What now?

T A K E N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mean walks quickly followed by Tavee with a few belongings in a plastic bag. This morning she comes without permission to Flat that Kim rent with his wife. She even doesn’t feel like making a mistakes because Pie was say that Mean can come anytime and she noted that Kim doesn’t agree if she come at night, so she comes at morning.

 

She stand in front of the three-floor building, the location of which Kim select is very quiet, very rarely seen people passing by on the street at that time.

 

"Mom, I think we’d better go home!" Tavee complaining.

 

"Why? DO you want to keep doing this? You used to face it because someday you will often meet Kim. Kim will never quit from his job and you also still must be a desaigner, right? If you keep trying to avoid this, your heart will not heal!"

 

Mean’s words this time is strong enough. She won’t do all of this if not because Tavee who always sad. Tavee should be heartened by Kim's wedding, to be able to receive Pie as a friend and to be able to meet with Kim without feeling anything.

 

Since Kim's wedding day, Tavee more often moody and repeatedly caught crying. She was able to hide it from Mario but not from Mean. Mean useless to call her as a mother if she can’t understand her daughter’s feelings.

 

Mean and Kim had also been like this, but Mean always tried not to involve her resentment every time they met with Kim although at first she was always out the words that hurt Kim. However their togetherness which means for ten years shouldn’t be destroyed simply because the problem that isn’t comparable at all, and she succeeded. So if Tavee is daughter from Mean Appitha, she also must be able to do the same.

 

Mean deftly climbed to the third floor and knocked on the door of the Flat for some time. She doesn’t have to wait long for Kim opened the door with a ruffled, seems like just woken up. With a look annoyed, he looks Mean which give him the best smile this morning.

 

"Don’t smile like that!!" Said Kim. "Why you come so early?"

 

"You said I shouldn’t come at night! Where’s Pie?" Mean passing through. Something that has become her bad habit. She pulls Tavee’s hand to explore the simple Flat and should be sorry cause she had to do it. From the wide of door that open she look Pie ​​is sleeping bace facing them. A red silk blanket just wrapping up her hips and showing off her back, knees too thigh, Mean looks at her daughter for a moment.

 

Kim passed them and come into his room and waking up his wife with a gentle touch. He is whispering to Pie, but Mean can hear that Kim calls Pie honey. Pie moving on her body and shows the upper body that not covered up by the blanket. As reflects Kim covering her s with hands, eyes Pie trying to open as wide as possible and asked what hapend?, said that she still tired, and so on.

 

Tavee grasping Mean’s arm tightly. Mean know if Tavee want to get out and cry as much, but it shouldn’t be. She must be able to withstand all the pain regardless of its form, with often see them, Tavee will be used to face it.

 

"Mean is coming."  Said Kim. Then whispered something in a tone that is more low.

 

Mean absolutely can’t hear anything. But the next is Pie immediately turned towards her and tried to ward off Kim's hand that touch her. She covered his entire body with a blanket and tried to sit up, still on her bed.

 

"Gosh, I can’t believe you come in this morning. I think you’ll come the day before yesterday so I'm waiting for you all on that day."

 

Mean tried to smile. "I just had time to visit with you today, I also brought a croissant. Tavee, you put the ingredients in the kitchen, okay?" She said to her daughter then looked back at Pie again. "Can I go to the kitchen too, it's okay, right?"

 

"Yes, please!" Pie answer

 

Mean clumsy attempt to hide feelings. She follows her daughter to kitchen and see Tavee leaning into the refrigerator. She is been almost in tears, but she trying to arrest it. Tavee very whiny and now is the moment where she looks very strong.

 

"Can you still hold on?" Asked Mean soft.

 

"I don’t know, Mom. But I'll try to get used to."

 

Good, Because Tavee not sob this time. Mean will continue everything, she has tried to make Tavee be like her and it won’t complete if Tavee still trying to hide the sad feelings. Mean never cover upl anything that makes she looks fool and Tavee must be like her. So then she will become stronger. Overcoming the feeling is beginning to be able to deal with things larger.

 

"I never thought that you’ll come so early!" Pie's voice sounded loudly, she then come out of her room and now wearing a home-cotton long print blouse to the knees. Her hair had tied neatly and she is wearing glasses as usual Mean see.

 

Pie approach them and smiles at all. Not long after that, Kim follows and immediately come into bathroom without saying anything.

 

Mean not comment anything, she asks Tavee take something in the car so that she will free to manage her feelings. After Tavee out, Mean re-issued all of the goods they carry from the plastic bag. "I think, I have to help prepare breakfast!" Said Means. She approached Pie who seems making something. "You made coffee?"

 

"You want? Kim always drink coffee every morning!"

 

"Sure, your homemade coffee would be nice." Mean and smiles.

 

"Is Tavee also want some coffee?"

 

"You don’t have make a copy for my daughter, cause she's on a diet! She must stay away from caffeine."

 

Pie make two cups of coffee. It seems that she herself doesn’t drink coffee.

 After put coffee on the table she returned to kitchen and prepare a lot of things. "What we have to cook now?"

 

"Can you make oatmeal? I brought all the ingredients. You also eat oatmeal, right?"

 

"I eat anything!" Pie replied giving her a smile. "But Kim always ask me to cook omlet for him every morning."

 

"Is it okay if he not eat omlet for breakfast?"

 

Pie nodded, how come she make a differentiation about breakfast between her husband and her guests. Pie accept all the ingredients that Mean bring  and start making oatmeal assisted by Mean.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter