Chapter 19: Complete

If I Had a Lover

Minhyuk come to see his doctor for reutine theraphy, while his doctor examining his leg,

“Are you still in pain when moving this leg?,” he asked.

“Not that hurt like before, I’m starting practice with other athlete day after tomorrow, can I?,” Minhyuk asked.

Sungjae checking Minhyuk’s  leg once again, then look at Minhyuk who all smile,

“Did something good happen?, you can join practice, but still be careful, don’t force yourself..,” Sungjae said while looking at clock.

“You asked if something happen?, hmm..after spent a day with your girlfriend, I know something, that I were such a bad boyfriend for her…it’s good decision that I broke up with her, so she can date you..”

“Is it something good?,” Sungjae asked without looking at him.

“Hmm..it’s something good. If I want to continue our relationship from long time ago, I don’t think I can see her smile like now..I realized, while we date, she rarely smiling…she said she liked me too, but why I couldn’t see her smile..I couldn’t feel her happiness. But now, after completely breaking up with her, I can see it..her real smile, her real happiness. When you call her yesterday, her smile that I couldn’t see while she is with me, I can see it that time…,” Sungjae carefully hearing what he said, “good luck for you..became a good doctor, became a good son, and became a good boyfriend. Do you have plan to marry her?,” he suddenly asked that.

“Why?,” he asked him back.

“She said to me that she’ll invite me to her wedding..I wonder who would be her groom,” it’s look like he is teasing Sungjae.

“What do you mean?, of course it would be me..I do have plan to marry her, I’m still looking for the good time..,” he said that loudly.

“No need to said that loudly like that, I understand what you said..haha,” Minhyuk said then stand up, “then, I’ll leave..thank you for today..I hope, after this my doctor won’t hate me..” then smile. Not long after that, his phone ringing, Sooyoung calling,

“Where are you?,” she asked after he pick up her call.

“Still in hospital, I’ll go there now. Where are you?,” he asked her back.

“I’m on my way to the court, meet you there then,” she said then end her call. Sungjae looking for Ilhoon, he want to borrow his car today,

“Where are you going?,” he asked while give him the car’s key, “don’t forget about the blind date..”

“The court, today is the final trial of Sooyoung’s dad..wish us luck,” he said then leave him while waving hand, “we’ll go after court..”

Sooyoung waiting for Sungjae in front of court room, Yerin saw her, then walking towards her,

“Hello,” she greet her first.

“Ah..hello, unni..” Sooyoung replied while bowing to her.

“After this, you must smile a lot…your father name will be clean, your live became happier than before,” she said, “where is he?,” she asked about Sungjae.

“Hmm, he’ll came,” Sooyoung said.

“Let’s go, it’ll start in 10 minutes,” she said while grabing one of her hand.

“Thank you for all of your help, unni,” while following her to enter the court room.

“If you thanks to me, treat me something delicious and expensive,” she said then smile to Sooyoung.

After 30 minutes, they come out from the court room. Sooyoung look happy but her eyes teary, she suddenly miss her dad,

“Why are you crying, don’t you feel happy?,” Sungjae asked.

“Hmm..because I’m happy, so I’m crying..”

“What kind of logic is that?, if you are happy, you must smile now..,” Sungjae said while pinching her cheek. Yerin come to them, with Sooyoung father’s friend, a police officer,

“We are so sorry, that we are really late, we just do this today. If we can do that early, I think he’ll rest in peace early too,” the police officer said.

“It’s better than never, thank you for your hard work..,” Sooyoung said then bowing to him. After the officer leave them,

“When will both of you treat me a delicious and expensive food?,” she suddenly asking about treat.

“Whenever you want…,”Sungjae said, “thank you for all of your help,” he said then shaking hand with Yerin, then smile to each other.

“Are you still jealous when we look close like this?,” Yerin asked to Sooyoung, Sooyoung laugh awkwardly.

“It’s not like that, unni…,” Sooyoung replied her shyly, Sungjae rubbing her head.

“Call me when you have time, we’ll treat you..” he said, then Yerin leave them.

“Let’s go, Ilhoon and Seunghwan already waiting for us…”

They go to double date to an amusement park, they got excited like a child,

“What should we ride first?,” Sungjae asked while grabing Sooyoung hand.

“Should we ride something scary?, something that make this two women won’t let go of our hand,” after heard that, Seunghwan hitting her boyfriend arm, “why?, it’s give dating feel..that kind of ride, haha,” then Sungjae join laugh together with Ilhoon.

“This two men…just ride something fun first, then something scary…,” Sooyoung give an advice, all of them agree. When they were in roller coaster, Sooyoung scream,

“Dad…I LOVE YOU..,” then smiling, Sungjae heard that than smiling too, then he said,

“Don’t you have something to tell me too?.”

“What?, something to tell you?, I’ll say it later…” she said then smiling.

“Yah…Mrs. Park, I want to hear it too, now. Do it before this ride finished..,” he said while grabbing Sooyoung hand then smile slyly.

“Should we said it together?,” she adviced.

“You tell me first then I’ll tell you..,” after heard that, Sooyoung grinning,

“Okay,” she is ready to shout out, “Sungjae-yah..pabo…haha..” after heard that, his smile change,

“Yah, what was that?,” he protested.

“That’s the something I want to tell you,” she replied then laughing hard, “thank you..my beloved boyfriend..,” she whispering that in his ear.

“Say it loudly, I want everyone know it..”

“Yah..stop it,” Ilhoon said from the back. The ride already finished, Sungjae look upset,

“Don’t be so upset, ” she said while pinching his cheek.

Night come, they eat at one of the restaurant near amusement park, the men busy grilling the meat while the ladies busy chatting,

“Is it done?, we already hungry, oppa-yah..” Sooyoung said that with a cute voice.

“What was that?, is the ghost join us?,” Ilhoon said with annoyed face, Seunghwan smile after heard that.

“Pretty ghost is here to eat the meat,” Sooyoung replied with a joke. They spent the night with meat and soju while chatting and joking,

“We’ll call taxi, you call for the driver,” Sungjae said to Ilhoon, they can’t drive in that state.

“Okay, see you in monday,” Ilhoon said to Sungjae while waving hand.

*

Sungjae spent the night in Sooyoung’s house, they still sleep in the same bed now. Then Sungjae phone ringing, he pick it up,

“Hello?.”

“Where are you?, could you come to the hospital now?,” the man, his mentor when he’s still intern.

“Ah..today is my day off, why?, is there something wrong?.” He asked.

“It’s just, one of our doctors is absent, and today is really though. There is a big accident last night, I hope you came, okay?. I’ll wait for you here..,” then end the call, Sungjae look so lazy to get up then he look at his girlfriend who is sleeping peacefully, “it’s so nice look at your face in early morning,” he said while rubbing her head.

“Who are you,” she suddenly asked that while grabing his hand that rubbing her head.

“Don’t teased me, I’m still sleepy,” he said, after heard that she open her eyes,

“Why are you here?,” she asked then looking at her body that covered by blanket.

“Nothing happen, we just sleep together,” he answered what she thought, she look at him suspiciously, “I said we just sleep together, nothing happen. You want something happen?,” he really want to get hit in this early morning, Sooyoung hit him hard. After hit him, she just woke up and walk to the bathroom, “one of my shirt is here, right?, I must go to the hospital now,” he asked.

“Just go home, take bath in your home..,” she said  loudly from bathroom.

“Why are you acting like that?, it’s not my first time to sleep here though..,” he protested to her, then walking to the kitchen, “I’ll cooking something for breakfast,” not long after he said that Sooyoung come to the kitchen and bring his shirt  and pant for him, “is it my pant?, I think I never have this kind of pant,” he said while looking at Sooyoung who prepare to cooking something for breakfast, Sooyoung bought it for him “let me put on your apron,” he said then tied up the apron.

“Thank you,” she said while walking to get the eggs from refrigerator,

“Aren’t you asking me, what do you want to breakfast, honey?,” he said.

“Aii..seriously. just take a bath, you said you must come to the hospital, ” she said with a loud voice, but smile can’t leave her face.

“Ai, you like it though, it’s like we are a married couple, right?,” he asked, right in her ears.

“ahh..I don’t like imagine something, I like it when it really happen,” she said while grinning.

“Okay Honey, I’ll gather so much money and grant your wish,” he said then kiss her on her cheek then run to the bathroom with shirt and pant that he get from Sooyoung.

“I’ll go to dad by myself, then?,” they have plan to go there but suddenly he get call from hospital, “hmm, what is this..make me feel down in early morning..,” she said while putting a plate of sandwich on dining table.

“We’ll go there, after helped something, I’ll leaving the hospital for a moment then go to meet my in Law,” Sungjae said while walking to the dining table, “wahh..look so delicious, honey..thank you,” he said then take a seat, “let’s eat together,” he said while grabbing her hand, she’s still busy preparing tea for them, “seat here.”

“I don’t want a sudden call that inform me that you can’t come..I’ll kill you if it’s happen..”

“Don’t kill me, if you kill me who is going to full fill your wish, honey..”

“Stop it, just eat,” she said while hitting his arm.

*

Sooyoung waiting for him in front of hospital, they will go to her dad’s resting place. While waiting for him, she meet Ilhoon who just come with his car,

“Where are you going to go?,” he asked, “he want me to come to replaced him in hospital, he said there is something urgent, what is that?, I had something important too, but I leaved her because of him..” he protested.

“Because he want to meet his in law..so he must go now, sorry because disturbed your date..hehe,” she replied it happily, not long after that Sungjae come out from hospital,

“Okay Mrs. Yook, this is the last time..I won’t accept it if he do it again,” he said then Sungjae stand next to Sooyoung, “yah..I’ll revenge to you someday, you know?,” then drive his car.

“Let’s go,” he said then grab her hand and catching taxi. They go all the way to Sooyoung dad’s resting place to let him know that everything is fine now,

“Dad, we come,” she said while putting flower on his resting place, “we have good news for you,” she said then sit next to her dad’s resting place, “I’m sorry for misunderstood you so many time without even knowing everything…it must be hard for you..to take care of me as my dad, as my mom, and as my friend..and you must dealed with all of things in your work place.., you can rest in peace now, I’m okay..I can live with smile now, I can take care of myself now, because dad’s daughter already this big now..,” then suddenly she is crying, “ah..mom come to me and said sorry to me, at first I couldn’t forgive her, but then I thought, it’s okay..although she is late, she is come now..to apologize and promise that she’ll stay next to me as my mom..no matter what happen next time, so I forgive her..she said she’ll come here to ask for your forgiveness. I said to her that she must smile no matter what when she meet you, if she doesn’t smile..tell me right away, ” she said then smile, Sungjae walking closer to her then said,

“Sungjae come too, ahjussi..should I call you dad?,” he asked then smile, “she is really a strong woman I’ve ever meet, you must be happy having her as your daughter, right, because I’m really happy now having her as girlfriend, and,” he stoped, “I’m really nervous right now, but I want to say this to you. And I would be really happy if I can call her my wife,” after heard that, Sooyoung turn her face to him then smile, “I really want to propose to her cooly as a man who have enough money to life with her, as a man who can promise her that she won’t have hard time while lifing her live with me. But, now, I don’t have enough money yet, I’m still working hard so I hope you won’t get angry to me if it took long time..but I promise you that it won’t be that long.., ” he suddenly take out something from his pocket, it’s a small box, Sooyoung smile after saw that small box,“that’s the only thing I could buy for now for her,” then place the box on Sooyoung’s dad rest place, “I want to marry your only daughter, ahjussi..,” he said then face Sooyoung who all smile after heard his confession, “I thought you’ll be crying after heard my confession,” he said.

“Dad, isn’t he really cool right now?, I’m really touched,” she asked to her dad, “he changed a lot, right?. Wah, I feel gratefull that I meet this man, but..” she take the small box, “is this gold or diamond?,” she asked jokingly to Sungjae.

“Ahh…what?, why you suddenly breaking the mood?,” he took the small box from her.

“Eii, why suddenly get angry?, that’s for me, right?,” she took back the small box then open it, “wah..diamond..what is this?,” she asked about the design of the ring in that small box. Sungjae take the ring and explain to her,

“It’s me who designed this ring, since a month ago,” he said, “this is my hand that grabbing your hand, it’s mean we’ll always together no matter what happen..no matter where we’ll go, we won’t let go of each other hand, and this is mine,” he take out another ring from his pocket, “do you want me to put it on your ring finger?,” he asked while smiling.

“Let’s meet my mom first..then put it on my ring finger,” she said then take the ring from him then put it back to the box, “you became a romantic man right now, what’s wrong with you?.”

“That’s what I want to say to you, so I said it. I don’t know if that’s would make me became romantic man for you..”

“Dad, you know him well, right?. I’ll life the rest of my live with him..give us your blessing,” she said then bowing to her dad, Sungjae follow her right way, “but, it’s not that romantic, proposing in here,” she said then smiling, “thank you..I love you..,” she said then huged him.

“Me too, thank you and I love you..,” he huged her tightly, “then, when will me and your mother meet?, I didn’t meet her since that day she leave..what’s she like?, I’ll do it to impress her.”

“We’ll meet her soon, so that ring will be circling on my ring finger soon too. I’ll ask her what she like, I don’t really know much about her, because we life separately for a long time,” after said that he looking at her sweetly,

“You’ve work hard, you endured it well..thank you for being a strong woman,” then rubbing her head so lovingly.