Precious Stars

A Contract Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Mansion…

 

“I’m sorry.” Krystal said apologetically.

Park Shin Hye looked at her with a confused gaze before she slowly moved closer to her on the couch and held her hand. “Why are you apologizing to me?”

Krystal bit her lips and met her gaze. “I promised you not to tell sajang-nim that you are hiding in Busan. But I didn’t keep my word and…”

“Silly.” Shin Hye quickly cut her off and gave her a kind smile. “What is there to be sorry about? Do you think I don’t know what kind of man that I married to? Even if you don’t tell him, he will still have another way to find out about it. It’s just a matter of time. It has nothing to do with you. Don’t be sorry.”

Krystal smiled and let out a sigh of relief. Before she came here, she was still worried that Shin Hye will be not happy about her telling everything to Min Ho. She finally feels relieved now that she is not angry with her. “But I’m seriously happy for you.” She said as she gave Shin Hye’s hand a soft squeeze. “You have tried so hard to have a baby all this while and now you are having twins.”

“Thank you.” Shin Hye gazed down at her rounded stomach with a sweet smile.

“So… you and sajang-nim… are back together now?” Krystal asked cautiously.

The smile on Shin Hye’s face slowly faded as she looked up at Krystal again. She was still immersed in the happiness after knowing that she is having twins and didn’t think much about their relationship. When Min Ho came into her room last night and kissed her, she almost let herself give in and forgive him.

She sighed and shook her head softly. “I don’t know. I mean… I’m happy for everything he did and how much he has changed since I left. I’m happy to come back again and was grateful that Hyun Jun is okay with everything. But… a part of me still feel unsecure.”

“Because of Jin Se Yeon?” Krystal asked again. “But she already left. Si Wan oppa said she is back to Taiwan and will not come back again.”

“Nobody can guarantee that.” Shin Hye looked at her as she bit her lip, uncertainty laced in her eyes. “If she can come back after six years, what makes you so sure that she won’t come back again? No one can predict what will happen in the future. If she really come back again one day… I don’t know I could still stand the pain all over again.”

“I’m sure you can.” Krystal said firmly as she gave her hand another squeeze. “What I mean is… you are not alone anymore. You have Hyun Jun, you have your babies to support you now. And moreover, I’m very sure sajang-nim will not let the same thing happen to you again. Even if she comes back again one day, sajang-nim will not let her hurt you. He has make it very clear to everyone, including Jin Se Yeon that the person he love is you… not her. You must have confidence in him. After you left, all of us witnessed how much he has suffered and how much he love you.” She paused before continued again with a smile. “But coming back is a good start. It shows that you still love him and is willing to give him a chance to prove his love for you.”

Shin Hye looked at her for a moment before a small smile slowly curled onto her lips again. “How are you always so optimistic about everything? Si Wan oppa is very lucky.” She paused and let out a soft chuckle. “Unlike Min Ho oppa, he has less headache to have a girlfriend like you.”

Krystal pursed her lips before shaking her head slowly. “I don’t think so. He was quite angry with me after knowing that I’m hiding your whereabouts from him. He said I treat you better than him.”

A breathy laugh escaped Shin Hye’s lips upon hearing what Krystal said. “It seem to be right that men indeed a natural jealousy creature.”

Both of them laughed before a familiar deep voice filled the room and interrupted them.

“Krystal, you are here.”

Shin Hye and Krystal turned to the staircase at the same time and saw Min Ho walking down towards them. Krystal stood up and smiled politely at her boss. “Morning, sajang-nim.” She greeted. “I was on my way to the client’s place to collect some documents and thought of coming here to visit Shin Hye. She told me about the twins. Congratulations, sajang-nim.”

“Thank you.” Min Ho smiled as he stopped beside where Shin Hye was sitting.

Krystal glanced at her watch before looking up at her boss again. “It’s about time for me to go back to the office now. I’ve sent the schedule to sajang-nim last night. Are you coming in to the office today?”

“I’m not sure yet. But even if I go in, it will be in the late afternoon.” Min Ho turned to the maid at the side and gave her some instructions before looking back at Krystal. “I’ll get the driver to send you back to the office.”

“Thank you.” Krystal smiled at him and turned to Shin Hye. “I’ll come to see you again next time. Call me if you need anything.”

Shin Hye nodded as she carefully stood up of the couch. “I will. See you.”

“Bye.” Krystal waved her hand before walking to the door with the maid followed behind her.

After she left, Shin Hye’s eyes slowly shifted back to Min Ho and the paper that he was holding caught her attention. “What is that?” She asked.

Min Ho followed her gaze as he held the paper up and handed it to her. “I was suppose to resume work today after I came back from Busan. The schedule that Krystal mentioned just now was the meetings that I need to attend for this week. And this is for you.”

“For me?” Shin Hye raised her brows in as she glanced down at the paper. “I don’t understand. This is a… list of names. What is this all about? Who are these people?”

Min Ho smiled. “This is not just a list of names. This is the list of women that I’ll be meeting today.”

“What?” Shin Hye looked at him, puzzled.

“As what it stated in the contract, I’m not allowed to meet other women without your consent. So I think it would only be appropriate to get your permission first before I meet them.” He explained. “Since you are close with Krystal, I didn’t put her name in it. Those names that are in the list… they are all work related. Some of them are staffs and some are clients. Some are married and some are still single. But don’t worry. If you don’t approve, I’ll get Krystal to cancel all the meetings.”

Shin Hye looked at the list and become silent for a moment before tilted her head up and met his gaze again. “Do you mean… if I don’t allow you to meet anyone of them, you are just going to sit at home and do nothing?”

Min Ho nodded. “Actually… I would prefer that. Staying at home with you is better than working in that damn office.”

“You are kidding, right?”

“I’ve never been more serious.” He said with a grin.

“Yah, Lee Min Ho.” Shin Hye suddenly shouted his name and glared at him angrily. She doesn’t know what is wrong with her but every time she saw that mischievous grin on his face, her rage will instantly get triggered. “Are you going to stop working, stop making money and… and let all of us starve to death? I’m having twins inside here. We need to raise three children.”

Min Ho couldn’t help but laughed at her cute reaction. He took a step closer to her and smirked inwardly. “Is being pregnant really will make a woman become more grumpy? You get angry so easily now.” He leaned forward and in a soft whisper. “But you look even cuter when you are angry.”

“Don’t act cute in front of me and go to work now.” Shin Hye whined in frustration.

The smirk on Min Ho’s face widened as he pointed at the paper she was holding. “Does it mean… you give me the permission to meet all the women in the list?”

“That ridiculous rule was set by you… not me.” Shin Hye inhaled a deep breath before pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. “And you know… those women are not who I’m worried about.”

Min Ho understood what she means right away as he stepped forward to close the tiny gap between them. He looked into her eyes with a serious gaze. “Hmmm… you mean… there is only one woman that you are worried about and… you still don’t trust me.”

Shin Hye held his intense gaze for a long moment before she spoke again. “I don’t know I can still trust you or not.”

“If you ask me… I would say yes.” He tried to convince her.

“I don’t…” Shin Hye stopped at mid-sentence and gasped loudly in a sudden. She moved her hand to her stomach and inhaled several deep breaths.

“What’s wrong?” Min Ho asked worriedly when he saw her sudden changed of expression.

Taking another deep breath, she looked at him again and complained. “Your daughter is kicking me.”

Min Ho quickly reached out to hold her hand and gently pulled her down to sit on the couch. He placed his hand on her rounded stomach and held his breath when he feels the movement inside. It stopped after a while but it moved again at the other side.

“Another one is kicking now.” Shin Hye sighed.

Min Ho smiled as he kept up the gentle caress on her stomach. “They are rebelling against you.”

Shin Hye looked at him in confusion. “What is that supposed to mean?”

He leaned forward and gave her nose a soft pinch. “They are asking you not to torture their father anymore.”

“But I think otherwise.” She shook her head, disagreed with him. “I think they are asking me not to bother you.”

Min Ho smiled at her stubbornness before he asked the same question that he has been asking since the day he found her in Busan. “What can I do to make you forgive me?”

“I remember I told you last night.” Shin Hye said, a teasing edge to her voice.

“Yeah, right. The star.” Min Ho exhaled a long breathy sigh. How is it possible for him to get a star for her?

“Yes.” Shin Hye nodded with a grin. “And you promised you will give it to me on Christmas.”

Min Ho looked at her and let out a deep, helpless sigh. “There is another three months before Christmas. How am I going to survive for that long?” He asked as his fingers gently trailed along the curve of her jaw.

Shin Hye smiled again. Taking his hand away of her cheek, she continued to . “I thought you have learn to become more patient now. Or… it was just an act to lure me back here?”

Another deep sigh escaped his lips again. Teasing him has seems to be a fun enjoyment for her lately. “How did I get myself into this situation?” Ignoring her disapproval, he moved his hand back to her cheek and continued to enjoy her smooth skin under his fingertips. “What am I going to do with you?”

“Continue whatever you are doing now… because I enjoy the feeling of being loved and needed.” Shin Hye said, looking into his eyes.

She loves the way he acted around her now. She loves the way he treated her now. She never thought that a man like him could be so sweet and gentle. At this moment, she felt herself precious and important to him. Although she is still stubbornly pushing him away, but deep inside she knows that she has already forgiven him and is willing to give him another chance. Asking him to get her a star is just a way of teasing him and doesn’t want to let him feel that she will give in so easily this time. With or without the star, she is ready to try again, to give this relationship another chance.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bedroom…

 

“What about… Lee Seung Yeon and Lee Seung Wan?” Shin Hye asked as she glanced up from the book and looked at Hyun Jun. “I think the name is lovely.”

Hyun Jun tilted his head and after a moment of consideration, he shook his head. “I don’t like it. My name is Lee Hyun Jun. I want something similar to mine.” He paused as he took a quick glance at the baby names book before looking at her again. “Hmmm… Lee Dong Jun and Lee Seung Jun?”

“What?” Shin Hye widened her eyes and later laughed at the names he picked. “Hyun Jun-ah, those are boy’s name. How can you name your sisters with boy’s name?”

“But I want the babies name to sound like mine. Park Jang Woo’s brother is called Park Sang Woo. Their names sounded almost the same.” Hyun Jun complained with his lips pouted.

Shin Hye chuckled softly as she gently pulled him closer to her on the couch. “Why do you want them to have a similar name as yours?” She asked. Actually, she doesn’t need to ask. She knows exactly what’s the reason behind it. He wants to tell everyone that they are his sisters, his siblings and they are family.

Hyun Jun bit his lips, looking down at his hands, nervously playing with his fingers. “Because… I want everyone to know I’m their brother and we are family.” He spoke silently.

A small smile slowly curled up onto Shin Hye’s lips as the tears started to form in her eyes. Although he said he understood but she knows deep inside his heart, he still has a deep sense of insecurity. He is worried that he doesn’t belong to them.

Slowly moving her hands to touch his face, she tilted his chin up to look at her. She smiled as her fingers gently caressing his chubby cheeks. “There is no need to tell or to prove to anyone that you are their brother… because you are indeed their brother. Three of you share the same blood in your body.” She paused and looked deeply into his eyes. “Even if both of us doesn’t share the same blood, nothing could change the fact that you are my son… my beloved son.”

Hyun Jun smiled as tears slowly rolled down his cheeks. He nodded his head vigorously, throwing himself into her arms at the same time. “You are my beloved eomma too. Hyun Jun love eomma very, very, very much.”

Shin Hye let out a soft laugh as she wrapped her arms tightly around his tiny body.

“Then what about appa? Do you love appa very, very, very much too?”

Shin Hye loosened her arms as both of them turned to the direction where the voice came from. Min Ho was standing at the door, smiling at them. And before they could react, he slowly walked towards them and took a seat on the couch. A long, breathy sigh escaped his lips when he saw the tears on Shin Hye’s and Hyun Jun’s face.

“What is wrong with both of you?” He asked as he wiped the tears away from Hyun Jun first before shifting his hand to wipe Shin Hye’s face too. “How can I be at ease and work peacefully when both of you are crying like this?” He then turned to Hyun Jun and stared at him. “I thought I could rely on you to take care of eomma. But you are making her crying with you.”

“Mianhae, appa. I promise that I won’t make eomma cry again.” Hyun Jun quickly wiped all his tears away and looked at him guiltily. “I will take care of eomma and make her smile all the time.”

Min Ho let out a grin as he pinched his nose softly. “I’m counting on you, little guy.” He then turned to Shin Hye and glared at her. “Do you know it’s not good to cry during pregnancy? It’s not healthy for the babies.”

“I’m sorry.” Shin Hye bit her lip with a pity expression.

Min Ho smiled as he leaned over and planted a kiss to her forehead. “If you want to cry, cry in front of me. I’ll lend you my shoulder to cry on and my hand will wipe your tears away.”

Shin Hye looked up at him and couldn’t hold her smile anymore. “Sweet talker.”

He let out a chuckle and nodded. “I have to be extra sweet in a situation like this. If not… how can I make you to forgive me sooner?”

“In your dream.” Shin Hye pushed him away and hold her smile.

Before Min Ho could say anything, Hyun Jun giggled and climbed over to sit in between both of them. He turned to his father and smiled cheekily at him. “In your dream.” He chooses to support his beloved mother and helped her to tease his father.

“Yah!” Min Ho glared at his son. “You should be on my side and support me.” He lifted his hand up and pinched Hyun Jun’s chubby cheek. “Traitor.”

“Ouch…” Hyun Jun pouted his lips and glared at his father too.

Shin Hye laughed, shaking her head. “Okay, okay. Don’t fight anymore.” She paused and looked up to meet Min Ho’s eyes. “It’s good that you are here now. You should give your opinion in this too.”

“My opinion?” Min Ho raised his eyebrows curiously. “Give my opinion on what?”

“The babies name.” Shin Hye said as she held up the baby names book.

Min Ho glanced at the book before looking back at them. “Both of you were crying because of the babies name?”

“Hyun Jun wanted to find a name that sounds familiar to his because he want everybody to know that they are his sisters.” Shin Hye explained to him meaningfully.

Min Ho turned to Hyun Jun and sighed deeply. “Silly boy. No matter what name we give to the babies, they will still be your sisters.”

“That’s what I told him too.” Shin Hye smiled and caressed Hyun Jun’s cheek.

Hyun Jun stuck his tongue out and smiled embarrassedly.

Min Ho took the book from Shin Hye and flipped through the pages. “Do you have any names in your mind?”

“Hmmm… I was thinking about Seung Yeon and Seung Wan.” She replied and looked at him with an expectant gaze. “What do you think?”

There was a moment of silence before Min Ho glanced up from the book. “It sounds… okay.” He then closed the book, put it at the side and looked at Shin Hye again. “Actually… you are just at your five months now. We still have plenty of time to think for the names later. Or maybe… we should get your parents opinion too. The elders will know better.”

“You mean… you want my parents to name them?” Shin Hye asked.

“What I mean is… we can slowly think about it and no need to rush. The most important thing for now… is you.” He gently touched her face, his fingers lingered against her cheek. “You are having two babies inside of you now. The doctor said there might be higher risk compared to others. Pregnant women feel exhausted and tired even if they are expecting one baby. And you are expecting two now. You are inevitably going to feel more tired than others.” He paused and inhaled a deep breath. “So please be extra careful and listen to what the doctor said. Let ahjuhma to help you if you need to do anything. Just stay at home quietly, just eat and rest.”

Shin Hye pouted her lips and looked at him. “I’m just a normal pregnant woman, not a pig. How can you expect me to just eat and sleep at home?”

“I would prefer to have a pig rather than worried to death for the next four months.” He smirked. “Please be more cooperative and be a good pig, okay?”

“Eomma can also be a beautiful pig.” Hyun Jun cut in and giggled.

Shin Hye bit her lip and pretended to glare at him. “If I’m a pig eomma then Hyun Jun is a piglet too.” She pinched his nose playfully.

“And appa is a pig appa.” Hyun Jun pointed at Min Ho.

All three of them burst into laughter as Min Ho gently pulled them into his arms, embracing them tightly.

“I love you…” He whispered and pressed his lips to her forehead.

Shin Hye pulled back slightly as she looked up at him. “You are not forgiven yet.”

“But still… I love you.” Min Ho said, leaning in to kiss her soft lips.

A sweet smile slowly etched on Shin Hye’s face before she rested her head against his chest.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

3 months later…

Lee Mansion…

 

“Seonsaeng-nim and Krystal noona are here already.”

Hyun Jun rushed down the stairs the moment he heard the doorbell. He ran towards the door excitedly, couldn’t wait to see what present that Si Wan and Krystal bought for him. A big wide smile was painted on his chubby cheeks when he saw them walking into the house.

“Hyun Jun-ah, be careful. Don’t run so fast.” Shin Hye called from behind as Min Ho stood by her side, one hand around her shoulder and another one holding her arms protectively. Every single step she took down the stairs make him anxious and held his breath. She is at her eight months now and because she was bearing twins, her stomach grew larger than other pregnant women.

“You are the one who should be more careful.” He said, nagging at her.

Shin Hye turned to him and let out a deep sigh. His constant worry and overreacting is exhausting her. “I’m fine. Please stop treating me like I’m terminally ill or whatsoever. I’m just pregnant.”

“But look at you. I can’t even imagine how a small body like yours handle two babies inside your stomach. They are too heavy for you. I don’t understand why you need to have a Christmas party. It’s so tiring to prepare all these. You should just lie down on the bed and wait to give birth.”

“You are overreacting again.” Shin Hye rolled her eyes as she speed up her pace and walked to the living room to meet their friends. Being pregnant is very boring. She was forced to stay at home all the time and not allowed to do anything at all. When she wanted to use her parents as an excuse to go out, instead of bringing her to them, he sent the driver to bring them over. Although she is like a queen in the house now but her every move was being monitored. She has lost all her freedom just because she is pregnant. But no matter how Min Ho disagreed to have a party today, she insisted to invite Si Wan and Krystal over to enjoy some great time with their friends. She deserved to have some fun before giving birth.

“Slowly…” Min Ho quickly caught up to her and let out another exaggerating sigh, looking concern and helpless.

“Here comes the pregnant woman.” Si Wan smiled as he walked towards the living room with Krystal and Hyun Jun. “Merry Christmas! This is for you, pretty pregnant woman.”

Shin Hye took the present from him and returned his smile. “Thank you, oppa.”

“How can you still look so pretty even you are pregnant?” Si Wan praised her.

“Don’t flirt with my wife.” Min Ho cut in before Shin Hye could reply and looked at his best friend with a dangerous glare.

“You wife?” Si Wan smirked. “You are just a contract husband. She can kick you away whenever she want.”

Shin Hye giggled and nodded her head at Si Wan. “You are right.”

“That damn contract will end tonight.” Min Ho hissed. He hates it when Si Wan ganged up with his wife to .

“Really?” Si Wan smirked mischievously.

“It depends on what present he could give me later.” Shin Hye said as she looked at Min Ho with a meaningful gaze.

Si Wan watched the two of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter