Are we friends yet?

Phase of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's happening here?", A woman come inside Chanyeol's house with unpleased look. Chanyeol still on his bending position pretend to get hurt, while Kyungsoo stop his hand that almost hit Chanyeol. The woman look beautiful, she's like on her early thirties, but still look gorgeous and good sense of fashion. She take off her branded sunglasses, take a step toward Chanyeol and bend down to make her closer to the boy. "Are you hurt?", she ask him and put her hand to Chanyeol's not-that-broken leg, but Chanyeol let go of her hand don't want to be touched and get himself up. She follow Chanyeol's ation to also getting up and look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo bow and give a little smile to her, have no idea who is she and what is her relations with Chanyeol.

"What are you doing here?", Chanyeol ask without any intention to be polite to that young lady.

"I'm here to check-up on you, how's your leg, Channie?", she said softly, try to approach Chanyeol.

"Why you keep calling me that? You're not my mom, only my mom can call me that. Gosh, i've told you a hundred times. And also, my leg is fine you can go.", Chanyeol said try to be rude enough to annoy her.

"Don't be like that, Chan..", the woman said while seeing Chanyeol walk toward his room and lock himself. Leaving her and Kyungsoo alone. Kyungsoo really have no idea what to do, he can't leave the woman alone but he doesn't want to just stand there in awkward silence with not-Chanyeol's mom. "Who are you, young man?", the woman asking Kyungsoo who now sit on the couch and sighing. "He's Chanyeol's friend, ma'am", Ahjumma answer, just arrived from the market. "Oh, I see", "Would you like something to drink, ma'am?", Ahjumma asking while walking to the kitchen. "No, I'm goinng now. Just give this to Chanyeol", she's standing up and give a box of pizza, Chanyeol's favourite. Ahjumma take the box and walk her outside. Kyungsoo just bow to her and wondering who is she.

Kyungsoo now helping Ahjumma with the groceries while Chanyeol still lock himself. Kyungsoo keep wondering who is the woman but doesn't want to look too interfere to other business. "She's Chanyeol's second mother", Ahjumma said, understand that Kyungsoo may want to know about her, and yes he really is. Kyungsoo nod his head as an answer. "And where is Chanyeol's mom?", Kyungsoo ask using the opportunity to break his curiousity. 

"My mom live in Busan, at our family house, with my dad and the woman you see earlier. And here i am choose to live alone here so that i don't have to see my dad having two wife and live happily", Chanyeol suddenly walk out from his room and sitting in the kitchen where Kyungsoo and Ahjumma talking about his family. "Is there anything you want to know more about me? it's free", Chanyeol ask Kyungsoo while he take a slice of pizza that his second mother brought, and take bite of it. Kyungsoo just shake his head and watching Chanyeol eating deliciously. 

"Don't you dislike her, why you keep eating the pizza she brought?"

"Why should i abandon this beautiful creature just because i don't like the person who bring this to me?", Chanyeol answer dramatically while staring to the pizza like staring to his soulmate. "My baby, come to papa!", Chanyeol said dramatically (again) and put his "baby" inside his mouth.

"Which father who eat his own baby, Idiot!", Kyungsoo said and slap Chanyeol's head. Walking outside the house get ready to go home. "I'm going home now. Prepare your school materials, Chanyeol. You need to go back to school, have a pity to your brain, it needs to be feed too".

During the absent of Chanyeol at school, Kyungsoo doesn't experience any cruel treatment from Jongin or Jongdae who used to bully him together with Chanyeol. It makes everything clear that Chanyeol is the brain of all the bad treatment he got at school. But, what makes Kyungsoo wondering is that are they know about Chanyeol's condition? If they know, why they don't make a time to visit Chanyeol. Even if they don't, shouldn't they feel worry or something about Chanyeol? Even Kyungsoo, felt worries about the taller man. 

Kyungsoo get ready to go to school, and yes he need to go to school very early again. He used to go a little late when Chanyeol absent the school time. But now, Chanyeol is going back to school he need to go early again. Kyungsoo walk to shool. The school located not too far from his neighborhood, and there's a beach along the road to school that is Kyungsoo's favorite. Beause it's beautiful and comforting. It can calm his nerve before the school time that most of its time only bring a stress to Kyungsoo. Especially when it is the last semester of his school before he turn to the college life.

Kyungsoo was worried that Chanyeol probably still not try to attend the school time, but he's not. He finally back to school which make Kyungsoo relieved. Nothing change about Kyungsoo and Chanyeol except for the fact that Chanyeol no longer treat Kyungsoo cruelly. But, they didn't talk to each other though, just sometime they steal a look to each other. However, it makes Jongin and Jongdae wondering what is going on with Chanyeol and why he stop bullying Kyungsoo. So, Jongin decide to start the action, wishing that Chanyeol would join him. It happened when Kyungsoo was about to return the book to the library and Jongin intentionally running toward Kyungsoo and bump into Kyungsoo make him and the books fall to the ground (yes, just like the old times). Kyungsoo groan by the pain that Jongin given. And there is Chanyeol, he can see there's Chanyeol. Standing there, looking at the him who is in pain, and do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just staring, hesitantly. Not sure what to do until Jongin call his name. "Chanyeol, let's go!", and then he go with Jongin and Jongdae and leave Kyungsoo alone.

Kyungsoo hurts. Why he should get hurt? There is Chanyeol seeing him get bump intentionally by Jongin and he do nothing. Why he should expecting Chanyeol to do something about it? Doesn't it fair enough to see that Chanyeol not trying to join his friends to treat him bad? Then why he feel sad? But he feel sad, it's heartbreaking. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter