Chapter 17: “Should I go back or stay?”

If I Had a Lover

The gift from Minhyuk is still in his room, it’s already three days after that day but he doesn’t have courage to give it to her, he always wondering what’s he put in those box, he want to know..

“Ah..should I give it to her now?,” he asked to himself.

“What are you doing?,” her sister enter his room without noticed.

“You didn’t even knock door before enter my room,” after heard that, his sister knocking the door, “the order is wrong, you already enter my room before knocking..”

“Ayyy..what’s wrong with you, nagging in early morning. Taste this food, I made it just now..,” she said while giving him the food, he eat that, “how?, is it delicious?if it’s delicious give it to Sooyoung later,” she said.

“Why?, you try to be a good housewife?, ” he’s teasing his sister, “hmm..it’s delicious, but Sooyoung can make it more delicious than you..” he is teasing again, his sister find out about the bag that Minhyuk gave,

“What is this?, it’s not like you got it from your fans, right?. The colour didn’t match with your character…” his sister said then take the plate that Sungjae bring,

“Didn’t match?, why?, you think I don’t like pink and flower ornament like that?,” he asked, teasing again.

“Did you said you like pink?, what kind of guy are you?,” she said then leave, Sungjae once again looking at the bag.

“Noona, pack the food that you want to give to Sooyoung, I’ll go there now..” he said then back to his room to take the bag,

“Ah, it must be for Sooyoung?, you want to propose to her?,” she asked.

“Why I must propose to her with this gifts?, it’s not me who bought all of it..” he said then pick the food then leave house.

Sooyoung still in the kitchen, she cook something for breakfast then suddenly Sungjae come to the kitchen and put a bowl of food that his sister make,

“Noona made this,” he said then take a deep sigh, Sooyoung take that while looking at him,

“Why?, is there something wrong?,” then she noticed the bag, it’s bag that she saw three days ago.

“I really hate this, but I must give it to you..” he put the bag on the table, “Lee Minhyuk gave it, he said that it’s your birthday’s gifts..” Sooyoung smile when she saw angry Sungjae,

“Are you jealous?, why am I happy to seeing you jealous..,” then she take a look in the bag, “if you hate it, just throw it. I won’t accepted that if you don’t like it..” she said.

“You want me to throw away those gifts..?,” he is thinking, “then open one of the gifts, if there is something that you like you can have it..”

“What?,” Sooyoung shocked after heard her boyfriend answer.

“Maybe, there is something you like that I couldn’t effort, just take it, I’m okay..” Sooyoung smiling again,

“Are you still angry?, or jealous?,” she teased Sungjae, “then I’ll open one of the gifts,” she said, but Sungjae grabing Sooyoung’s hand, “why?.”

“Give it to Seunghwan..or Joohyun-ssi..or Yerin..”

“Why that last name came out?,” she asked, “you want to give it to her?, then Seunghwan have a boyfriend too, he’ll angry if he know we give this gifts to her,” she said in cute way, Sungjae suddenly pinched her cheek

“Are you angry too?, ahh speaking of Seunghwan’s boyfriend…he said that he want to have double date this weekend, do you have time?,” he asked.

“You said that my dad court is this weekend, do you think we still can go double date?,” she asked.

“The court in Saturday, so we’ll go on double date in Sunday..,” he said.

“Ah..speaking of Yerin, I agree about that, we’ll give those gifts to her as thanks because..she help me to found out the truth behind my dad death..”

“Then just get her another gift that she like..she already help you this much, but you give her the gifts that you couldn’t accepted.”

“Ah..then do you know what she like?,” she look angry again, she back to the kitchen and take out the milk and pancake, “get out from my house now..” she said then take a seat.

“Let’s have breakfast together,” he said then walking to the kitchen and take out one of the pancake, and pour the milk to the glass, then take a seat in front of her, “I want to see your mad face before going to work..,” he jokes again.

“Do you want to die?,” she said while lift up the fork.

*

Sooyoung come to the office, but the other still didn’t come, except this person,

“Where are the other?,” she asked.

“Café, someone come 30 minutes ago to treat them coffee..” Joohyun said while organizing the new magazine that will distribute today,

“Wah..it’s pretty. Someone?, who is he/she?,” Sooyoung asked.

“Your ex-boyfriend, he said because we write the interview nicely, so he treat us.”

“Ah, why you didn’t come with them..?.”

“Because he want me to wait for you, and take you there..let’s go,” she said then grab Sooyoung’s hand, but Sooyoung not move, “yah, I said let’s go…he buy coffee for us..”

“I’ll stay here..my stomatch will hurt if I drink coffee in the morning..”

“You avoid him, right?. Yah, he is your past, past is past. Why?, do you have lingering feeling?,” her words make Ahyoung more angry.

“Yah..what are you saying?, lingering feeling?, me?. I have a boyfriend now, and he is hundred time better than him, it’s just..I’m still angry to him..”

“Then let him apologize to you,” not long after that, the other come with Minhyuk, he bring two glasses of coffee,

“I bought for you,” he said then give one of the coffee to Joohyun.

“She said her stomach will hurt if she drink coffee in the morning,” she said, Sooyoung know that she is talking about her, “just give it to her, and make her stomatch more hurt, you bought it for her, right?,” her way of talking to Minhyuk like they know each other for a long time, “why?, do you want to know how can we became this close?, it’s because of you..” Joohyun said after saw Sooyoung’s face when knowing that her words towards Minhyuk look so naturall, “Minhyuk-ssi, apologize to her. I don’t know what happen before, but apologize is the best way now, sincerely..” the other looking at them,

“Both of you look so awkward around each other, we know that both of you dated in the past, and we fine with that. Don’t make us more curious about your past…” one of the member team said.

“Very well said,” the maknae adding.

“I have something to talk, follow me,” Minhyuk said, but she is not following him instead, she sit on her seat then start her work, Minhyuk back to her and grab her hand, “I said follow me..”

“I will,” she said while looking at their hand, Minhyuk let go of her hand and they come out from the office,

“Did you received my gifts?,” he asked when they sit on the bench in park near the office.

“Hmm..I received it, thank you although I don’t know what’s in it..” she answered.

Minhyuk silently looking at her, she is silently looking at the ground, “is that the thing you want to ask to me?, if you finished it, I’ll back to my work,” she said, when she is about to leave,

“Grant me a wish, then after that I won’t disturb you..,” he said while giving a piece of paper to her, “I still save your list well..I added one for the last number,” she read the last one that he added to the list, “I’m sorry..really sorry, but I want to do something with you, for the last time..”.

“How can you say that after leave me like that…you want me to grant your wish for the last time, you can guarantee that it’ll be the last time?,” she said while walking closer toward him, “if you are sorry for the past, just say sorry, I’ll sincerlly accept it. I’ll bring it since it’s mine,” she said than leave him.

*

Minhyuk sit in front of Sungjae, he come to the hospital for rutine theraphy. Sungjae explained about what should he do so he’ll recovery early, but Minhyuk didn’t give response to him,

“Is there something else you want to say to me?,” Sungjae asked.

“You give my gifts to her, didn’t she responsed anything after received it?,” he asked.

“Should I say as your doctor or as her boyfriend?,” Sungjae asked back.

“Why?, if you say as my doctor, you’ll tell me something to make me happy, although is a lie because I’m your patient?, like that?.”

“You know it well, but now I’ll tell you as her boyfriend, I’ll tell you the truth…she said to me that she won’t accept anything that I don’t like. Is that enough for you?,” he asked, “we should do another theraphy, stand up please,” he said then help him to go to the next step.

After done therphy with Minhyuk, he came to the canteen and meet Ilhoon there,

“Why?, is there something wrong?,” he asked.

“Should I marry her?, so there won’t be any men who came near to her, especially her past..” he suddenly said that, it’s not the answer that Ilhoon want.

“Ahh…are you talking about Sooyoung and Minhyuk. Yah..are you that insecure?, are you afraid that she’ll comeback to him?,” he asked.

“Hmm, maybe. But it’s not like I don’t trust her, I trust her, but if he come to her too often..then what should I do?,” he asked to Ilhoon.

“Treat her better, she’ll stay with someone who make her comfortable the most. Isn’t that right?.”

“After dating, you know so much about love…” he .

“So, this weekend, will it go as I planned?, double date,” he asked about double date.

“Let’s go, in Sunday. In Saturday, me and her will come to the last court,” he said then smiling to him, “let’s eat, it’s look delicious..” he said then eat his food.

Sooyoung waiting for Sungjae in the park, it’s already late, but she still come there to wait for him, when she saw him, she wave her hand and he runs to her,

“Are you even woman?, why still outside the house at this time?,” he said then grab her hand, “your hands so cold..don’t wait for me here, wait for me at house so you’ll stay warm,” he said.

“Haa..your words so naturally come out like that. Are we married couple?, you came to my house after work?. Yah..from now on, don’t came to my house everyday…I heard weird rumor about us in this neighborhood..”

“What kind of rumor?.”

“Just do it as I want. Ah, I want to asked you something..” she take out the piece of paper from her pocket, “Minhyuk give me this..he came to our office this morning. The last one, he added it..he want me to grant that wish, after that he’ll completely leave me..so..”

“So, you want to asked to me ‘should I go back or stay?’, like that?, are you waiting for me just want to ask that?,” he asked in the high tone, he look angry.

“It’s not like that..I know you’ll be angry if you hear this, but he said he’ll never disturb me if I grant his wish, hmmm..” she’s still trying.

“So, after you grant his wish, if you can’t go back, what should I do?, he said that you must do whatever he want..” he aksed.

“What are you saying?, I’ll go back nomatter what, because there is someone waiting for me, I’ll go back for him..he said that he want to marry me..of course I should go back..I want to be his wife,” she said then smiling to him, he turn his body to her then smiling,

“Let me think about it, it’s really hard for me too..” he said while hugging her.

“Hmm..I know, I’ll give you plently of time..don’t get angry again, I’m afraid if you angry,” she said, then he rubbing her hair while smiling.

The last wish that Minhyuk wrote on the list is,

Spend one day with me and do whatever I want