Phase 2: Let's Love Begin

Phase of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The change will never happened without a closure. For both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, even they didn’t realize yet, the fight they had about three months ago was a closure for they hatred to each other. The fight given Kyungsoo the chance to let out all his emotions he had to Chanyeol. He never had a plan to say all the things he said at the fight, but those words was what he always thinking about Chanyeol. And the fight given Chanyeol a chance to open his eyes to see the reality. What is reality here? Reality that all the hatred he had about his life will never fade away by hurting others, hurting Kyungsoo. In fact, the sorrow started to fade away when he start to apologize to Kyungsoo, to try to befriend with the shorter boy. But, why when Chanyeol try to make up all his mistake in the past, ended up giving Kyungsoo more misery? Kyungsoo even now laying in the hospital, unconscious because of him.

Chanyeol can’t take a step closer to where Kyungsoo’s room occur. He afraid of what he will find out about the latter. It’s scare him more when he have to face Kyungsoo’s family who is now in front of the room, sad. He makes the entire family sad. Chanyeol just standing in front of elevator staring at Kyungsoo’s room. The doctor come out from Kyungsoo’s room and talk to Kyungsoo’s parent, giving the parent a pat on their shoulder, nodding his head and then left the family alone. Finally, Kyungsoo’s father recognize Chanyeol, he’s staring at Chanyeol with wide eyes. Chanyeol have no option than step closer to the family and face them all.

“Ommoo, Chanyeol-ah, what happen to you??”, the old man asking him, worried. It makes his wife and Sehun looking at him too.

“Aboujhiii, Eommoniii, I-I’m sorry..”, is the word that Chanyeol can say at the moment.

“Ommoo, Chanyeol-ah, why you say sorry? what happen to you?”, now the old lady is the one who asking him.

“K-kyungsoo, kyungs…”, Chanyeol can’t hold his tears. He fall down to his knees in front of Kyungsoo’s mother and put his head on her lap. She’s now the young boy’s hair to calm him down.

“Kyungsoo is fine, Chanyeol, He’s okay now. We just wait until he wake up. It’s okay”

“I’m sorry, I’m very sorry..”, Chanyeol said, he’s crying louder now, the tears is full of regret.

“It wasn’t your fault, Chanyeol-ah. Mr. Yixing had told us about what happened. It’s okay. But I didn’t thought that you got beaten up this bad. Sehun-ah, bring Chanyeol to get medication”, now Kyungsoo’s father who try to calm him down.

After Chanyeol got his calm back,  he get cured to fix the bruises on his face, accompanied by Sehun. Sehun, too, know about how Chanyeol and his brother befriend now. He can see that the worries on Chanyeol’s face to his brother is pure.

“He’s okay, hyung, don’t worry”, Sehun said try to convince Chanyeol.

“Is he really okay? I saw Eommoni crying hard”, Sehun just nodding as an answer. After Chanyeol and Sehun finished to fix Chanyeol’s face, they went back to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

***

 

Kyungsoo feel like he’s been closing his eyes away too long that all he want to do is open them. He can fully remember about what happened to him, he got hit, accidentaly, by Jongin. But he feel fine, at least for now. He really want to wake up now, to check on someone. Someone he worried about. Someone who’s been beaten at school earlier, someone who he tried to help but failed, someone who isn’t fine at all. He try to open his eyes but it feel so heavy, he open it slowly. He can see the light that not too shiny, he can see the doctor “Oh, I’m at the hospital”, he thought. He move his vision to see all of people that stand in front of his bed, watching him wake up. His mother, his father, and his brother. “Oh, everyone is here”, he thought again. But the one he want to see isn’t there. He feel worries that makes him want to wake up on his bed and searching for the person. When he about to move he can see someone is coming closer between his parents. That person is put his head so low but Kyungsoo can still see his face. Kyungsoo can see that person is trying to give him a smile but failed, that person is too sad to smile. So, Kyungsoo being the one who’s giving a smile, a smile that saying “I’m fine”. After his family checking on him, they give some private moment to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

“Hey..”, Kyungsoo said softly, his voice a little bit heavy after his unconsciousness.

“Hey, are you alright?”, Chanyeol ask, the sad start to fade away after getting a smile from Kyungsoo.

“Are you?”

“You’re the one who is laying on the hospital bed, Kyungsoo”

“You’re the one who is having an awful bruised face, Chanyeol. You’re so ugly right now”,  Kyungsoo said joking that successfully make the taller chuckle. Kyungsoo touch gently on Chanyeol’s bruised face start from his eyes’side that had a little scratch, pity that shiny eyes has a scratch. He’s touching down to Chanyeol’s  cheekbone that get red by bruised, pity that soft cheek has a bruised. And he stop at the side of Chanyeol’s down lip, pity that soft, shiny lip now get swollen. He touch Chanyeol’s lip from the right side to the left and back to the right, continuing that movement for a moment until he realize it was an awkward treatment. He quickly put his hand down and clear his throat as a sign of his shyness. Chanyeol hold Kyungsoo’s hand and smile a little, feeling relieved by Kyungsoo’s touch on his bruises.

 

It’s dark already on the outside of the hospital. Kyungsoo is now eating with the help of his mother. Chanyeol is laying on the couch, sleeping, Kyungsoo thought. After finishing all his food, his mother cleaning all the plate and is about to walk when Kyungsoo suddenly call her.

“Eomma..”

“Hmm? you feel hurt??”, The mother answer worriedly.

“No, I’m okay”

“So, what is it?”, it takes a minute to wait her son to speak what he’s about to say. So, she decided to sit back to the side of the bed and holding her son’s hand. “What bothering you, son?”

“Eomma.. is that possible for our heart to change in short way? That we get different kind of feeling suddenly?”, Kyungsoo ask his mother who seems confused.

“Is that impossible for our heart to change? Doesn’t it something that we can’t control? Not depended on the time or place or any other reason? Doesn’t feeling is something unreliable to any other elements?”, his mom answering, try to connecting her words with Kyungsoo’s question. Kyungsoo doesn’t answer. “What is all about, Kyungsoo-ah? It’s okay”

“Eomma… Is that..emm possible to love someone that we used… emm to hate?”, Kyungsoo ask his mother again, now hesitantly, not really sure about what he’s wanting to say. But, his mother seems to understand what the conversation is about.

“I never teach you to hate a person, Kyungsoo-ah”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter