Chapter 8: Love...

If I Had a Lover

Yerin POV:
What is love?, now, I’m waiting for love. I wonder if he really avoid me after my confession, I still didn’t get his answer yet..I tried to contacted him, but failed..I tried to looking for him in his class, but he wasn’t there..and now..I’m looking at him who still focus on his book, I just looking at him from a far..I’m affraid if he know that I’m looking at him and he’ll run away. And, someone standing in front of me..all of sudden, block my view,
“Can I ask you something?,” Ahyoung..that girl come in bad time.
“Why?,” I put my handphone in pocket.
“That key chain..I doubted it when I first saw it, but when I saw it more closer, it’s look like my key chain..,” why she so sudden talking about key chain, “can I take a look at it..more closer..” she take a step forward.
“Yah..hobaenim, what kind of manner is that?. I’m your senior, and now you said that I stole your keychain..indirectly..and, do you think that your key chain is the only key chain in this world?, there is another key chain that same as yours..”
“I’m not telling that sunbaenim stole my key chain...”
“It’s same...” honestly, it’s hers. I pick it up when I found it in rooftop, because I know it’s from Sungjae. It’s like she doesn’t want to make another problem by provoking me, so she take a step back, but..I don’t know why my hand grabed her arm so sudden, “can you help me?,” I’m regreting after said that, why I must said that to someone who I really hate..is it because I’m so desperate to get his answer..she look confussed with my words, “I confessed to your friend four days ago, but until today, I didn’t get his answer..”
“I know about your confession..so, do you think I’ll help you..after what you did to me?,” she asked me.
“No, I don’t think you will. Just go..forget about what I said just now..” I just let her go like that.
“Are you sure, sunbaenim?, I think you’ll regret it if you let me go like this..” she turn her head after take steps to leave me.
“Just tell him that I’m still waiting for his answer,” ah...my pride.
“Okay, I’ll tell him then. I don’t know that a scary sunbaenim became like this because of love,” she said with smile, I feel like she is making fun of me, “I’ll leave first then, and I’m sorry for what I did to you just now..” she bowed to me and leave. I feel unfamiliar with her became that bright and polite in front of me. Ah, seriously..I feel my pride is already gone one by one..because of him.
Sungjae POV:
What is love?, for me she is love. The one who always fall a sleep every where...what’s wrong with her..but, eventhough she never show me her feminime side, I still love her, just the way she is. A playfull girl, a girl who really love to read romance novel, and a girl who already had a lover, I love her,
“What’s wrong with you, don’t you affraid if someone will harm you?,” I said to her who sleep in buss stop.
“Who will harm me?,” suddenly the one who sleep said something, “you?,” she pointed her finger to me.
“I won’t do that..” I removed her finger, “where is your boyfriend?,” I asked her.
“Everytime you meet me, you always looking for him. Don’t tell me that you have feeling for him..” she jokingly said that.
“Are you crazy?,” I pushed her body, “why you look so tired?, you even sleep here..”
“Don’t you know why I go home late?,” she asked me, she’ll go home when the school end, but school end three hours ago and she’s still here, I shaked my head, “I want to get good grade this semester, so I’ll study hard for that..the exam will start next week..” I just smile while looking at her,
“Good luck then..”
“Yah..you still didn’t give her your answer, right?,” what she’s talking about, who is ‘her’?, she look at me who is confussed, “aigoo..I’m talking about Yerin sunbaenim.”
“Ah..why suddenly asking about it?,” I asked to her, I don’t feel comfortable talking about it to her.
“She want me to tell you that she still waiting for your answer, it’s already four days after her confession, right?,” she asked and I try to remember when she confessed to me than noded, “are you trying hard to get?. She already sacrificed her pride as woman, she confessed her feeling to you..if you going to make her waiting like this, it’ll be hard for her..” she talked in detail, “because I’m a woman..if it was me who confessed to you and still didn’t get the answer until the fourth day..I’ll kick you hard..”
“Beause it’s hard for me too...if it’s not that hard for me, I’ll give her my answer right away..,” I speak up about my real situation right now, because she is good to me but I don’t have the same feeling for her..it’s like I’m a bad boy if suddenly I rejected her without thinking about what she has done to me...
“Ah..the buss is coming,” I’m following her to ride the buss, I’m still keep silent and she keep looking at me, she is trying to get my answer..
“Just say yes if you do have same feeling, or just say sorry if you don’t have same feeling. Making she wait like this, it’ll make her more hurt..” can you tell me what should I do?, I want to explain my situation to you, but it’s kinda hard for me to do so...
“Don’t you hate her?, ” I suddenly asked that.
“I hate her..but that doesn’t have nothing to do with you, the one who hate her is me..not you..if you like her, just let her know.”
“Should I do that?,” I asked to her once again, why I hope she’ll against me to accept Yerin sunbaenim’s feeling, so I try hard to provoked her, “You want your friend dating someone you hate?.”
“Maybe, when you dating her I became like her more..today, when she told me to tell you that..she was not scary at all..I even smile to her because of her sudden change..she really like you, Sungjae-yah..” why I feel sad when you tell me that other girl like me..I want you to notice that..notice my feeling to you..
“I promise you that I won’t make her wait. Let’s change the topic...”
“Ah..wanna join us?,” she said so sudden, “me and Sunghawan will go to beach this summer holiday..”
“You say that you’ll try hard on this exam, and you already think about holiday’s plan?,” I asked her.
“What’s wrong with that?, I’ll try hard on my exam, so I’ll be relax on my holiday...”
“You don’t have any plan with your boyfriend?,” I asked about her boyfriend again, she laugh at my question.
“Why do you seem so interest in my boyfriend?,” she asked then laugh again, “I don’t know, he still doesn’t tell me about our summer holiday plan...so, you’ll join or not?,” she aksed once again.
“I’ll be the only boy there then if I join..”
“Just ask Ilhoon to join then, so you won’t be the only boy,” she suggested to me.
“Ah..I’ll ask him then..” I’m happy when she still ask me to go out eventhough she has boyfriend, but now everytime I go out with her, just with her, everything seem different. When we walk on the sidewalk while there is no one else, it’ll became awkward, before, we would joking around, but now we just silently walking, “why you didn’t ask your boyfriend to join then?,” I asked that.
“Yah..do you really have a feeling for him?, why did you asked about him all this time?.”
“It’s just..,” I stop my words..
“I want to spent some time with my friends..why?, if I have boyfriend it doesn’t mean I must spent most of my time with him, right?,” she said with smile, then her phone ringing..it’s call from her boyfriend, “yoboseo..oppa...ah, I’m in buss, why?. Okay, I’ll meet you later..” and then end the call..I feel jealous right now, can you see it..?. After she put her phone in her pocket, looking at that key chain..and that smile of yours after end your call with your boyfriend, make me jealous.
*
Sooyoung enjoy her lunch by herself..”what is the point having a boyfriend, I’m still eating lunch alone like this?,” she said then eat her food lazily.
And then, not long after that, a girl come to her table and eat with her,
“Hello..Park Sooyoung,” Sooyoung turn her head and she smile to her, “I’ll accompany you to eat your lunch, your boyfriend is too busy to prepare for his college..” she is former football club manager.
“Ah..yes,” she politely said.
“Let’s talk comfortably like friend, you are my friend’s boyfriend. Ah, I heard from Minhyuk that the two of you had a fight not long ago..” Sooyoung look shocked when she said that she know about their fight, “it’s okay, it’s called relationship, that’s love. You can fight when you had something wrong, if you just keep silent when there is something wrong, then it’ll get worse later,” then she eat her food.
“You know a lot about it.”
“Hahaha,” she laughed freely, “I had relationship before, but end because we never talked it when we feel something wrong, as your sunbaenim in relationship, I just give you a tip,” then she smile once again to her, Sooyoung smile to her too, “ah, and if Yerin distrub you, just tell me..I’ll warn her to stay away from you..”
“You know about that too?,” Sooyoung asked.
“I know about the bathroom incident and rooftop incident from Minhyuk..”
“He know about it?,” Sooyoung asked once again, she is in disbelief, her boyfriend know about her fight with Yerin, but why he didn’t said anything to her.
“Hmm, he said to me that you had fight with her. I asked him if he warned Yerin, but he said that it’s girl problem, he won’t get in between,” Sooyoung more shocked after heard this, “because he told me that it’s girl problem, so me, as a girl will get in between if she suddenly distrub you again..” after that she just silently eat their food, from a far two persons saw that,
“They get along well..” she said.
“Why I feel..something bad will happen..” Yerin said, “I’ll ask Sooyoung later, what happen between the two of them..”
Lunch break almost end, Yerin come to Sooyoung class, suddenly her classmates eyes are on her,
“What are you looking at?,” she said to them, “Park Sooyoung, let’s talk..” she said and draged Sooyoung to come out from class, some of her classmates follow them, “why are you following us?, go back to your class, I won’t bite your friend,” and released her hand, “follow me to rooftop..”
“If you want to ask about Sungjae, he said to me that he’ll..” Yerin shuts .
“Don’t talk about it here,” they are in rooftop now, Sooyoung still look confused with her action, “what did you two talked about when you had lunch?,” she suddenly asked.
“You two?, me and..?,” Sooyoung asked her back.
“You and Inha sunbaenim..”
“Ah..about Minhyuk oppa..why?.”
“You didn’t know who’s Inha sunbaenim?,” Yerin asked her.
“She was football club manager, and she is Minhyuk oppa close friend..”
“Ah, you didn’t know about it, Minhyuk sunbaenim didn’t told you about it. Should I tell you who’s she..”
“Why are you suddenly talk like this, sunbaenim?,” Sooyoung asked.
“Because I feel something bad will happen if I don’t tell you about it..she was Minhyuk sunbaenim’s girlfriend..they were dating just for two months?. Not many students in this school now about it..” Sooyoung doubt it, because Inha sunbaenim really like Minhyuk’s close friend.
“Do you think an ex can became his close friend, they look really close to each other, something that Minhyuk oppa couldn’t talk to me, he would shared it with her..”
“How did you know that something that Minhyuk sunbaenim couldn’t talk to you, he would shared it with her..?.”
“Inha sunbaenim told me that Minhyuk shared a lot of think to her, about our relationship.”
“I’m not trying to do bad thing to you..what I said just now is fact. She was Minhyuk sunbaenim’s girlfriend. And, until now..their relationship is still awkward, it’s not that close as you see..”
“How did you know then?. You said that not many students in this school know about it.”
“There was a time that I close to them..and then, because of something we fight...Enough..I just want to tell you that..don’t believe all of what she said to you..” when she is about to leave.
“I already told Sungjae about it, just wait..he’ll give you his answer,” she smile to Sooyoung.
“Okay, I’ll wait for it.”
*
Sooyoung POV:
I’m waiting for him near his class, he come out from his class with his friends..and Inha sunbaenim als with them,
“Ohh..your girlfriend is here..” I bowed to them, “just go with your girlfriend, you didn’t spent much time with her,” and pushed him so he stand next to me now, suddenly he grabed my hand, I tried to observe Inha’s sunbaenim’s expression, it doesn’t look good, Is she really his ex-girlfriend?.
“Oppa..is there something you want to talk to me?,” I bravely asked to him.
“”Is there something you want to hear from me?,” he asked me back, “is there something bothering you?.” After that fight, he really talk carefully.
“I heard rumor about Inha sunbaenim...”
“Hmm..” he take deep sigh, “she is just my friend, don’t pay attention at rumor that talk bull about me..” is it really like that?, why I became like this?I felel that he told lie to me.

When we walk pass the school garden, I saw Sungjae sit on the bench wit Yerin sunbaenim, and I smiled to them,
“Oppa, you know..Yerin sunbaenim confessed to Sungjae..” I tried to share something to him with a hope that he’ll share something to me too, “he said that he’ll answer her confession today, I think they are talking abput it now.”
“Don’t talk about Sungjae when you are with me,” he’s back again..why he hate Sungjae that much, “it’s his life..I don’t care about him,” what’s wrong with him, he really ruined my mood.
“Haaa..” I take a deep sigh, should we fight again over something like this?.
“Are you angry because of I didn’t want you talk about Sungjae in front of me?,” he pur gas on my burning heart, I tried to calm down.
“I won’t talk about Sungjae in front of you again..”
“Let’s change the topic then..,” he said while rubing my head, “we’ll do all of your bucket list when summer holiday come,” it’s something that I want, but why I don’t feel happy about it.
“Okay, let’s do it. But, I’ll go to beach with my friend before that..” when I said that, he turn his head, I know he’ll think that I’ll go to beach with Sungjae, “it’s my girl-friend..I’ll intoduce her to you later..” and then he smiled to me. And now, I ask to myself..do I really love him?, does he really love me?. Why those questions suddenlly poped out in my mind.
*
While Sungjae and Yerin sit next to each other, Yerin smile widely when he called her to come to school garden..
“Why you like me?,” he asked to her.
“Because you are my type..” she look at him, “a tall boy, smart boy, good boy..and handsome boy..”
“I think not just me who had that criteria,” he said.
“I know it’s not just you, but the one who attracted me the most is you, why?, you didn’t like it?,” she asked him.
“It’s not like that. It’s really feel good when knowing someone love you..but..” Yerin feel anxious, “what sould I do if it’s not you who attracted me the most?.” Yerin know who is that girl who attracted him,
“the girl who attarcted you already had lover, is it okay for you to still have that feeling to her?,” she asked her..she is in pain now.
“Is it wrong to have feeling to someone who already have boyfriend?. I’m happy just standing by her side as her friend for now..someday a chance to confess my feeling will come to me..”
“So, before that chance come to you, can you give me chance?,” he look confused, “a chance to make you like me back.” Sungjae look taken back with her words, “give a chance to make you like me..let me stand by your side as your girlfriend.”
“You know about my feeling, but how can you said that?,” he asked.
“And..you know about my feeling..how can you said that?,” she asked the same question to him, “is it wrong for me to love someone who had feeling to someone else?, not, right?. So, give me that chance..it’s chance for you too.”
“Chance for me?.”
“I’m loving someone who is single, but you loving someone who already had lover, so I give chance for you to not hurt your own feeling further..” Sungjae in deep thought, yeah his feeling really hurt when knowing his crush dating someone else..should he treat his wound now..
“Okay..I’ll give you that chance..” he decided to date her first.
*
On his way back home, he meet Sooyoung who back from buying something,
“You just come?,” she asked he replied with a nod, “so, does it go well?,” she asked about him and Yerin, he just replied it with smile.
“What did you bought?,” he asked to her.
“Just something, I want to knitting something,” she showed him what she bought. He just looking at her while smiling, she smile back to her.
“You said you want to try hard for this exam. Why suddenlly knitting?.”
“I’ll try hard..if I bored when I’m studying, I’ll do knitting then..” she smile again..
Actually I’m someone who spent so much time wanting you. I like that smile..I like walking side by side with you..I like these small teembeling, this heart fluttering. It’s just feeling that I can’t throw away. That's Love..