Double Blessing

A Contract Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week later…

Gimhae International Airport, Busan…

 

“Seonsaeng-nim, will you come back to visit Jae Eun again?”

Park Shin Hye gently moved closer to little Jae Eun on the bench they were sitting in the airport as she reached out to hold her hand and smiled at her. “Of course. After seonsaeng-nim gives birth, I promise to bring the baby back to see Jae Eun and Jae Eun’s appa. And besides that, the next time I come here again, I’ll also bring a handsome boy along and introduce him to Jae Eun. He is the same age as you.”

“Handsome boy?” Jae Eun asked with her head tilted to the side.

“Yes, very handsome. He looks exactly like me.” Min Ho cut in and winked his eye at Jae Eun.

Shin Hye glared up at him, sending a silent message to shut him off. Min Ho got it right away and quickly zipped his lips. Trying to suppress a smile, she looked back at Jae Eun as she continued. “When I’m not around, Jae Eun has to practice piano, arasso? Your appa have found you a new teacher. Jae Eun is very talented. The next time I come back, I’m sure you will improve a lot.”

Jae Eun nodded with a sweet smile. “I will work hard.”

“You have to listen to your new ahjuhma and be a good girl, okay? You have to take care of your appa and ask him to spend more time at home with you and don’t work too hard.” Shin Hye reminded her.

“Arasso.”

“Good girl.” She smiled again as her uncontrollably Jae Eun’s soft hair. It has been four months since she came to Busan and Jae Eun have been her only companion during her time here. Although it was just a short period of time, but she has bring her a lot of comfort and accompanied her through all the sadness and loneliness.

“Seonsaeng-nim will miss you.” Taking a deep breath, she pulled Jae Eun into her arms as her eyes were b with tears. Jae Eun moved her tiny hands up and her back soothingly, trying to comfort her.

“Jae Eun will miss you too.” She said softly.

Shin Hye pulled away and smiled. She then stood up of the bench and turned to Seo Joon, who was also standing beside them. “I’m sorry to give you such a short notice to find a new baby sitter for Jae Eun.”

Seo Joon shook his head and smiled. “Don’t be sorry. I should thank you for helping me taking care of Jae Eun for the past four months. Although the time was short but she is very happy to spend those times with you. You taught her a lot.”

“Please don’t say that. All those times you were the one who take care of me and I should be the one who thank you for letting Jae Eun to keep me accompanied. I’ll not forget her. I’ll come back to visit both of you when I’m free.” She promised as she returned his smile.

“I hope you don’t mind I call you if we happen to go to Seoul next time.” Seo Joon said.

“Of course not. Call me anytime. I’ll treat you something nice.” She made another promise.

Seo Joon smiled as his eyes slowly dropped to her rounded stomach. “Your due date is next year January, right?” He looked back at her and gave her arm a soft pat. “It’s just another four months. You have to take care of yourself.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her. She will be alright.” Min Ho stepped forward and stood close beside Shin Hye. Although he knows Seo Joon didn’t mean any harm but it still bothers him when he saw him touching his wife.

“I’m sure she will be in good hands.” Seo Joon smiled, took a step backward to lengthen his distance from Shin Hye. He could sense Min Ho’s protectiveness signal is blinking.

After they chatted for another fifteen minutes, Min Ho took a glance at his watch before looking at Shin Hye. “It’s about time. We should check in now.”

“Eo… but can I go to the washroom first?” Shin Hye asked.

“Of course. Do you want me to go with you?” He offered.

But before Shin Hye could reply him, Jae Eun stood up and interjected. “Mr Lee, let me go with seonsaeng-nim. I’m a girl and it will be more convenient for me to go in together. The floor is very slippery in the washroom. Jae Eun will take care of seonsaeng-nim.”

“That is so kind of you. Thank you so much, Jae Eun.” Min Ho leaned forward and caressed her cheek with a smile.

Shin Hye hesitated for a moment, thinking whether she should leave Min Ho alone with Seo Joon. She stole a sideway glance at Seo Joon before looking at Min Ho again. Leaning closer to him, she whispered very softly into his ear. “Behave yourself and be good. You are still under probation.”

“Yes, madam.” Min Ho smirked at her threatening voice He knows what she is worried about. But he is not the old Lee Min Ho anymore. Even if he is jealous, he will not act recklessly. He could control his emotion very well now.

“I’ll be good.” He whispered back playfully.

Heaving a deep sigh, Shin Hye turned around to hold Jae Eun’s hand and walked towards the nearby washroom together, leaving Min Ho and Seo Joon waiting for them.

After they were out of sight, Min Ho looked at Seo Joon and smiled. “You have a very lovely daughter. I wish I could have one too.”

Seo Joon raised his brows. “But I heard Shin Hye said… you want a boy. I thought you don’t like girl.”

Min Ho chuckled and shook his head. “That’s my son, not me. If I have a choice, I would rather have a daughter who looks like her. But no matter a boy or a girl, I just want the baby to be healthy.”

Seo Joon nodded, agreed with what he said.

“Thank you for taking care of Shin Hye all this while.” Min Ho said again. “I’m thankful that you were there when she fainted.”

“You are welcome.” Seo Joon smiled slightly before he looked at Min Ho as his gaze slowly turned serious. “Shin Hye is a good woman. I’ve known her since we were kids. She is very… kind and gentle. Looking at how she treated her students, I’m sure she will be a good mother.”

Min Ho held his gaze and nodded his head. “I know. Even my son is not blood related to her, she loves him like her own. I know she will definitely be a great mother.”

“I remembered when I first saw her in this airport four months ago, the only thing I saw in her eyes was sadness. Luckily the baby came at the right time. The baby keeps her strong. And when I saw the way she look at you, I know what can keeps her even stronger.” Seo Joon paused and stared deeply into his eyes. “You are the reason of her sadness and happiness. Treat her well. She deserves to be happy.”

“I will.” Min Ho answered firmly. “I was wrong once. I won’t let it happen again. The next time you see her, you will only see happiness in her eyes.”

“I give you my blessing.” Seo Joon said, his voice was laced with sincerity and kindness.

“Thank you.” Min Ho let out a smile of appreciation.

And just then, a sweet voice cut off their conversation.

“Appa…”

They turned to the voice together and saw Jae Eun walking towards them with Shin Hye followed behind.

Seo Joon reached out to hold his daughter’s hand before looking at them. “It’s time for both of you to check in.” He said as he averted his gaze to Shin Hye. “Send my regards to your parents.”

“I will. You take care.” Shin Hye nodded before she gazed down and smiled at Jae Eun. “Jae Eun-ah, you have my number, right? Promise me that you will call me whenever you are free, okay?”

“Okay. Seonsaeng-nim, take care.” Jae Eun waved her hand as she looked at Min Ho. “Mr Lee, you take care too.”

“Jae Eun, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

Taking one last look at them, Shin Hye slowly turned around and made her way to the check-in area together with Min Ho. Her eyes were red and teary as her heart felt heavy at the same time. She hates to say goodbye but she knows she doesn’t belong to this place. There is a place called home in Seoul that was waiting for her and she chose to go back again. The future is still uncertain but because of the baby, because of Hyun Jun, because of… this man beside her, she is giving herself another try. Hopefully it will be a right choice this time.

“He likes you.”

Min Ho’s sudden comment brought her back from her deep thoughts as she looked up at him in confusion. “What?”

“I mean Park Seo Joon. You know that guy have some feelings for you, right?” He said, looking at her sceptically.

“You are crazy.” Shin Hye rolled her eyes and looked away.

Min Ho chuckled and shook his head. “You still have no idea how much you could attract a man and make him crazy for you. I just never thought that ability is still so strong even when you are pregnant.”

“Should I take that as a compliment?” Shin Hye continued to walk forward without looking at him. She didn’t take what he said seriously because for her, Seo Joon is like a brother to her. Even if she not pregnant, not married, nothing will happen between them.

A smirk spread across his face as he walked closer to her. “I’m just proud of myself. Out of so many men out there, I’m the only one who have the right to be crazy for you.”

Shin Hye let out a sarcastic chuckle. “You are just a contract husband and your three months probation might be extended or even terminated. Don’t be happy too early. I still haven’t forgiven you.”  

“If I could make you come back to Seoul together with me, I think I have bigger chance at home to make you say yes.” Min Ho turned to her and smiled confidently.

“Really?” Shin Hye looked at him and smiled too. “But if I’m not wrong, you will move out right after I go home, right?” She reminded her and her smile widened when she saw Min Ho gulped at what she said. “Have you found a place to move yet? I hope you have pack your things.” She further.

Shin Hye forced herself not to laugh as she walked straight, leaving Min Ho heaving a deep sigh behind her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Lee Mansion… 

 

“We are finally home.” Min Ho said when the car stopped at the car porch. He turned to Shin Hye and smiled at her. “Let’s go down. Hyun Jun is waiting for you.”

“Wait a minute.” Shin Hye reached out to grasp his arm, stopping him from going down.

“What’s wrong?” Min Ho asked with his brows furrowed. “Are you okay?”

“I need some time to… prepare myself.” She inhaled a deep breath, trying to calm her pounding heart.

Min Ho let out a long sigh, knowing what she was worrying. “For what?” He held her hand and squeezed it softly. “You don’t need to prepare anything when you go back to your own house.”

Shin Hye looked at him and bit her bottom lip nervously. “But Hyun Jun doesn’t know about the baby yet. I’m worried he will…”

“He just wants you to come home.” Min Ho cut her off. “Nothing could possibly stop him from being happy now that you are back. You… is what matters to him now.” He assured her.

Shin Hye held his gaze for a long moment before she was slowly convinced and nodded her head. She took another deep breath and carefully getting down of the car together with him.

The moment the front door opened and both of them walked into the house, Hyun Jun and ahjuhma was already waiting for them in the living room. A happy smile immediately spread widely across Hyun Jun’s face right when he saw Shin Hye entered.

“Eomma!!!”

Shin Hye quickly kneeled down on the floor when she saw Hyun Jun running towards her and let him threw himself into her wide opened arms. She closed her eyes, hugging him tightly in her embrace as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Min Ho was frightened by Hyun Jun’s big reaction and just when he wanted to stop him, it was too late. Hyun Jun already wrapped his tiny arms tightly around Shin Hye, never want to let go again.

“Yah, be careful. You can’t jump on her like this now. She is…”

But before he could finish his sentence to warn him, Hyun Jun pulled back slightly and looked at Shin Hye, ignoring what his father was saying.

“Eomma… is this really you?” He asked in disbelief. His eyes were reddened and flooded with happy tears.

Shin Hye bit her trembling lip as more tears rushing out of her eyes. Taking a sharp intake of breath, she forced a smile and nodded her head softly. “It’s me. Hyun Jun… it’s me.”

“Eomma… you are back.” He sobbed softly as he moved both his tiny hands up to her face and wiped her tears away. “Hyun Jun is not dreaming, right? You really came back, right?”

“Yes. Hyun Jun is not dreaming. Eomma is here. I really came back.” She cried softly.

Hyun Jun nodded before he leaned forward and wrapped his arms tightly around her once again. “Eomma… please don’t leave us again.”

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” She apologized sadly, feeling extremely guilty. Her heart was aching so badly, looking at Hyun Jun’s tears.

Min Ho quietly watched the two of them hugging each other and his brows creased in worry. “Hyun Jun-ah… you have to get up and let go of eomma. I know you miss her but let her settle down and take a rest first. She was in the plane for an hour and she is tired. She can’t kneel down like this for so long.”

Shin Hye slowly loosened her arms around Hyun Jun and just when she wanted to tell Min Ho that she is okay, Hyun Jun finally sensed something is wrong and felt the difference in Shin Hye. He pulled back slightly and his large eyes travelled down to Shin Hye’s stomach. His eyes widened in shock as he slowly looked up to meet Shin Hye’s gaze again.

“Eomma… your stomach is so… big. Are you… pregnant?” He asked with his mouth formed into an ‘o’ shape.

Min Ho leaned over and gently helped Shin Hye up. She glanced at him briefly before looking down at Hyun Jun again. “Y-Yes… I’m pregnant. But…”

Just when Shin Hye wanted to ask him to calm down and listen to her explanation, Hyun Jun suddenly screamed and jumped in joy, startled both Min Ho and Shin Hye.

“Yahooo!!! Eomma is finally pregnant. Eomma is pregnant with my little brother. Hyun Jun is going to be a hyung very soon.” He continued to scream happily as he jumped to Min Ho and held his father’s hand. “Appa… Hyun Jun is going to be a hyung soon.” He said and then jumped towards the maid, Kang Chun Hwa. “Ahjuhma, Hyun Jun is having a dongsaeng soon.” He shouted happily before running back to Shin Hye and looked up at her. “Eomma is the best.”

“You… you are not… angry?” Shin Hye asked, totally dumbfounded by his reaction.

“Why would I be angry? Eomma promised Hyun Jun to give me a brother. You finally keep your word and my little dongsaeng is coming soon. I should be happy, not angry.” He said and smiled adorably.

“How can Hyun Jun be angry with agasshi? He always thinks of you and stays in your room whenever he has nothing to do. He will sit on the couch you used to sit and read the books you used to read.” Kang Chun Hwa cut in, her eyes scanning Shin Hye from top to toe. Her eyes were slightly reddened too, happy that she finally came back and even pregnant now.

“Ahjuhma... how are you?” Shin Hye reached out to hold the older woman’s hands and smiled with her teary eyes. “I’m so happy to see you well.”

“Ahjuhma have to stay well and help agasshi to take care of doryeon-nim and Hyun Jun when you are not around. I know agasshi just need some time to calm down and will come home for sure.” She gave her hand a soft squeezed and smiled warmly at her. “And now… you came back with a blessing. Ahjuhma is so happy for you. Congratulations, agasshi.”

Shin Hye leaned over and hugged Kang Chun Hwa. For her, Kang Chun Hwa has never been a maid. She is like an elder, a family member to her. “Thank you, ahjuhma. Thank you for everything.”

After she pulled away from Kang Chun Hwa, she turned back to Hyun Jun and couldn’t help herself to kneel down again and pulled him into her arms tightly. A strong wave of guilt washed over her, thinking how much this little boy have suffered since she left.

“Hyun Jun-ah… eomma miss you a lot. Thank you for not being angry with me.” She whispered into his ear.

Hyun Jun nodded his head fiercely. “Me too. Hyun Jun miss eomma a lot too. And thank you for coming back.” His tiny arms wrapped tightly around her and a sweet smile curled up his lips. They are all finally back together again.

Min Ho smiled uncontrollably as he crouched down beside them and wrapped his arms around both of them, wanted to join into their happiness. “Me three.”

Just when Shin Hye felt his arms around them, she pulled back slightly and pushed Min Ho away from them. She glared at him with Hyun Jun still wrapped in her arms protectively. “Get lost.”

Min Ho pouted his lips as Hyun Jun and Kang Chun Hwa laughed out loudly. Finally, after a long four months, happy laughter is back to this house again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bedroom…

 

Min Ho took Shin Hye’s luggage and walked upstairs together with her. When she entered the room again after four months, an indescribable feeling came rushing back to her. She glanced around the familiar room; everything was still the same. And when she looked over to her dressing table and saw her wedding ring and the silver bangle sitting inside the opened jewellery box, she held her breath without realizing it.

Min Ho followed her gaze and when it stopped at the ring she was looking at, he pursed his lips and didn’t know what to say. He doesn’t want to say anything wrong or push her too hard. He already felt happy that she agrees to come back. Forgive him or not, he will be patient and give her time. He will not force her to accept him back right away. She needs time.

Taking a deep breath, he pulled her luggage into the walk-in closet and pulled another one out. Shin Hye stared at the different luggage for a moment before looking back at him in confusion.

“What is that?” She asked.

“Hmmm… when I called Hyun Jun last night, I asked ahjuhma to pack my things for me. I’ll leave today.” He replied, tightening his grip around the handle of the luggage. “I haven’t told Hyun Jun about it yet. But… I guess he will be okay since you are back now.”

“Where are you going?” She asked again, her eyes were laced with concern.

“I… I thought of going to Si Wan’s house at first but because Krystal will be there most of the time, I don’t think it’s convenient for me to go there. It will be troublesome to stay in a hotel either. So… I will just stay in the office. It will be easier for me.” He said, letting out an awkward smile.

Shin Hye didn’t know what to say next and there was a long silence before Min Ho spoke again.

“If you don’t mind… can I stay here for lunch and dinner before… before I leave later?” He asked, looking at her cautiously.

She still didn’t say anything and just looked at him quietly.

Is that a no? Min Ho heaved a deep sigh, feeling disappointed. “Hmmm… I’ll put this in the car.” Taking one last lingering look at her, he turned around to walk out of the room but before he could reach the door, Shin Hye’s voice was heard and it stopped him.

“Wait…”

He quickly looked back at her with an expectant gaze. Although he know he has to move out no matter what, but at least let him stay until dinner. He wants to stay longer with her.

“You…” Shin Hye sighed in defeated. “… you can stay here.”

“Really?” Min Ho widened his eyes, didn’t expect she would allow him to stay. He thought she only allow him to stay until dinner.

“I mean… not in this room but… in this house. I’ll stay in this room. You… you sleep in another room.” She quickly clarified.

“No problem. I’ll stay in the guest room.” Min Ho smiled widely. As long as she let him stay in this house, he doesn’t mind to sleep in the toilet.

After another moment of silence, Min Ho put his luggage at the side and slowly walked towards Shin Hye and stopped right in front of her.

“Thank you.” He said in a soft whisper as his eyes looking deeply into hers.

It really needs a lot of self-restraint not to fall into that deep and intense gaze. She tore her gaze from him and cleared , bringing herself back to her rationality.

“Which guest room are you going to use? The one Se Yeon used to sleep when she was here?” She on purpose and lightened the intense atmosphere at the same time.

Min Ho inhaled a sharp breath when he heard Se Yeon’s name again. He leaned forward as their face was only centimeters away. A small smirk curved up his lips when he heard her breath got heavy and her expression turned nervous. After so long, he still has the same effect on her.

“This house is very big and the one Se Yeon stayed is not the only guest room I have. There are a lot of rooms in this house…” He paused and leaned over to her ear as he whispered. “… and I would prefer to stay in the one next to you.”

He smirked again when he saw the blush on her face. Her expression reminds him about the time when they first got married and how much he loves to . Although he would prefer the sweet and lovable version of them but as long as she is willing to give him another chance, he doesn’t mind to start from the starting point again.

“Are you tired? Are you and the baby okay?” He asked, breaking the silence again.

She met his eyes with a glare, feeling grumpy with his tease. “We are fine. Why?”

“I was thinking… if you are not too tired, I want to bring you to your parent’s house after we have our lunch later.” He smiled. “I’m sure they miss you a lot and can’t wait to see you.”

A smile immediately spread across her face and couldn’t contain her happiness. Of course she is not tired to go back to see her parents. She can’t wait to tell them that they will be grandparents very soon.

“Thank you.” She smiled, appreciates what he planned for her.

“You are welcome.” His heart skipped a beat, looking at her beautiful face. He took a step forward and looked into her eyes with a deep gaze. “And I hope… this could add some marks into my performance review later.”

Performance review? Eo… he is talking about the contract and the probation period.

Shin Hye’s smile widened and it was her turn to back now. She took a step back to lengthen the distance between them as she met his eyes. “I’ll think about it.”

Min Ho chuckled and nodded his head in satisfaction. This is surely a good start.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Park’s Residence…

 

The moment Min Ho, Shin Hye and Hyun Jun walked into the compound of her parent’s house, the maid who was happened to be standing at the car porch widened her eyes in shock, as if she has just saw a ghost when she saw them walking towards her.

“Agasshi! What are you doing here? I thought you are…” She asked, but stopped at mid-sentence when her eyes dropped down to her stomach. slowly parted and her eyes grew even bigger now. “Oh my god… are you… are you pregnant?!” She asked in a high-pitched tone.

“Shhh…” Shin Hye walked to her and almost cover the maid’s mouth with her hand when she shouted the word ‘pregnant’ so loudly. “Ahjuhma, do you want the whole neighbourhood to know that I’m pregnant?” A deep sigh escaped her lips before she spoke again. “Where is appa and eomma?”

“T-They… they are inside. I’ll go in and…”

“Ahjuhma!” Hyun Jun jumped to the front and gave the maid his most adorable smile.

“Eo… Hyun Jun…” The shock expression on the maid’s face was now replaced by a wide smile the moment she saw Hyun Jun. “You came too. Ahjuhma miss you a lot. Why didn’t you come to visit us?”

“I wanted to come but appa said…” Hyun Jun glanced at his father before looking back at the maid with his puppy eyes. “… you don’t let him to go in.”

“I… I…” The maid was left tongue-tied and doesn’t know what to say. He was right. The last time he came, she didn’t allow him to go in. She was so angry with him for treating her agasshi so badly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, ahjuhma.” Min Ho stepped forward and greeted the older woman politely.

The maid stared at him and forced an embarrassed smile. With Hyun Jun being here, she couldn’t act rudely in front of a kid.

She then held Hyun Jun’s hand and turned to Shin Hye. “Agasshi, let’s talk inside. Your appa and eomma will be happy to know you are back.” She said as she gently pulled Hyun Jun to go into the house together with her.

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho and smirked when he took a deep breath. His expression was very nervous.

“Ahjuhma seems to be very angry with you.” She although she already knows the reason why her maid acted so coldly towards him.

A deep sigh escaped his lips. “Today is considered better. At least she look at me and didn’t treat me like transparent. You have no idea how fierce she was when I came here after you left. I thought she would take a broom to chase me away.”

Shin Hye laughed and she could imagine the maid doing that to him. “Now do you know how precious I am to my family?”

Min Ho held her gaze and smiled. “You are not only precious to them.” He paused and looked into her eyes meaningfully. “You are very precious to me too.”

“Try telling my parents that and see they will still believe you or not.” Shin Hye challenged him.

He inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it softly. Convincing her parents will be the hardest part.

Shin Hye smiled. “But it was a smart move to bring Hyun Jun along.”

Of course he have to bring Hyun Jun together. He knows her parents love Hyun Jun a lot and already treated him like their own grandchild. It will definitely be an advantage to bring him along.

“For the sake of Hyun Jun and the baby in your stomach, please be gentle to me.” Min Ho said, his voice almost pleading.

“Good luck.” Shin Hye gave his arm a soft pat before she walked into the house.

“This is going to be tough.” He mumbled as he followed from behind with another deep sigh.

~~~~~

Hyun Jun entered the house with ahjuhma first as he walked to the living room and bowed politely at Park Beom Seok and Han Ae Jung.

“Annyeonghaseyo, harabeoji. Annyeonghaseyo, halmeoni.” He greeted them with a sweet smile.

“Eo… Hyun Jun. What are you doing here?” Park Beom Seok was surprised to see him.

“Hyun Jun came here to see harabeoji and halmeoni.” He walked to Park Beom Seok and sat down beside him. “Hyun Jun miss you a lot.”

“Harabeoji miss you too.” Park Beom Seok reached out to caress his chubby cheek with a big smile on his face.

“It’s not only Hyun Jun.” The maid cut in. “Min Ho doryeon-nim and… Shin Hye agasshi came too.” She informed them.

“What? Shin Hye is here? How come?” Han Ae Jung asked as her eyes widened in shock. Shin Hye was still in Busan when she called her last week.

“Yes, halmeoni. Eomma came back this morning with appa.” Hyun Jun said, looking at Han Ae Jung.

“And…” The maid smiled. “… agasshi is pregnant.”

“Pregnant?” Han Ae Jung stood up and just when she wanted to ask further, Shin Hye’s voice filled the room.

“Appa… eomma…”

“Shin Hye…” Han Ae Jung stared at her rounded stomach as her lips parted in awe. Her daughter is really pregnant.

“Eomma…” Shin Hye walked to her mother and gave her a hug.

Han Ae Jung pulled back after a while and scanned her from top to toe. “Oh my god… you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter