Still a month and a day

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still a month and a day

I sat nervously on that same black sofa that had subsided in this exact spot since the beginning of time, since the beginning of my time at least. The phone - that phone – that GD had given me sat on the coffee table.

“Got a new phone bae?” Kai raised an eyebrow as he leaned over the sofa from behind me. I looked up at him as he ruffled my hair “Is that a Nokia 180? Nice!”

“Shut up.” I commanded as I grabbed it and shoved it in the front pocket of my baggy harem pants “Its… nothing…”

Kai laughed obnoxiously as he jumped over the back of the sofa and fell down beside me, his messy bangs getting in his eyes as he smiled wildly. Seeing this, my one true joy, I was glad I had opted not to share my burden. I couldn’t let him fight all my battles.  “It’s not nothing.” he commented light heartedly “I saw, are you dealing or something?” He joked.

He laughed for a few seconds more as I looked him dead in the eyes, lost for words.

He then stopped.

“What?” I questioned as his smile dropped

“Are you… dealing?”

“What? No!” I lightly hit his broad chest as he began to laugh one more, his eyes forming beautiful crescents as he did so “of course not!”

“Good!” Kai cooed as he suddenly lent over and sweetly kissed my cheek despite my foul mood “because we have been invited to the biggest disaster of the century.” I cocked an eyebrow as Kai stood up with a smile before clarifying “Sehun is moving in with Baek and having a ‘house warming party’

I visually grimaced as Kai pulled me to my feet and into a hug; he knew something was wrong, he had to.

“Now go to the shop and buy drink for us to take.”

I narrowed my eyes  “What was that?”

“Please, my beautiful jagiya go and buy some alcohol so we can get through this awful gathering.”
I Smiled as I held my hand out and Kai reluctantly shoved his hand into his back pocket, pulled out a note and slapped it into my palm.

“Is that it?”

“ what?”

“Joking! Joking!” I giggled and struggled as he grabbed my waist as kissed my head. I loved the way he was so much taller than me; in a way, it made me feel safe yet he always let me go, I guess I put up too much of a fight.
I shoved the money in my pocket and began to walk towards the door, leaving Kai standing still in the middle of our living room: “Jagi, I do love you, you know.”

I turned and smiled “I know you do.”

Back to this

There wasn’t much hesitation in my next action; time was running out and it was clear that I was the most useless person when dealing with confrontation.  What provoked GD to pose such a horrible situation anyway? What did he think of me?

Twice I knocked before the door ahead of me swung open and I was met by a smug face.
This was not the supermarket.

“Can I come in?” I asked regretfully, biting my lip nervously as a physically crossed my fingers; I was such a dweeb.

“Trouble in paradise?”

“No… just-”

“Why else would you be here?”

“Joonmyun just let me in for sakes.”  I scowled as I pushed past him into his apartment. It was weird; I hadn’t been inside since we ‘broke up’.  

“Hey! You can’t call me that! You didn’t even call me that when we were dating.”

I rolled my eyes as I welcomed myself in his home and took a seat on his sofa not bothering with pleasantries. “Dating?”

“Fake dating.” He corrected as he sat down to.

I scoffed, looking him in the eyes “Admit it, it was real.”

Suho scowled at me, averting his eyes up to the celling and ignoring my forceful demand; I knew he had felt it because I had too “You came here for something, what it is?”

“uh…” I hesitated before grabbing the phone from my pocket “you know when BigBang called me back?” He nodded, knowing that nothing I was about to say could possibly be good. “They gave me this.”

I laid it down on the sofa between us both, imidiatly looking for Suho’s reaction which, for the record, was somewhat non-existent.

“You’re dealing for them?”

My eyes widened and I shook my head with vigour while Suho searched through the phone. All that was on it was a single number saved to the contacts, yet he seemed to be looking for something else.

“Then what?”

“They…” Suho looked up at me as he tore the back off the phone “… asked me to change sides.” I was more interested in what he was searching for at this point in time and thus found myself staring “I need to call them tonight.”

Suho laughed a little “You’re just a student, why do they want you?”

I shrugged “Info on you guys I guess.” That made sense.  “You know, I need that thing to decline the offer… what are you doing to it?”

Suho arogantly smiled to me, shaking his head as he did so “You’re so ignorant sweetie, if they needed confirmation they would have given you a number, told you to call it from a phone box.”

“So...”

“So-“ Suho pulled a small sim-like card from within the brick phone “-they’re tracking you.”

My mouth grew agape as he laid the technology down on his coffee table and shook his head, disapproving of my stupidity, seemly baffled.  “You should have told Kai.”

I nodded, not that I agreed; it was just the easy thing to do “Why track me though; they know where I live for god sakes.”  I stared at the small chip that had been relaying my whereabouts to our enemies.

Suho ran a hand through his hair with iritation “likely, they were waiting for you to leave campus as to kidnap you you stupid girl!” I couldn’t tell if he was angry at me or what “Why didn’t you just say no there and then!”

I couldn’t remember… I might have, but I doubt BigBang would let it be so easy “I don’t know.” I told, not looking him straight in the eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell Kai?”

“I don’t know.”

“Why didn’t you do anything!” Suho screamed as he got to his feet and stopped over to the kitchen, slamming his fist down on the kitchen surface.

“I don’t know!”

“DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ________?”  I angrily pulled at my hair as he threw his arm over the counter top, sweeping glasses onto the ground and cursing as they smashed into millions of pieces.  Suho’s eyes were black like death; they always went darker when he was angry, as if they reflected the colour of his pungent soul.  Suho had always scared me – maybe not on the surface – and now was no dif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter