6 months 1 day

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guilt

“You’ve been tense since yesterday bae, what’s up?” Kai asked as he climbed back into bed, this time holding a plate of toast and a cup of tea. I looked away from my ‘new’ phone that I held so anxiously in my hand knowing that Kai must have noticed it wasn’t mine. The boy must have thought I’ve been dealing something!

“Oh-“ I bit my lower lip “-It’s just lessons you know.”

Seriously, I don’t know if Kai believed that or not; I wouldn’t have, it was a rubbish excuse for a rubbish situation. I needed to tell Kai what BigBang had posed to me, he would sort it out right? Or would he worry, get angry and get himself hurt? The possibilities regarding him getting damaged were too high and I couldn’t risk doing that to someone… not Kai at least.

Kai smiled sympathetically as he sweetly placed his thick lips on my forehead and positioned the plate of toast on the bedside table. “I have early class.” He told “Meet me in the café for lunch?”

I nodded, evidently distracted and feeling all the worse for it. I knew I couldn’t keep a guy like Kai if I constantly shut him out; Kai was the sort of dude who will reciprocate emotions pretended to him: If I ignored him, he would ignore me and our relationship would disintegrate before our very eyes.

I regrettably watched him slip through the door waring his tracksuit bottoms and a tank top I stole for Sehun last month. It was a communal tank top, having belonged to Xiumin before Sehun too. In this instant I realised I had made some valuable friends, valuable friends with valuable clothing…

From: Chanyeol <3
Are you still up for today?

I narrowed my eyes at my phone, having a totally free day today I must have agreed to do something – ah, I knew. I laid back down on my bed; I had totally forgotten about helping Chanyeol with his new project and I had a feeling Yixing had too.

To: Xing
Dude.

To: Chanyeol <3
yes! Yes, I will get Yixing (he has all the photos) and be over for 9 xx

From: Xing
Wut?

To: Yixing
We need to go to Chanyeol’s  for the KrisHo scrapbook!

From: Chanyeol <3
Oh, he is already here XD

From: Chanyeol <3
And its 10:30…

No it wasn’t, was it? The clock in this room couldn’t be wrong because I had been going off of it for the last two months when Kai put it up. I glanced to the small clock at the top corner of my phone and shot out of my bed. That big- clock that took out the whole east wall was two hours wrong… why did Kai set it two hours wrong? How could he?
I cursed as I stuck one leg through a pair of tracksuit bottoms that may or may not have been my own and slipped on a top that was definitely not mine. I sneered, wondering what Kai thought he was doing leaving his clothes on my side of the cloth pile. Still, there is a picture of him I keep as my lock screen constantly because, even if I don’t say it enough, I do love him. Maybe that is why I can’t tell him anything and I couldn’t help but feel guilty as a text lit up my screen and thus Kai’s face.

From: Xing
Ha! You thought.

I did think; Yixing was always late, he couldn’t really blame me.

Roommate

“So why should I consider you’re application to be my new roommate?” Baekhyun asked as he interviewed the first of a long line of applicants in first period. He was meant to be in his theoretical drama class, but Shakespeare; Shakespeare didn’t pay his rent.

“Well, primarily, I’m a tidy person, I cook reasonably well and don’t stay out for long hours. All my friends are A class bell ends so I won’t be throwing parties and I’m a generally okay person. Secondly, I’M YOUR FREAKING BOYFRIEND BAEKHYUN, LET ME MOVE IN!” 

Baekhyun shook his head as he jotted some words in his pukka pad, from what Luhan could see it read “has a temper.” Yet upside down reading wasn’t Luhan’s strong point.

This was the first of many times this exact question was asked to many different people throughout the long day:

“So Kris-“

“So Tao-“

“So D.O.-“

“So Xiumin-“

“Cheny?-“

“- why do you want to move in with the amazingly y Byun Baekhyun?!”

Much to Baek’s surprise all of the reasons held were less than valid and left him low-key salty; they didn’t revolve around him nearly as much as they should have and really forced him to wonder why he wasn’t expanding his search past his dopey friends:

“Zitao and Sehun keep fighting in my kitchen, I come home to a full on food fight on the daily! I can’t keep up with them anymore, and our flat is too small for two 6ft people plus another when Sehun’s flat drops in every other day for round n – and I head from Chen that you just got a popcorn machine.”

“Baekhyun, we are best friends right? Plus Anita and Julie just moved in together and we can’t be upstaged by those hoe’s.” Baekhyun jotted this down as a valid point on Tao’s page “And a little birdy told me you came into possession of a popcorn machine recently…” 

“Xiumin keeps inviting these twats from pledis round and I swear if the tall one asks for money anymore I’ll end up saying no, I don’t even know them, I thought they were our rivals!” Baekhyun knew which one D.O. meant; Mingyu was just trying to make friends though, he was pretty harmless… and hot “Also I want in on the popcorn machine situation.”

“D.O. keeps inviting these pledis kids round and they eat all our food and make us watch their baby videos that they call 17TV, I need to move out before I go crazy! Who even are they?” Baekhyun supressed laughter as he wrote: ‘Kyungmin have a pest infestation’ under both of their names “And I heard something mentioned about a popcorn machine, is that a thing? Because I want it to be a thing.”

“Chen… I asked you a question?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter