006

Behind everything

 


I sit down on the couch, watching the drama until middle night. I’m waiting for Mingyu to come home, well, I kinda scared to sleep if he is not home. My eyelids were heavy, but I keep shaking my head, to wash away the sleepiness. “Where is he,” I mumbled before bite the chips. “It’s middle of the night and he’s not yet home?” I tried to call him, but no answer. Maybe he is too immersed with his practice. I dialed Jihoon’s number, and silently pray that he will answer. “Hello?” “Hello, Jihoon it’s me.” “Umm, yeah why?” “Is Mingyu there?” “Yeah, do you want to talk with him?” “No, just, when all of you get home?” “Maybe at 1…” “That late?” “Aye, you’re worrying about Mingyu huh?” “Shut up Jihoon.” “Oh, couldn’t sleep without prince charming?” I blushed. “Stop it, Jihoon.” “Yeah yeah I’ll only stop teasing you after you confessed your feelings.” “I will not confess.” “Uh, come on,” I face palmed. Jihoon is the only one who know about this. Luckily he is good in keeping secret, or I’ll be done by now. “No, Jihoon.” “LEE JIHOON!” I can hear faint shouts of Seungcheol, and Jihoon yelled back. “Who the heck are you talking with?” Mingyu said, and I smiled. “Your baby, soon to be Mrs. Kim.” “Oh god Jihoon.” I said, and I can hear Jihoon giggled. “Hey,” Mingyu said. “Hey, Gyu. What time will you be at home?” “Guess someone missed him…” Jeonghan said, before Mingyu hissed ‘Go Away.’ “I’ll be home at 1. Why aren’t you sleeping yet?” “Um, I’m scared…” “Oh, you just sleep on the couch. I’ll wake you up when I got home. I promise I’ll be home fast.” “Thank you.” “Goodnight, sweet dreams. Dreams of me okay?” He said, making my heart feel fluttery. “I want to dreams about Jihoon. Bye!” I hung up the call, and hugged the cushion. Did he really just said that? Smiling, I closed my eyes. Argh, I’m gonna go insane.

[Mingyu’s P.O.V]

“Here Jihoon hyung, thank you.” I handed him his phone, before we focused back in practicing our choreography. We’re gonna debut next year, so I need to work harder. “Having fun talking with her?” “No.” “Aww, she rejected you already?” Jeonghan teased me, and I glared at him. “I don’t like her.” I stated. “Oh yeah, you really did.” I sighed. “Fine, so what will all of you gonna do if I like her?” I said, turning to my back to face all the members. “Confess!” Hansol said. “We’re gonna help you you know?” “Nah, if she likes me, she should confess first.” I said, before practicing our choreography. “No, you did it wrong. It’s like this.” Hoshi corrected my movements, and I practiced that movement until Hoshi feel satisfied. “Okay boys, get in. Shining diamond on the line!” “Ai ai captain.” Minghao pressed play, and I do it just like we’ve practiced. It’s went up for 3 rounds of the same song, before Seungcheol decided to allow everyone go home. I jumped in happiness, grabbing my bag. “Yah, don’t be so happy.” “Well, let him be. He’s happy with his future girlfriend.” “God, stop teasing me.” I said, before waved my members and walked (run, actually) home. I pressed the password, and the door clicked open. I smiled as I saw Narae’s figure, sleeping on the couch. Well, surely the guys are right, but I don’t want to confess it yet okay. It’s a big secret. Shh… Keep it safe! I walked to her, adjusting my bag. I lift her up slowly bridal style, not wanting to wake her up. She’s too cute when she sleeps. She groaned softly when I lied her down on her bed. “Uh?” She opened her eyes. “You’re home.” “Yes. Go to sleep. You got school tomorrow.” “Go shower and get sleep Gyu Gyu, you got school also tomorrow. Don’t forget to eat your vitamins.” She said, mumbling against the blanket but clearly heard. “Sure.” I replied to her, and her hair before leaning in, want to peck her forehead. But, I feel hesitated. What if she hates me to do like this? What if the feeling wasn’t mutual? So I decided to walk out from her room and get showered, before lied down on my bed, staring off the blank ceiling. Argh, she’s driving me crazy!