Phase 3: Acceptance

Phase of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo continue his school at Seoul National University majoring in art. He’s doing well so far, since Chanyeol gone. No matter what, his life goes on. If Chanyeol choose to chase his dream, Kyungsoo is wanting to do his passion too. He likes to develop his drawing skill. What is not going very well is his health problem that is getting worse. It happened in the second year of his college life that makes his lungs getting more weak. He late for attend the class and he’s about to take the elevator to reach his class at 7th floor. Unfortunately, the elevator is broken so he need to take a stair to reach his class. Because he already late, he hurriedly take all the stairs and forget that he had a health problem. He ended up laying on a bed in hospital.

“Technically, there’s something on Kyungsoo’s body that make most of his body liquid stuck on his lungs and make him hard to breath. There is no space for air to pass his respiration because it all blocked by all the liquid that stuck on his lungs. We’ve done one surgery. But we need to do another few surgery temporarily everytime the liquid fill his lungs.”, Dr. Kim explain about Kyungsoo’s current condition to his entire family.

“How many times he need to do that?”, Mrs. Do asked.

“It depend on how his lungs can handle the surgery. For now, he still have several chances. But, he need to bring an oxygen tank everywhere he goes to support his breathing. It doesn’t have to be all the time. He can take it off whenever he feel fine or just relaxing his body. But, if he’s about to do something hard, he need to use it all the time.”

Now, Kyungsoo bring the oxygen tank whenever he goes. Not always put the cannula on his nose, but just in case his symptom attack him again. He still doing fine with all his college life. He doesn’t let his sickness bother his life. Remember that he’s naturally a strong person, so it doesn’t make him miserable or acting dramatically for having a health problem. In fact, he is sick for seeing people have a pity on him. So, he sometimes just put his oxygen tank on his locker. One day, he met Jongin at SNU. Well, Jongin attend that school too with different major. For seeing Kyungsoo bring the oxygen tank, no other way for Kyungsoo to reveal his sickness. And the fact of his sickness put a guilt on Jongin since he remember about hitting Kyungsoo accidentally back then. But, it was an accident and the sickness already there before Jongin hit him.

 

***

 

It’s been five years since Chanyeol go. He is supposed to be back to Korea. But Kyungsoo have no intention to find where Chanyeol is now. While Chanyeol goes, his house is sold to some stranger that Kyungsoo doesn’t want to care about. So, Chanyeol’s house is just like another house along his neighborhood. Even deep down on Kyungsoo’s heart, he wish that some morning the gate in front of his house will be opened by someone familiar, someone tall that he knew. One day, Kyungsoo know exactly that Chanyeol is already back to Korea. He’s here at Seoul, in fact. He know about that by the invitation card that he found at his study desk. It was a white invitation card with some elegant design at the font that write:

You are invited to Celebrate the Engagement Moment of:

~~~~Park Chanyeol & Byun Baekhyun~~~~

 

“P-park Chanyeol?? T-that Park Chanyeol? Who is this Byun?? Maybe.. Maybe this is Sehun’s friends, yes.. this must be Sehun’s friend. Sehunaaaa… Sehunaaaaa!!”, Kyungsoo calls his dongsaeng immediately. The dongsaeng is coming very soon by the voice his hyung made.

“What is it, Hyung?”, Sehun ask curiously.

“You have a friend named Park Chanyeol, right?”

“Mmmno…”

“Are you sure?”

“As long as I can remember… yes”

“Or.. or maybe Byun Baekhyun? You must have a friend with that name right???”

“No again, Hyung what is it?”

“Then what is this???”, Kyungsoo show the invitation card to Sehun with the tears fill on his both red eyes.

“H-hyung.. That’s…”, Sehun try to calm his brother’s body that shaking.

“Don’t say that!!!! Don’t say th—“

“Hyung!!!”

 

***

 

Kyungsoo got his second surgery after got shocked about Chanyeol’s engagement news. Dr. Kim said he need more intense use of oxygen tank after this second surgery. It’s been three days since the surgery and Kyungsoo still in comma. Dr. Kim said that he supposed to be awake since two days ago. But, it seems like Kyungsoo is refuse to awake from his comma, Dr. Kim said. The entire family is standby waiting for their beloved Kyungsoo to wake up. It’s Sehun turn to be waiting for his Hyung while his parents need to go back to their house. While heading to hospital, Sehun is approached by someone not so strange for him.

“Sehunaaa,”, The tall figure stranger ask Sehun that looks like blank on his mind. “It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter