Reconciliation?

First Month Of Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reconciliation?

“How could you forget?” Minji screeched as she sat with Kai on the sofa, I brought her a cup of tea and sat down next to Chen who had apparently arrived with Chanyeol after waking up at 11 am, realising the phone had been going all night due to a worried Sehun’s calls.

“I…didn’t” Everyone looked at Kai as he aimlessly scanned the room for an excuse or some help from the rest of us. Minji had been at him for forgetting her birthday for a good 10 minutes now and the situation was way more awkward than the rest of us could bare, In addition, there were bigger things going on right now and listening to Minji was very burdensome. Kai had to continue as no one offered help “…I’ve planned a surprise” We all sighed at Kai’s stupidity, shaking our heads and rolling our eyes , how was he expectation to pull this one off exactly? Still, the Korean boy seemed to know what he was doing and thus got to his feet and baked towards the door “in fact, Suho is out helping prepare right now.”

By now Sehun and D.O. were at their pre-shoed feet and Xiumin had come back from the bathroom to see three of his friends trying to escape and thus became the fourth.

Chanyeol took one look at Minji’s crying eyes and grabbed Chen’s arm before pulling his friend up ”Oh~ ~ we forgot to do our thing.”

Chen looked Yeol in the eyes “Oh~ damn. You’re right… we should go do that~”

The two idiots fled out the door swiftly followed by Kai and the gang, leaving me in shock on the sofa opposite Minji. “Um…” I hummed to myself as I tapped my fingers on the coffee table, still shaken about what happened with Suho in all honesty, contemplating what to do next; I couldn’t just leave her. She was a and I wasn’t even that nice of a person yet I still couldn’t ditch someone like that. I was twice the person any of those boys were.

The pretty girl before me set down the tea that she never thanked me for and sighed  as the door slammed and an air of finality set in “Kai-“ she suppressed more tears and wiped her nose, grasping the dignity she had left as if clutching at straws “-He, isn’t coming back, is he.”

I looked up at her as if to say ‘you’re talking to me?’ but no one else was in the room, of course she was. The confirmation that we were now in conversation did not help; I didn’t even know what to say to her; I didn’t know what went through the head of any of these boys, still, I had a sneaky suspicion that Kim Kai had done a runner.

I subtly shrugged, sorrow in my light eyes as sympathy took over my sentiments “I… I don’t think so.” 

She looked to her lap and started to cry silently once more, I could see the shimmer of tears in her black eyes and felt sorry for some reason or other. I knew that if the situation was on me she wouldn’t give a but I still felt bad for her. God knows why.

“People think I have it all.” She suddenly began to talk, rummaging through her bag, avoiding eye contact with me and grabbing a mirror out of sheer vanity.  “I’m pretty, rich, have a damn hot boyfriend who also happens to be one of the most skilled dancers nationwide.”

I rolled my eyes as she spoke, always complaining, always talking about herself and backwardly getting at how amazing she happened to be. Yeah, I got it, Minji was a goddess but did she really have to drill it in so hard?

“But it’s not that simple.” She proclaimed putting the mirror down and looking at me directly for the first time- maybe- ever.

I furrowed my eyebrows masking my uncomfortable stance with confusion “How so?”

She seemed to shake her head at me before lighting a , I wanted to tell her not to smoke in my home yet it didn’t really matter at the end of the day; everyone else did.  “You’re so naïve.”

I scowled, I was anything but naïve, she wouldn’t know that though because she had never bothered to talk to me properly “You don’t know how it is for me being in a relationship like this.”

I stayed silent in fear of saying something rash.

Tears welled up in her eyes again as he took a drag on the cigarette and exhaled the smoke shakily “All I ever wanted was for him to love me, like really love me, like I love him.”  She paused and gathered herself “He doesn’t care for me, I wonder if he even merely likes me sometimes.”

 I frowned as she poured out her heart of insecurities and felt like such a . I felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on me. I felt tiny. Stupid. Mean. I felt so, so mean.  I had been so sure she was bad for Kai, Suho had been so sure he needed rid of her, we had seriously tried to split them up with our selfish shenanigans and didn’t even consider what it would do to her all because she was too paranoid about her boy of a boyfriend. All the time I spent contemplating about myself being so rotten, I left Minji in silence. As I didn’t even attempt reply she seemed to continue speaking.

“He likes you though.” She declared rather surly much to my surprise.

“Wh-what?”

Minji nodded “I’ve seen the way he looks at you, the way he smiles when you say speak – even though you talk 24/7” I tried not to take offence, now wasn’t the time “I see his eyes fall out of their sockets when you walk around in your pissin’ short-shorts and blasted vest-tops, I’ve seen him look at you how he should look at me ________, it hurts.” She bowed her head and looked to her feet “It hurts so much.”

I didn’t even flinch the whole time; I was glued in place and shocked. When I could manage something it was powered by utter denial “That is not true and you know it.” I know Kai loved Minji; he told me just that week, when Eunmi and herself hurt me and he couldn’t even be angry at the frickin’ .

The Korean girl scoffed “Whatever.” And sat back on the sofa “They’re all the same.”

I was confused thus sat forwards as she tapped the cigarette and ash fell to the ground much to my disgust “who are?”

“All the boys, they look at you just as Kai does.”

It was my turn to laugh; I knew for a fact that wasn’t true. I wasn’t some object of admiration among the group I was but ‘collateral damage’ “Suho doesn’t” I huffed as if I cared.  I didn’t for the record. Maybe.

This spiked Minji’s attention as she sat up straight once more seemingly forgetting about her qualms with Kai momentarily. “You like him, huh?” I Knew right that second that I had said way too much thus calculated my next move carefully.

“We’re dating.” I reminded her in a vague attempt to pass what she was asking off as obvious without having to actually admit it. The whole situation was too ambiguous for labels to be honest yet such labels were still easier to pin that actual feelings. Feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter