Another Day

Over The Rainbow

 Jonghyun woke up to two things: one that he was running late and two his cat was snoozing on his head. 'Kibum...' He rubbed the black cats ears, making the animal meow indignantly and move off him looking really mad. 'Sorry but one of us has to get up and work.' He said, swinging his legs off his bed, dressing quickly so as to not miss his shift at the small restaurant he worked at. Now, serving people and cleaning tables was not what he had in mind for a budding song writer like himself and after college he didn't have it mind but to keep an apartment over his mother and sisters head, he did what he had to. After eating at the speed of light, he hopped on his scooter and drove into town, his manager giving him a hard look as he ran inside. 'Sorry sir!' He bowed to the older man who just said, 'Look just get suited and clean those tables.' Jonghyun got to it, running around doing his best to get his shift over and done with quickly. 'Server boy!' He looked up, and there was someone sitting at one of the back tables, arm in the air clicking her fingers for him to come over. 'Ugh...Jessica.' The woman was really pretty but contrary to her twin Tiffany who was, nice and kind sitting beside her looking at Jonghyun with pity as he came over. 'Good morning noona.' He said, bowing his head to her and Jessica said, 'My milkshake is melting. I want a colder one.' Tiffany looked at her sister and said, 'Unnie, stop. We just bought them.' Jessica ignored her sister and glared at Jonghyun and said, 'Like I said, it's melting. Get me a colder one.' Jonghyun lifted the shake and said, 'No problem. I'll be right back.' He turned away and walked to the window leading to the kitchen and the chef rolled his eyes, 'Did she send that over?' Jonghyun nodded and handed it to him and got to work serving other customers. He had no idea why Jessica was so mean to him, but he supposed she just liked ordering people around and getting her way. 'Don't have to be such a witch about it.' He got on with his day, Jess the Witch sending back her milkshake at least three more times before his shift was over. He got himself home and once he was back in his room, he dug out his notebook and finished off writing a song he had started. His cat, Kibum jumped up on his bed and sat there staring him down. 'What were you up to today then?' He the cats soft fur, the animal purring really loudly. 'You ever think there is more to it all Kibum?' He asked the animal and of course he got no response, just a tilt of the head and a rather bemused expression. If Kibum could speak, he would have been saying, 'Why ask me? I'm just a cat you idiot.' Jonghyun sat back in his bed, looking out the small window by his bed and said again, 'Just once I wouldn't mind something really exciting to happen around here. Getting bored of all this. Aren't you?' He looked at his cat, but the animal just lay on his tummy staring at Jonghyun like he was a right fool. 'Just wish once it would all change...'