Chapter 14

Refuse To Lose

For Yuri, the winter afternoons were commonly spent seated at home, sometimes with a good book in her hands and other times, letting her fear clog every corner of her mind, anticipating for what would happen next. But being out with her friends, the fear always seemed to dissipate into thin air, waiting for her to return home with another book.

Yuri twirled the straw of her smoothie around as she sat facing Hyoyeon and Sunny, Seohyun right next to her. She took a small sip before repeating her actions once more.

“Okay. Next stop, laser tag.” Hyoyeon stated with the widest grin.

“Laser tag?” Yuri enquired.

“Yes! Have you been?”

Yuri shook her head in response.

“Yuri unnie! You have to try it! It’s our favourite!”

“If you guys like it, I’ll probably enjoy it too then.”

She smiled a half-hearted smile, enjoying her day thus far. She averted her eyes to the two girls in front of her, watching as Hyoyeon fed Sunny a strawberry, kissing her on the lips soon after. For some reason, it was able to bring down Yuri’s mood. She and Yoona never did things like that. Not in public anyway.

She was grateful with the fact that Yoona would hold her hand and kiss her on the lips. She’d hug her and tell her how beautiful she was. She’d do everything a girlfriend would do, but all this seemed to be for their eyes only.

Yoona wouldn’t even dare walk beside her to class. She’d always stray behind, avoiding Yuri’s gaze. She’d be too busy during maths to talk and even though Yuri really wanted to, she needed to make sure Yoona focused in class, prepared to ace her upcoming maths test.

They had been dating for a while now, and the tanned girl still didn’t understand Yoona’s absence of affection. It had been bothering her for too long.

“You guys are pretty open with yourselves…” She blurted out.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t we be?”

“You’re in public, though.”

Sunny chuckled. “SM Juice Bar is a sanctuary, Yul. Nothing bad happens here. No rude people come in and criticise. It’s beautiful.”

So that’s why…

“Why are you asking?”

“I-I don’t know. Some couples don’t show as much affection as you guys…”

“And who might those couples be?”

Yuri didn’t say anymore, and knowing her, the girls were able to grasp the hint.

“Yoona’s being an again, isn’t she?”

“Hyo.”

Hyoyeon sighed in frustration, looking away with a scowl. She promised to keep shut and listen when another argument about Yoona was brought up, and if she didn’t, no kisses for her.

Seohyun frowned, knowing her ship didn’t show enough fondness in public. But she knew Yoona couldn’t be this dense. There must be a reason to why she still avoided her own girlfriend in public. She couldn’t even imagine what Yuri must’ve been going through.

“I’ve seen how she acts around you in secret, and by the way she smiles, I know she’s not playing.” Sunny tried to explain. “Don’t fret, Yul. She likes you more than you like her. I can tell.”

“How?”

“Because the looks she gives you are the looks Hyoyeon gives me.”

Hyoyeon leaned into Yuri and whispered. “It’s disgust.”

“Yah!”

“I’m kidding! I love you!”

Yuri and Seohyun burst out laughing as they watched Sunny beat the living crap out of Hyoyeon. Yuri only wished she could be this open with Yoona.

***

For Yoona, the winter afternoons were usually spent by the fireplace with a friend, talking about everything and absolutely nothing, all at the same time. But when it came to being alone with Sooyoung, fireplaces were their enemy. The best place to be? A football field.

“You know, if you actually tried to aim for goals, this would be much more fun.”

Like you can talk, . Yoona closed her eyes as she positioned the ball in front of the goals, taking a deep breath. One step back and with her heel lifted off the ground, she took stance, and before Sooyoung could mutter a single word, Yoona had pushed off the grassy surface, large strides towards the ball before it was connected with the instep of her shoe.

She watched as it passed by the net.

As in, it went right above Sooyoung’s head, arching over the actual goals.

Which meant no goal.

Which meant, “Dude, you’re getting worse than me.”

Yoona groaned and kicked the grass. What the hell, Yoona? Focus on something other than her for once!

Sooyoung came running back with the ball under her arm. She had the cockiest smirk plastered on her face. And everyone and their mother knew what that meant.

“It’s official. I am a better soccer player than THE Im Yoona.”

“Hey! I could beat you with two left feet. I’m just not feeling it today.”

Her chuckle was mocking. “Give me all the excuses you have stored in that little head of yours. I ain’t believing any of them.”

Yoona walked over to the bleachers and took a seat, ignoring her friend’s insults. How amazing. The one day we don’t get to see each other and I can’t seem to stop thinking about you.

Sooyoung came and sat, halting the ball beneath her foot. She was only teasing, and she didn’t think it would hurt Yoona’s feelings. The girls would roast her all the time, and she never cared a damn bit. Why was she being so sensitive now?

“You know I was just joking, right?”

Yoona gave an audible sigh. “I’m not annoyed about that.”

“What’s got you all depressed then? It’s like someone killed your dog.”

Yoona stared at the ground, a faraway look in her eyes. “It’s her…”

“Wait. Did someone actually kill your dog? I didn’t even know you had one!”

“I don’t have one, you idiot.” Yoona playfully pushed Sooyoung’s head with a smile. “I’m talking about Yuri.”

“What about her?”

Yoona stood and ran her fingers through her hair, stuffing her hands in her pockets soon after. “I can’t stop thinking about her. I haven’t seen her all day and I just…”

This caused a loud groan from the older girl. “Ughhhh. Dare you say it?”

“I miss her, man!”

Sooyoung toe kicked the ball towards her friend’s chest, and because of her quick reflexes, the latter was able to catch it before it crushed her lungs.

“Is that why you’ve been crappy at soccer today? You can’t even kick the ball straight.”

“Don’t blame me, okay? I’m not concentrating.”

“God.” Sooyoung shook her head before standing. “She’s got you wrapped around her finger, I’m telling ya.”

And it was completely true. Yoona couldn’t go a day without saying Yuri’s name. She was changing and some aspects were decent, but then there were the ones where it was as if Yuri had taken over the younger’s mind. It was like the latter couldn’t continue living without her.

And usually, Sooyoung would’ve been pissed off, but this was Yoona. This was her best friend. Her best friend who hadn’t endured the feeling of being in a real relationship. And seeing her act like this, amused Sooyoung more than annoyed her.

Sooyoung snatched the ball off her friend’s hands. “Well, if you can’t get your head in the game, we might as well head back. It’s getting cold.”

“Is it?”

Sooyoung chuckled. “Amazing. It’s 7° out, you’re only clad in a thin jumper and yet, you can’t feel the cold. You scare me sometimes.”

They both walked side by side back to Yoona’s house, up the road from the local football field. It was ‘well-needed exercise’ as Yoona calls it but it was ‘death’ to what Sooyoung had to endure.

“Okay, but seriously. You don’t think of anything else but her. That must be so annoying.”

Yoona wrapped an arm around her clueless friend’s shoulder, pulling her close. “Trust me. When you find that someone, you’ll understand.”

“Ugh.” A nudge and Yoona let go. “Don’t start that stuff with me, dude. I won’t even see the light of day if I was ever in a serious relationship. I’d probably be crying most of the time.”

“Jeez. You make dating sound so horrible.”

“Hey. Don’t forget my definition of love, bud. That sticks with me like the gum beneath my shoe.”

Yoona shook her head. “I’d hate to be in them.”

After unnecessary arguing on the topic of dating, they had finally made it to Yoona’s house. The said girl had expected her friend to come inside, only to witness her walking to her car instead.

“Where you headed?”

Sooyoung didn’t bother to send a glance. “Mum wants me home early to help dad decorate the house. Once December 1st hits, they fall into the endless abyss of Christmas spirit. You know how it goes in the Choi residence.”

“Oh yeah.” She nodded her head in understanding. “Tell them I said hi.”

“Will do. See you later, bro.”

Yoona dragged herself upstairs and flopped onto her bed. She was alone with her thoughts once again, having to deal with the rapid beats within her chest and the limitless, possible scenarios of her and Yuri’s future together.

God, I used to love being alone. Now, Yoona needed company. Company from a certain someone to help sort out her thoughts.

And it seemed her wishes were granted the moment she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Grabbing it, she answered the call, still having no clue of who could be on the other line as she dismissed the caller ID.

“Yelloooo?” She elongated the ‘o’ with much disinterest.

“Actually, it’s blue. Nice guess, though.”

Yoona’s foot tangled into her bed sheets the moment she heard her girlfriend’s voice come through. Attempting to push herself up, she failed miserably as she landed head first on the floor, covered in her bed sheets and all.

Way to impress, Im Yoona. 10/10. Yuri would totally bang a clumsy like you.

“Yoong? Are you okay?”

She gave a nervous chuckle. “Totally!”

Just falling (for you). Don’t mind me.

Yuri giggled, almost giving Yoona a heart attack. “Did you fall?”

“Yeah, just…tripped over my weights.” Nice.

“Your weights?”

“10kg each side. Impressed?”

Yuri gave an audible gasp, obviously ready to play along. “Oppa! I am very impressed.”

And Yoona really needed to stop herself from squealing at what Yuri called her. She finally managed to put her feet to good use and stand on them, wincing at the pain atop her head.

“I hope I’m not bothering.”

“You’ll never be a bother. What does my girlfriend need?”

“You.” The deer smiled. “The girls and I need a ride home. Come get us?”

Yoona was quick to jump at the offer. If doing this meant seeing Yuri, she’d be stupid to refuse.

“Of course.” Anything for you. “Text me where you are and I’ll be there before you know it.”

“Eager to see me?”

“Always.”

Yuri chuckled, glad Yoona couldn’t see her blush. “I’ll see you later.”

Running to the mirror, Yoona checked herself. She fixed her hair and stared at her face for a good 5 minutes, making sure she looked decent enough for Yuri. She quickly brushed her teeth before hopping in her car, driving to her destination.

Once there, Yoona stood outside, waiting for Yuri and the gang. Her smile grew with each step Yuri took towards her, and so did the distance between both her arms. Opening them, she welcomed her girlfriend with a hug, blushing at the aww’s from Sunny and Seohyun and scowling at the groan from Hyoyeon.

“How was your day?” She asked as they drove along the road.

“It was nice. The girls took me out for laser tag and karaoke.” Yuri spoke while clipping on her seatbelt. “So if I ever join the army, I’ll be prepared.”

“Like hell you’re joining the army. You’re staying right here with me.”

“Oh my goooooosh!” Seohyun squealed in the backseat, catching everyone off guard due to the fact that they’ve never seen the maknae fangirl like this. “You’re both so cuuuuute!”

They blushed, gazing at each other before Yoona turned her attention back to the road, her mind still lingering on Yuri.

Sunny questioned, “Hyo, don’t you think so?”

The said girl stared at the driver through the rear view mirror, squinting her eyes as if judging. “Yeah. They’re pretty good.” She muttered and smirked before looking out the window, speaking nothing more.

Such a turn of events shocked all the passengers in the car, especially Im Yoona. Does this mean she’s okay with us?

Yoona wanted to ask, but maybe where they were more secluded. When it was just them.

She dropped Yuri’s friends off home and tenderly spoke to the girl in the passenger’s seat, glad it was just them. “Am I dropping you home?”

“My mum’s.”

When they made it there, Yoona had expected a goodbye kiss, but in a sudden turn of events, the kiss did happen, just not for goodbyes.

“Wait here. I’ll be right back.”

And Yoona wondered why she’d have to wait. Did Yuri have a present for her? But why would she? It’s not even her birthday. She figured she’d never know unless she saw it for herself. Once Yuri had returned, she hopped into the car, holding a bag. It was enough to make the younger question,

“Wait, what’s this?”

“Oh. Can I sleepover?” She had the cheekiest grin, as if knowing Yoona was going to say yes.

The latter chuckled. Why don’t you just live with me?

“Of course, but what about your dad?”

“He just thinks I’m sleeping over at my mum’s, and my mum thinks I’m sleeping over at a friend’s.”

“You lied to them? Both?”

Yuri gave a confident nod, making Yoona shake her head in disbelief. She drove off as she continued to speak. “You know you’re getting really disobedient lately. Almost worse than me.”

“I thought you were into bad girls.”

“I’m into girls that go by the name of Kwon Yuri. So unless that’s your name, get your leather jacket and cigarettes out of my face.” Yoona joked as Yuri hit her on the arm.

After a short drive talking about nonsense (it was amazing what topics they could come up with), they had arrived at Yoona’s house. They couldn’t make it past the front door without the young deer’s parents questioning her whereabouts.

“I went to pick up Yuri. She’s sleeping over tonight.”

“Yuri? Your…tutor?”

Yoona groaned. “She’s not just my tutor, ma. We’ll be upstairs if you need us.” She pushed her company into her room before locking the door.

“You know…” Mrs Im turned to look at her husband. “It’s been a while since she brought home someone other than her group of friends.”

“Study sessions can bring people together, I guess.” He answered with as much confusion as her.

As soon as Yoona locked the door, she turned around and kissed Yuri on the lips. She’d been craving to do that since she had seen the girl. It certainly took the older by surprise.

“You’ve obviously missed me more than I’ve missed you.” Her arms wrapped tight around Yoona’s neck, with the latter giving her a cute, lopsided grin. “And it hasn’t even been a day. You’re insatiable.”

“Obviously.”

Yoona proceeded to Yuri’s jacket, only to have her prying hands pulled away from her. Her face was full of worry, taking a few steps away from Yoona.

What did I do wrong? WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

“I-I’m sorry! It’s not what you think! I-I just thought since we’re inside, you wanted to take your jacket off! I’m not trying to come off as a and I-I wouldn’t want to force anything like that, I just-”

Before Yoona could even continue her apology, Yuri’s lips were on hers again, feeling the older smile against them. She pulled away too soon.

“I know, Yoong. It’s just…” Yuri looked down at her feet. “I get really cold, and I can’t stand it.”

Yuri was half telling the truth. She was someone who had to wear 4 layers of clothing in winter, wrapped up in a cosy scarf and a nice beanie, but that wasn’t the reason why she pulled away from Yoona. She couldn’t let the younger see the scars on her body. Not yet.

“Oh! You get cold? I’ll be right back! I’ll get extra blankets! Meanwhile, you should uh, shower…” Yoona gave one last kiss before running out of the room, afraid of making a fool of herself even more.

Yuri only watched in amusement.

After using Yoona’s en-suite, Yuri walked into the bedroom, only wrapped in a towel. There were about 3 or 4 blankets sitting atop the bed and a heater in the corner of the room. Her clothes sat neatly on the study chair, ready for her to wear.

Yuri smiled at how caring her girlfriend was.

On the other side of the door, Yoona had presumed the older girl was done changing. She slowly opened it, expecting a fully-clothed Kwon Yuri.

But she was not ready to come face-to-face with the complete opposite. Yuri stood, stark with her back to the door as she dried her hair.

Holy … Yoona could feel the drool rolling down her chin as her eyes roamed over Yuri’s back. Her wet hair stuck to her tanned skin as drops of water caressed every inch of her body. The way her hips jutted out to the side after dipping in at her waist.

She most definitely had an hourglass figure.

But her body was different from the ones Yoona usually saw. The closer Yoona leaned her head in, the more detail she’d received.

She gasped as her eyes widened larger than they already were.

Yuri’s body was tainted with scars and bruises.

It seemed to cover her almost entirely, and Yoona had to stop herself from screaming there and then. was agape and her heart was gradually dropping to her feet.

What is this? Why is she…?

There were so many. So so many. It scared Yoona to the point where her trembling knees almost gave out, nearly sending her to the floor.

Stop staring…Stop staring!

Yoona slowly closed the door, her hand covering . She gulped and ran her other hand into her hair, tugging at it as if it would bring her back to her senses. As if it would make her forget what she had just saw. Hard, almost dazing her. She leaned her back against the door, accidentally knocking her head against it.

“Yoong?”

Startled to even speak a word, she didn’t dare to respond.

“I know you’re out there.” She giggled. Please don’t. “You can come in.”

Yoona gulped once again before reaching a trembling hand towards the doorknob, fully opening the door and trying her best not to act as if she was just ing on Yuri a few seconds before. And what do you know. Yuri’s whole body was covered. She wore sweat pants and a hoodie so large, it covered her neck.

Yoona clenched her jaw as she closed the door, scared if she took any steps closer, the other girl would break. This hesitation obviously didn’t go unnoticed.

“Hey. Are you okay?”

Was the fear in her eyes that obvious? How was she supposed to cover it up? What was she supposed to say?

Say something, you ! Anything!

“I…uhm…” Wow. Fan-effing-tastic.

Yuri made her way to Yoona, her eyebrows scrunched together in worry. And the younger had to use every ounce of power in her to stop herself from moving further away from Yuri. A soft hand laid on her skin. Her face was so close. So close, Yoona could actually see the old bruises on her cheek.

“You’re scaring me, Yoong. Say something.”

“I just…” Don’t screw up now. Don’t tell her. Respect her. “…I really…missed you.”

Yoona crushed her girlfriend in a tight hug, still a little frightened.

“Are you kidding me? You’re so sappyyyy.” She laughed as Yoona smiled against her shoulder. Smiled against her bruises. She didn’t want to pull away, but Yuri was resisting.

When she let go, she watched as her girlfriend walked over to the study table, looking at the opened maths book. She was surprised to know Yoona took extra time to study, and even more, she actually got the answers right. It was a miracle sent by God, himself. It wasn’t too long before she felt Yoona come up beside her.

“You’ve been studying.”

Stop worrying. Talk to her normally. Make her smile.

“Graduating is probably one of the most important goals right now.” The younger stated. “If it wasn’t for you, I’d probably rather endure sitting on my bed and watching Netflix. Or maybe, outside playing a nice game of football.”

“In this weather?” Yuri enquired, a little surprised at the fact that nothing could stop Yoona from playing soccer.

“Soccer is a winter sport. This is the perfect weather to play it in.” Yoona grabbed Yuri’s hand and pulled her towards the bed, sitting down as the latter stood between her parted knees. Cautiously, she ran her thumb up along Yuri’s palm, and as soon as it grazed the bruises upon her tanned wrist, Yuri pulled away.

“W-what are you doing?”

She was trying to test the waters. Yuri flinching obviously meant these bruises came from someone, rather than something. Or maybe they still pained her to the touch.

“You wanna go check on dinner? Dad’s cooking tonight.” Yoona attempted to ignore the older’s question and what happened moments before, and so did Yuri.

“Sure…”

Yoona ushered her girlfriend out of the room and downstairs, washing her hands as well as Yuri. They sat next to each other with Yoona’s parents on the opposite side. She discreetly shimmied her chair closer to Yuri as the older only gave a sly smile.

Eating commenced. Dead, quiet eating commenced. Awkward, weirder than usual, dead, quiet eating commenced.

Yoona was finding it hard to even swallow her damn food. She had to gulp 3 times just for it to go down. Her father would take secret glances at the girls and her mother would just…eat.

“So,” His voice low and husky. “You’ve been coming over to our house for quite some time now and yet, it’s like I don’t even know you.”

Yuri shyly smiled. “There’s not that much to know.”

“From what Yoong’s told me, you swim, dance and ace all your subjects. You have no flaw! Your life is perfect!”

“Dear…” Mrs Im tried to stop him from saying anything more stupid.

“It’s true!”

It was, from their point of view. And quite possibly Yoona’s.

“Everybody has flaws, sir. You just haven’t seen mine.”

He scoffed. “Tell that to my daughter.”

“Hey! I’m right here!”

He laughed and so did everyone else. It was just supposed to be a joke, but that’s not how Yoona and Yuri saw it.

“Okay. Come on. Tell us about yourself. Your parents! How are they? We’ve never met them and I bet we’d get along real well.”

.

Yuri’s spoon immediately dropped to the floor at the mention of her parents.

“Crap. I’ll get it.” Yoona bent and picked up the spoon, running to get a new one. As she came back, she’d realised none of them had spoken a word while she was in the kitchen, waiting for her to get back to diminish the weird atmosphere.

“Thank you.” Yuri said as she was given the silverware.

“Maybe we shouldn’t-” Yoona felt a hand grasp her thigh, halting her from saying anything more. Yuri smiled at her and then at the two sitting in front of her.

“My parents aren’t together anymore.” She spoke with so much confidence.

Mr Im stopped chewing his food, his eyes widening at the new information. “I-I’m sorry to hear…”

“It’s okay. I was 13. It doesn’t bother me anymore…”

Her lips moved as if speaking the truth, but her eyes showed remorse as if telling a lie. And Yoona knew which one to believe. She finished her dinner faster than usual and instead of asking for seconds, like she normally did, she waited for Yuri to finish before saying goodnight to her parents. It wasn’t like their daughter to leave the dinner table so early.

Something had bothered her.

In the room, they sat on Yoona’s bed, cross-legged and facing each other. “If you don’t want them to talk about it anymore, just tell them. They’re understanding people.”

“It’s fine, Yoong. It didn’t bother me. Really.”

“Stop lying. I know when you’re lying.”

Yuri gave a shaky sigh, as if she was on the verge of tears. She didn’t want to speak anymore. And Yoona understood. She pulled Yuri in to cradle in her lap, hugging her tight. Yuri didn’t cry though. She’d thought it would be immature to cry over something so small. Well, something that she thought was small.

Yoona didn’t think this was small at all. She wondered if the divorce had anything to do with her scars, or maybe she used to be bullied at her old school, or maybe Yuri self-harm-

Don’t think that. Don’t you ever think that.

“I want to hug you so tight, you forget everything that’s wrong in your life.”

Yuri smiled. “Being with you is enough.”

Suddenly, the door had swung open, too quick to even let the other girls react. “Yuri, I just wanted-” If he had opened it a little slower, Yoona would’ve had time to push Yuri off, but he didn’t. So she didn’t.

His father squinted at the position the girls were in, almost suspicious.

Yoona tried to explain herself. “Uhm…she needed a hug…” She said before beckoning Yuri off her lap. Yuri smiled shyly before looking at her girlfriend’s father.

“Okay, well, uh…I just wanted to apologise for before. I shouldn’t have brought up such a bad memory in your past. I can’t imagine what you must have gone through.”

“It’s okay Mr Im. If people ask, I’ll answer. I’m that simple.”

Are you? Yoona wondered. If she asked Yuri about her scars and bruises, would she tell her what happened? Or would she avoid the question? Yoona wanted to know. Scratch that. She needed to know. This was the most curious she’d ever been in her life, and waiting just seemed unbearable.

“Don’t think I’m being rude or anything. Just a clueless father still trying to grasp the common sense of this generation.”

“You’re not rude at all, sir.”

He smiled. “If I do come off a little too strong, just let me know.”

“Will do.”

“Have a nice night, girls.” And then he was gone, and Yuri’s smile had disappeared.

“You know what’s nice?” Yoona suddenly asked.

“What?”

“Sleeping.” She grabbed a blanket and ran into her en-suite, coming out soon after with her clothes in her hands and the blanket wrapped tightly around her body.

Yuri laughed and dug herself in the 4 layer of blankets as she watched her girlfriend turn off the lights and snuggle in right beside her, her head almost on Yuri’s pillow.

“I’m still so cold with all these layers of comfort and here you are, in a thin blanket. Honestly, are you even human?”

“This doesn’t bother you, does it? I don’t want my bareness to take away your ity.”

“It’s safe. Whatever keeps you asleep at night.” Yoona smiled and closed her eyes, her even breathing heard a few minutes after. It was pretty easy for her to fall asleep with no clothes. That’s just how annoying they were to her.

1AM.

It was freaking 1AM and Yuri just had to wake up from a nightmare. Cold sweat apparent on her forehead as she backtracked to her father’s face clear in her dream. It wasn’t the worst one she’s had but it wasn’t that pleasant either. 3 years and she was still getting them. When would it ever end?

Yuri tossed and turned in the bed, concluding to lying on her side, facing Yoona as her peaceful expression faced her. Yoona laid flat on her stomach as the blanket stopped just below her shoulders, covering her beneath.

Amazing. Not cold at all?

Yuri sighed. She didn’t want to lie alone with her thoughts. She needed company. Certain company from a certain girlfriend.

“Yoong?”

No response. Yuri gently kicked her side, hoping it would wake her. And surely, it did.

Not a heavy sleeper either...

“Hmmm?” She hummed, still sleepy.

“Are you awake?” Yuri asked as if she wasn’t the one who woke the younger up in the first place. Yoona groaned, not moving a muscle.

“Now I am…” Yoona pulled the blanket over her shoulders so she could turn without revealing anything Yuri probably didn’t want to see. “Can’t sleep?”

“Nightmare.”

Yoona frowned, her eyes were droopy.

“I’d have you snuggle against my chest but…unless you want a face full of s…”

“I’ll pass.” They both chuckled.

“Nightmares aren’t real unless you forget about them. It’s what my mum used to tell me.”

My girlfriend is a child.

Yuri sighed. “This nightmare’s already come true though.”

This got Yoona wondering. Did this nightmare have any scene of how Yuri had gotten those scars? Yoona was still kind of tired to really think about it. So she didn’t push any further.

“Get some rest, angel. Make sure my face is the last thing you see so you can have sweet dreams about me instead.”

“Cocky. So cocky.”

“Embrace it.”

Yoona closed her eyes and snuck her hand onto Yuri’s waist. She was off again, a soft smile still on her lips. Yuri took her advice, making sure to shut her eyes with Yoona’s face in mind instead of her father’s.

And surprisingly, miraculously, beautifully, it worked.

Sweet dreams of Yoona instead of unforgettable nightmares of her father.

Yuri was content.

 

 

 

__________

I know. This is probably my least favourite chap for now. It was a tad boring. I mean, besides the fact that Yoona saw all the scars. But other than that, I’m sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for enduring it anyway! :)))