The Three Words

A Contract Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Come To Me by K Will. (credit to owner)

 

DCM Corporation’s Office…

 

“Cut the crap and tell me what you plan to do next! Stop wasting my time!”

Lee Min Ho threw the file on his table and glared at the middle-aged man murderously. With his ty mood today, he really doesn’t have the patience to listen to such nonsense from his staff.

“I… I…” The manager stuttered, frightened by his boss’s dangerous expression. His boss’s mood has been so good since he got married and he thought their working life will be improved but today is definitely a bad day. The moment he walked into his room and saw his face, he immediately knows that no matter how good is the proposal, he will still be dead.

“I-I’ll have a meeting with my team and... and get the proposal amend immediately.” The manager said in a shaky voice.

Min Ho inhaled a sharp intake of breath, trying hard not to throw the file at his face. “I want the proposal on my table by 5 this evening.” He said through gritted teeth as he averted his gaze to the screen of his laptop. “Get out!”

“Y-Yes, sajang-nim.” The manager gave him a quick bow and quickly stepped out of his room.

Min Ho heaved a deep sigh as he moved his hand to his forehead and massaged his temples. He didn’t sleep well last night and it’s giving him a headache now. Moving his other hand to the phone in front, he pressed on the red button and wait for the other side to answer.

“Yes, sajang-nim?”

“Get me a black coffee.” Min Ho said when Krystal’s voice was heard on the speakerphone.

“Will be there right away.”

Min Ho released the red button and another deep sigh escaped his lips. No matter how hard he tried to focus on his work but his mind just wouldn’t comply. Everything he did, everyone he saw just gets on his nerves and irritates him today. He wanted to stay calm but it just not working. His mind was completely clouded with the image of that frustrating woman.

He slammed his laptop shut and looked away. The more he wanted to get her out of his head, the more he can’t stop thinking about her. The images of her face keep floating in his mind and the memory of what happened last night came rushing back to him.

~~~~~

“Give me all of you…”

For a long moment, Shin Hye held his gaze, seeing nothing but her reflection in his eyes. She loves this man. She loves him since the first time she met him in the orphanage, she loves him since the day she saw him again in the school after fourteen years. She loves his good, his bad… his everything. She chose him over Taec Yeon because she knows her heart has always been with him.

He told her that he was attracted to her, that he wants her. She just needed to nod her head, say yes and he will become hers tonight. But is that what she wants? His money? His body? No. She wants him too but not just that. She wants his heart, his love. She wants to be in his heart, to be his love.

Shin Hye swallowed back a sharp breath as she tried to regain control of her emotion. Looking deeply into his eyes, her lips curled up into a small smile. “You are right…” Her soft voice broke the silence and filled the room.

Min Ho narrowed his gaze, waiting for her to continue.

“I’m a greedy woman.” She paused and smiled again. “What I want, you will never be able to give me.”

Min Ho clenched his jaw and knows exactly what she was referring to.

Shin Hye let out a soft chuckle. “You want me to give you all of me?” She stared so deeply into his eyes, as if trying to break through his soul. “Then what can I get in returns?” She moved her hand to his jaw and caressed it softly. “Can you be fair to me for once? Like you, I just want a fair deal.” She bit her lip as tears started to well in her eyes. “I give you what you want… and you give me a place to stay.” She paused again and slowly moved her other hand to his chest, where his heart was located. “Let me stay inside here…”

Min Ho’s breath stuck in his throat, as he froze in place, unable to move. Her sudden bravery frightened him.   

“Just three words.” Shin Hye spoke again. “I just need the three words. As long as you say it…” She bit her lip harder. “… you can have me… all of me.”

There was another moment of silence as their eyes were locked at each other. His stun and shock expression was enough to hurt her heart deeply. He doesn’t even need to say it in word to tell her that her wish will never come true. Turning her head to the side to avoid his gaze, she tried hard to hold back the tears that were stinging her eyes.

Taking a deep breath, Min Ho slowly pulled away and rolled to the other side of the bed. He wasn’t sure what is the alien feeling that was intruding his heart now but it felt painful and suffocating. He is not heartless. When he saw the tears welling in her eyes, he knows he has hurt her again. He almost gave in when he heard her voice that sounded like pleading him but… the three words were too heavy for him.

Shin Hye wiped away the tears that almost roll down her cheeks before she pulled herself up into a sitting position, with her back facing him. After a while, she stood up of the bed and wanted to walk away. But before she could do so, Min Ho’s voice stopped her.

“The three words… it wasn’t written in the contract.”

Shin Hye chuckled softly. “Having with you… making a brother for Hyun Jun… it wasn’t written in the contract either.” She said without turning around to look at him. Taking another deep breath, she spoke again before she walked away. “I think you need to cool down. I’ll prepare the hot water for you.”

“Damn it…” Min Ho hissed under his breath as he covered his eyes with his forearm. “What I need now is a cold shower.”

~~~~~

A sudden loud knock on the door broke the silence and shook Min Ho off from his deep thought. Looking up from his table, he cleared his throat.

“Come in.”

His secretary walked into the room with a cup of coffee in her hand. She placed the cup on his table and looked at him.

“You can leave now.” Min Ho said coldly as he held the cup up and took a big sip of the coffee.

“Sajang-nim… Yim Si Wan-sshi is waiting for you outside.” Krystal said in a wary voice.

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh as he looked at the table calendar in front of him. It’s month end and his best friend usually came at this time to update him about Hyun Jun’s progression. It was really a bad timing to see him now but he can’t make him leave just because he wasn’t in a good mood.

“Bring him in.” He said.

“Yes, sajang-nim.” Krystal walked to the door and let Si Wan to come into the room before she left.

Si Wan gave Krystal a kind smile as he walked towards Min Ho’s table. He took a seat in front of him and looked at his best friend with a narrowed gaze. “You look like .”

“Shut up.” Min Ho glared at him.

Si Wan chuckled. “I guess I came at the right time. My best friend needs someone to talk.”

“You are the one who should talk.” Min Ho put the cup down and stared at him. “I don’t have much time to waste on you. I still have a meeting waiting for me. How is Hyun Jun doing?”

“Do you even need to ask?” Si Wan smirked. “Your son is a small version of you. Good looking and smart. A handsome little genius. I guess… you have to thank your wife too. She is a great teacher.” 

The mention of his wife makes Min Ho’s brows creased in frustration. He tried so hard not to think about her but his idiot friend brought it up again.

“Wae?” Si Wan narrowed his gaze. “Something is wrong.” He noticed his annoyance. “Did your beautiful wife give you a lot of problems?”

Min Ho looked up and daggered his murderous glare at him. He hates the way he talks about his wife. But then, a helpless sigh escaped his lips. He doesn’t understand why he still trusted Si Wan and will tell him everything when he irritates him so much.   

Si Wan smirked. “That sigh proved that I’m right.” He leaned back and crossed his arms. “Spill the beans. I have an hour free for you.”

Min Ho let out another deep sigh before looking at his best friend again. He needs someone to talk, to let everything out. If not, he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his work for the rest of the day.

“It… it started with the charity ball that we…”

Min Ho continued to tell what happened between him and Shin Hye while Si Wan listened intently.

“Everything was alright and I can feel that she was enjoying it too. I mean… we are adults and this thing is normal. But she just pushed me away whenever I tried to take a step closer.” Min Ho added with another deep sigh.

Si Wan stared at him for a moment before his lips curled up in a smirk. “So… it’s all about . You were frustrated because she doesn’t want to give you.”

“No!” Min Ho said defensively. “I-I mean… yes, is one of the reason but… what is wrong that I wanted to have with her? She is my wife. No matter how this marriage happened in the beginning, we are still married now. is normal. Wanting to have a baby is normal too. And moreover, she said she loves me and I told her that I want her. So what is the problem?”

“The problem is… you can’t use a man’s mentality to analyse a woman. Man and woman are two different creatures. We can sleep with any woman even if we don’t love them. But women doesn’t think that way.” Si Wan kicked some sense into his mind.

“But we are not kids anymore. We are adults and… she has been in a relationship for few years with the same man.” His voice was full with jealousy. “I’m sure that… that man wouldn’t take his hand off her in the past. And now I’m her husband. A husband that she claimed that she love. What is her problem?” Min Ho paused and inhaled deeply. “She is just playing hard to get.” He added in annoyance.

“I don’t see any problem with her.” Si Wan said, defending Shin Hye. “The problem is obviously with you.”

“What?” Min Ho stared at him with a bewildered gaze.

“It’s true. Even if she slept with her previous boyfriend, I’m sure it was because that man loves her. That’s the problem.” Si Wan said as he exhaled a deep breath. “I don’t understand why can’t you love her if you wants her so much? She is pretty, she is smart, she is gentle… she is everything that a man will dream for. I just don’t get it why it’s so hard for you to fall in love with her.” He paused and narrowed his gaze. “Or… you were just attracted to her body and want to have with her to satisfy your needs like all those women you used to sleep with?”  

“Of course not.” Min Ho raised his voice. “She… she is different.”

“Then why can’t you try to love her?” Si Wan asked again.

Min Ho held his gaze with a hesitant on his face. Why can’t he love her? Good question. “I… I can’t accept the way she used to get close to me. The scheming motive behind her was the reason that was holding me back.” He inhaled deeply. “You know me. This is my principle. You can come straight to my face and tell me what you want but I just hate people going behind my back. Even though she might have changed and really love me now, I just couldn’t bring myself to trust her anymore.”

Si Wan let out an exaggerated sigh. “What makes you so sure that Shin Hye is that kind of scheming woman you are talking about? What makes you so sure that she loves you because of your money? You don’t have any proof to support your theory. Maybe everything is just a coincidence.”

Min Ho shook his head. “I wanted to believe that too but how do you explain when she suddenly appeared in front of me at the roadside that night? What is she doing there so late at night? And there are so many schools in Seoul. Why must it be Hyun Jun’s school out of all?” He paused and breathed before he continued. “Okay, let’s say all those are just a coincidence but what about things she knows about me? Except for the people who are very close to me, it’s impossible for a stranger like her to know all those things.”

“Maybe she is…” Si Wan held his tongue when the words ‘maybe she is someone that you met before in the orphanage’ almost slipped out his mouth. Although he was quite sure that Shin Hye is the little girl they met fourteen years ago but without checking with her first, he doesn’t want to provoke Min Ho. And furthermore, Min Ho doesn’t seem to remember her anymore.

He sighed. “Maybe she is… a friend from the past that you don’t remember.” He tried to give him a hint.

“It’s not possible that I don’t remember such a beautiful woman.” Min Ho said.

Because she was just a kid when you first saw her, you idiot.

Si Wan sighed helplessly. “If you think she is so scheming, then why do you still want to marry her? You already know she has a motive from the very beginning.”

“Because Hyun Jun likes her.” Min Ho used his son as an excuse again.

“Bull.” Si Wan chuckled sarcastically. “If Lee Min Ho doesn’t like a person, nobody could force you to accept her.”

Min Ho cleared his throat and averted his gaze at the same time. He tried to maintain his composure and not to show any suspicious sign to his friend. “She is a good mother material and I need a woman like this to take care of Hyun Jun.” He paused and took a deep breath before looking back at Si Wan. “I admit that she is a very attractive woman. I was attracted to her since the first time I saw her… or even like her now… but I just couldn’t… love her. My heart and my love will forever belong to Se Yeon.”

Si Wan looked at him and slowly shook his head. “Stop using Se Yeon as an excuse to protect your wounded heart.”

Min Ho’s eyes darkened upon hearing what he said.

“Se Yeon has gone… she is no longer here. You should let her go, let yourself go… and stop torturing an alive woman who really love you.” Si Wan added as he looked intently into Min Ho’s eyes. “Stop torturing Shin Hye.”

Min Ho clenched his jaw and heaved another deep breath. “I don’t like the way you call her name. Don’t think I don’t know you have an eye on her. I can see it through the way you look at her.” He glared at him. “You better stay away from her. She is not a person that you can touch.”

Si Wan smirked. “Since you don’t love her, why do you even bother if I like your wife? If she really love you, even if I try, she won’t bother me.”

Min Ho inhaled a sharp intake of breath as he deepened his glare. “Don’t even think about it. She is mine.” He said through gritted teeth.

Si Wan raised his brows and smiled. “A very possessive husband.”

Min Ho continued to glare at him for a moment before he heaved a long defeated sigh. “Are you sure we are not related or something? I don’t understand why you always have an eye on anything or anyone I like but I still treat you as my best friend.”

“I wonder too.” Si Wan laughed loudly. “But I’m not as lucky as you. I don’t have a rich father to adopt me and every woman that I like will surely fall for you first.”

“And yet you still treat me as your best friend.” Min Ho grinned.

Si Wan nodded with a smirk. “Maybe this is the fate that we couldn’t escaped. You found me when I almost died, and since then we have become best friends.” He paused and looked meaningfully at Min Ho. “Just like you and Se Yeon in the past, and now… Shin Hye.”

Min Ho held his gaze for a long moment and tried to process everything he said to him. Fate? Is everything between him and Shin Hye consider as fate?

“Okay…” Si Wan suddenly broke the silence as he glanced down at his watch. “I need to go now. See you again next month.” He stood up and walked to the door. But before he steps out, he turned around and looked at Min Ho again.

“One last question.”

“What?” Min Ho asked.

“Will you let Go Ara to bear your child?”

“Of course I…” wont! Min Ho stunned and felt like something just hit on his head hard in a sudden. He has been very careful with all the women he slept before this because he knows only the woman he love can be the mother of his child. Se Yeon can… because he loves her. And Shin Hye…

Looking at his shock expression, Si Wan smirked. “I think I have just solve a very difficult problem for you.” He said before he left.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Lee Mansion…

 

“Eo? Agasshi, why did you come back so early today? You usually only come back after Hyun Jun’s class is over.” Kang Chun Hwa asked when she saw Shin Hye walked into the living room.

“My mother is very tired today. She wanted to rest but when I’m around she keeps trying to stay awake to talk to me. So I think it would be better if I come back earlier and let her rest.” Shin Hye said.

Kang Chun Hwa nodded with a warm smile.

“Where is Hyun Jun?” Shin Hye asked, looking around.

“The class is almost over. But he will take a shower first before he come down.” Kang Chun Hwa replied.

“I see. Then I’ll just go up to take a shower before I come down to prepare the dinner together with you.” Shin Hye gave the older woman a gentle squeeze on her arm before she turned around and walked to the stairs.

And just then, Si Wan who has finished the class with Hyun Jun walked down the stairs heading towards the living room.

Shin Hye stopped her step and looked at Si Wan with an awkward gaze. Since that day when Min Ho warned her not to get too close to him, she has tried not to bump into him but because she came back early today, they met again.

“A-Annyeonghaseyo, Yim Si Wan-sshi.” Shin Hye smiled awkwardly.

Si Wan smiled too. “Annyeonghaseyo, Park Shin Hye-sshi.”

“T-The… the class is over?” Shin Hye simply find a conversation.

“Yes. Hyun Jun is in his room. I think he is taking his shower now.” Si Wan answered.

“I see.” Shin Hye looked away and rubbed her nape nervously. “Hrmmm… I… I’ll go to see him then.” She nodded slightly before she spoke again. “Thank you for taking care of Hyun Jun.” And without waiting for him to reply, she quickly walked away. But before she could reach the stairs, Si Wan’s voice was heard again and his question startled her.

“Are you… avoiding me?”

Pabo, Park Shin Hye. Can’t you just act naturally?

Shin Hye bit her lip before she slowly turned around and meet his eyes again. “I-I’m sorry. Min Ho-appa is not happy when we stay too close together.” She told him honestly.

Si Wan grinned. It seems that hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter