Epilogue

Phase of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

12 years later..

 

“Chansoo-ahh! Park Chansoo!!”, Chanyeol calls his son who have a birthday today. Chanyeol is sitting in front of computer and ready to show the video that Kyungsoo made for their son 12 years ago. He’s been reformat the video over and over again so it won’t out to date and can be played.

“What is it, Dad?”, Chansoo come inside the room to his father.

“Here.. you need to watch something. It’s a gift from your Appa”.

They both sitting side by side in front of computer and ready to watch the video.

 

“Anyeong, Park Chansoo..”

“Anyeong, Appa”, Chansoo respond the video, He’s amazed by the view at the video. His Appa, his young Appa for 12 years ago that sure looks handsome even wrapped with the hospital outfit. “He really look like me, Dad”, Chansoo said to Chanyeol.

“If you watch this video.. it means you already 12 years old, except if your Dad broke his promise, but I know he won’t.”, Chanyeol and Chansoo watching seriously to the video that Kyungsoo made.

“Happy birthday big boy! I hope you can turn to be a gentle men. I hope you grow in the right track. I bet your Dad will raise you well”, Chansoo look at his Dad hopelessly. Chanyeol just smirk.

“Well, if he’s not, I know you still know which one is right to do and which one is not”

“Sure, Appa! I’m the one who need to teach him, actually”, Chansoo said teasing his Dad.

“You Brat!”, Chanyeol respond with a little hit on Chansoo’s head.

“You may ask why I’m giving this video when you’re 12. When I was your age, it was the first time I met your Dad, Park Chanyeol. You may know already that our relationship didn’t goes well because he’s such a scamp (I’m sorry for my word but it’s true keke). But, it just at first, he genuinely a caring person. And I wish that you don’t need to wait for six years to turn yourself into that. At this age, you must be facing so much things that you find hard to handle by yourself. But don’t worry, Son. You still have your Dad, right? Lean on him. Ask him for advice. Don’t hold yourself. Befriend with your own father okay? I want you to grow up well and become a kind person.”, Chanyeol and Chansoo look at each other and Chanyeol embrace his son on his arms.

“Oh, I wonder if your Dad find his soulmate already?”

“Oh yes, Appa, Dad found his soulmate already”, Chansoo says and stare at his Dad.

“I wish he loves his soulmate the way he loves you”

“He loves his soulmate more than he loves me, Appa. I’m sad”, Chansoo make a dramatic sobs and Chanyeol just shake his head to his silly son.

“Chansoo-ah, you may think that we’re far apart when you watch this video. But you’re not. You are here..”, Kyungsoo point out his big belly “.. with me. So we’re close. Okay? I guess this is the end of our small talk. Keep stay by your father side, alright? I love you our Chansoo. Anyeong”

“Anyeong, Appa”

 

 

Chanyeol shut down the computer and turn to his son. “See that video? You see by yourself how your Appa struggling just to give you a birth. If you turn to be a scamp I’ll kill you with my own hand, you hear that??”

“Yes, Dad. I won’t turn to be like you..”

“What?”

“A scamp”

“Ya! You brat!”

“Hehe.. kidding, Dad. I promise for Appa I won’t turn to be a bad boy”

“Good. Happy birthday kiddo! I love you”, Chanyeol says and embrace his son.

“Thanks, Dad. I love you too”

“Have I tell you how me and your Appa made your name?”

“No, you haven’t. But I know my name is the combination of your guys’”

“Smart!”

“I am!”, Chanyeol look at his son emotionless. Chansoo chuckles.

 “Then why you guys choose Chansoo instead of others?”, Chansoo asks curiously.

“Well, it’s your Appa’s choice. I prefer Kyung Yeol first, he didn’t like it, pffft”

“Really? Too bad. I guess I like Kyung Yeol the most”

“Yeah right? He said it was weird, tsk”, Chansoo just giggling at his father.

“Hey Guys, the cake is ready, get out from the cage you both!”, said someone from the kitchen.

“Let’s see what my ‘soulmate’ make for your birthday in the kitchen, come one!”, Chanyeol drags his son to the kitchen.

Chanyeol come closer to his ‘soulmate’ who is busy cooking at the kitchen. The smell of the dish that his soulmate made is filling around the kitchen, even the house. The smell is appetizing, as always. Chanyeol hugs his soulmate from the back and not forget the stolen kisses.

“Hey baby..”

“Hey, Yeol..”

“Hey, Appa..”

“Hey, Kiddo..”, Chansoo come closer to his Appa, to Kyungsoo and hugs him tightly. Chansoo grow so fast that his height is almost reach Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo got a donor for his lungs in the very last minute that was ended saving his life. Kyungsoo now looks healthy after these years. He’s no longer wearing a cannula and drag an oxygen tank everywhere he goes.

“Appa.. thanks for the video”

“Oh, you watched it?”, Kyungsoo his son’s hair gently. Chansoo just nods his head.

“I’ll be a good boy, Appa. Thanks for staying alive”, Kyungsoo hugs his son tighter.

They all gathered at the dining table to get ready for the birthday cake. Chansoo blow the candle a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter