Chapter 21 : Special…

If I Had a Lover

5 months later…

Sooyoung busy choosing wedding dress for her wedding next month, she come with Seunghwan who look tired but still help her,

“This kind of thing, usually you do with your groom, why you asked me to come here with you?, to show off that you’ll marry?, ” she asked angrily, “wah..it’s pretty,” she said when she saw women staff bringing out the other wedding dresses, “ah..because of you I imagining something…that someday, I’ll became a bride for someone…” she said, she is in fighting mood with her boyfriend now, so she became like that…she is not sure that the one who’ll became her groom is her current boyfriend.

“My groom is busy in hospital…I understand him and his job. Last night there is surgical operation, so he must really tired right now..but he couldn’t go home and properly resting..he just texted me that he want to go with me, but he can’t..,” she explained to Seunghwan, “he was with your boyfriend in hospital…doing the surgical operation,” she said, teasing her.

“Yah..I’ll leave if you keep talking about him..”

“Yah..in a relationship, quarrel is something natural..but if you keep distance when there is problem, not talking to him and settle it, there won’t be any way for both of you to keep the relationship…so, communication is really important, call him, don’t only get mad without trying to settle your problem..yah, that pride…don’t go too far with that pride, you are waiting for him to call you, right?. Let me tell you as a sunbae in relationship, if you keep waiting like this, this problem will take longer to settle…just call him. Didn’t both of you have a fight months ago?, aii…don’t make a small thing became big…, don’t fight too often, ” she said then leave her.

“Who is the man in this relationship…he must be the one who call me first and ask me to settle this problem together…”

“Okay, I’ll tell him to call you first,” she said then take out her phone from her bag,

“Yah, what are you doing?,” Seunghwan run to Sooyoung and take her phone, “don’t call him.”

“I won’t call him, but I’ll call Sungjae..give it to me,” she said while trying to take back her phone, then leave her while talking on her phone with Sungjae, and back not long after that, “is this dress look good on me?, I really love it,” she asked to Seunghwan.

“You look good on it..,” not long after she said that, a call come,

“Your handphone ringing,” she said then grining, Seunghwan take a look at her phone, Ilhoon calling her, “you make me and my fiancé to became third wheel, it’s your opportunity, pick it up and settle your problem,” she said then leave her with the dress.

*

Sungjae POV:

A week before the wedding, Sooyoung’s mom want to have the last date with me, now here I’m choosing the best cloth while Sooyoung looking at me,

“Are you that excited to have date with mom?, are you like that too when you had date with me?,” she asked, it’ look like she’s jealous.

“Why?, I want to look good in front of your mom, although it’s the third date, I still want to look good in front of her. I was also like that when I have date with you, at beginning,”I said then smile.

“Just at the beginning?, ” she look upset, “you look good, whatever you wear,” she said that then leave me,

“Is it a compliment or just because you don’t want me to ask that kind of question to you again?,” I asked her while following her from behind, she doesn’t give me the answer, “why you look so upset suddenly?.” Then she take out some fruits from refrigerator, then cut it,

“Bring it when you meet mom, she really like strawberry,” she said then pack the fruits, then take out some breads and vegetables, “I’ll make some sandwich, you said that she want to have picnic, at least you bring something for her,” she said while cutting the vegetables, I’m so pround of her, start from next week I can freely say to anyone that she is mine, she is really mine..that beautiful and nice woman is my wife, my woman.

“I thought you upset, but you make all this kind of food for us,” I said while giving her hug.

“I’m not that bad, you have date with my mom, should I get jealous over it?,” she asked then moving to get plate, I’m still hugging her, more tight, “ahh..could you go there?, I must prepare this, if you keep hugging me like this, it’ll take long time, ” she said, then I leave her while pouting my lips.

I still couldn’t believe it that she’ll officially became my wife next week…back then, I thought I’m having one sided love, but then she replied to me that she feel the same, don’t know since when but she feel the same. Me too, I don’t know since when I feel that I love her, feel like I want to be with her all the time because the thing I know back then is feeling of hurt and angry when I know she was dating someone, and it’s not me, when she said to me that she liked that person and that person like her too. Now, that she’ll always by my side, now that she say to me that she love me too like I love her, the feeling of happiness full fill all over my heart. I feel like I can smile all days, having her by my side like this it’s really like dream,

“Hmm, take this,” she said while giving me what she made for me, “enjoy your last date with mom,” she said then smile to me, I kiss her cheek and said thank you..thank you..”what’s wrong with you?, just go before it’s late.”  

We meet at a park in Ilsan, I came all the way here because Sooyoung’s mom want it,

“Do you feel strange whenever have a date with me?,” she asked to me while I’m prepare for the picnic, “I pack some foods, let’s eat it,” she said.

“I do feel strange, but I just think it us take a walk with my mom, hehe. Sooyoung also pack some foods for us to eat, ” I take out the foods that made by Sooyoung.

“Did she angry again to you?,”  she asked, I answered that with laughing, “I packed your favourite food, I also brought yogurt,” she said while taking out plastic bag that full of yogurt.

“Wah..thank you,” I said to her. We spent three time to date, so we know this much about each other, from my favourite food, my favourite place, until knowing why I like her daughter and choosed her as my future wife. She said to me that when I marry someone, I should know her family too and understand them too, not just the woman. It’s her reason, why she want to have date with me, just three time of date, we know so much about each other, and understand each other too.

“Next week is the d-day, aren’t you nervous?,” she asked.

“I don’t feel anything now, just excited, but I don’t know if the D-day, I think I won’t stay still,” I said, then she laughing hard.

“Thank you for letting me know so many things about you, about my daughter that  life far from me for years, thank you for making her happy in this past years, and..please make her happy in the future too.., I trust you, son In-law,” she said to me then smile.

“Don’t worry…I’ll work hard to make her life a happy live,” I tried to make her feel secure having me as her son in-law. 

Sooyong POV:

Today is the day…I’m nervously looking at mirror, me who wearing wedding dress now..tiara on my head…I’m trying to smile because it’s my happiest day, but why I can’t…suddenly I miss my dad…if he is here now, I think I’ll be happier…

“Are you ready?,” Seunghwan is there, she come with Joohyun who wear the same dress,

“Hmm, am I okay?, like this?,” I asked to them.

“You are the prettiest today..don’t worry,” Joohyun said to me.

“Yah..are you gained weight?, or there is someone in your womb?,” Seunghwan asked to me, then she get hit, “ah, why??,” she asked back.

“We life together, but we never do that..you know?,” I said to her firmly.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Let’s go, the groom already waiting for you there,” she said to me then help me stand up, “smile brightly, today is your day, Sooyoung-ah,” she said. I’m trying to smile brightly while walking to him, he smile brightly too but then when I stand next to him,

“What’s wrong?,” he asked, he know me too well, and I just smile to him, so he won’t worry about it,

“Nothing wrong, don’t worry…” then he grab my hand tightly,

“You are really pretty in wedding dress,” he whispering to me while walking, “let’s talk a lot of photo today..,” he said then I smiled to him. After exchange ring, we watch a video that made by his sister and my sister, it’s about us from baby until now…then in the last part with backsong ‘the thing I want to do if I have a lover’ that we sang together, first duet song that we sang together, my favourite song,

“Where did they get this song?,” he asked to me while pinching my cheek.

“I said that I won’t spread this online, it’s not online..so I’m not broked my promise,” I came with an excuse, then he smiling but I know that he is little bit mad,

“My voice doesn’t sound good,” he said.

The last part is when his sister interviewed me and my sister interviewed him,

“Jyaa, my future Sister in-law…in the next 3 days you’ll became someone’s wife, how do you feel?.”

“It’s feel great, but at the same time it feel strange…became someone’s wife..how do you feel unniei when you get married?.”

“I’m the one who interviewing you, why you asked me back. The next question, since when you fall for him?, tell me truthfully, what’s his charm?.”

“I don’t know when exactly I start to like him..but for sure he like me first..hahaha. His charm?, good looking, good at studying, good at making jokes, and good at making me touched by his action, ”

“Are those his charm?, why I couldn’t find those in him as my brother…the last question, when will you having child?.”

“Isn’t it too early to asked that?.”

“Then I’ll change it, how many kids do you want?.”

“I won’t say I want 1 child or 2 childs…the thing that I want to say is, no matter how many my chids in the future..I just want to say to them that mom and dad willl take a good care of them,always stay with them so that it can assure them that they are not alone ”

“Wahh..I can’t believe that those words said by Sooyoung, congratulation on your new life, and welcome to the jungle. Sungjae-yah, take good care of her, noona believe in you.”

Everyone who watching it have a bright smile on their face, the groom and bride too,

“Hmm, I like you first, but you don’t know it, or you were  pretending to not know,” he said to me.

“If I know it faster, then it’s no fun,” after said that he pinched me. Now his video that recorded by my sister.

“Honestly, I’m not that close to him but I’m still trying so we can life comfortably as family. Now I’m with the groom to-be, to my future brother in-law, how do you feel now?.”

“Strangely, I don’t feel nervous at all right now, I feel excited and really looking forward to the D—day. Looking forward to wearing a tuxedo, looking forward to see my beautiful bride wearing pretty wedding dress.”

“You are such a cheesy man. Okay, the next question. You dated with my mom three time, right?. What’s the difference between dating my mom and my sister?.”

“Aii, what’s wrong with this question, it sound like I’m a playboy. Let’s call it getting know more about my bride’s family from my future mother in-law. We meet three time, and she gave me a lot of advice about marriage. The difference is, when I meet my future mother in-law, I want to look good and leave a good impression to her, but when I meet my bride..my girlfriend,I just comfortably meeting her with comfortable cloth, without afraid that she’ll leave me if I do something embarrassing, like burp in front of her, haha..like that..”

“The last question, what you want to do with her after wedding?, honeymoon?.Did you book for hotel?.”

“We couldn’t go to honeymoon right away after wedding because of my schedule, but I promise her that I’ll get some days off so we can  go to honeymoon. Was the questions that asked to Sooyoung are the same questions?.”

“I don’t know, ask to your sister. And finally the day will come, I heard that you know each other since middle school, it’s pretty long, right?. I hope you won’t get bored of her,after spent 14 years with her…”

“I spent time as her friend in 8 years, then spent as her boyfriend in almost 6 years, then I’ll spend the rest of my live as her husband.. ”

“Aisshh..why I should hear that kind of words from you…?, I won’t get jealous…”

After watching that video, all of the guests laughing while clapping together,

“Congratulation,” they said, I face him whie standing and smile to him, the man in front of me, now he is my husband, I don’t know how many years I’ll spend with him as his wife, but I’ll spend it happily. We’ll fight sometime, it’s for sure, but those fight will make our marriage became stronger than ever. Back then, me who like reading romance novel always imagine ‘if I were the main lady in this story, I’ll really happy,’ ‘if I had a lover like this girl, what’ll I do with him?’, now..a man who look like he come straight from romance novel is in front of me, a good looking man and he has so many charm, he is here as my husband, so from now on, I won’t imagine anything like that, there is no ‘if’ because the man already in front of me, so I’ll say..’I’ll do it..I’ll do it..with him’

“Let’s take photo,” he said then grab my hand,we take so many photos, because today is a special day for both of us. I’ll keep this day in my memory, then someday I’ll tell my children how happy I am while showing these photo and say ,”This day your dad and mom really happy because they had each other..we were really love each other to death…until now..we still love each other, it never change..

*

“Ahhh…I’ll take back what I said before that he come straight from romance novel, what is this?,” Sooyoung waiting for him in airport, after three months of their wedding, finally they’ll go to honeymoon but the flight that will bring them to their honeymoon’s place is already take off 30 minutes ago, she got call from him, “don’t go to airport, I’ll go there and make sure that you’ll die in my hand,” she said while dragging her big carrier, she brought his carrier too, then they meet, he just come out from taxi,

“Sorry,” he said, he look tired. She doesn’t want to say that she understand him and his job, she want to release her anger now, but she decided to hold it back,

“You know, there is no other woman like me?, just now I said I’ll kill you, but when I saw your tired face, that desire to kill you suddenly disappeared,” she said, he smile to her, a pround smile,

“I’m not really tired, don’t worry. I’ll book another flight, let’s go.”

How pround I’m…the women who stand next to me, who always wonder how am I doing, who always worried when I’m get tired, who always give me the sweetest smile when I get home from work is you. Someday I’ll say to my children that there is no other women like their mom, she is really the best.

THE END