Song Covers & Telepathy

We Got Married - Golden Maknae Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold – MC Speaking

Italics – Personal Interview in the Black Room

MC 1: We are back with a new episode with our “Golden Maknae Couple”.

MC 2: Last week our “Golden Maknae Couple” went on their first after school date.

MC 3: They are becoming quite popular lately.

MC 1: Let’s see what our “Golden Maknae Couple” will do in this episode.

The video played to show Aeri inside a practice room with her fellow Fairies member, Seomin. Aeri was sitting at the piano while Seomin was holding a guitar and a staff member was filming them with a camera. Aeri started off by playing the piano while singing along to fellow label mate, GOT7’s brand new song, “If You Do”. Seomin’s guitar playing harmonised with Aeri's piano playing before she started singing the next part of the lyrics while Aeri continued playing the piano. The two sang a short portion of the song before they reviewed their performance.

“Unnie, how was it?” Asked Seomin.

“Very nice, I’m sure that the GOT7 members will be proud of you two.” Responded the staff member who had been filming them.

Seomin and Aeri watched the video again before they nodded in satisfaction. Seomin and Aeri borrowed a laptop from one of the staff members to post their video online.

“Who started this chain of covers anyway?” Asked Seomin.

“I think it was Ah Yeon unnie. All of the DAY6 oppas covered it too, Jiminnie did too.” Said Aeri.

“The TWICE dongsaengs did a pretty hilarious dance cover too. Bernard Park oppa did a cover too.” Said Seomin.

“YoungK oppa tagged the two of us.” Said Aeri.

“I’ll tag Mirae, she’s been practicing the rap part shortly after the song was released.” Said Seomin.

“I’ll tag Kyu Yeon unnie, I want to see her dance cover.” Said Aeri.

MC 2: JYP Family is so sweet.

MC 3: Their cover is pretty good too.

Seomin and Aeri posted the video on their respective Instagram accounts and Fairies’s official Youtube channel, and they also tagged their respective members. Seomin returned the laptop to the staff member while Aeri took her seat at the piano again. Aeri started playing a song which Seomin initially couldn’t recognise. But Seomin and the rest of the staff including the We Got Married staff soon realised that she was playing "Converse High" by BTS.

“When did you learn to play that song, Aeri-ah?” Asked Seomin, when Aeri stopped playing.

Aeri blushed slightly, “A while ago, I’ve been practicing the song for a while now.”

“Come to think of it, you have been practicing this song even before you got married. I thought that you learned it because of your husband.” Said Seomin, while tapping her chin.

“Are you going to play it at our upcoming fan meeting?” Asked Seomin.

“I’m not sure yet.” Said Aeri.

MC 1: Aeri-shi’s cover is nice as well.

MC 2: I’m sure Jungkook-shi will be very proud.

MC 3: Are the couple even going to meet in this episode?

MC 1: Now that you mention it, it doesn’t seem that they are going to meet in this episode.

MC 2: Maybe it’s an episode where they are on the same wavelength.

MC 3: You mean where they cover each other’s songs?

MC 1: That’s possible too. It’s pretty cute, if you think about it that way.

“I can film you while you are playing, if you like.” Said Seomin.

“Thanks, unnie.” Said Aeri, while nodding slightly.

Seomin held the camera and stood a distance from Aeri so that the music from the piano could still be heard clearly while Aeri set up a voice recorder to record the music which she could later sync with the video for better quality. Aeri took a deep breath and nodded at Seomin before Seomin started the camera and Aeri mentally counted to three before she started playing.

“That was wonderful, I’m sure that your husband will enjoy it.” Said Seomin, while Aeri reviewed her piano performance.

Aeri continued listening to her work while Seomin glanced at the clock.

“Aeri, I have to go for my schedule now. I’ll see you back at the dorm later.” Said Seomin.

“Bye unnie! See you later!” Said Aeri.

Seomin and Aeri shared a hug before the former left the room. Aeri used her personal laptop to sync the video with the audio for better quality. Aeri has been uploading piano covers of songs onto Fairies’ official Youtube channel ever since her debut. Aeri gave a small and satisfied smile at the video before she let the group’s manager check and approve the video before it was uploaded onto Fairies’ official Youtube channel. Aeri kept away her laptop and continued practicing on the piano for their upcoming fan meeting.

Meanwhile with BTS…

BTS were having their dance practice for their upcoming album but they were currently having a ten minute break. Jungkook, V and Jin were drinking their water, J-Hope and Rap Monster were talking and Suga was taking a quick nap while Jimin was on the iPad checking their official twitter.

“Jungkook, you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter