Collateral Damage

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Collateral Damage

The next morning was strange for a number of reasons: Sehun was still here, Kai didn’t shout at me when I used the last tea bag-he seemed to be drinking something stronger- and Suho was literally covered in blood. He always seemed to be to be honest but today was different; it was his own blood – came from his nose – not some random dude’s.

I sat on the sofa as the deathly silence around me continued. I swore a fight must have gone on but couldn’t be sure as I had practically heard nothing last night thanks to the heavy doors in the old building we lived in, not forgetting the fact, those boys could be very quiet when they wanted to and I figured it was best to give it up after a while. The only hints I was getting were the few glances exchanged between the three, mostly depicting anger at the prince and anxiety between the two others.

“_________.” I suddenly heard my name mentioned and jumped at the chance to destroy this deathly silence.  I felt like my ears were at risk of imploding from all the pressure in the air around us.

“ye?”

“Can… can you pack your stuff.” My roommate timidly requested of me, it was unsettling; it want like Kai to be reticent about anything. He was a confident out going person and most certainly not scared of me.

I furrowed my eyebrows “Jeez Kai I know we don’t get on but isn’t that a bit much?”

He shook his head as tensions grew and he seemed to be even more uncomfortable in his skin, again, weird. “It’s too dangerous here now.” He commented as if not talking about out quaint university flat.

I scoffed whilst getting to my feet; I wasn’t sticking around to get chucked out “Dangerous? Yeah sure.”

I could almost hear Kai’s obsidian eyes roll in their sockets yet Sehun was the one with something to say now despite not having a single damn right for many reasons.  “_______,  How can you be so dismissive? Just this week you’ve been nearly -“

“No thanks to you!”

“- Attacked by an inbred princess and nearly sold!” Sehun ignored my interjection; he knew what he had done and wasn’t about to dress it up as something it wasn’t yet Suho and I still had objections.

“PRINCESS?”

“SOLD?”

Kai rose an eyebrow, Surly someone must have told Suho at some point, right? That surly couldn’t have gone unmentioned.  “Eunmi… you know?”

Suho shook his head, bellowing “I know nothing!” before turning to me “You met Eunmi?”

I shrugged and ignored this path of conversation, if I had or hadn’t got attacked by a crazy royal was none of Suho’s business right now; I wanted to know who was selling me… and to who! “Sold? Who sold me.”

Kai sighed and came to sit over on the sofa, he was still dressed in the clothes he worse yesterday and reeked of alcohol. Sehun however had stripped to his underwear, depicting the fact he must have slept. Even now the sight of his milky white body was haunting. I shivered slightly. “No one is selling you.” He reassured before his hands ran through his thick, black hair in stress. “No thanks to him.”

Suho was shot a look of disgust to where he was sat at the table, drinking the origin of Kai’s pungent, alcoholic smell.  “Just… Just shut up. Don’t act like this was easy for me.”

“What?” I voiced once again yet went ignored as usual.

“You made it seem easy enough!” Sehun jumped in as he threw a random shirt on… it was my shirt… it took him a good minuet to realise he was wearing a crop-top and swap it for another. If I was in another place at another time I would have laughed yet the pressure was restricting such light hearted play.

Suho objected persistently “Well its irrelevant now!”  He got up in a huff and chucked the bottle of god-knows-what in the bin before staring out the window as if trying to forget all his troubles in a very cliché manner.

“What?” I tried again and was overlooked once more. By now Sehun had stolen a whole outfit. Actually, he was still waring some of my clothes, tracksuit bottoms this time yet he didn’t seem to notice and I didn’t give a enough to tell him.

“Sehun and I made our decision; you either respect that or man up and help out by joining!” Kai suddenly laid down the cards as if he was now in charge. Frankly, he seemed to be doing the best in the current situation anyway.

“I’m not joining! It’s gross!” Suho squealed as if someone asked him to touch a slug.

“We know,  but Kai already kissed him… so that’s half the battle over.” Sehun mentioned before the whole conversation turned to :

“Eww~ don’t remind me!”

“that’s not half the battle Sehun, its mealy the start, you are such a kid.”

“No I’m not!”

“yes you are!”

“not!”

My eyes batted back and forth, I didn’t know what was happening and couldn’t even begin to imagine.

Kai kissed who?

Why?

Why would Suho join?

What decisions did kai and Sehun make?

It all seemed very exasperating and they were still arguing. I was out.

Despite being in my pyjamas I hastily marched over to the door and swung it open ready to leave, I’d already left the house almost I wasn’t about to withhold from doing so now.

“Hey... Where are you going?”  Kai requested as he took a break from the fight for a mere second.

“Yixing’s.”

He looked baffled yet triumphant “Yeah, that’s right you are!”

I rolled my eyes… what a dork.

***

I loved campus early on a weekend; no one was ever out and I was free to ponder and observe the surrounding area without the danger of running into one of the boy’s fangirls. I had no idea what they did become so popular, sure they were all hot but personality wise, well, lack thereof being the problem.  At a stretch Baekhyun was rather funny, as were Chanyeol and Chen but the others were total psychos, Xiumin and D.O. were constantly irate and Sehun and Kai were pissy to say the least. Suho? I have never been clear on my feelings towards him.

As I made my way up to Yixing and Luhan’s I was met with an unexpected but familiar face. There in the door way, right before my nose was D.O. I froze.

“Ah, hey.” He cumbersomely recognised me as I stood before him. We were at that awkward point in acquaintance where we knew each other rather well so had to great one another but still had little in common.

“hi.” What to say. What to say. “I didn’t know you live in this building.”

D.O. went kind of silent “I don’t” he explained without having to say much more as the faint lipstick marks on his cheek become apparent and I wished I hadn’t noticed. Thinking of him in such a way was truly gross to me… like, I think I puked a little. In addition to this, I would like to think better of my best friends love interest than a sleazy womaniser.

“ah~” I sighed “had fun?”

He shook his head as he uncomfortably shifted his weight from foot to foot “think I caught something; she looked crusty.”

Served him right, what did Chloe see in him? He was a total … “You still had with her though?”

He nodded, not in the least shamed “she was hot…”

I gagged as a smirk grew on his face. I couldn’t lie, I loved to see Do Kyungsoo smile; due to the hate he had for me any positivity was genuine and therefore made situations easily interpreted. When Suho smirked anything could be on his damn mind.

“I’m actually just on my way to your’s, is everything okay? Sehun called a few times last night?”

I shrugged not really having anything much to add to D.O.’s knowledge, besides, this small talk was kind of strange…  “Some dude showed up, SeungRi?”

D.O.’s wide eyes gaped even more so at the mention yet his initial shock was soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter