Christmas Covers

We Got Married - Golden Maknae Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Italics – Thoughts

Bold – MC Talking

Bold + Italic – Description of an Action

MC 1: Welcome back to another episode with our Golden Maknae Couple.

MC 2: Last week, our Golden Maknae couple met on a music show.

MC 1: And they had a meal with the other BTS members as well.

MC 3: And our Golden Maknae couple also recently released two Christmas cover songs on their respective companies’ respective YouTube channels, just two days ago.

MC 2: They have really nice voices.

MC 3: I wonder what our Golden Maknae couple has in store for us this week.

The video played to show Jungkook and Aeri at home in the living room on their phones, while sharing headphones.

“What about this song?” Asked Jungkook.

Aeri nodded, “This is a good song.”

“Christmas is just around the corner, time sure flies.” Sighed Aeri.

“It’s going to be two months since we got married in two more weeks. And your birthday is coming up soon too.” Commented Jungkook.

“I’m free tomorrow morning, perhaps we can talk to one of the hyungs about our cover songs.” Spoke Jungkook.

“Let’s go to Bighit, I’ve been to JYP Entertainment before but you haven’t been to Bighit before.” Pointed out Jungkook.

“But your hyungs will be there, they would tease us to no end.” Flushed Aeri, shyly.

“T-They’ll leave us alone while we’re working and we have to discuss and practice for our couple performance for MBC’s Gayo Daejun.” Said Jungkook, with a slight flush.

“Let’s get writing!” Said Jungkook.

“Let me prepare some cookies and hot chocolate first,” Giggled Aeri.

“Sounds delicious. I’ll get some paper and pens.” Said Jungkook, with a grin.

Jungkook got up and headed to one of the cupboards outside the kitchen to grab several notebooks and pens while Aeri headed into the kitchen. Jungkook brought the materials over to the couch and he laid them out on the coffee table before taking a seat on the floor, on a thick cushion. And it wasn’t long before Aeri emerged from the kitchen with a tray. There were two mugs of hot chocolate, a teapot of steaming hot chocolate and a plate of chocolate chip cookies which were a gift from Jungkook’s parents. Jungkook lengthened the coffee table and Aeri set the tray down, before taking a seat next to Jungkook.

“Your mother’s cookies are delicious, say thank you to her for me.” Said Aeri.

“M-My mother adores you, she has been wanting to meet you for a while now.” Spoke Jungkook, shyly.

“W-We should find a day to meet your family.” Said Aeri, shyly.

“Yours too.” Added Jungkook.

Aeri nodded and she picked up a pen while Jungkook played some Christmas songs on his Bluetooth speaker. The couple spent the next few hours writing lyrics before Jungkook’s stomach growled. Jungkook hid his face in embarrassment while Aeri giggled.

“Let’s call for delivery, Jin hyung introduced me to this really nice pizza place and there is a branch near here. He gave me a promotional coupon for a home delivery too.” Said Jungkook.

“Pizza sounds good.” Nodded Aeri.

Any toppings?” Asked Jungkook.

“Mushrooms and extra cheese.” Grinned Aeri.

“Ham for me then.” Grinned Jungkook.

“We have sides of garlic bread, fries, onion rings, and chicken wings and coke too.” Added Jungkook.

Jungkook stepped away to make the call while Aeri took a bite of one of Jungkook’s mother’s chocolate cookies and a sip of her hot chocolate.

MC 3: Oh, I think I know which pizza place Jungkook-shi is talking about. My nephew really likes a certain pizza place’s pizzas and I think that’s the one that Jungkook-shi is talking about. And they are very generous with their serving portions too. It’s definitely a good deal of food and money well spent.

MC 3: This pizza place sounds delicious though.

MC 2: We should order some pizza from there some time.

MC 3: I don’t know about you, but Aeri-shi seems a little like an old grandfather sipping coffee and having rice cakes while she was having her cookie and hot chocolate.

MC 1: She did seem a little like that earlier.

MC 2: But I guess that’s the charm of this couple, at times they are really young and fresh but at times they seem kind of old fashioned.

“I’ve made the order. Our pizza will come in about twenty minutes.” Said Jungkook.

“Is the studio free tomorrow? We can’t record if the recording studio is occupied.” Said Aeri, while nodding at Jungkook’s previous statement.

“I’ll ask Suga hyung, he knows when the studios are free.” Nodded Jungkook, taking out his phone.

The couple continued working on their cover songs as they waited for their pizza to arrive. And it wasn’t before long that their pizza arrived which was signaled by the doorbell ringing. Both Jungkook and Aeri got up and headed to the front door. Jungkook paid the pizza man and gave him the coupon while Aeri carried the pizza box and the sides while Jungkook carried a bottle of coke underneath his arm.

MC 3: Woah, that’s a lot of food for two people.

MC 1: But they are still growing kids, they need to eat well.

MC 2: I’m sure that they can finish it.

The couple headed over to the dining table to have their dinner. And Jungkook played some Christmas songs on the Bluetooth speaker.

“Suga hyung says that there is a free studio tomorrow and the hyungs will be at the company before heading to the broadcast. Suga hyung also offered to overlook the recording of our song.” Said Jungkook.

“That’s great, Suga oppa always produces great songs.” Smiled Aeri.

The couple went to wash their hands before starting on their dinner. Jungkook pulled out a slice of pizza from the entire pizza and he let Aeri have the first bite.

MC 3: They never seem to stop do they?

MC 1: But it’s sweet to see them like this.

MC 2: It is, they just have an undeniable chemistry together.

“It’s delicious right?” Asked Jungkook.

Aeri’s eyes widened and she nodded, “How did you find out about this pizza place?”

“Jin hyung found out about this pizza place a few months ago. And he convinced manager hyung to buy pizza from this place for dinner once and we and our managers and staff loved it. And we always order from this place whenever we have pizza, it’s definitely worth the money.” Said Jungkook, before taking a bite out of his pizza slice.

“If you want good food just ask Jin oppa. He knows some of the best places.” Giggled Aeri.

“Jin hyung goes out with his friends a lot, and he’s really sociable so he knows a lot of people.” Said Jungkook.

“I know, DAY6’s Sungjin oppa is also friends with Jin oppa. Sungjin oppa just told me a few days ago when they asked me about you.” Said Aeri.

“I’m the complete opposite of Jin hyung, he knows so many people. All of the other hyungs have so many friends from other groups too.” Sighed Jungkook.

Aeri paused before she smiled and nudged Jungkook. “But you have Yugyeom, BamBam, Jimin, Yerin and myself with you. You don’t have to worry about not having many friends. Having a few trusted and true friends is more than enough.”

Jungkook paused before he smiled, “I guess you’re right. But I’m glad to have you guys as my friends.”

“But it’s weird how we never spoke much to each other even though we had a lot of mutual friends and acquaintances before we got married. We are classmates but we didn’t speak much in school either.” Said Aeri.

“That’s true, but we’re both shy and it was honestly awkward since we had the same nickname.” Said Jungkook.

“But I think Yugyeom brought us closer, he’s the closest mutual friend that we both have.” Said Aeri.

“He did, he used to tease me about you a lot. He still does, but he liked to pair me with you a lot. The hyungs and staff did that a lot too.” Said Jungkook, with flushed cheeks.

“The other JYP Nation artists often did that too. The unnies teased me with a Bangtan poster that J-Hope oppa gave to Kyuyeon unnie, they put it up on my room’s door.” Responded Aeri, shyly.

MC 3: It is official everyone! JYP Nation and Big Hit are longtime supporters of this couple!

MC 1: I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them tipped the production team off about this couple.

MC 2: But they are very similar, that’s probably why they get along so well together.

MC 1: But I heard that the fans really like them as a pair.

MC 3: Come to think of it, they have had the best positive response than any other couple, it’s comparable to the Khuntoria couple a few years ago.

MC 2: But they are a perfect couple. They are the definition of first and young love.

“B-But I’m glad that you are my wife, I don’t think that I would have been able to make it this far on this show without you.” Admitted Jungkook, shyly.

Aeri blushed and she bit her lower lip. “I-I’m glad that you are my husband too. I have been able to come out of my shell because of you, and I’m thankful for that.”

There was an awkward silence as the couple looked away from each other shyly.

MC 2: It’s awkward.

MC 3: There’s always an awkward moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter