Business

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Business

After coming in that night, the atmosphere was thick with tension, thick and black. Kris had decided not to stay despite my invitation due to ever present qualms he had with Suho and Kai, both of which were sat anxiously before the corroding coffee table as I entered. Not Surprisingly, Sehun had found his way into the kitchen, raiding our fridge as usual and  shouting something about how ‘everything is cool now’ across the room to his perplexed friend who played no heed to him.

As I slipped of my shoes Kai caught my eye and seemed to be pointing out my quiet arrival to Suho, discreetly mind, as if they had an agenda. Well, the elder looked annoyed to say the least as he threw down a note book he seemed to be writing in and got to his feet with a huff. If I wasn’t so scared it may have been cute. Maybe if it was anyone but Suho it may have been cute. But I was scared and it was suho.

“Didn’t you get my text?” He suddenly shouted to me in a raged frenzy, much to Sehun’s surprise who seemed to stop his ransacking for a second.

I shook my head, staying still as if this wasn’t my home. I proceeded to get my phone out of my pocket and surly enough I had two new texts: the second from Suho.

From: Suho
Hey, Could you maybe stay at a friend’s tonight. I will explain in the morning.

I sighed. Ah. Yet went on the read the other.

From: Luhan
Where you at? Where Kris at too…. You guys like  ,ya know, ‘good’ nao?

I rolled my eyes and took the risk of texting my friend back ever so abruptly, I had a feeling this would be my only chance tonight.

To: Luhan
Are you drunk… but all the same were both safe, just left a bit early xxx

After quickly texting Lulu back and trying to mask the smile on my face I averted my attention back to the room in which everyone seemed to be moody. It was as if we were in a damn class room!

“You got it!”

I nodded

“Why didn’t you check your phone!?” Suho was in hysterics and looked extremely angry, way angrier than he did last week. He petrified me when he was like this and I didn’t know what to say. I hadn’t checked my phone because I hadn’t thought to. Everything had been fine before, I had no idea where all this insanity had come from. 

Promptly, Kai got up and ran his fingers through his thick black hair before sighing and giving Sehun a evil look “This is all your fault!” The tan Korean proclaimed as his pale friend opened a pack of crisps “If you would have stuck with the original deal then we wouldn’t be in this mess.”

Sehun looked almost as confused as me as he began to talk obnoxiously “Me!” He squealed as I sat down in my warzone of a living room attempting to get a better grasp on the situation. “If you hadn’t agreed to such stupid terms I wouldn’t have to go back on them! Xiumin will back me! So will Chen!”

Suho scoffed “What does Chen know?”

“A lot more then you stupid twats.” Sehun hissed before shoving a handful of snacks into his mouth. Neither Suho nor Kai rejected his statement; it seemed to have some truth in it at least. The younger of the two mealy threw himself back on the couch and groaned as Suho seemed to be manically debating something else in his head.

“They want money now Sehun!” The shortest of the three stated “Nighty million Won! Do you have nighty million ing Won, Sehun!”

Sehun shook his head with attitude as he paced the room “No.” He hissed “But you do you rich !”

I flinched at the abrasive language and speculated why the boys owed so much money… Nighty million won… that was like 50 grand! Fifty thousand pound! I had never seen that much money in my life. Maybe these boys were more than they seemed -  I thought – maybe there was something sinister going on here.

Suho shouted something back about his parents finding out and skinning him if he spent that much money. That underlined one of the most common misconceptions about Kim Suho; people said he was rich - he said he was rich - but really, he was the Kid of rich parents. He owned nothing of his own yet got what he wanted, ironically, this leeway gave him a distorted take on real life and landed him in hot situations – such as this one – that only mummy and daddy could sort out. I considered it rather pathetic but would never say so.

Among the mist of the argument - that of which Kai may or may have opted out of and instead buried his head in the sofa - I was once again mentioned. I wasn’t a common topic amidst the boys and such discussion set alarm bells off in my head “You’ll have to take _______, Sehun.” Suho told to the, evidently, pissed off, maknae “Not that I trust you. Not at all.” The elder added for good measure before tuning to me.

“Can you go stay at Zhang Yixing’s or summing?” Suho asked with a much softer tone yet he was still insistent, rather scary and his eyes sparked a certain demand. 

I didn’t have time to answer in anyway before another factor was posed “ off.” Sehun sneered sassily with a single exasperated laugh “You think I’m going out there! You think I’m going home! GD knows where I live for sakes… in fact I think the whole of YG do!”

Kai mimicked Sehun’s previous ‘chuckle’ as he hysterically surfaced from the obsidian leather of the sofa – the once extremely sticky sofa that I had got round the cleaning much to everyone’s appreciation. “You’re just going to stay here your whole life then?” he joked which didn’t seem to sit well with Suho as the elder went back into a frenzy of rage.

“THAT’S FINE KAI. YOU SIT THERE AND LAUGH, THIS IS AS MUCH YOUR FAULT AS HIS!” Sehun found himself on the end of Suho’s finger.

Kai retorted in a similar manner “IF YOU DON’T REMEMBER ING RIGHTLY CHANYEOL ACCTUALLY GOT US INTO THIS CRAP AND YOU MADE IT EVEN WORSE! YOU AND YOUR GANG WARS I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS !”  Kai got to his feet and shook his head before continuing “you know what? Scrap that.”  He ordered as he calmed “It doesn’t matter who started it. We’re all in this mess together.”

Suho and Sehun nodded clearly and in respect for the tan young man, as a much more civil conversation began to take place across the room from myself. I still sat precariously near the door and now, due to the hushed nature of the other occupants in the room couldn’t hear a thing other than Sehun subtly shoving the blame on ‘Mafia child D.O.’.  I felt awkward to say the least and wondered whether to just go to my room as to avoid the conflict. Suddenly, a curt knock came at the door. It was assertive but seemingly to quiet for the debating tripartite to hear, it would have gone ignored if my instinct hadn’t kicked in.

I got to my feet and opened the door not giving it a second thought, however, as the chain of the latch snagged the door refused to open more than a couple of inches. I hadn’t realised that the chain was even on… why was it on? Through the gap I could see a magnificent man with a cheeky smile; his hair was white and thick and his eyes had bulging aegyosal much alike to Tao’s. “Hello Sweetie.” He muttered in a sweet voice. “Can you let me in?”

Before I could answer i was snatched away from the door and literally thrown to the ground.  “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Kai whisper screamed “can’t you tell we’re all on edge! There is a damn reason for that , so don’t go answering the door!”

Sehun helped me to my feet as I scowled at my roommate “maybe if you expla-“

“Never mind” Kai cut me off as Suho paced in distress “Just… just go to your room.”

For some r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter