Chapter 2: the idols

If I Had a Lover

First day in high school, because they go to the same school, now they walk side by side to bus stop,

“What kind of hairstyle is this?,” she playing with his hair.

“A smart student hairstyle,” he proundly said that word while hitting her hand again and again.

“Ah..smart student?, it’s not look good, want to try another style?,” she touched his hair once again, “let me be your hairstylist for today,” they reached the bus stop, they sit side by side, there are another studenst in that bus stop, she organize his hair style once again, “now, your hairstyle is better,” she finish the organizing. He take out his handphone and look at his hairstylist done to his hair,

“It’s not that bad, thank you,” the bus that goes to their school arrive, they rode that bus and sit on back sit. Sooyoung take out her mp3 and headphone, she share the headphone with her friend who sit beside him, Sungjae. They listening to Sooyoung favorite song, when the song start,

“Yah..seriously, don’t you have the other song?,” Sungjae loudly scold her, half of the passenger looked back.

“Yah..lower your voice, we are in the bus. Okay, I’ll change the song,” three songs has played, and in the next bus stop they will get of so,

“Let’s go, aigoo, everytime you rode the bus, you’ll become sleepy,” he spraying her face with something,

“What is this?,” she asked while clean up her face.

“My saliva,” he teased his friend so she can fully woke up, then he got hit, “Yah..it’s hurt. It’s spray, I’m not that mean.”

They reached their new school, she smiled brightly, she closed her eyes and try to enjoy the moment before enter the gate, but it’s got distraction by some voice,

“Who is he?, he is not bad.”..”Wah..is he one of new student?, it’s good.” She opens her eyes, some school girl staring at her friend who stand beside her, and it’s start, she runs, left her friend alone,

“Yah..Park Sooyoung, wait for me,” the boy runs to catchs her.

They not in the same class, it’s more comfortable for Sooyoung. If they in the same class, the other students and the teachers will start compare her with the smart student, Sungjae. And, one more, the thing that Sooyoung wants to avoid so bad, the girls who became his fans, 100% they will use her to become close to Sungjae because they know that they are best friend.

“Sooyoung-ssi?,” she just sit in her seat after lunch.

“Yes, I’m,” when she turn her head, a school girl, look like she is her senior, “Ah..hello sunbaenim..,” she greet her and the senior give her a bright smile.

“So..you are his best friend...,” Sooyoung give her a poker face, “Sungjae..you are his best friend right?,” Sooyoung give her an awakward smile, “okay, I think in the future I need your help, see you again,” she said good bye to Sooyoung and left her class.

“It’s the first day, right?,”she sighed and put her head on the table, she just closed her eyes, but some voice make her woke up, she looks to someone who make that voice, “is there something wrong?,” she asked.

“Minhyuk sunbaenim, the school athlete, he is here,” she answered her question, and Sooyoung deeply thinking,

“Minhyuk?, Minhyuk?..I hear that name before right?, who is he..?,”. And then here he is, Minhyuk, the school athlete who take charge of sport extra curricular, “Ahhh...he is that person,” he looks at Sooyoung, so she gave him smile and he smiled back. He explain the sport extra curricular in the school,

“There are so many sport extra curricular in this school, if you want to join, you can fill the form and choose the extra you want and give that form to me, I’ll wait until Friday. Thank you,” he left the class with his friend. The girls from her class clap loudly.   

“What is this?, the school idol?,” she put her head on the table once again, and she woke up again when there is someone poke her back, “another fangirl again,” lazily lift up her head and the person in front of her is not a girl but a boy, “what is this?, a fanboy?,” she asked to herself with a soft voice.

“Follow me, there is someone who want to talk to you,” she follow him and she saw someone standing in the corner hall way, because the lunch break will be over in 6 minutes, the other student already in their class, “yah..she is here, I leave first,” he call his friend to let him know.

“Hmm...thank you,” the someone in the corner identity solved, he is 1st generation of school idol, Minhyuk, “hello, why you not let me know that you go to this school?,” he asked that question.

“In my remembrance, sunbaenim didn’t asked to me about that. Is this the thing sunbaenim want to know?, why not asked me when you were in my class before, then, I’ll leave first, ” when she steped back,

“Wait, it’s because all of school girls’s attention, I don’t really like it, so I call you to this place. It’s nice to see you, Sooyoung-ah,” Minhyuk slightly smile to Sooyoung

“Ah..is that so. Nice to see you too, sunbaneim. Okay, I’ll leave first, sunbaenim,” Sooyoung walk faster to avoid school girl’s atention, “what should I do?, there is another disaster. Isn’t it our second meeting?and he called me Sooyoung-ah?, it’s looks like he is that kind of boy” when she entered the class, the school girls in her class look at her with evil eye, “it’s looks like, after this my school live will be tough.”

School had end, when Sooyoung organizing her book someone call her from the class door,

“Sooyoung-ah...,” some girls from her class who still in the class whispering to each other, Soyoung didn’t response her friend’s call, she just walk past him end try to avoid him, “Yah..Park Sooyoung, let’s go together..,” he shouted to Sooyoung and run to catch her. Now, they walk side by side, “It’s look like..you trying to avoid me, is that right?,” he asked her.

“Hmm..it’s good that you know,” withouth looking at him, “and I think, from tomorrow we can go separately.  It’s uncomfortable if some people looking at me because I walked side by side with you, and then they will talk bad about me,” suddenly her voice indicate her anger.

“Talk bad?,” Sungjae wants more explanation from Sooyoung.

“Yah..I’ll go first, let’s meet at bus,” and then she run from Sungjae.

“Yah..what is this...,” when he try to follow his friend, suddenly two girls blocked his way, “what is this?,” and they give Sungjae two chocolates, they leave Sungjae who still confused.

When he reached the bus stop Sooyoung smile to him, and then she look at the chocolate, when the bus arrive the two of them rode it and sit side by side,

“From fangirls?,” Sooyoung asked Sungjae while touch the chocolate, “it’s looks delicious,” she wants that chocolate, but Sungjae just doesn’t give it.

“Why now..?, when we were in school you tried to avoid me, and now...”

“Eii..are you mad?, it’s just I don’t like it, when every eyes looks at me..,” Sungjae looks shocked when he hear her reason,

“What?, every eyes look at you?, are you miss universe?.”

 “Ah..seriously..If I walk side by side with you, every eyes looks at me, it’s look a jealous eyes, are you idol..?, why they are like this?,” she is in disbelife, “when we were in middle school, I admited that you are a popular student but not from the first day. Did you debuted recently without I know, everyone looks like know you, especially the girls. And when they know that you are my close friend, I fell like I’ll became a cupid again, I...really..really uncomfortable with all of this,” suddenly she talked so much, Sungjae open one of the chocolate and feed Sooyoung with it so she can calm her down.

“Just ignore it, like I do. I want to know something, who was the boy..?,” he asked about Minhyuk.

“Wait, like you do?, is it definition of ignore?,” Sooyoung take the chocolate,”if you ignored them, then don’t take their gift.”

“I’m not the one who eat it. Answer my question..who was the boy?,” he asked it once again, Sooyoung looks doesn’t know what he talked about, “the boy who talked to you in the corner of hallway, who is he?,” Sungjae explain abou the boy.

“Ah,,he?, Minhyuk the 1st generation of school idol, your sunbae,” Sooyoung joked around.

“Yah..don’t joked around, who is he?. You must be popular among the school boys that one of our sunbae already know you,” from his words looks like he is jealous.

“It’s not joked. He is also a school idol, like you. And I know him when we rode the same bus, we talked for a moment in the bus, so I know his name and she know my name. I’m not in same level with you, he knows me because we ever meet before, not like you, they know you even they never meet you before,” she eat the chocolate once again, “wanna hear some songs.”

“Nope. Not if the songs from your mp3,  but if the songs from mine, I want,” he put one side of headphone in Sooyoung ear so they listen to the music together.