007

Behind everything

 


“Confess!” Jihoon said repeatedly, god, this kid. I really want to punch him right on his face. Currently, we are in his favorite café, a place that he got all of his ideas to write song. “Jihoon, I can’t!” I said, playing with the straw. “Oh god, it’s simple. I like you. And done!” “No!” I protested. “What did you think that will make Mingyu rejected you?” “I don’t know… Maybe he just considering me as his little sister…” Jihoon face palmed. “You’re way too adorable with the fringe style, no one will resist you.” I look at him questionably. “No, I mean, you’re gaining attention right now because you become cuter.” “But not from him.” Jihoon sighed deeply. “As you know, Mingyu is good looking. He might got stolen by anyone before you managed to get him.” “If he is happy, I didn’t care.” Jihoon’s jawline dropped, mentally giving up. How come this energetic girl gives up? Yes, I’ll give up if I didn’t get Mingyu. I’m afraid if I confessed, it’ll ruin our friendship. And, the most important, with who will I be staying if our friendship cracked? “I don’t understand you. It’s a worth trying, Song Narae.” “No, it’s not.” “God damn it. That easy?” I nodded. “I liked when I get frustrated over my lyrics rather than get frustrated talking with you.” He said, standing up. “Let me sent you home. Let’s go.” I stand up, sighing deeply. After 5 minutes walking, I waved at him and make a fighting sign before walked into my house. “You should be fighting too!” He said, before he walked to practice studio. I face palmed, and carried away with my thought before I smell something burn. I run to the kitchen, looking Mingyu is struggling with few slice of beef that burned. “Mingyu?” He giggled. “I want to make my own sandwich, and for you too.” I chuckled. “You are not supposed to. Let me do it.” I said, before making his favorite sandwich. “Sorry.” He said before taking a bite, and I smiled. “Nah, it’s okay.” I said before cleaning up the mess that he did in the kitchen. “Take a bite.” He said, showing me the sandwich that he currently hold. “No, I’m on diet.” Lies, it just I’m not feeling to eat. “Why would you do that?” “Can’t you see? I’m getting fatter.” “Uh, fatter is good. I can hug you and make you as one of my pillows.” He bluntly said. “What?” I asked him back, I’m trying to confirm what I just heard. “N-Nothing.” Okay, so it’s true. I wiped my hands after finished cleaning, and he finished eating too. “You supposed to go to practice, aren’t you?” “5 minutes more.” He said, packing up his thing. “Be careful. Don’t over stressed. You’ll do it perfectly.” I said, smiling. “Thanks Narae.” He hugged me tightly before walked out from the house, tying up his shoe laces. “Be careful also. If there’s something, quickly call me. Okay?” I nodded. “Bye.” I waved at him, and he waved me back before he run to his practice studio, he must be late I bet. Here I am again, lonely. Fangirling over bias that wouldn’t notice me, yelling the girl in the drama that wouldn’t listen to me. I’ll be lonelier if Mingyu debuted after this. He wouldn’t have much time, he’ll be out for whole day and only be home at the night, and he must be tired. We’ll rarely talk, rarely eat together… Sighing, I think I should know my place when he debuted soon. I changed the channel repeatedly as nothing caught my attention, and turned off the TV. I lie down, staring on the blank ceiling. What if what Jihoon’s said is true? If he’ll be an idol, the number that crushed on him will double, or triple. And among them, there must be someone who caught Mingyu’s attention, right? I ruffled my hair in frustration, seriously, I should focus in my study now, not him. Kim Mingyu. Argh, I need to get you out from my mind! I shouldn’t risk my heart to be broke by you! I banged my head to table, and winced as the bruise didn’t fully heal yet. “I hate you Kim Mingyu. Stop making me fall deeper.” I groaned. You gotta rid that kind of feelings for him, Song Narae!