Wizards Prophecy Part 2

Over The Rainbow

'His father?! The scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion all lunged at Kibum and asked him all sorts, though he couldn't make out hardly any of it. 'Stop!' He said, his voice louder than he intended making them all shut up but then Taemin said, 'You knew all along? Didn't you? You knew he was the heir the whole time.' Kibum stood up straight and said, 'Fine. You want the truth, then fine. I knew the Wizard wanted to leave, but part of the plan was not him finding love and having a child. Before he died, he made sure I could stay behind to look after Jonghyun.' 

Kibum sighed, feeling like he should have been open about this a long time ago and said, 'When he first found me in his basket, he wasn't angry. He gave me to Jonghyun when he was a child, told him to look after me but not before telling me that my job was to keep him safe.' He felt his eyes sting again, but he closed them keeping the tears away and said, 'For so many years I was his friend. The Wizard suddenly passing wasn't part of the plan but the idiot didn't tell anyone he was already ill and dying not long after Jonghyun was born.' 

'He made sure I would stay a cat unless the time came for us to come back here. I suppose I should thank you for that.' He looked at Glinda who was smiling kindly at him. 'I was told to protect him. He's gone now and it's my fault.' He put his head into his hands and then he felt a soft hand on his shoulder, and Taemins voice beside him, 'Don't get upset. You did your best, Jonghyun is still alive, he hasn't gone anywhere yet.' 

Onew looked ready to cry, but he somehow kept it together and said, 'Well. Only one thing to do now, we have to get Jonghyun back.' Everyone, including Glinda looked at him like he was nuts and he looked ready to back down but he kept his ground. 'Well he is the son of the Wizard. The heir. The only way is to bring him back right?' They were all quiet and Taemin scratched his head, straw landing on the floor. 'Onew is right.' 

Minho, the lion, the last person on earth anyone thought would speak, stepped forward his chest out, trying to look brave. 'The heir is the one to set it all right. And quite frankly, we sit here any longer Jonghyun could be...well the witch isn't a kind person. And you are.' He pointed at Kibum, who felt his ears drop a little in shame as the Lion stared him down. 'You love him and he loves you, so I think you need to get up and go get him. And we will help you, right?' He looked at Taemin and Onew who looked sheol shocked beyond belief and then the scarecrow stammered, 'Oh...yes. Yes we will. Certainly.' He stood tall and the Tin Man smiled, 'I think our lion has found his courage. It's beautiful...' 

'Oh don't cry. Please don't.' Kibum said, standing up looking at the three individuals and then Glinda spoke, 'We don't have much time. Here, take this.' He took off her necklace and placed it around Kibums neck, the jewel slightly heavy around his neck. It was small, sliver but it shone so bright it was like a star itself had lent its light to it. 'It will help you find the way. You must be mindful, my sisters castle is very heavily guarded. Flying monkeys, her Black guard, not things you wish to run into, not if you plan on leaving alive.' Minho slightly whimpered but Taemin patted his shoulder and said, 'Not to worry. We can think of a way to get in.' 

Kibum looked at them all, and then he smiled, 'Well then. What's your plan straw boy?' He looked at the scarecrow who blushed slightly and said, 'Uh...well, first off, I'd say we need disguises.'