The more you know, the less you understand

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The more you know, the less you understand 

“Lay.” Xiumin fluttered his eyes shut as everyone calmed “you should be quiet; we’re sorting this.”

GDragon cocked an eyebrow “really? Because last time I checked you were so deep in Suho was selling his Girlfriend to me.” He made direct eye contact with me across the room all of a sudden; I didn’t know how he recognised me, we had never met before yet he defiantly knew. His eyes – they were like Suho’s – so back, so lifeless and menacing.  I tried to turn to Baekhyun but he was nowhere to be seen, in fact, Chloe wasn’t next to me either; she was with Chanyeol and Chen.

“Come here _________ sweetie.” He said from across the room, beckoning me with his finger in couple of sly movements. The corner of his mouth rose and I found myself being drawn forward and only was it now the previous words he had voiced reached my brain because my ‘boyfriend’ had offed me as a e and only now was that coming to light.

“__________?” Suho questioned as I was into the circle yet I paid him no head.

“How do you know my name GDragon sir?” I asked respectfully and with dignity, sure I was dressed like a hippy but at least I couldn’t be pinned as rude.

“Sit down ________, hun.” Taeyang told with a smile as he moved over on the sofa, creating a space between GDragon and himself. Suho protested again, told me to sit with him and Lay but I ignored it; I could look after myself. I took a seat next to these new, unknown men, maybe in protest of what I thought I heard, maybe just to prove a point that I could be just as brave as ‘Lay’.

“You, love him?” GDragon asked rather peculiarly.

“What’s it to you.” I stoically replied.

GDragon laughed silently, his eyes sparkling as he bared his crystal white teeth “you do.”

I looked to Suho, he had his head bowed into his hands and was gripping his hair. Yixing had his hand on the Korean’s back… Yixing was a bit of a touchy guy. Everyone else in the room was watching me at this point and silence had feel. Even Chloe, Chen and Chanyeol had wondered over and Baekhyun had reappeared.

Still, I said nothing. I planned to stay silent, here them out without giving myself up, that was until Seungri spoke up:

“What about him, huh?” He pointed to Kai “You love him?”

Kai’s eyes shot open and the flicks of light brown in his iris glowed as they hit the light, his big lips were parted slightly and he looked somewhat shocked. I couldn’t really tell what he was thinking, i needed too. I didn’t know how to answer.

“Suho – That prick you share a bed with –“ Seungri pointed rudely but not unjustly “ – He was too quick to  give you up if it meant an easier deal for him.”

I cast an eye too Suho, I could have throttled him there and then, suffocated him and torn his limbs off one by one , yet it seemed another had beat me too it: “KRIS NO, FOR SAKES NO, YOU CAN DO THIS LATER… WE CAN ALL ING DO THIS LATER!” Tao screamed and he pulled on Kris’s arm, the latter of which was lunging at Suho, all guns blazing. Sadly enough Tao was able to stop him, no one else would have done so if the panda wasn’t there; he was the only one who was a match for Kris’s size.

“kai –“ Seungri continued “ –He put his on the line, literally, for you. He was going to go in your place.”

I looked over to Kai who was avoiding eye contact yet spoke anyway “And Sehun.”

Sehun, selfish, drunk Sehun who’s stoic nature left me questing always actually seemed to be one of my heroes? Wrong, I looked over to that smug bastard “You’re welcome” he said as if he was Jesus… I still kind of loved that kid though, smug or not he was Oh Sehun and that’s all we could ask of him.

“Do you love Kai _________?” Seungri asked once more “Because the way I see it, you’re in love with Suho who doesn’t care about you one bit – “ Kris took a lunge at the short Korean once more only to be withheld by Tao “ –and couldn’t give a about Kai who… loves you.” I looked over to Kai immediately to see his reaction upon hearing Seungri’s hypothesis but he was already gone.

“Off already kissy lips?” TOP taunted Kai as he entered into his bedroom, away from the drama.  

“I’m going to pack.”

“Not so fast.” GDragon stopped Kai in his tracks – not moving an inch however – not going to any particular effort to stop my roommate but clearly having some qualms with Kai’s sudden leave. Maybe I wasn’t 100% aware of Kai’s importance in this ‘gang’(?) but I was surprised to see what attention his strop garnered. “Don’t pack, you still don’t have to do this.”

Kai raised an eyebrow “theoretically.”

I looked to the man next to me, I couldn’t read him at all. He had obviously been in this game a while – like D.O. and knew how to compose himself despite still looking very young.

“30% for _________” Taeyang gripped my waist as GDragon laid down the cards regarding the settlement.

“NO!” I protested “I’M NOT FOR SALE.” But none was listning.

Everyone in my group was silent, in shock maybe but GDragon was still talking “And another 30% on top of that for Chloe.”

Chloe – unlike myself – was less polite to these new men “Um, ex – ing – cuse you, how the hell do you know my name you crusty ?”  Suho audibly gasped as she stomped over, her heels echoing around the whole flat  “You want to take back your ing offer before I literally destroy you.”

“Just.” GDragon closed his eyes “Just shut up your sparking; we’re doing business hunnie.”

Chloe, somehow, bit her tongue and sat down as D.O. made room for her next to him. I was currently beside myself; no one was sticking up for me yet and I was too ignorant to the situation to do it myself.

“60%?” Suho questioned; he was considering it… really?

Yixing, Sehun, Chen, Kris and almost everyone protested this, shouting at Suho for as much as thinking about it. The china line had established there were no mandarin speakers in the room; they were now freely conversing, hopefully about something useful.  Kai however was saying nothing, neither was Xiumin and I couldn’t help but feel something was wrong.

“Girls –” Xiumin spoke up “ –I wouldn’t ask if we weren’t –“ he paused, considering his next words “ –desperate.”

Chloe and I both protested this avidly as Suho sat silently.  “Suho?”I questioned as I realised there were tears in my eyes and wiped them away with aggression; I was strong and wouldn’t show my weakness. Chloe wasn’t crying, she was just angry so I would stay strong too.

Suho was ignoring me – outright – He ran his hands through his hair and avoided all eye contact with everyone but Xiumin and D.O., his closet associates. All I wanted in this instant was protection; all I wanted was to be liberated from my t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter