Two

Hello, my soulmate

"So did you tell her?" Taeyong asked me during our lunch break the next day. He basically dragged me out of the coffee shop to the exact same spot where Sooyeon and I were at. The staircase. 

I nodded. 

"What did she say?" 

"She cried." I sighed, losing my appetite at the thought of Irene's tears. 

"Again?" Taeyong sounded quite surprised. "Is Irene the very emotional type?" 

"I guess so." I shrugged. "She is a very shy person and she feels almost every emotion quietly. I didn't know that she cries that easily until the last time she cried, when we were having some misunderstanding." 

"She cries as in tearing or sobbing hard?" He inquired seriously. 

"Tearing first then sobbing hard. Can we not talk about it? I feel like a failure because I keep making my girlfriend cry." I fed myself a big spoon of rice. 

Taeyong kept quiet for another five minutes which we hurriedly finished our food in silence. I knew he was thinking about what to say so I just sat there beside him instead of going back to the coffee shop to join the rest. 

"Do you think..." he stopped and looked at me. 

"What?" I side-eyed him. What he said was going to affect me in some ways, I knew it from the way he looked at me. 

"That you guys need a break?" 

"Are you crazy?" I exclaimed, looking at him incredulously. "I thought you were supportive of us!" I was feeling angry and quite in a denial because my best friend just asked us to break up when he knew that Irene was my happiness. 

"I am. Seulgi, I am." He closed his eyes. "But I am just suggesting. A break is not a break-up. You know?" 

"I don't know. Stop talking, I am going back." I said and stood up but he grabbed my wrist firmly before I could walk away. "Let go Tae." I said coldly, my anger was building up. 

"Seul, I really want you to be happy. I want you to see a bigger picture. Can you sit down and listen to me first?" He kind of begged, which surprised me because Taeyong never pleaded people. I turned my head around to look at him and his eyes were indeed pleading me to stay. I scoffed quietly and sat back down. "I know you're angry because Irene is your girlfriend and I am your best friend but I am the one who is asking you to break up with your girlfriend." 

"Right." I scoffed again. 

"But Seul, can you tell me how long have you guys been together again?" He asked me softly. I frowned at him, I thought he knew. I raised three fingers up and he nodded. "I know it is three months. Or maybe going to. But what I am trying to say here is, I am not intervening anything. I just want you to know that... it is just the beginning of your relationship. If... If she is going to cry so oftenly every single time the two of you have some misunderstandings, the problem will never be resolved." He paused. "It will only worsen." 

"What are you talking about?" I pretended that I did not understand him because I certainly did not want to break up with Irene. 

"You know what I am talking about. Her insecurity. Her over-possessiveness. Her... intrusive behaviour." He said slowly and softly, checking my reaction. I told him about Irene checking my phone without my permission, at first he told me that maybe she was just looking but I told him that I saw the messaging app in my recent app section, so she was actually reading my messages. 

"Tae, I don't know. Can we stop-" 

"Running away doesn't help, Seul. I want you to be happy. But you look stressed out every time after you guys have a fight or something. Even though you tell me you two make up very quickly, apparently the problem is still not solved because it is always about the same ." 

"Do you not like her?" I asked him coldly. 

"I like her, Seulgi. She is your girlfriend, the one who makes you feel things that the other girls cannot make you feel. You have no idea how happy I was when you told me that you met a girl. I didn't even think that the two of you rushed into things because I thought she was perfect for you. Until you... told me about your fights." He sighed. 

I felt confused. I was touched that Taeyong cared so much about me. But I was hurt that he actually suggested for me to leave Irene. But what he said made sense. A lot of sense. But my heart did not want to listen. 

We sat there until the lunch break was over. In silence. Then he stood up and patted my shoulder. "I am not forcing you to break up with her. I'm just saying that you guys need a break. A break to sort things out, to see things more clearly. You're a smart girl, Seul. Do the right thing." Then he left. 

I sat there in a daze with his words kept replaying in my head. Do the right thing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____

A very short update because the next chapter is going to be a long one!!! Sorry guys but... this is needed :/