No Courage?

Over The Rainbow

'Onew, how much further?' Jonghyun yawned, feeling really tired the sun on its way down, the forest getting really dark. 'Well, we have another day ahead of us but...' The Tin Man turned around and saw Kibum with his eyes drooping and his ears all hanging down and Jonghyun stretching with tiredness. 'But we can rest here for the night. Taemin, come and help me light the fire.' The scarecrows face paled and he went, 'Oh no! No I don't go near fire! I'm made of straw!'

The Tin Man gave him a look as Kibum and Jonghyun settled down on the ground, already nearly falling asleep and said, 'I think we need to go together. I chop the wood, you carry it...ok?' He took the younger by the hand when it didn't seem clear enough and as he dragged him he said, 'I think we need to leave our friends alone...for a bit.' Taemin blinked and then he went, 'Ohhh...right.' 

Taemin giggled and Jonghyun was too tired to ask why, as he settled down on the soft grass Kibum beside him. 'Are you still cold?' Kibum shook his head and smiled at him, 'No I'm alright. Thanks for this by the way.' He pulled the hoodie around himself and settled himself down the ground. 'You comfy?' Kibum rolled around and then he groaned, 'Not really. I miss my cat bed.' Jonghyun smiled and then reached out to Kibum saying, 'Come here. The grass is softer here.' 

Kibum shuffled closer and Jonghyun pulled him in, holding him close like he would when he was a cat, letting his head rest on his shoulder. 'We will get home soon.' Kibum sighed and said, 'Yeah. You go back normal and me...I'll be your pet again.' Jonghyun gently Kibums soft hair, catching the warm scent of it and said, 'Well...maybe you could ask the Wizard if he could make you human?' 

Kibum lifted his head, looking at Jonghyun like he was crazy and said, 'What?! Ask to be human?' Jonghyun shrugged, feeling a bit foolish now and said, 'Would it be so bad? You were never really just a pet to me, you know that.' He held Kibums hand, his skin lovely and warm despite saying a while ago he was cold. 'You are my friend.' Kibum looked down at their entwined hands and whispered, 'Only a friend?' 

Jonghyun was glad it was dark, as his cheeks burned a little and he said, 'Cross that bridge when we get to it. But at least think about...asking the Wizard at least?' Kibum was quiet for a good few minutes and then he said, 'I think I want to sleep now.' With that, he turned around, his back to Jonghyun now and didn't move all night...

Jonghyun lay beside him, putting his arm around Kibums waist to feel warm and rested his head between his shoulders. He smiled, wondering how did he not notice that the younger man was taller than him? Not by much, but still. He was about to drift off when he heard something. 'Taemin?' He lifted his head but he saw both the scarecrow and Tin Man were asleep, they weren't making any noise. 

'Grrrr...' The sound made Jonghyun sit up right and he looked around, nudging Kibum awake. 'Wake up! Wake up, something is out there!' Kibum groaned and said, not opening his eyes, 'I swear to Oz if you have waken me for nothing...' Jonghyun shook his head, hearing more rustling in the bushes and said, 'No I swear I...OH MY GOD!!'