An Offer

A Contract Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park’s Residence…

 

After the parent-teacher conference day ended, Park Shin Hye and Ok Taec Yeon left the school together. Taec Yeon just came back from US with his father this morning and came straight to the school when Shin Hye’s mother told him she was there. He wanted to rush over to see her as soon as he landed but his mother wanted to have lunch with him. He couldn’t reject his mother and have no choice but to delay his meeting with Shin Hye to the afternoon. He called her right after the lunch was over but she didn’t pick up his call. Without wasting anymore time, he drove to her house and later found that she was in the school.

It was almost 6pm already when they leave the school and Taec Yeon brought Shin Hye to an expensive Italian food restaurant to have dinner. Even though the atmosphere was very romantic, both were deep in their own thoughts. They were very quiet throughout the dinner and neither of them was able to focus. After the fight they had at Taec Yeon’s house three weeks ago, they didn’t see each other since then and their relationship had became awkward in a sudden.

Besides the problems she had with Taec Yeon, Shin Hye’s mind was clouded with the image of Lee Min Ho. No matter how she tried to concentrate on his boyfriend, her mind just wouldn’t comply. The intense encounter was still raw in her mind. That dangerous man who was her student’s father has remind her so much about the silver bangle boy that she met fourteen years ago. Are they the same person? She wasn’t sure but the familiar feeling and the similarity had already shaken her peaceful life. And those words that he said before he left scares her. What does he mean about the discussion is not over yet? And he even said they would meet again very soon. She doesn’t understand and his words made her heart a mess.  

After they have done taken their dinner, Taec Yeon sent Shin Hye home and stopped his car outside her house. He turned to her and stared at her cautiously. “Can I go in with you? I just came back from US today and we have not seen each other for three weeks. And… I should at least go in to greet your mother.”

Shin Hye looked at him, hesitating before she replied. “It’s late now. Eomma should have already sleeping by now.” She paused and let out a light smile. “You just came back this morning after a long hour flight. I’m sure you are very tired. You should go back and rest. I’ll tell eomma you say hi.” She said and unfastened the seatbelt at the same time.

“Good night.” She said very softly and taking one last look at him, she opened the door and exited the car.

Taec Yeon sighed helplessly as he quickly gets out of the car too. He walked to her and held her arm, stopping her from leaving. He inhaled a deep breath and looked at Shin Hye. “Tomorrow is Sunday. Both of us are not working. It’s only 8.30pm now. It’s not that late yet. I want to stay longer with you.” And without giving Shin Hye a chance to protest, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her very tightly.

“I miss you…” He whispered into her ear.

Shin Hye’s body went stiff and her arms were by her side. She didn’t struggle nor hug him back and just stood in his arms without saying anything. The feeling she was having now is complicated and indescribable. She doesn’t know how she feels about him, about their relationship anymore.

When Taec Yeon didn’t get a response from her after a long moment, he tightened his arms around her. “Did you miss me when I was away?” He asked expectantly. He has a bad feeling that something is wrong between them, like she is slowly slipping away from him.

Did I miss him?

Shin Hye kept asking herself silently but she couldn’t find an answer for it. She was worried about him when she knows that he went to US. She was worried that he doesn’t know how to take care of himself and get sick. She was worried that he is too busy with work and skips his meal. She called him every day to check on him and make sure he was okay. But… she felt so much more relax when he was not around. She guiltily doesn’t feel the urge or desire to see him. She just feels more peaceful when she doesn’t need to worry when she needs to have a battle with his parents again.

A deep breathy sigh escaped her lips as she pulled herself away from him and took a step backward. She slowly held her head up and looked into his eyes. “Can we not talk about this tonight? I’m tired.”

Taec Yeon got panicked with what she said and quickly stepped forward to hold her arms again. He was afraid to let her go, even for a second. “I know you are still angry with what my mother said that day and…”

“No.” Shin Hye cut him off. “I’m not angry with you mother.” She paused and inhaled a deep breath. Both of them were tired tonight and she really doesn’t want to discuss about their problems now. But since he brought it up again, she shouldn’t avoid it anymore. “I just feel disappointed with you.”

Taec Yeon’s brows creased in confusion. Disappointed with him? “What did I do?”

Shin Hye looked at him for a short moment and chuckled sadly. Until now, he still doesn’t aware of the problems between them. “The problem is… you didn’t do anything.” She swallowed hard and looked deeply into his eyes. “Every time when your parents finding faults on me, you will just keep quiet and agreed with them. You didn’t support me when I tried so hard to explain myself.”

Taec Yeon’s brows furrowed deeper and became even more confuse now. “I don’t understand. When did I… I mean… I always support whatever you do.”

Shin Hye heaved a deep sigh and averted her gaze. “I understand everybody have different perceptions and I never force anybody to accept what I think it was right. What I want… is just a basic respect.” She said as she looked back at him again. “We have been together for so many years but what have our relationship achieve so far? We were still standing at the same spot without any progression. We don’t even have the most basic understanding between us.”

“How much does you know about me? How well does we know about each other?” She added. “Do you know why I love to be a teacher? I like to teach but it doesn’t mean I want to be a professor or something greater. If I want a more successful career or… earn a lot of money, I would not have chosen this path in the first place. I love to be an elementary school teacher because I love children. I love their innocence, their childishness, and their pureness. I love this job and I enjoy every bit of it.”

She bit her bottom lip and stared into his eyes. “I don’t mind how low your mother look down on my job because she is my elder and I have to respect her. But you are my boyfriend. You should understand me better than them. I don’t expect you to fight with your parents because of me. I just hope that you could… once a while stand up for me and support me. I feel like… I’m all alone when I’m having a battle with them.”

“Of course I support you.” Taec Yeon explained as he tightened his grip around her arms. “I have never questioned your decision to do anything because I trust you. But… but I don’t want to upset my parents either. I mean… after we got married, we will all become a family. We can slowly make them understand and accept you. We just need to hold on for a little longer. They will slowly understand.”

“No, they won’t.” Shin Hye shook her head, disagreed with him. She sank her teeth deeper into her bottom lip as her eyes started to pool with tears. “Because in their mind, I’m not enough. I’m not good enough for you. I’ll never be good enough, no matter what I say or what I do.”

Taec Yeon shook his head vigorously as he pulled her closer to him. “I love you… and my parents will love you too. They…” He paused and inhaled a sharp breath before he continued. “… they just need more time to fully accept you and they will slowly understand. We just need to be patient and give them more time. We need to…”

“I’m very tired.” Shin Hye cut him off as she held her head low, looking away from him. “I’m tired of pretending to be another person in front of them. I’m tired of feeling pressured and feel like I’m having a battle every time I meet them.” She paused and slowly met his eyes again. “I’m tired of being humiliated and my boyfriend will never stand by my side. I feel very tired… tired with this relationship.”

The grip on Shin Hye’s arms slowly loosened as Taec Yeon slowly let go of her arms and pulled away. He looked at her with a sad and disappointed gaze. “W-What… what is that supposed to mean?” He asked in a shaky voice.

Shin Hye looked into his helpless eyes and bit her lip harder. There was a moment of silence before she finally spoke again. “I need some time apart from you… to think things through.”

Taec Yeon clenched his fists and darted his eyes at her. “Does it mean…” He inhaled sharply. “… we are over?”

Shin Hye held his gaze and there was another silence. “I… I didn’t say that.” A deep and heavy sigh escaped her lips. “I just need time to think about our relationship and… think what is the best for both of us.” A tear slowly rolled down her cheeks. She knows it’s very cruel and heartless but she can’t do this anymore. She doesn’t want to waste time and pretend that everything is okay when it’s not.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

Taec Yeon parted his lip, averted his gaze as he took another sharp intake of breath. He doesn’t want to let her go. He doesn’t want to lose her. But he knows his mother was a hurdle to their relationship. He always knows about it but he just chose to avoid because he thought Shin Hye would understand. But it turns out that the one who doesn’t understand is him, not her. Maybe giving her time to calm herself down will be the best solution for them now.

He moved his gaze back to Shin Hye as she slowly took a step forward and held her hand in his. “I’ll give you as much time as you need but I’ll never let you go.” He paused and pulled her into his embrace again. “I love you… and I believe we can work this through.”

Shin Hye rested her chin on his shoulder as her hand slowly moved to his waist and hugged him back. “Thank you.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Go Ara’s Apartment…

 

After Min Ho left the school, instead of going home as what he planned earlier, he instructed the driver to send him back to the office. He drowned himself into work in an attempt to distract his clouded mind but it just doesn’t seem to work. He doesn’t understand why he couldn’t focus on anything at all. His mood had gone bad since he came back from the school and Park Shin Hye’s face kept his mind fully occupied. Her voice kept ringing in his ears and her addictive scent was all over his senses.

He started to hate this woman even more. He hate the way she make him feel even when he knows her motive of getting close to him. He hates this kind of unsettled feeling but he forced himself to deny the fact of Shin Hye was the cause of this. He keep convincing himself that his bad temper was caused by his heavy work load in the last two weeks and he doesn’t have the time to release himself. He needs to find something… or better someone to distract his ty mind. So, he decided to call Go Ara.

Go Ara was so happy when she received his call and he even told her that he is coming to her apartment now. This was the first time he call her and wanted to meet up without her finding a way to seduce him. She felt like she just hit a jackpot and the distance to get what she wants is getting closer.

The moment Min Ho entered her apartment; he didn’t even give her a chance to speak. He grabbed her nape, kicking the door closed with his leg and pinned Ara against the wall harshly.

He captured her lips mercilessly, sliding his tongue against her lips that she parted immediately to grant his access. Their tongues were swirling sensuously as they moaned into each other’s mouth. His grip at the back of her head tightened, tilted her head and deepened the kiss.

An unsatisfied groan escaped Min Ho’s throat when the taste he got from was not the one he wanted. He pulled away and trailed his lips down to her neck, nipping the sensitive skin. And again, it’s not the feeling that he thought he would get.

But on the other hand, Ara was fully mesmerized and satisfied by him. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, pressing herself as close as possible against his chest. She kept arching her body towards him as her hands doing its job to seduce him with her sensual touch. She felt his arms around her waist tightened as her feet left the ground the next second. He carried her up and making their way to her bedroom.

Min Ho threw her onto the bed without any gentleness as he pulled his coat off and undid the buttons of his shirt. With his shirt still on, he hovered on top of Ara and started to undress her. At the same time, his lips were attacking her neck down to her chest. But no matter how hard he tried to release all his sensual desire on her, he just doesn’t feel satisfied. Something is lacking.

He inhaled a sharp breath and doesn’t allow himself to think anymore. He needs to drown and lose himself in this woman. But just when his hand travelled down to her thigh, suddenly, Shin Hye’s voice echoed in his ears.

~~~~~

“Lee Hyun Jun doesn’t like to mix around with other children and he especially hates the girls in the school. He hates girls because he thinks all the girls put makeup, wear perfume and wear revealing clothes. He thinks that all those girls were trying to seduce his father.”  

~~~~~

Min Ho clenched his jaw, forcing himself to ignore the hallucination voice in his head and continue with what he was doing. He closed his eyes tightly as his lips and nipped the flesh on Ara’s neck, causing her to scream for his name.

~~~~~

“As his father… how well does you know about your son? Mr Lee, I hope you understand that educating a child is not something easy. As his father, you should set a good example for him and shouldn’t give him an impression that money could settle everything because it doesn’t. Not everything can be settled with money.”

~~~~~

A deep groan escaped his throat as his mind was battling against the voice in his head. He forced himself to focus on the woman beneath him. But just when his nose buried into the crook of Ara’s neck, a strong flower scent of perfume intrude his nose and brought him back to his rational senses. The smell was so strong and it was not the scent that he wanted it to be.

All his movement stopped immediately, leaving a volatile stillness in its wake. He slowly pulled back and looked at the woman who was lying beneath him. He took a detailed study on her face and the tiny bit of desire he had earlier vanished instantly. Ara’s face was covered with makeup, powder all over her face, black eyeliner, eye shadow that circled around her eyes. The sight of her unnatural beauty suddenly nauseated him. So this was what Hyun Jun mean of colour-faced witch. He chuckled silently.

He then pulled away from her and rolled himself to the other side of the bed, leaving a dumbfounded Ara with her eyes widened in shock. What just happened? He was so aggressive and hungry for her just now, but why everything stopped in a sudden? What did she do wrong that make him stop?

Min Ho hissed in annoyance as he covered his eyes with his arm. His breathing is still ragged while he tried to calm himself down with several deep inhales. But nothing seems to change. His mood was still ty; his mind was unsettled and full with the face of that woman. The image of Ok Taec Yeon holding her hand irritates him further. He realized that going to meet her today was a bad idea.

Ara bit her lower lip and carefully turned her body to the side, facing him. “What’s wrong?” She asked cautiously. “Did I… do anything wrong?”

There was no reply from him for a long moment before he opened his eyes. He heaved a deep breath and turned to Ara, staring at her beautiful face for another moment. She is pretty to look at… but he wasn’t sure when all those makeups were washed away, how does her real face will be.    

“Why do you have to wear makeup even at home?” The question slipped out from his mouth without him realizing it.

Ara was caught off guard and doesn’t know what to say. Makeup? The problem was her makeup? Did her makeup ruined and affected his desire on her? But she checked and makes sure she look perfect before he arrived. And that question; why does she have to wear makeup even at home? It has never been a question to her. Makeup has been a part of her life. It’s just like wearing clothes, eating food or sleeping. It’s a must.

Min Ho held her confused gaze as his lips slowly curled up in a small smirk. She will never understand what he was trying to ask because he doesn’t understand himself either. He was acting very weirdly and he knows who cause him to be like this.

Taking a deep breath, Min Ho pulled himself into a sitting positing and buttoned his shirt. He put his coat on and stood up of the bed.

“Where are you going?” Ara asked anxiously.

He walked to the door and held the doorknob very tightly. Coming here was a mistake. He thought she could help to distract him but it turns out to be a wake up call for him. What he needs now is something more important that could make him focus and concentrate. Going home now wouldn’t help. Going back to his office was a failed plan either. The only thing he could do now is stay away from this place and the new project in Japan will be his best solution. He can fly to Japan’s branch and calm himself there.

Without turning around to look at Ara, Min Ho just threw her three simple words before he walked out.

“We are over.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yongsan International Elementary School…

 

Two days has passed when Shin Hye returned to school the next Monday. As usual, after the class was over, she stood at the doorway, waved her goodbyes to the students and sees them out. After everyone left, she walked back to the table in the middle of the classroom and sat there, staring mindlessly at the student’s exercise books.

Hyun Jun who was still in the class noticed her strange behaviour. He was sitting there waiting for Shin Hye to approach him but she didn’t. She was very weird today. She didn’t smile like she used to be every time she teaches in the class. And the strangest part was every time after all the students left, she will surely walk to him and brings him to the cafeteria for a drink. But today, she just sat there as if he is invisible.

Throughout the weekend, Hyun Jun has been very impatient and anxious to meet her today to ask her about the conference on last Saturday. He waited for his father to come home but he just called and told him that he have something very urgent to be done and will fly to Japan for a business trip. He will only be back tonight. He didn’t even give him a chance to ask whether he attended the conference or not.

Without wasting time to wait for her to notice him, he took his bag and slung it over his shoulders before walking towards Shin Hye. He stopped in front of the table, looking at her for a moment but she still couldn’t see him and was still in her deep thoughts. Pouting his lips adorably, he shouted at her.

“Seonsaeng-nim!”

Shin Hye was startled with the sudden voice as she looked up at Hyun Jun with a shocked expression. “Y-Yah, why are you shouting at me? And… and why are you still here? The class has over.”

Hyun Jun sighed exasperatedly as he pointed at his watch. “My driver haven’t come yet, remember?”

Shin Hye glanced down at her watch too and realized the class has just over a while ago and recalled that Hyun Jun’s driver wouldn’t come so early. Her mind was tangled and totally messed up with the problems between her and Taec Yeon. She has been behaving very strangely since Saturday and couldn’t think straight.

She took a deep breath, letting out an embarrass smile and looked at Hyun Jun. But the moment she looked into his eyes, the image of his father creep into her mind. They have the same attractive eyes and the same unforgettable gaze. That day, Min Ho was also sitting at the same spot where Hyun Jun was standing now. She closed her eyes and heaved a deep sigh. She has to stop thinking of him. He is not the person that she thinks he was.

“Are you okay?” Hyun Jun asked as he tilted his head, staring at her in confusion. He walked to her and gently placed his tiny palm against her forehead. Although he doesn’t know what does that mean but every time when he was not feeling well, ahjuhma did that to him.

“Are you sick?” He asked again.

The soft touch of his hand make Shin Hye opened her eyes and looked at him in surprise. The kind gesture from him suddenly warmed her heavy heart and magically makes her feel better. She could clearly see the visible concern in his eyes. A smile slowly curled up her lips. He has changed so much compared to the first time she met him.

Shin Hye took his tiny hand from her forehead and held it in her bigger hand while giving it a gentle squeeze. She shook her head and smiled. “I’m fine.”

Hyun Jun tilted his head again and looked unconvinced. “But you look strange today. Your face is very pale and you even have panda eyes.” He paused and continued to study her face intently. “You normally will bring me to the cafeteria at this time but today you don’t even notice that I’m still in the class.”

Shin Hye moved her hand to her face and caressed her eyes softly. Panda eyes? That bad? But it’s not surprising because she didn’t really have a good night sleep in these two days. She felt so restless. But she couldn’t bring her personal issue to his work and affect her students. She has to pull herself together and be professional.

“I’m just… busy thinking about something and didn’t notice your are still here. Mianhe.” She said, as she held his hand and gave him a warm smile. “Let’s go. I’ll buy you two ice cream today.”

But before Shin Hye could stand up, Hyun Jun stopped her. “I don’t want ice cream. Since you are sick today, it will be my turn to keep you accompanied and take care of you. We can stay here in the classroom while waiting for my driver to come.” He said and tried to sound like a grown up man.

Shin Hye smiled at his cuteness but his words touched her heart at the same time. “I’m not sick and I’m fine. But if you don’t want to go to the cafeteria, staying in the class is not a bad idea.” She was tired and prefers to stay in a quieter place. She then pulled a chair to her side and let Hyun Jun to sit beside her.

After a moment of silence, Hyun Jun couldn’t wait any longer and was the first one to speak. “Seonsaeng-nim, did my appa come to the conference last Saturday?” He asked with an expectant gaze.  

His question brought Shin Hye’s mind back to that day and recalled the intense meeting with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter