The Hardest Task

Phase of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After a week spending time in hospital to get fully recovered, Kyungsoo and entire family preparing their belongings to go back to their house. Along the road to go home is full of silent for entire family. Kyungsoo feel something weird for his family, they keep silent but they can’t keep their eyes on him and throwing a sidelong glance to one another. Not to mention a wide less teeth smiles they give to each other, from Mr. Do, to Mrs. Do, and also to the maknae, Sehun. Kyungsoo wondering what happened but Kyungsoo just being Kyungsoo. He doesn’t really care of what happen and just enjoy the road. As they arrived at the house, Mr. and Mrs. Do enter the house first in a rush, like they need to prepare something and leave Sehun and Kyungsoo behind. Sehun take care of his hyung and wait patiently until his hyung ready to get out from the car and enter the house. He walks behind his hyung at first, but then he walk fast to get inside the house first.

Kyungsoo finally have his turn to enter the house and realize there’s something different in the scent of his house. Something sweet and fresh like a floral garden. When Kyungsoo can finally see his entire house he is shocked by the view he’s seeing. Start from the entrance and then the entire living room is filled with black and white flowers, roses and orchid kinds. There’s almost no space for him to take a step. And he’s seeing his dongsaeng stand beside his father and then there’s Chanyeol – who must be the one that arrange all this, and also his mother. All having smiling face to Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol who stands between Mr. and Mrs. Do is nervous when he sees that Kyungsoo have no expression. Well, he can see a shock on Kyungsoo’s face but not that kind of shock that makes him satisfied with all preparation he have done. After he gather all the courage he had, Chanyeol bring down his tall body on his knee and he take out the black elegant box from his pocket. He open slowly the box that has another thing inside it, let’s call it a ring with a simple touch of black lines at the edges of both sides. He look up to stare on Kyungsoo’s round eyes and say..

“Do Kyungsoo, will you marry me?”

“WHAT???”, Chanyeol shock with unexpected reaction from Kyungsoo. He sure that his voice is loud enough for him to hear what he just said.

“I said, will you marry me?”

“WHAATTT???”

“Kyungsoo, you heard him..”, Mrs. Do says. The entire family shocked with Kyungsoo’s reaction of all this surprises that they arranged. Chanyeol who realize that the situation isn’t goes as he wish try to bring up his body.

“Kyungsoo..”, Chanyeol says weakly.

“GET OUT!!”

“Kyungsoo!!”, Mr. Do now warn him to Kyungsoo’s sudden temper.

“Kyungsoo.. I..”, Chanyeol try to calm Kyungsoo.

“I SAID, GET OUT!! I DON'T WNNA SEE YOU FACE!! GET OUT!!!!”

“DO KYUNGSOO!!”, now Mr. Do who shouts.

“What, Appa?? He’s the one who refuse my proposal!!”, wait—what??

“WHAT?”, Mr. Do shocked.

“WHAT?”, Mrs. DO shocked.

“WHAT?”, author-nim shocked

“Oh boy.. this isn’t good.. I better go..”, Sehun said to himself and walk to his room. Kyungsoo follow him.

 

***

 

Is there something that we missed? Let’s replay a week backward, shall we??

 

***

 

“Then call it off..”

“Call the wedding off, Yeol. Marry me instead”, Kyungsoo says while his hand stil rubbing Chanyeol’s cheek. Chanyeol eyes full of hopes and it makes Kyungsoo do nothing but smile warmly. This is the moment they both waiting for. The moment that they finally realize they do belong together. The moment they finally earn after all sacrifice they have done. The moment that only last long before Chanyeol give the answer.

“I-I’m sorry.. Soo. I-I can’t. I’m sorry..”

 

That words. The words that Chanyeol said is enough to make Kyungsoo decide to have a comma, for a week, yes that’s how silly Kyungsoo is. While Kyungsoo having a comma like a sleeping beauty, Chanyeol use that time to make all the preparation, start from cancelling all the marriage preparations to face his Park family and not to forget The Byuns.

“Don’t worry Chanyeol, I got this..”, Baekhyun said while they’re heading to meet both their parents.

“Thank you, Baekhyun. But.. why are you doing this?”

“Well, I secretly met Kyungsoo few days ago.”, Baekhyun says, well not that secret since Chanyeol successfully eavesdropping them.  “You know, Chanyeol, I also disagree about this marriage settlement. I mean, I want to get married with someone I love and love me back. We clearly not like that. At first, I thought it was fine, we might fall in love after we get married, who knew right? But then, I met Kyungsoo, your Kyungsoo.”, Baekhyun stop for awhile looking at Chanyeol’s reddening face when he says Kyungsoo’s name. “See? that’s how deep you’re in love with him.”

“What?”, Chanyeol asks confused.

“You’re blushing just by hearing his name”

“Oh, that.. hehe well..”

“That’s why.. how can I being an evil to separate you two? So, I decided to meet him in person. If I ask him directly, he won’t tell me the truth about his feeling towards you. So.. I need to provoke his jealousy a little bit, by asking several things that maybe irritate him. You know, when someone angry, they unconsciously will reveal their true color.”, Baekhyun is satisfied with all attention he got from Chanyeol that moment. Well, it’s Kyungsoo that they’re talking about, of course he got full attention. “You’re such a jerk, Chanyeol! Do you know that?”

“W-what??”, Chanyeol Shocked.

“You’re a jerk! An Idiot!! How can you do that to Kyungsoo??”

“Well, yeah, you’re not wrong about that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter