Afraid

Yin and Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a fine Friday morning, sun had started to go up. Jin sat with his parents, quietly munching on their breakfast.

“Oh right Seokjin,” Jin lifts his head and looks up at his mom. “I met your friend around 3 days ago I’m not mistaken, someone with grey-ish hair..”

Jin choked on his food and hands quickly reaching for a glass of water. “Wh-where.. did you meet him?”

“In front of our house.. he said that you’re feeling unwell so he accompanied you to go home”

“Ohh” Jin nodded, unconsciously letting out a relieved sigh.

“Are you close with him? We should invite him to have a dinner here”

“N-no.. he is- he’s just a classmate, the class president, that was why he accompanied me” Jin said before gulping the vanilla milk one shot and took his backpack. “I’m done, mom, dad, I will just get going now”

“Sure, midterm is coming near so don’t mess around, okay?” Jin just nodded at his mom and bowed before finally walking away.

When he finally reached the bus stop, he took his phone out and sent Namjun a message, saying that he couldn’t go to school together today. He put his phone back into his pocket and look out of the window.

“I feel really bad for lying at her and feeling worst introducing Namjun as my classmate” Jin thought.

Jin could not focus on the lesson at all. He didn’t want to see Namjun today, but it was impossible. When the bell of lunch break finally rang, Jin folded his arms on the table and put his head on it. It hadn’t even 2 minutes until someone poked his shoulder, Jin looked up at his friend and saw her motioning to the door. Jin turned his head only to find Namjun standing near the door, probably waiting for him so he dragged his feet to approach the latter.

They went to the cafeteria and sat at their usual table after getting their meal. Namjun immediately starts eating meanwhile Jin hadn’t touch his. He used his chopsticks to take the egg roll and put it on Namjun’s plate because he knew Namjun likes it so much.

“Thanks,” the other said before realizing that Jin was playing with his spoon, stirring the soup without any sign to eat it. “Still on diet?”

Jin shook his head. “I ate so much breakfast earlier so I’m still a bit full”

“Then eat the soup at least, just in case you get hungry in the next class,” Jin hummed “I will accompany you to eat after school”

“My mom’s home, she told me to eat at home” Jin bit his tongue when Namjun gave him a look.

“Well.. okay then. Why didn’t you reply my text this morning?”

“You did text me?” Jin took his phone out and yes, there were 2 messages from Namjun. “Sorry, I didn’t check it at all” Namjun nodded.

Later that night, Jin laid on his back looking up at the ceiling while hugging his favourite Piglet cushion which given by a secret admirer around 2 years ago. His heads keep on thinking about Namjun and his mom has actually met, accidentally. He also felt worse about saying Namjun just as a classmate. But it doesn’t mean he has other choice though. Of course he wanted to say that Namjun was actually his boyfriend whom he love so much but then he will get kicked out of the house as well for sure and that was not what he wanted to happen.

Mrs. Kim, was always the one who keep controling Jin’s life. Wether about his looks, grades, and friends is the worst. Jin like to communicate with everyone, but his mom forbid him to befriend with those who aren’t in the same level and instead told him to play with the children from her colleagues.

And Namjun wasn’t a child who came from that kind of family. What would his mom think if she know that Namjun’s parents actually divorced, that Namjun like to join motorcycle racing late at night, and has a bad name at school. Jin messed his hair up when he realized that he and Namjun went to the same school. He shook his head to shoo the scary scenarios away. His phone suddenly buzzed on the side table so get up to reach it.

“Hello?”

“What is my lovely hyung doing right now?”

Jin chuckled, this kid’s voice succeded making him smile for the first time today, he wiped the tears that he didn’t know since when it flow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter