'Football'

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Football'

I arrived at the football field I didn’t even know we had and scanned the area for anyone I knew. Sure enough the first person I spotted was Kris with his amazon height, Sehun and Tao were beside him. I huffed; I wasn’t objecting to their new found friendship yet didn’t understand how they could go from hate to… to sharing a coffee (!) that fast.

“You okay?” Chloe quizzed “You look kinda constipated.”

“Thanks…”

“welcome.” She commented before dragging me towards the boys.

The two of us weren’t noticed until the last second and even seemed to give Sehun a little fright – good; if he hurt Tao I would skin him, he needs to fear me. “What’s going on?” I offhandedly commented “You’re all being weird… weirder than usual.”

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I asked as turned to see my roommate; of course he was here “Luhan and Baekhyun are having some sort of football duel.”  He mentioned as he sipped his drink, standing around like a parent at their child’s match. “I’m routing Baekhyun, obviously.”

I lowered my brow “Team Luhan.”

“Respectively.” Kai offered “Let’s not fall out over this though; we have too much of a good thing going.” He winked as I blushed and the group looked on in confusion. Kai seemed to notice the stares and voiced his plans to go help Suho and Chen with the rest of the drinks. “Oh, by the way” I acknowledged him once more “I told Yixing… accidently.” The tall Korean ran before I could kill him.

How does one accidently tell someone else about hooking up with their best friend! I scowled as I sat on the grass between Kris and Chloe on the former’s coat.  Yixing was refereeing seeing as he was ‘too high to be biased’ according to Luhan, it was a good point to be honest.

Everyone seemed to be getting really into it as Yixing started the ‘match’ – aka. Penalty shoot outs – by dropping his bandanna as if he was starting a car race. I rolled my eyes. I needed to go clear up my Kai ordeal with Yixing and Kai himself alike, however Kai was over on the Baekhyun cheering side which, seeing as how many people he pissed off on the daily, wasn’t too popular.  Still, there were enough crazy fan girls to out cheer the whole USA if need be.

“I thought they were cool now.” I voiced.

Kris shrugged “They’re never cool… in fact I think they are the least chill people I know.”  Kris’s eyes were heavy with fatigue; he was either bored of Baeklu’s shenanigans or had been kept up last night. (?)

I nodded and suddenly remembered Chloe and my previous question “What’s Luhan study?”

“And is D.O. straight?” Chloe added quickly. She seemed to be staring at him from our side of the field.

A concerned look took over my face “that too.”

Kris shrugged, disregarding both questions as a shrill scream came from Yixing as Luhan kicked a ball square in Baekhyun’s face.  I heard a few cheers too yet dwelling on those too much wound be rude. “To Baekhyun’s credit that was a good save.” Tao commented as he came up behind us, with Sehun…  again…  

I watched Kris’s expression drop “Can you guys be apart for one second? Sehun was round all night Tao!”

“No he wasn’t. Shut up Yifan.”

Kris sighed; Tao and Sehun were not a good couple for two reasons in his opinion. One: they belonged to different groups of people who happened to clash, Two: they were two of kind and clashed in themselves… awfully. They brought out the worst in each other, obsessed about the same things, hated the same things, moaned about the same things. The last few days had been bedlam for the Canadian. Still, they brought out the best in each other too, but this went un-noticed.

Sehun seemed to find no problem in sacrificing his relationship with Baekhyun and took a seat on the ‘We love Luhan’ side (the sign was Yixing idea obviously). Meanwhile Luhan was celebrating a win, running around the green pitch shirtless and screaming. We all laughed and hid our confusion; we had never seen Luhan so… so sincerely happy.  He was never happier than when beating Baekhyun.

“What’s all this about anyway?” Chloe finally asked, I had been wondering too but didn’t know if it was worth the explanation.

“Luhan wouldn’t give Baekhyun one of his quavers, Baekhyun got angry and called Luhan’s sports skills , Luhan is proving him wrong.” Tao answered as if he had done so several times previously.

I was never one for sport but even I could tell Luhan was a pro, this spiked interest “Does anyone here know what Luhan studies?” I looked around as everyone either shrugged or shook their heads.

“I thought he was a teacher.” Tao offered in a blaze manner.

“Tao… Luhan is like 12.” Kris serviced.

“true.”

It was strange that Luhan had managed to go incognito for so long. How does one keep up a friendship with three other people without ever telling them what they are studying? In my experience its standard small talk to discuss degrees.  “Does Yixing know?”

Chloe obnoxiously laughed “Yixing doesn’t know his two times tables let alone anything else!”

She was right.

“Then no one knows?” Sehun requested looking slightly uneasy; he was a class A over thinker and honestly his brain was working overtime on Luhan ghost theories right now.

 Luhan looked so at peace, even innocent as he played on the field. We all watched him from a far judging his every move; maybe if he was a ghost we could find evidence through his movement. Everyone around me was just as engrossed as Yixing continued to cheer next to the goal where Baekhyun was getting tortured ball after ball.  “I never really thought about it much.” Kris suddenly stated with a tremble in his voice. “Maybe he’s a ghost?”

We were all thinking it. “That’s my guess.” Sehun deadpanned with all seriousness.

Chloe, Tao and I nodded “I think we have a call to make.” the tall Chinese stated as he got to his feet and straightened out his shirt. The air was still cold and there was dew in the moist air yet we had forgotten the discomforts as our problems skyrocketed.

“Who we gonna call?” Kris asked in confusion.

Sehun was the next to get to his feet. He stared at the three of us that remained on the floor and then took Tao’s hand in his own. His war stance was present and I hadn’t even seen him this worked up when all the YG stuff was going on in our front room. Obviously, Tao snatched his hand away immediately but the tension still loomed “Ghost busters.”

I raised an eyebrow as I snapped out of my dumbness trance… by more dumbness. Beside me Kris nodded to confirm his agreement. I swung my arm and slapped his stomach – oo~ abs – to show my disapproval.

During our freak out none of us had noticed Luhan, Baekhyun and Yixing making their way over to our group, it seemed the Baeklu face off was over with a clear winner as Baekhyun stomped right through us almost trampling on Kris as Sehun caught his arm.

“Dude slow down.” Sehun demanded, side eyeing Luhan in suspicion “We-“ Sehun gulped “-need to talk.”

Tao nodded as Luhan flopped down on the ground and everyone flinched with very real fear.

“Luhan… is a ghost.” Tao whispered in Baekhyun’s general direction.  The short Korean screwed up his face in utter resentment for absolutely everything around. Luhan wasn’t a ghost; Luhan ate shed loads of food and didn’t drip ectoplasm, everyone knows ghosts have ectoplasm.

“No he’s not!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter