Secret

Hello, my soulmate

On the last day of school term, Krystal, Taeyong and I went to the coffee house that Sooyeon was working at for the job interview. It was a breeze as they were short of people so we managed to fill in the vacancy and the shop owner was a very kind lady, she offered a rather high pay for part-time job and said that we could even go back to help out even after school holiday ends. 

The sun was setting and we were still having a nice chat in the coffee house. Sooyeon had changed quite a lot, we hadn't seen each other for almost 4 years. We went to different middle schools unlike Krystal and I. We were 13 when we broke up because she said that we were still young. It felt nice to see her again. 

"Unnie, are you done?" Krystal asked Sooyeon when the latter tapped on her shoulder from the back. Sooyeon gave me a soft smile with a small wave as I looked at her. We hadn't talked that day since she was busy working. The coffee house was quite a hot spot for young people. 

Sooyeon nodded and sat down beside Krystal, in front of me. "Hey S-Seulgi." She fiddled with the napkin on the table and tried to hold an eye contact with me. Taeyong nudged me when I didn't respond. 

"Oh hey, Sooyeon." I smiled with my eyes forming crescent moon like shape. "How are you?" I decided to initiate the small talk to keep the awkwardness in the air away. 

"Fine I guess? How about you? I heard from Soojung that you're one of the top students this time." The corners of her lips tugged upward as she waited for my reply. 

I blushed because it was out of my character to boast about my academic result. "Yeah. I am fine too. I worked hard for it." I laughed nervously and Taeyong scoffed. 

"You don't even have to sit down in front of the notes for too long and you can solve complex questions straight away. Seulgi, please." He side-eyed me and I smacked his arm. 

Krystal chuckled as we fought again. "Tae is right you know. I wonder how can you be so smart." 

"Yah I am not smart. I really work hard okay?" I pouted slightly because I didn't like it when people said that I was smart. I really did work hard to produce the kind of result I wanted to see. If I was really that smart, I didn't even have to go to school right? 

Sooyeon giggled when she saw me and it felt nice when she teased me. "Just accept the fact that you're a smartie, Seul." When she realised that she called me by the name that she always called me, she froze and looked away from me. 

Krystal seemed to understand the situation as well so she spoke up to clear the awkwardness. "We will be working tomorrow right?" 

I looked at her and nodded. "I am quite nervous though. I have never worked before. What if I break a cup or something?" 

"Just don't break girls' hearts." Taeyong mocked me and I slapped his shoulder again which he giggled. 

Sooyeon seemed to relax a little after we broke into a fit of laughter as we shared some jokes and caught up with one another. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and so I excused myself for awhile, going out of the coffee house to pick up the call from my girlfriend. 

"Hello?" 

"are you still in school?" Her voice was slightly higher over the phone since she was free to act cute without me staring at her. 

"Y-yeah. Why?" I looked into the coffee house and saw that Sooyeon was looking at me then she quickly looked away. 

"I was wondering if we can meet tonight. We haven't met for two days already." I could imagine her pouting and sulking. We hadn't met for two days not because I was the busy one, she had too many things to do in her hands so she had to work overtime. 

"Ah... tonight?" I frowned. Because if I let her stay tonight, she would find it weird if I leave house early tomorrow which was a Saturday when I didn't have to go to school. "I... don't think so..." 

She didn't reply straightaway and I was struggling to come up with a reason. "are you angry at me?" she sighed into the phone. 

"What? No of course not! What makes you say that?" 

"because I have been working and neglecting you." 

"Nah, baby. I am not angry. Just... I am not- I am on my period." I quickly said when an idea popped inside my head. 

"w-what? And we can't meet because you are on your period?" she said incredulously. 

"I... erm... I am scared that I can't control myself you know." I laughed nervously and awkwardly, scratching my neck as I knew very well that it was a lie. 

"okay... but can we meet for awhile?" 

"Sure. I will see you at nine-thirty?" 

"Eight thirty." 

"alright. See you. I love you." I smiled at no one. 

"i love you too." she whispered and my smile grew wider. Then I waited for her to hang up first before I went back to the coffee house. It was 7pm already and I wanted to leave as I was going to meet Irene later. 

"Hey guys, see y'all tomorrow. I gotta go." I said and gathered my school bag. Sooyeon stared at me, opening and closing twice but she ended up waving at me. I waved back and Krystal did the same. Taeyong just shoo-ed me off which I hit the back of his head before running off because he would have killed me if I stood there. 

The coffee house was 30 minutes away from my home and I had to take a bus. While waiting, I felt my phone vibrating again and I thought it was Irene but no, it was an unknown number. 

From: xxxxxxxx

Hey Seulgi, reach home safely and see you tomorrow :)

I assumed it was Sooyeon and I saved the number first before keying in my reply. 

To: Sooyeon

Sooyeon? Haha yeah I will. See you too! 

From: Sooyeon

:)

I exited the conversation and saw that Irene was typing something so I waited for her to finish typing before her reply came in. 

From: Irene :)

Can you come over my place instead of meeting downstairs? I think Suzy needs help with her homework. 

To: Irene :)

Errrr okay sure. Same time?

From: Irene :)

You can come earlier if you want. I am home already.

To: Irene :)

Is your father at home? 

From: Irene :) 

Yeah. Don't worry, he knows you're coming.

To: Irene :) 

Alright. Give me one hour.

From: Irene :)

Okay be careful. Love you.

To: Irene :)

Love you more ♡

 

By the time I reached home, it was 7 45 and I was only left with about 20 minutes. So I took a quick shower and put on a pair of sweatpants and T-shirt before rushing over to the next block to meet Irene. My mother even yelled at me for not telling her that I wouldn't be having dinner. 

"Hey." I smiled when Irene came out to open the door for me. She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back, we didn't see each other for two days already after all. "I miss you." I nuzzled to her neck and planted a soft kiss on it. She pulled away and tapped my lips. 

"Behave yourself. Appa is in the living room." She said softly and patted my shoulders. She looked at what I was wearing and I saw her bit her lip. I thought my outfit suited me a lot because it was totally my style. "You look good." She whispered in my ear and I gulped. Curse myself for saying that I was on my period. 

I blushed and gave her a small smile. She moved away to let me step in and I quickly bowed at Mr Bae when he looked at me. "Good evening, sir." He nodded at me. 

"You're finally here." He said, not exactly a welcome tone but he wasn't as stern as before. "Are you staying tonight?" He asked me when I walked to the living room. 

"No, I am going home later." I replied politely and Irene was standing next to me, her arm linked with mine. 

Mr Bae eyed our linked arms and he nodded. "Alright." Then he went back to watching tv and Irene smiled at me before pulling me to her room where Suzy was doing her homework. 

"Seulgi-unnie!" She jumped and hugged me when I entered the room. "I've missed you so much!" She grinned at me after she stepped away and I laughed at her overly-excited grin. 

"Really? Or is it because you need a free tutor?" I teased and she stuck her tongue out at me. Irene watched us with a small smile on her face and she pulled out another chair for me to sit. "So what do you not know?" I sat down next to where Suzy was sitting. Irene went behind me and wrapped her arms around my neck loosely. 

"This. Oh my god I swear I don't understand biology." Suzy whined and I knocked her forehead gently. "Why do we have to memorise these weird terms that won't even be used in real life?" 

"You're complaining too much Suzy. Which one?" I laughed at her and looked at the question paper. She pointed at the question and sighed heavily. "Evolution?" She nodded sadly and I picked up a pencil from the desk. Irene was massaging my shoulders as I dissected the question for Suzy. "I think the best way to answer biology question is to dissect the question part by part. There is always important information in the pre-amble and you just have to pick out the clues. It is actually very simple if you look at it this way. They say that the finches were separated onto different islands which they also provided you with the ages." 

Suzy nodded and was listening very carefully. Irene was also listening as well even though she probably didn't take biology before. Her hands were resting on my shoulders. "Variation in the population is due to mutations." I said carefully to which Suzy nodded. "Now tell me how would you answer this since I have dissected the question for you and given you a big clue." 

"Ah I know." Suzy smiled and started writing down her answer in the space provided. My smile grew wider as I read what she was writing. "Am I right?" She asked unsurely after she was done. 

"Absolutely!" I ruffled her hair and she cheered. 

"You're so smart Unnie." She gave me a quick hug and I rubbed my nape. 

"Nah I am not." I laughed and Suzy rolled her eyes at me playfully. 

"My teachers are gonna think that I am so smart for answering questions like this." She said and Irene giggled. 

"What? You're a clever girl, Suzy. Don't say this kind of thing." I said seriously. 

Irene went back to massaging my shoulders and Suzy shrugged. "By the way, Seulgi Unnie." I looked at her for her to continue and she glanced at Irene first before she added. "What's your co-curricular activity?" 

"Oh... I am in the soccer team-" 

"You're a soccer player?" Irene asked, she was very surprised as I had never told her about it. I turned right to look at her and nodded sheepishly. "Why didn't you tell me anything?" She pouted. 

"I don't think there is anything to talk about. I am just a normal player." I said and Suzy's mouth was in an 'o' shape.

"What's your position?" Suzy asked. 

"I am the defender." 

"Oh my... Unnie you're really talented. Are you the captain?" Suzy clasped her hands together as she waited for my answer eagerly. 

I shook my head and her face was full of disappointment. "I am not that good." 

"But you're RV high's soccer player!" Suzy exclaimed. "To be honest, actually I knew about it awhile ago. I just wanted to confirm with you because I wasn't sure if that was you." 

"When?" I frowned. 

"Like four months ago during the inter-school final." She said and I nodded. It was our finals four months ago when I hadn't met Irene. People from different schools came down to support us or the opponent team. There were people from middle schools too. "I saw my school soccer team that day and I suddenly recalled the finals. I saw you even before unnie did." She stuck out her tongue at Irene and Irene made a face. 

"Ahhhh really?" I laughed awkwardly and Irene was playing with the hem of my sleeve. 

Suzy nodded. "To be honest, my friends found you hot. They were arguing who will be the one to get your attention by shouting your name so loudly." She laughed as she recalled the event. 

I frowned and asked, "is that why I kept hearing people screaming my name when I was on the bench?" 

"You remember?" Suzy laughed and I laughed along but Irene didn't laugh. She just gave me a weak smile when I turned to look at her. "Oh unnie, you are not jealous, are you?" Suzy teased when she saw Irene's face. 

I put my finger to my lips to ask Suzy to stop talking and she giggled again. "Are you jealous?" I stood up and turned around to look at Irene. She looked down and I knew the answer already. "Don't be. They are just little girls." I patted her cheek and Suzy poked my back.

"We are not little girls!" She pouted and I just dismissed her quickly as Irene was not laughing at her sister's antic. 

"Suzy can you give us some space?" I asked Suzy gently and she nodded, gathering her homework and then she left the room. "Now my baby, why are you jealous again? It is really nothing." 

She didn't reply and I sighed. 

"Are you upset that I didn't tell you I am in a soccer team?" I asked patiently while cupping her cheeks. Then she nodded meekly but she was still not looking at me. "I am sorry okay? But I am actually out of it already since the finals. We have to focus on studies now so I am no longer in the team anymore. That's why I didn't tell you." 

She took my hands off her cheeks and held them, looking down at our clasped hands. "I don't like it when girls are so crazy over you." 

"But it was the past, darling." I said gently and I saw her looking up at me briefly at the new pet name. "I really have no interest in other girls I swear. You're the only one that I see." I kissed her forehead and she frowned. 

"Is there something that you know how to do but you haven't told me?" She asked and I tried to recall. She waited for me to think and come up with a new fact of myself. 

"Ah! I... like to sing quite a lot." I smiled and her eyes flickered with excitement. 

"Can you sing for me to hear?" She requested shyly and I bit my lip. I shouldn't sing to her now. I should sing to her on our third month when I pass her the gift. 

I shook my head and her shoulders drooped immediately. "I haven't sung quite awhile. Let me practice it first then I will sing to you soon." I patted her head and she pulled me into a tight hug. 

"I miss you so much. You don't even know how hard it was for me in the last two days without you." She rubbed her cheek against my shirt and I chuckled. I rested my chin on her shoulder and hugged her tighter, disallowing any distance between us. 

"I miss you too. How's your work?" I listened to her soft breathing before she replied me. 

"Boring. Boring boring boring." I felt her pouted lips on my neck and she added. "My boss is so mean. He knows that everyone is rushing the project but he gave us a new project just now. But I am lucky because I am not part of the new project. I pity Bogum because he is in both."

"What about Suho?" I asked carefully. She pushed herself away and eyed me playfully. "What?"

"Are you jealous?" She grinned happily and I looked away."Tell me tell me tell me." She hit my chest playfully and rapidly.

"No. Not as jealous as you were." I decided to and she jabbed my chest which made me wince in pain. "It hurts, darling!"

I saw her face turning red slowly which she tried to hide by turning around. "What's with the darling?" Her back was facing me and I wrapped my arms around her petite waist.

"Don't you like it?" I whispered in her ear and we swayed side to side. "Wait, give me a moment." I detached myself from her and fished out my phone. I ran through my playlist and stopped at the song Like I'm Gonna Lose You. I played it and she watched me as I moved back to her. I took her hands and placed them on my shoulders while I put mine one her hips. She blushed as she knew what I was up to. "Dance with me."

We swayed from right to left, left to right, back and forth to the music and she eventually wrapped her arms around my neck as she rested her head on my shoulder. Our bodies were pressed together as we moved to the beat. My hands lingered around her waist and moved up to brush her hair, she sighed when I played with her silky hair.

When the song ended, the next one came long. It was Justin Bieber's Love Yourself and she started humming to the tune as well. I listened to her sweet delicate voice humming softly to the tune while we drowned in the world of our own. I pecked her temple a few times as I couldn't resist her cuteness and sweet voice.

We didn't even notice that we had been dancing in the room for close to an hour until my stomach growled. She moved away and looked at me, her eyes a little droopy and I assumed she had her eyes closed throughout the entire long dance. "You haven't had your dinner?" She asked me, quite surprised. I nodded sheepishly and she flicked my forehead. "Why didn't you tell me!" 

"I wasn't hungry." I said and she pouted. 

"And there I was, enjoying myself while you were dying in hunger." She mumbled and I laughed at the way she blamed herself. 

"It is not your fault. So can I have my dinner now?" I smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips. 

"Of course." She said and wanted to drag me out of the room already but I pulled her back and she fell into my arms as she stumbled backward. 

"I really like what we did just now. We should do it more often." I said to her while we looked into each other's eyes. She traced my features with her gaze until it landed on my lips, I beamed a soft smile at her and she moved up to kiss me. 

"I like it too." She said shyly and patted my cheek. "Now let's feed my baby." 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, I told Irene that I would be hanging out with Taeyong and gang on the Saturday when we were at her place the previous night. As much as she was reluctant to let my friends have me, she still gave me some space to hang out with my friends. But actually I was going to work. 

"Hey Sooyeon, hey Soojung." I greeted the twins who didn't look alike and they smiled when they saw me reporting to work. "Where is Taeyong?" 

"He is at the back already." Krystal pointed to her back with her thumb. I nodded and I saw Sooyeon staring at me again. 

"Have you had your breakfast?" Sooyeon asked me and I shook my head. 

"I overslept this morning and I rushed her as soon as possible. But don't worry-" 

"Let me get you some sandwich." Sooyeon said quickly and jogged to the counter, I watched as she picked out a packet of sandwich and ran back to pass it to me. There was only a few customers there so she assured me that I could have my breakfast first. Krystal was called by the manager and it was left with the two of us. "Did you sleep very late last night?" She asked as I ate the sandwich. 

I nodded and replied, "around twelve." 

"You were doing revision?" 

I shook my head. "I was with Irene." She looked at me without saying a word so I added. "Irene is my girlfriend." I smiled at her and she blinked at me a few times before nodding. 

"Ahh i see. Soojung told me you have a girlfriend but didn't tell me her name." She smiled. "How is she like?" 

I smiled as I thought about Irene. "She is great. I couldn't ask for more." 

"I heard she is older than you by eight years." She said carefully, so that I wouldn't be offended or anything. 

"Yeah she is. But she doesn't look old." I smiled at her. 

"I am happy that you are happy." Sooyeon said and was about to say something but the manager came up to us. 

"Seulgi, I need your help at the back. You can go after you are done eating, don't worry." The manager, also called Victoria, patted my back and said. I nodded politely at her and Sooyeon waved at me before she went to prepare beverages for the customers.

My phone vibrated once and I took it out quickly, brushing the bread crumbs off my fingers. 

From: Irene :)

Good morning, DARLING. Bet you're still sleeping, have a great day today and see you tonight, okay? :)

I knew that she was teasing me with the pet name and I laughed. 

To: Irene :)

Oh darling, you're so wrong. I was up since an hour ago. And sure, see you tonight. Have dinner at my place? 

From: Irene :)

Wow you actually woke up earlier than me! :P alright. Your place.

To: Irene :)

Okay darling. Rest well today. You have been working too much.

"Seulgi! Get your in here!" Victoria nagged at me when she saw that I was texting. "Don't you dare take advantage of my kindness kid." She said when I hurried to her side. 

I bowed and apologised to her but she was actually not exactly angry, she was really kind. "I won't do it again." I said to her and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I was so tempted to check the message but I decided to leave it. 

 

 

 

 

 

_____

Guys, are you guys actually ok with the making love scene every time I write it? Because this story is not rated so I am scared that some of you aren't comfortable with it. Tell me if you are not ok! I won't add that scene next time.