Halloween Special : Ouija Board

The Everyday ghost stories

This is a filler chapter for halloween~~~

 

~~

 

Halloween is a time for celebration and superstition. Kids , Teenagers and even adults all excited preparing themselves for the most iconic celebration in western life. It was a holy day, some people believed. It's also the time to wear the weirdest and scariest costumes strolling around the town while carrying a bucket full of candies, trick-or-treat, they called it.

 

But it was also believed, as the time for all the spirits , good or bad coming to human world. We can believe it or not,ignore it or not, but halloween day has been the most sacred day for the unseen .

 

"I'm going to wear Harley Quinn's costume this year !". Sunny said in cheerful as she and her friends roaming around the Dong's VooMagic shop. The shop was even scarier than usual, knowing that halloween will be coming. Some pumpkin lamps were being decorate at some of the corner at the shop. Scary masks on the wall and there was also a fake witch figure at the front door. Every visitors will frighten but interested.

 

" Harley Quinn is not a ghost Sunny,".Sooyoung protested."She's a .."

Sunny rolled her eyes."You're so old fashioned Soo, Halloween is not always about wearing a ghost costume ! We can wear a superhero costume, super villain and even netflix series chicks !".She talked about orange is the new black.

 

"Whatever , i'll still stick to my original halloween costume !". Sooyoung insisted, choosing the costume of mummy or dracula.

 

" Not cooooll~~~".The short girl mocked."Tae baby, i think you have to wear Joker's costume~~So we can match for each other as a super villain~~".She hug Taeyeon's fore arm lovingly.

Taeyeon chuckled."Whatever you choose bunny, i'll wear it for you~~".She rubbed the shorter girl's head playfully.

Sooyoung hissed."Even if you're not wearing the costume. You already look like one.".She said sarcastically.

"Jealous !!". Taeyeon and Sunny said in sync." Go get a girlfriend Choi Sooyoung.".Sunny added as the tall girl rolling her eyes.

 

Meanwhile at the other place of the shop, Tiffany and Jessica also busy choosing costumes to buy."What do you think good for me ? Harry potter or Cleopatra ?".Tiffany asked the other girl for the nth time this day. For a girl who always aim for perfection, Tiffany didn't want to look bad at the halloween party that one of the party thrower , Amber, held.

 

Jessica sighed in exhaust, she's a kind of person who never fond of giving advice when someone go shopping. Sure , she also a girl and like shopping but she wasn't the picky type. What looks good she will take it not keep choosing what looks better."Up to you, it's all look good.".She said in bored tone.

 

"Jessi ! You keep saying that for the other costumes i showed you !". Tiffany emphasized raising her tone.

Jessica groaned." What did you expect from me ?! All the costumes look good !"

"At least choose something really good for me !"

"Arrghh..alright alright.". Jessica defeated." Harry Potter will do .."

"Mmmm..but Doesn't that look a little bit nerdy ?". Tiffany hesitated.

" Okay, Cleopatra then.."

"My mother wouldn't let me going out from home wearing something that showing off my skin too much i think.."

 

"There ! You did it again !". Jessica pointed." You keep saying the same thing about all costumes over and over again ! That's why you didn't make a choice already !"

 

Tiffany grinned."Sorry, i'm just confuse.."

Jessica sighed."How about this , you didn't have to wear a costume. Wear your usual clothes because you look scary already hahahaha..".She mocked.

 

"That's not funny !"

"Hahahha..see ? You look even scarier than before when you're mad ! Hahaha"

"That's not funny Jessi !"

 

 

Meanwhile , Yuri and Yoona also checking the costumes one by one. The doe eyed girl got interested to the most iconic Christina Ricci character in The Addams Family, Wednesday Addams. It was just a vintage school girl  uniform in black color, like in 1920's era. It's so simple yet the halloween vibe is obvious.

 

"Ow..You like Wednesday Addams ?". Yuri asked with smile coming from behind.

" Yep, It's so simple yet elegant..".Yoona commented.

"Have you been in a halloween party before ?". Yuri asked as she lift Yoona's costumes while commenting in her head, yes it'll look good in Yoona. 

 

" Actually this is my first time..".Yoona answered in nervous tone."I never been in a halloween party or any usual party. So, i kind of a little bit nervous. I'm afraid to make a fool of my self in front of people..".She pouted. How cute Yuri thought.

 

"Don't worry, it just like a usual people gathering in one place. The difference is we wear costume. And i promise , i will always stay beside you. If you permit me of course.."

Yoona chuckled."Well , i need a guide though. So that's no problem..".Her remarks earning a smile from Yuri."How about you ? Have you choose something to wear ?"

 

Yuri nodded."I will wear , ghost rider costume maybe. You know with leather jacket and jeans. But the difference is , this ghost rider ride a scooter not a harley..".She joked.

Yoona snickered."Yeah, that'll look awesome..". They continued to walk around the shop, checking another things.

 

"So tell me more about halloween..". Yuri suddenly said make Yoona lift her own brows in confuse." I mean is it true that, all the spirits coming from the other world to the real world ?".She asked.

 

Yoona smiled."Well, some people believed that, some people thought it just a folk story. But i have felt that, halloween always have it's own particular power than any other days.."

 

"So , you're saying it is true that the spirits of someone who already die haunting the world at halloween ?". Yuri asked getting interested.

Yoona chuckled." No, i'm just saying that halloween always have it's own unique vibe. You know like christmas ,people so happy getting giving presents to each other or at Valentine day where all people seems in love and full affection. That the same thing with halloween, people maybe being scared by this day, and belief the spirits coming to the world.  To be honest, i also always felt something different from the aura of this halloween day, but i think it's not something to do whether there's the existence of spirits or not but i think like Professor Na said, it's something to do with people energy, when people gathered in one place sharing their energies, magic do happen.".She explained.

 

Yuri frowned."Hmm but it still didn't answer my question about whether the spirit really departed or not in halloween day..".

"Ehhh..Actually..". Yoona looked at the far corner side behind Yuri's back." There's one behind you..".It was the spirit of a grandma wearing hanbok all white and her skin was so pale.

 

Yuri's hair at her nape slowly out after hearing it."You, aha..you're kidding right ?".She took a glance at her back and saw nothing "You just want to scare me right ?"

"I never joke about ghost Yuri, it's something forbidden for most cultures. They are so sensitive..". Yoona told.

Yuri grinned awkwardly." Alright, i believe you. Let's just go away from here..".She pushed Yoona's shoulder to take her out from this place. Yoona chuckled then took a last glance at the corner, the grandma still there , expressionless but mumbling something Yoona can't understand.

'Absolution'

 

~~~

 

Taking a last look at her braid, Yoona sure enough she's the Asian Version of Wednesday Addams. She didn't have to wear make up , since her pale skin was similar enough with the character's. "Aww..your clothes remind me of my school time.". Hanneli the ghost commented at the back , sitting but floating on Yoona's bed.

" Really ?".Yoona turned."Sorry..".She felt bad for digging the ghost's past. Something that Hanneli always remember never finish.

 

"It's ok, You look good in that.". The ghost commented cheerfully."

"Thanks ..". Yoona smiled at the ghost." So , tell me how your halloween day back then..".She asked while still staring at her self in the mirror.

 

"Well..". Hanneli tap her chin trying to collect her memories of the past life." It's quite the same with now, but we spend it with asking candies around thr neighbourhood while wearing dracula or other scary clothes. The difference was, we party too but without loud music and our activity just consisting of game and talk..".The old time life sure so elegant, Yoona thought.

"Game and talk ?"

"Uhum..". Hanneli nodded." I still remember i'm wearing a white spirit costume that time. Me and my friends, Betty Longbottom, Margot Hoffman and Mary Elizabeth Tchevsky decided to play 'Look at your future husband ' game..".If she still have blood , her cheeks must be blushing right now.

 

"Look at your future husband ? Game ?"

Hanneli giggled."Uhum..So the game was like , we lit a candle in a dark room in front of mirror. Then if we lucky the face of our future husband will be seen at the mirror.."

 

Yoona chuckled."Have you seen how's your future husband look a like ?"

The air become heavy."Of course not..".Hanneli said lowly. Yoona then realized Hanneli was died in a young age. So , she never married or seeing a man in her past life.

 

"I'm sorry.."

"It's ok, i'm not alone though. Mary also can't see her future husband face. Because a year later, she's taken away to the concentration camp and maybe died in a gas room.".Holocaust, the most horrible thing in the history of humanity. She can't and doesn't want to imagine if something like that happen again. Well, in some countries it still happen though. With the bom and war, this world still full of hatred . If someone think that war is a matter of survive, for Yoona it's a matter of destroying each other.

 

~~

 

" Where are you going ?".Yoona's father asked when he saw his daughter step down the stair. He looked at Yoona up and down while smirking."You look like a school girl in 20's or something..".He commented.

 

"I'm going to halloween party dad..". Yoona blushed , looking down at her skirt .

" Wow.., Halloween Party. That's great !. You know, me and your mother ever had a halloween party together back then. She wore Hanako costume , so gorgeous but scary too..".

 

"I can imagine it ..". Yoona smiled while thinking about her mother. If she's here, she must be the one who got busy to prepare . Their muse were interrupted by the knock on the door." That must be Yuri..".The two of them made an arrangement of going together to the party. However when Yoona opened the door, it's not the tanned girl. It was five cute little girls on the porch, wearing cute costumes, Yoona's favourite was the one with pumpkin, the girl named Yerim or something.

 

"Trick or treat unnie !!". The little girls said in sync extending their baskets.

Yoona chuckled." Wait a minute..".She goes behind the door only to take some candies for the girls."Here for you Seulgi.."

"Thank you !"

"Wendy this for you.."

"Ahaha thanks !"

"Sooyoung~~"

"Joy !!"

"Oops, sorry i mean joy..and this is for Irene.."

"Thanky.."

"And last but not least, for the cute little Yerim the pumpkin !"

 

"Thank you unniwwww"

 

"You can eat the sweets, but don't forget to brush your teeth before you sleep tonight . Remember ?". Yoona told the childrens.

" Okay !".They gave a dorky salute in the same time, before walking away to hunt for another candies. Yoona shook her head while smiling, oblivious with someone michivous smirk from the far.

 

"Yoona unnie really good with childrens i think..". Yuri came in her ghost rider clothes , looking so handsome and cool . Something that Yoona complimented internally.

Yoona chuckled." They are my neighbours, and not really annoying like other kids. They just so sweet.."

"Trick-or-treat then..". Yuri raise her palm, imitating the kids earlier.

" Aww, i think i still have one here..".Yoona pulled out a chocolate candy from her pocket."Here.."

"Thanks..". Yuri grinned playfully." So are you ready for party ?".She asked looking up and down. So gorgeous and mysterious indeed the girl in front of her.

 

"More than ready..". Yoona exclaimed popping her head to the door for awhile." Dad i'm going !".There was a faint humm from the man.

"Should i ask your father permission first ?". Yuri asked in concern.

 

" Nahh..it's ok. He will delay our time asking things here and there..".Yoona couldn't wait for the party actually."Come on!".She linked arms with Yuri heading for the bike. Soon they ride to the party together.

 

~~~

 

Loud music, cheers , crazy dancers and fictional characters were all gathered at Amber's place. The nervous come again creeping Yoona's gut, so many people , so many energies, she never used of this kind of situation. "Hi Am..Thanks for inviting us !". Yuri greeted the host , hugging the mummy wearing tomboy girl.

 

" No problem ! Hi Yoona wow you look gorgeous..".The girl commented earning a mild blush on Yoona's cheeks.

"Thanks Amber ..". Yuri have to hold herself from feeling jealous. Amber is a flirt, she have to used with that.

 

" Well enjoy the partayyyyy !"

 

The two of them walk further into the house, Yoona almost deaf by the music. She also have to close her eyes when she saw an explicit scene of teenagers grinding at each other. But they're look familiar .

 

"Sunny ! Taeyeon ! Get a room you two !". Yuri said in disgusted. Of course, the two short girls who's wearing Joker and Harley Quinn's clothes were them.

 

" Bummer !".Taeyeon snapped taking away her hands from Sunny's bottom. "Like you never did it before "

"Never !". Yuri emphasized.

" Really ?".Taeyeon smirked then turn her attention at Yoona."You have to teach her Yoong..". Another blush formed on her cheeks, how she taught Yuri, if she herself never done it before. Though, the idea of having it with Yuri seems tempting. Yoona immediately shook her head , throwing out the inappropriate visions.

 

"Are you imagining it Yoona ?". Sunny asked smirking.

" O-of course not !".From Yoona's tone, it's obvious she's lying.

Yuri groaned."You two stop corrupting her mind !".She took Yoona's hands to hers."Come on Yoona , let's just go from this two ert girls..".She glared only to receive a mocking tongue from her friends.

 

"I never saw you in my school before..". Jessica have to rolled her eyes for the nth time since she stepped her feet at this party. There was a drunk girl who always come up to her and flirt." Mind to tell me your name ~~".She kept ignoring the girl, Jessica start to regret for coming here. 

If only Tiffany didn't force her , she wouldn't go. And now where the hell that eye-smile chick going ?!. She cursed internally. "Come on , tell me your name~~~"

 

Jessica sighed."Listen girl, i'm obviously older than you. So , you better find someone in your age.."

"So what ? I like older girl now~~. It sounded so hottt , and you look so hot ~~". The drunk girl tried her best to seduce Jessica by whispering on her ears. However, Jessica even more annoy by that.

 

Tiffany watched this scene from the far, it amuse her but also somehow it makes her feel jealous a bit. She approached the two , taking away Jessica in process." Sorry to interrupt Min, but she's with me ".The Min girl hissed but walk away in the end." I left you for awhile , and you attract some chicks already ?"

 

Jessica smirked playfully."I'm just too irresistible..".Tiffany rolled her eyes."Are you jealous ?" 

"Of course not !". Tiffany said in annoy." I mean, you come with me. If you hook up with a girl then i want to go home, it will be troublesome !".Jessica shrugged , but liking the fact that Tiffany felt jealous when she was with another girl and also, Tiffany's hands were also on hers. She likes Tiffany's skin better than her own, without unconsciously she squeeze it lightly make Tiffany realized her action. "Sorry..". The eye-smile girl took away her hands awkwardly, also liking the skin skip though. Jessica sighed, start to regret  why she couldn't control her impulse. The two of them then decided to join the others.

 

" Guys ~~".Sooyoung suddenly come while whispering."Come with me , i found something good !".She asked her friends to follow her to , what looked like a reading room. They stare at each other but eventually following the tall girl.

"Hi guys !". They were welcomed by Hyoyeon, who already sat at the room.

" Hi Hyo ! You come !".Yuri greeted her and hug her briefly.

"Yeah, Sooyoung asked me. She said she needs someone for company, since she's the one without couple..". Hyoyeon shook her head in amuse.

" Hey hey, we're not talking about that right now !".Sooyoung said.

"Why you're taking us here then ?". Taeyeon asked in annoyed, her smexy time with Sunny was interrupted by this.

" I want to show you this..".Sooyoung walked behind the book shelf and took something from it . "Tada !". She showed them a wood board which have the marked of letters and numbers on it at thr middle. There was also Yes and No marked on the top corner , moon, sun and star and a 'Good bye' at the bottom.

 

" Wow ! Where did you find it Soo..".Sunny the one who shared the same hobby with the tall girl said excitedly.

"What's that ?". Tiffany asked scrutinizing the weird board.

" This is Ouija Board..".Sooyoung explained."Some people said, we can communicate with spirits by it..".All the people rolled their eyes. They should know that something like this might come up from Sooyoung, Yoona shook her head chuckling.

 

"You make me lose my precious party just for this !". Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief.

" Oh come one guys, let's play it !.  What is halloween for ? If it's not for a ghostly thing ?!". They stare at each othrr , suddenly communicate like an identical twin.

 

"Okay, let's play it Choi Sooyoung. I kind of a little bit bored with the usual party though..". Yuri sighed , taking a seat on the cold marble floor. Which make Sooyoung and Sunny grinned. Soon the others following except Tiffany.

 

" This is still ridiculous guys !".The eye-smile girl thought.

"Are you afraid ?". The cat girl smirked earning a glare from the latter.

" Am not !".Tiffany soon joined the others on the floor."Bring it Choi Sooyoung !".She pointed.

"Alright !".With a wide smile Sooyoung put the board in the middle."This is how it works..". She took a heart -shaped wood and put it on the board." This is called Planchette..we only need to put our fingers on it, while closing our eyes for a minute. Then ask a question, if the spirit come . Our fingers will move by it's own to each marks..".She explained.

 

"How if we know if it's not our own moves ?". Taeyeon asked sceptically.

Sooyoung smirked freakily." We never know, at least we try..".Soon all the girls having their fingers on the planchette."Close our eyes, clear our mind..".Sooyoung instructed, soon all of them do. After a minute they opened their eyes again."Uhumm..".The tall girl cleared a little bit nervous."Are, are you here ?".Sooyoung asked to the thin air. They all wait in silent, ......,...the wait is too long indeed.

 

Tiffany clicked her tongue."Like i said , this is bull,-".She didn't even finish her words when the planchette moving by it's own."Tell me this is not one of your prank..".She gulped feeling afraid. No one respond, since they also stunned by this weird scene. 

The planchette keep moving then stop onto a 'Yes' Marked. Sunny flinched when she got a nudge on the ribs, receiving an instruction to be the next who ask the question."What's your name ?".Magically the planchette move again to the letters side.

"A-n-n-e...Anne ?". The girls look at each other." So you must be a girl ?".Taeyeon asked. The planchette turn into 'Yes' once more. Following by the sudden creep on their napes.

 

"How old are you ?" It was Jessica's turn. The piece of wood , turn to the numbers section. First to the 2 and then 3. "23 ?". The planchette turn into a 'Yes' once more.

 

"How did you die ?". Yuri's turn to ask. Soon the planchette moving, their eyes following the letters one by one.

" D-E-M-O-N". They're widen their eyes after riddling the answer. "You died by the demon ?". The heart wood turn into 'No' which make them confuse. Soon it's move again to the letters, forming a sentence. 

'I-f-o-l-l-o-w-t-h-e-d-e-m-o-n'

" I follow the demon..".Yoona mumbled the answer. "Why ?". She asked.

'I-m-a-f-r-a-i-d' i'm afraid.

 

" You're afraid ? Of whom ?".Yoona asked again. 

'H-i-m'

The sweat coming from their forehead though the temperature of the room were quite chill."Anything you want to tell us ?".Hyoyeon asked. The planchette screeching rather faster than before.

'B-e-g-f-o-r-a-b-s-o-l-u-t-i-o-n'. Beg for absolution.

'I-m-a-f-r-a-i-d' i'm afraid. The planchette then turn suddenly to the bottom side of the mark. 'Good bye'.

 

After that the girls stare at each other , fear were clearly visible on their faces. "Ahaha..". Tiffany chuckled awkwardly trying to ease the tension." Well, that was amazing..". The girls still silent until.....

 

 

 

"Gahhhhhhhhhh !!". They all screamed in panic when the room shaking by it's own, the window with white curtain opened abruptly following by the heavy wind. All of them turn to hug onto each other feeling frightened and shock. " Oh my gosh , What's that ?!".Tiffany screamed hugging onto Jessica tightly.

 

Soon the earthquake stopped, once again the room turn into quiet only the breathing of the girls can be heard. "Wh-wha-what was that ?". Yuri asked still stunned, no one respond cause they also don't know what.

 

*Crack*

" Ackkkkkkkkk !!".They all screamed again when the door cracked open. They turned and soon saw a confuse looking Amber. "What was that scream for ? This is me Amber !". The tomboy girl frowned looking at weird to the eight girls in front of her.

Sooyoung marched onto her, then pinch Amber's cheeks rapidly till make the owner yelp in pain." Ahh..You are Amber..".Sooyoung said in relief.
"Of course this is me Amber, What are you all doing in here ?". Then the ouija board caught her attention. " Oh this is my late grandma's board ".She lifted it with chuckle " She bought it from Germany..".She then throw that away."Come on guys, the party still going..".she told the other girls to goes back at the party.
 
They nodded , leaving the room forgetting about the horrible scene. Except Yoona, she turned around once more to stare at the board laying on the floor."Come on..".She felt Yuri's hand on her shoulder then look at her beautiful face directly."Let's go back to the halloween party..".She smiled receiving a smile too. Soon the reading room become empty once more.
 
 
Screeeeeeechhhhhhhhhhh
The planchette of the ouija board suddenly move by it's own , forming a sentence on the letter marks.
 
H-a-p-p-y H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n
 
Screechhhhh
 
F-r-o-m A-n-n-e
 
 
 
 
'Good bye'