No Courage? Part 2

Over The Rainbow

'What?!' Kibum as dragged to his feet and Jonghyun pointed ahead of them, and they saw a lion coming towards them growling. 'Oh dear...' Onew stood to his feet and the lion pushed him down, with a huge crash and Taemin tried to help him up but the animal pushed him down too. 'Oh my!' The lion stood up, on his hind legs waving his fists around going, 'Come on, who's first?! I'll take both of you! I'll take both of you with one paw behind my back!' He glared at them both, ignoring Jonghyun and Kibum just keeping his attention on the scarecrow and Tin Man. 

'Come on, you clanking piece of junk!' He shoved poor Onew and then went to Taemin, 'Show me your fists you lopsided bag of hay!' The scarecrow pouted and said, 'Oh that's just rude!' Onew smiled, fixing his hat and said to Taemin, 'Very good lad, go on and teach him a lesson!' The scarecrow looked at Onew like he was the one missing the brain and said, 'What's wrong with you teaching him?!' 

The Tin Man sat up and said, 'Well I hardly know him! Go away now, we are just peaceful travellers!' The lion smiled like a cocky thing and said, 'Ha! I knew it, I'm too fierce and terrifying for you!' That got Kibums attention, so he moved forward and stood in front of the big beast and he said, 'Oh back off! No one here is scared of you, and quite frankly I find you rather...small.' The lions big eyes widened and he went, 'Small?! You'll regret those words cat!' The lion growled at him, and swiped at Kibums face. 'HEY!' 

Jonghyun saw red as Kibum stumbled back and approached the lion and pushed him back. 'Shame on you!' The big beasts eyes widened and then he burst into tears. Huge, loud, child like sobs that echoed all around the place. 'Why did you do that? I didn't bite him!' Jonghyun stood firm, his hands on his hips and he said, 'Well you tried! It's bad enough to pick on a poor straw man but him?! You do not touch him ever! You understand?' 

The lion just carried on sobbing and Jonghyun checked on Kibum who thankfully wasn't scratched badly and then he said to lion, 'Hardly a need for all that fuss anyway! I'd say you're nothing but a coward!' The big beast stood up, and wiped his eyes with his tail. He had a handsome face, floppy brown hair and huge brown eyes. 'You're right. I am a coward. I have no corsage at all, sometimes I ever scare myself!' He sighed, his eyes all puffy from the crying and Jonghyun started to feel sorry for the big brute. 

'Now you've stopped. Is there anything you want to say?' The lion looked down like a child caught eating sweets before dinner time and said, 'I'm sorry. I always figure if I try to scare away people I might gain some courage. Sadly it never works.' His bottom lip quivered and then Onew came forward and said, 'Oh now. Don't cry again, trust me once you start you don't stop.' Taemin snuck around and said to Jonghyun, 'Don't you think he could come with us?' The older man smiled at the scarecrow and spoke to the lion, 'We are on our way to see the Wizard. Maybe if you asked, he could give you some courage.' 

The lions eyes lit up and he smiled, his handsome face a bit brighter, 'Really?! Oh that sounds amazing! Thank you!' He went to hug Jonghyn but caught himself when he saw Kibums face. 'My name is Minho by the way. I can help you find a way out of here!' He pointed to the North and said, 'The nearest path out of here to the city is just a smile that way!' He smiled, leading the way and Onew and Taemin followed him. Jonghyun took a step forward and turned to see Kibum standing behind him glaring at the tall lion. 

'Are you ok?' The younger man sighed his ears all droopy and he said, 'I suppose. That big idiot is a right handful.' Jonghyun smiled and took his hand saying, 'I know. But he did say he can help us, the sooner we get to the Emerald City, the sooner we can get home. Right?' Kibum looked up at him and there was a cute smile on his bow lips as he said, 'Thanks for stepping in all brave like for me.' Jonghyun felt his face burn and he said, 'Well...I, um...it was nothing. Really.' Kibum squeezed his hand and stepped forward, still smiling and said, 'It was still very...sweet. Thank you.' He kissed Jonghyuns cheek and then the two followed the others out of the forest.