015

Behind everything

 


I sighed deeply. Jihoon smiled, and patted my back. “Nah, don’t worry. He just tripped his feet…” I looked at him and forced a smile. Yeah, that’s great, Mingyu tripped his feet over the extension wire, and fell down. I bet his ankle is twisted. Luckily there’s no school for today, so I can come here as fast as I can. “He should be careful.” “Yeah, it was an accident, don’t worry.” The treatment room door slowly opened, revealing Mingyu, walking slowly. Jihoon quickly stand up and helped him to walk, before guiding him to sit down. He smile softly looking at me. “You make me feel scared.” “It’s nothing actually. I just twisted my ankle. And might take about a week or two to recover.” I sighed in relieve. “Here, your medicine.” Jihoon handed him a plastic bag, before taking a seat. “Narae, make sure he eats all the medicine.” I nodded, and squeezed Mingyu’s hand. This kid can be a bit stubborn in eating the medicine. “No…” He said, as if his bad nightmare is here. “I don’t care, you must eat.” “Come on Mingyu, we have 2 months left to comeback…” Jihoon said, face palmed. His eye bag becomes bigger and the circle get darker. He’s composing songs again, I thought. “Come on, let’s go home.” Jihoon said before helping Mingyu to walk. He drive us home, and after that he need to finish the last song that he wrote, before starting the recording. Hoshi need to choreograph the dance. “He must be having a difficult time.” I said, looking at Mingyu. “Who?” “Jihoon. His eyes…” “Nah, it’s okay. He’ll get better after the song finished.” He said, while grabbing a bag of chip. “Yah! That’s mine!” I said, grabbing it back. He make a cute pouting face, and I groaned. “That’s not gonna work on me.” “Really?” “Yeah.” I said, eating the chips one by one. He groaned and pouted. I laughed. “Give me that.” “Uh?” “Or I’ll do something.” “With your condition like this? I think no.” He pulled me by my arms, making me lying on top of him. “Mingyu!” He grabbed the plastic bag from me. “Thank you.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes and stand up, wanting to go to the kitchen. “Just because of you, I need to clean the house.” Yeah, the furniture need to rearrange because he’ll be staying in the living room. So, it’s easy for him to go to the kitchen, watching the TV… “Welcome.” He replied while smiling. “Do you feel hungry?” “No.” “Okay.” “Narae.” “Yeah?” “Come here.” I walked to him. “Why?” “Sit down.” I sit down. “Watch the TV with me.” “I have chores to do.” “Please?” I sighed deeply. “You’re being a kid again.” He smiled softly. “Fine.” I’m used with this side of him, that wanting me to take care of him and fully pay attention to him. I leaned my head on his shoulder, resting. He my hair, and played with my fingers which make me chuckled. “Song Narae.” “Yeah?” “Do you have someone in your mind?” I looked at him, questionably. “You know, like crush… etc.” “Why do you wanna know?” He stopped playing with my fingers, and laced my fingers with him. “You know, we never have secrets with each other.” I smiled softly. “No, there’s nothing at all.” “Serious?” “Yeah, how about you?” He hesitated. “Stop playing hard.” I said, pushing his arm slightly. “I have, someone.” My heart shattered to pieces. No, not this again. “Who is it?” I pushed myself to keep smiling. “Aye, it’s a secret.” “What do you like about her?” “Her personality. She was there for me during my ups and downs.” I smiled. It must be someone in the company. Or in the school. “Hey are you okay?” He asked, as I seem like spacing out. “Yeah, okay. Oh your medicine!” I quickly walked to the kitchen, taking a few pills according to the instruction, and a glass of water. “Noooooo” He said, and I laughed. “You need this Mingyu. You need to recover soon. Poor Jihoon.” He sighed. “That little boy can take care of himself properly.” He said, while hesitating to take it or not. “Yeah, but he need your help. Your hip hop unit too.” I said, pleading him to eat. “Fine.” He said, taking the pills one by one before take a big gulp of the water. “Good boy.” I said, patting his head. And I got pinched on my cheek because doing that.