Something's off.

Phantom of the fangs.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I looked at him still standing in the doorway. It felt like I had seen him before but I couldn't remember how, what, when and where. He lied under the blanket and I saw the little cuts and bruises on his face. He must be older than I am I thought as I saw that both of his feet stuck out on the end of the bed.

All of the sudden his eyes opened and looked straight at me with is green eyes. I flinched and stood there like a vulnerable deer that just got shot. It felt like I couldn't breath and it either didn't help that he sat up straight without taking his eyes off me. A weird feeling of fear clamped my stomach together and at that moment someone touched me.

"AAAH!" I screamed while I turned around and looked at father. "Shhh" he said as he put his finger in front of his lips. "He is sleeping". hearing those words I turned around and saw him sleeping. I couldn't bother anymore and walked out without saying a word.
The day ended still with loads of rain but no more thunder. I helped Nina the rest of the day out with cleaning out the stables, brushing the horses, giving them fresh hay and straw.

"Girls are you coming to eat with us?" I heard father asking us after several hours. We looked at each other at hearing the word "us" and went inside to see her father sitting besides the boy. I washed my hands while Nina took place facing her father. Awkwardly I sat to the opposite of the boy and only stared at my plate.

He was weird, the aura around him was scary and not even to mention what happened a few hours ago. I felt him looking at me but I didn't dare to look up. I felt relieved that Nina scooped up my plate so I could still fix my eyes at the table. They don't seem too notice my stiff posture and began to eat as fast as I could.

"What is your name?" Nina asked curiously as she started to fill with veggies. The question was so sudden that I looked up and he caught my eyes immediately. I sighed and looked down again, in anticipation because I also was interested in his name. I felt goosebumps al over my body when the silence got broken by her father saying
"he isn't ready yet to speak Nina, lets just eat". She nodded and continued eating. Her father scooped the plate of the boy full but he didn't touch it at all.
"I am finished, is it okay for me to shower already?" I asked in permission. Nina's father nodded and smiled. I picked up my plate without taking my eyes off it and put it all in the sink. 

Nina's father was a bit traditional. It sometimes seemed he was from the stone age with his words and rules. I came into my little room in a towel and took out my pajama and put it on. I looked out the window and saw the stars blinking behind the dark clouds. The moon was on the other side of the house but it was probably full moon because it was not that gloomy outside. I stepped back and went to bed, tomorrow different day same story.

"DAD?!!"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter