Chapter 1: meet my first love

If I Had a Lover

Sooyoung POV:

Today is the last day in middle school, after graduation I walked around school, to recall my school days. After this, I can’t come here often. When I walk in front of second grade, my junior greet me, sometime they asked me about someone,

Sunbaenim, where is Sungjae-oppa?,” a school girl who bring a gift with red ribbon asked me about my bestfriend.

“I don’t know. Ah..a fangirl?,” her smiling face make me want to puke, she gives me a sign that she wants me to give her gift to Sungjae, and you know I tired with this, “you can give it by yourself, don’t use me,” I left her. When I walked around the school yard, there are some school boys play football, one of them is him, the smartest student who have a lot of fan girl, Sungjae. I watch him from a far, he said that he want plays football with his friends after graduation, more than half of viewer are girl and of course, they are here to give their spirit to that boy.

“Soo...young.., what are you doing here?,” a girl hug me from behind, she is my closest girl-friend in this school, Seungwan. Why I become closed to her, because she different from the other school girls, she wasn’t use me to become close to Sungjae, “this weekend, we’ll have a party at my house, you’ll come right?,” she asked me about the class’s party, she was the class president.

“Of course. I’ll help you for preparation, I’ll come early tomorrow,” I offered a help.

“Eii, no need to help. My mom will take care of it,” she rejected my offer. Ah..I forget that she is an only child from rich family, the preparation will be done in one minute by the maids.

“We won’t go to the same school again, it’s sad..,” suddenly she said about the high school. Yaa..we are going to different school, but it’s not like we can’t meet again so it’s not that sad for me,

“Don’t over acting, we can meet everytime you want,” I hit her arm.

“It’s a lie, right?, to comforted me. You said you’ll get busier after this..you’ll get a part time job and join in some extra curriculars, so when I can meet you?,” she asked me with a serious face.

“Weekend?, and I’m not the only one who get busier. I think your parent won’t allow you to play like a middle schoolar again. They will sent you to various course,” she doesn’t response to my statement, she looks agree with me. “I’ll go home first,” I said good bye to her.

“You’ll leave Sungjae?,” she asked me about him, yaas..we always together, going to school or back home, so when I leave school without Sungjae, she always asked me if we had fight before.

“He still enjoy playing football, so let him be. He’s not even my child, he can comeback home withouth me,” I stand and clean up my skirt, “see you tomorrow,” I give her a high five and leave her. I messege Sungjae, inform him that I leave first.

In bus stop, there is no space left and suddenly a high schoolar stand up and offering me his seat,

“You can sit here, you look so tired,” and I can feel that my cheek getting red, it’s so embarrassing.

“Thank you,” I said that and sit on his seat. In 5 minutes, the bus come and it’s turn out that he ride the same bus with me. I took the back seat and suddenly he sit beside me, it’s make me more embarrassed because my face is still red, I can feel it. I take my phone and see my face in phone screen,

“It’s not that red, it’s pink,” he knows it, and it’s make me more and more embarrassed.

“Ah..is that so?,” awakwardly asked that.

“Middle schoolar?,” he asked me.

“Today is my graduation. So, from today I’m not a middle schoolar.” He gives me an attractive smile.

“Ah, so you are a high schoolar now?.”

“After holiday, I’m officially a high schoolar,” he gave me that smile again.

“You are so cute, what’s your name?,” it’s our first time meet, right?, he said I’m cute, is he planing to make my face burn out because of embarrassed?

“Cute?, I’m Sooyoung, and...your name?,” I courage myself to asked that. It’s not my usual self.

“Minhyuk, I’m a high schoolar. My school not far from your school,” he smile once again. And..wait, high school that near my middle school?, it’s only that school, my new school. So, is he my sunbae?, so will we meet again?, “I get of first, bye,” he wave to me who still can’t think stright.

*

Sungjae POV:

My mom wanted me to give some side dishes to Sooyoung, so here I’m. I rang the bell many time, but no one open the door. Her father is still in the office, and she should at home now, because she leave first. I know her home password, so I just press the number and enter the house. There isn’t anyone at home, so where is she?. I put the side dishes in kitchen and try to call her,

“Where are you?, I’m at your home to give you some side dishes,” I asked her, when she give me the answer I immedietly come to that place, the playground next to her apartment.

“What are you doing here?,” here she is, lying down on the bench and turn on her mp3, that song, her favorite song played, she sang along.

Namja chingu ga senkimyon...hago siptonil nomuna mana..”she give me that smile, a weird smile and I hate that kind of smile.

“You don’t have other song?, I know, it’s your favorite song, but it’s too much...,”

“Ahh...you ruin my mood, Sungjae-yah..if I had a boyfriend I want to do all things in this song, it’s really sweet,” I know you’ll say it. When this song played, you always say those thing.

“I know..but don’t you think you must had a boyfriend beforehand?. So, you can bring your fantasy to reality,” once again, she give me a weird smile.

“A boyfriend?, I had boyfriend,” she pull my hand, “here he is, my boyfriend,” she give me shocked, she is really weird.

“What are you saying?,” I hit her hand so she come to her sense.

“I’ll do all the things in this song with you, my boyfriend,” it’s look like she do that on purpose, to make me disgusted, I hope she end this joke, “you are my boy-friend...a male friend, right?,” she pinched my arm.

“Is there some reason that make you like this?,” I asked her, I gave her the soda that I bought before.

“I meet a guy today, and you know, he makes my heart melted,” she start her story and drink her soda.

“So, what?,” I asked.

“I think...it’s my first time like that. Is it sign of love?,” she said that with cheesy voice.

“It’s your first time that a guy make your heart fluttered?, so, is he your first love?.”

“First love?, maybe...because I feel that kind of feeling for the first time, so you can call it first love.”

I’m a guy here, we know each other for 4 years and the one who make your heart fluttered for the first time isn’t me..who is he..?. It’s make me curious.