If I Only Had A Heart

Over The Rainbow

'Oh I'm cold!' The late afternoon in the forest turned the air really cool making Kibum shiver and wrapped his arms around himself, looking pitiful his ears all droopy. Jonghyun took off his hoodie and offered it to him saying, 'Here. And don't look so sad, we found our way.' Kibum out the hoodie on and said still looking sorry for himself, 'Now. He helped us. I was the one that got us lost.' 

Jonghyun smiled at him, and put his arm around Kibum letting the younger rest his head on his shoulder as they walked. 'Aww!' Jonghyun looked at Taemin, the scarecrow standing in front of them a big smile on his cute face, 'You two make such a lovely couple!' Jonghyun felt his face burn a little and he said, 'Oh well...he's my friend.' Kibum still rested his head on his shoulder and then Taemin said, 'Oh look!' 

Ahead of them was a little house, barely even one room by the look of it but it was cosy.  'Do you see? That statue by the tree!' Taemin ran over, and Jonghyun shouted, 'Wait, we need to stay on the road!' But the stupid scarecrow had gone on and was looking at the weird figure and said, 'Oh! It's the Tin Man!' Kibum looked at Jonghyun as if to say, 'The child has lost his mind' and then the older walked over to see for himself. 'Oh...that is interesting.' 

The man was made of tin, and his face was handsome and cheerful. He was holding his axe up in the air as if he was about to cut the tree but he had frozen. 'Hmm...' Jonghyun started as the Tin Man made a noise. 'Hmmm!!' Taemin leaned in and said, 'Did you say something?' The Tin Mans eyes moved around and Kibum backed away, his hair on end, 'Can we go now? He's creeping me out.' Taemin leaned in closer and the Tin Man went, 'HHHMMMMM!!' The scarecrows eyes lit up, and he said, 'He says his rusted and needs his oil can. Over there!' 

'You got that from what he said?!' Kibum looked ready to run for it, had he not wanted to be alone in the darkening forest. Taemin found the oil can by a bush and sprayed some on the Tin Mans lips and around his mouth. 'Oh! Oh thank you!' The man said, a sweet deep voice leaving his lips and he smiled at them. 'I can talk again! Would you be so kind as to oil my arm, I would like to put this axe down.' 

Taemin put some oil on his arm and helped him lower it, the metal squeaking but the Tin Man didn't seem to mind. 'Oh! Thank you!' He took the can from Taemin and then the scarecrow asked, 'How did you end up like this?' The Tin Man blinked as if he was trying to remember and then he spoke, 'Well, about a year ago I was chopping that tree when suddenly, it began to rain. The most horrible storm, the wind blowing, leaves in my face. When it was over, I was rusted solid. Been here ever since.' 

'A whole year?! You were stuck here a whole year?!' Kibum said, suddenly very vocal and Jonghyun said, 'Well, not to worry anymore. You're perfect now!' He patted the Tin Mans shoulder and then the man said, 'Oh. I'm not perfect...' He got this real sad look on his face, his warm eyes watery, 'Bang on my chest and you will see I'm not perfect.' The three men looked at him like he was nuts and then he said, 'Go on! I feel nothing anyway.' 

Jonghyun lifted his hand and knocked his fist against the Tin Mans chest and all he heard was an echo. 'Oh lovely! What an echo!' Taemin said looking very cheerful and the Tin Man said, still looking very sad, 'It's empty. I have no heart gentlemen.' His bottom lip quivered and Taemin went, 'Oh don't cry! You'll rust again!' The man blinked a few times and then he said, 'Oh what's the point? I'm an old clunker and I can barely use this axe as it is! No wonder my maker didn't give me a heart, I don't deserve one!' Then he burst into tears and Jonghyun said, 'Oh now! There's no need for that!' 

'Listen to me!' Jonghyun placed his hands on the Tin Mans shoulders and said, 'We are on our way to the Emerald City. To see the Wizard. You see me and Kibum got here by mistake and need to go home.' Taemin piped up and said, 'I'm getting a brain!' Jonghyun smiled and said, 'Come with us. Please?' The Tin Man looked like he was ready to cry again but he smiled, 'OK. Yes I would love to!' They helped him oil up his legs and other joints and then Jonghyun asked him, 'What's your name?' The Tin Man grinned and said, 'My name is Onew. Now, which way do we go?'