The Storm

Over The Rainbow

 

 'Jonghyun, take out the trash and then you can head home!' The restaurant was pretty busy today, but now it was pushing five o clock and Jonghyun was counting the minutes. He emptied the large bin and took the bag outside to dump into the dumpster. 

He threw it in, and as he slammed the lid down, a really strong wind nearly blew him off his feet. 'Ugh, all I need. Perfect, the day I don't bring a jacket is the day it rains.' He headed back inside and his boss and the rest of the waiters were surrounding the small TV. 'What's going on?' His boss looked really worried as he said, 'Bad weather tonight. People are being warned to stay inside or find a shelter somewhere. I'm closing early, everyone get home now! Before it starts!' Jonghyun knew, bad typhoons happened sometimes but if everyone was being sent home now it must be bad. 

He was halfway home when he saw him, sitting by a lamp post looking scared. 'Kibum?!' His poor cat turned and saw him coming over and jumped into his arms. 'Bad cat! What are you doing?!' The poor animal was shivering in the rain and Jonghyun ran on to his house, the wind trying to blow him away as he climbed the stairs, Kibum in his arms wriggling about didn't help. 'MOM! NOONA!' He called for his family but they didn't seem to be home, the small apartment swaying in the wind. 

Kibum meowing in fright in his arms, he didn't see anything else to do, but to hide until the storm was over. He got to his room and climbed under his bed, his poor cat still in his arms. He held Kibum close and kept his eyes shut as the storm swayed his house for, side to side...at one point he felt like he was flying...