Chapter 2

Refuse To Lose

Yuri found the school to be much more active and brighter than her last. Although the students were no where near as normal, she enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere. There had already been a few students who were willing to show Yuri around the school. To their dismay, Yuri had kindly rejected them, saying she was capable of finding her own way.

She had joined a certain club on the first day. It was the only thing she was looking forward to do. Yuri just hoped none of the students were as creepy and annoying as the one she'd met yesterday.

She walked into the room and placed her bag down on the side. Rooms like these were too familiar to her. She enjoyed being surrounded by all the mirrors with the beat of the music playing behind her as she practised.

She watched as each student did a few stretches. Most of them were either clad in tights or shorts, wearing a lose tee for the comfortableness. She expected the place to be full of unfit teenagers attempting to build up their muscles or show off their non-existent talent to impress their crushes. Instead, she found them to be rather tall, attractive and healthy. Well, besides the small girl making her way towards Yuri.

She looked healthy, of course, but no where near was she tall. Her short, blonde bob bounced with each step she took and reminded Yuri of a jellyfish. Yuri rarely felt intimidated and the girl before her wasn't going to change that fact.

"Yo. Are you the new kid?"

"It's Yuri." The taller of the two spoke, hoping that wouldn't be her title for the first week of school.

"I wasn't asking what type of manga you read."

Yuri's eye twitched at the midget's joke. She didn't even know what a manga was.

"A mango?"

"A manga. Y'know, anime comic books, japanese cartoons, lesbia-"

"Okay, I get it." Yuri really didn't want to continue on the topic at hand. It was already ruining her first lesson of her only club. How was she supposed to enjoy attending when it contained a short, erted midget?

"Seriously though, what's your name?"

"I told you. My name's Kwon Yuri."

"Woah! You weren't kidding." The girl laughed while clutching her stomach. She was stepping on each one of Yuri's nerves. "Sorry. I've never met someone named Yuri before."

"Well, now you have."

"I guess so." If it weren't for the students watching them interact, Yuri would've already punched the blonde in the face.

The other girl bent down to tie up her loose shoelace before continuing to speak. Yuri was more worried about where the teacher was rather than dealing with the kid in front of her.

"My name's Kim Hyoyeon, by the way."

"Are you supposed to be the teacher's pet?" This made Hyoyeon laugh again, wiping the tear that had escaped her eye and causing everyone to join in. "Teacher's pet? Honey, I am the teacher."

Yuri's eyes widened at the sudden information. She couldn't believe it. Why did her teacher have to be an annoying, little brat? It's like everyone she's had a conversation with was either weird, annoying or a combination of the two.

"I created this choreography club so that basically makes me the choreographer. You got a problem?"

She really didn't want to pick a fight with the other girl and she barely ever loses her cool, but her choreographer was ticking her off. Yuri didn't even think Hyoyeon could dance as good as herself. She'd been into dancing since she was 5 and found happiness in the way her body moved to the beat of the music. One day, she hoped to become a choreographer herself and open up her own classes. 

She wanted to be able to teach children at a young age and show them how amazing dancing was. Dancing was a form of art to Yuri. It was able to speak and present different emotions by the dancer. She found body language to be much more stronger than the voice and loved interpreting things through the way she moved.

Being in the same room as Hyoyeon, though, made Yuri want to drop out of the club as soon as possible. She regretted not taking classes out of school.

"So how good are your moves?"

Yuri scoffed. Better than yours.

She knew she was judging, but when it came to dancing, she wanted to be the best, and Hyoyeon was stopping that from happening.

"Lost your voice?"

Hyoyeon raised a brow at the quiet, new girl.

"You don't need a voice to dance." Yuri retaliated, determination in her eyes.

"You say that as if I don't know."

"You say that as if you do."

"Pfft. Give me your best shot, Ms Know-it-all."

Hyoyeon signalled the boy at the speakers to start a song, who quickly obliged. Yuri smirked before stripping off her jacket, to make moving a lot easier. She made her way to the centre of the room as everyone watched in excitement, ready to see the talented Kwon Yuri show off her moves.

The song played, and Yuri got to work. She started dancing to the beat, her eyes set on Hyoyeon the whole time. Her determination to 'out dance' the choreographer grew within her to the point where she wasn't going to hold back. She began with soft, swaying moves, making the rest of the class anticipate for her to proceed. As soon as the beat dropped, so did Yuri. 

The whole room was her stage and the students were her audience. Her body twisted and turned in all different directions, her arms and feet moved with grace and elegance. If no one had known she attended the school, everyone would've thought she was a professional dancer. Yuri just hoped she was better than the short girl standing in the corner, watching her with challenging eyes.

She did her signature body wave, blowing everyone away with her smooth curves, yet sharp moves. No one could believe how fast she was going. Once she was done with a move, she'd quickly move to the next, connecting them to make them flow properly with ease. Did she have bones in her body? No one knew for sure.

The song came to an end with Yuri doing her final pose, widened eyes and agaped mouths were on everyone's face. Except for the one girl Yuri was trying to impress.

"It's your turn." Yuri smoothly spoke, trying to hide the fact that she was exhausted and breathing heavily. 

Hyoyeon stepped into the centre as Yuri stepped off. 

When the older girl began dancing, Yuri felt like an idiot for even attempting to go up against Hyoyeon. There was a reason why she was the club's choreographer, besides her actually being the one to create the club. She watched as the much greater (she hated to admit it) dancer moved across the floor, silencing everyone with her speed and motion.

Clearly, by a long shot, Hyoyeon had schooled Yuri in dancing. Her performance was extraordinary. Better than any of the dances Yuri had seen or done in her entire life. 

When she had finished, Hyoyeon wasn't even breaking a sweat. It looked like she had just woken up from her beauty nap, her breathing was completely even and relaxed. This was the last time Yuri tried to go up against a person she'd just met.

Hyoyeon grabbed her water bottle and finished its contents. Everyone's eyes were darting from Yuri to Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon to Yuri. They wondered if this was the start of another rivalry.

Yuri watched as the shorter girl made her way towards her and for once, she felt intimidated. She was sure Hyoyeon was going to brag about how much better she was at dancing and how much of an amateur Yuri was.

But Hyoyeon didn't do that at all. That was the last thing Hyoyeon would do. Instead, she gave Yuri a pat on the back, a wide smile spread across her face.

"You, my friend, have exceeded all my expectations."

Yuri's eyes widened at the kind gesture. Was this the same midget from before?

"You need a little work on your footing but other than that, I almost mistook you for a professional."

"W-what?" Hyoyeon chuckled at Yuri's cluelessness before grabbing a bottle and tossing it to Yuri.

"Let's see if you can keep up." Hyoyeon started dancing to the music, everyone else joining in one by one. Yuri watched as they all danced in sync and moved together with one another.

She smiled before joining in with the rest of the class, fitting in perfectly and learning the moves faster than anyone else.

She didn't regret joining the choreography club. 

***

"Yoong, these chicken nuggets are the bomb! You should try some." Sooyoung shouted from the bleachers as she watched her friend run a few drills. They decided to practice together during lunch to get the extra boost. Yoona found it funny how Sooyoung was the one who suggested they practise but instead, Yoona was the only one doing the practising.

"Soo, these drills are the bomb! You should try it."

"Yeah...nah." Sooyoung continued munching on her nuggets before getting hit on the head. She gasped as she watched her chicken nugget fly across the field.

"NOOO! MY BABY!"

She heard an ahjumma-like laugh behind her and knew exactly who it was.

"Taeyeon, you owe me another nugget!"

"That thing did more exercise than you in a week." Taeyeon retorted before sitting down beside her shikshin friend. She took a piece of chicken out of Sooyoung's box before she noticed and quickly shoved it down . "Besides, it's payback for ruining my designs."

Sooyoung mumbled something about food before continuing to eat the rest of hers. "What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be creating new designs for Fany and Jess?"

"Shouldn't you be on the field with Yoona?"

"I asked you first."

Taeyeon chuckled and propped her foot up on the bench in front of her. "They insisted on re-creating them for me. I'm actually here coz Shika wanted me to get my revenge on you guys."

"Well you succeeded..." Sooyoung sulked as her eyes were kept on the lone nugget resting on the field.

"They're really upset about it though. I worked on those designs for months." 

"Dude, we didn't mean to drench 'em. You know that. We'd re-create them ourselves but Yoong and I can't draw for ."

Taeyeon nodded in agreement. "True."

They both laughed as they continued watching Yoona. Neither of them could go 5 minutes deep into a serious conversation. They didn't do those type of things with each other. They had too much pride to show their weakness.

Sooyoung contemplated for a bit and stared at her half-full box of chicken nuggets. She wasn't one to give away her food, even if it was for forgiveness. But the fact that she ruined Taeyeon's designs made her feel worse for what she did. 

After a long thought, Sooyoung extended the box towards Taeyeon.

"What are you doing?"

"They like nuggets, right? Share this with 'em...as an apology from me and Yoona..."

"...Seriously?"

Taeyeon stared at her shikshin friend with wide eyes, amazed at the younger girl's behaviour. The taller of the two nodded, not wanting to look Taeyeon in the eyes and afraid of watching her food get taken away from her.

Taeyeon slowly grabbed the box.

"I'm doing this because I love you, my children." Sooyoung caressed the box before covering her face with her hands. "Take them before I change my mind." She pretended to sob into her palms as she heard Taeyeon stand up from the bench. 

"You're such a weirdo..." Sooyoung peeked past her fingers and found Taeyeon with a sincere smile on her face. "Thanks, bud."

Taeyeon ruffled her friend's hair before walking off, waving at Yoona on the field and leaving the area. Yoona came running up afterwards and took a seat beside Sooyoung.

"Dude, you didn't even touch the ball."

"A girl's gotta eat when a girl's gotta eat."

Yoona rolled her eyes before putting the ball in between her feet. They sat there in silence as they waited for the bell to ring for their next period.

"What did the new girl look like?" The younger girl asked out of no where, curious about whether the new girl was the one she met yesterday.

"I honestly don't know but she had a really nice ." This caused Yoona to smack her friend on the head. "Seriously! You would agree with me if you saw it! It was probably bigger than two Jupiters."

They both shared a laugh before Sooyoung wrapped her arm around Yoona's shoulder. "Why the sudden interest?"

Yoona wondered if it was really that important to tell her best friend. She didn't think it would mean that much to Sooyoung. Heck, she didn't even know if it meant that much to her. But if she spent all night thinking about the new girl and lost sleep just because of her, it must mean something right?

Yoona sighed before explaining to Sooyoung the reason for her distress.

Sooyoung stayed quiet the whole time, listening to her friend tell her about the incident that happened yesterday and how embarrassed she was to make a stupid first impression. She told her how she didn't know anything about the girl except for the fact that she was extremely beautiful. It was the only clue she could give to the taller girl.

Once Yoona had stopped talking, Sooyoung pondered on what to say before she spoke.

"If I didn't have to act so serious right now, i'd be laughing at your complete fail."

Choi Sooyoung's ruthlessness strikes again.

"...Do you like her?"

"I don't know.." Yoona kicked the ball with the inside of her feet, trying to take her mind off the girl.

"I think you do, man."

"How?"

"Well to be honest, i've never seen you so worked up over a girl like this before."

"Maybe I just want to be her friend?"

"Did you feel like this when you wanted to be my friend?" Sooyoung fluttered her lashes at Yoona, making the younger girl gag.

"Ew. No."

Sooyoung felt offended for a second before going back to the matter at hand. "Then you don't just want to be her friend, dude..."

Yoona sighed at her foolish heart. She didn't even know the stranger's name, yet, she probably already liked her? How stupid was she? Her heart was saying one thing but her mind was saying another.

"What do I do, Soo?"

"What are you afraid of?"

"Spiders. Why do those things even need to exist?"

"I'll agree with you on that, but for real."

Yoona bit her lip and thought for a bit. What was she so afraid of?

"Maybe the actuality that this will either make me or break me? Or that I'm afraid of the rest of the students judging me for my preferences. I don't know if I like her, Soo. I don't want people to hate me for who I like. If word get's out that I might like someone? Specifically, a girl? That's not going to end good."

"You don't know that." Sooyoung nudged her friend's shoulder, trying to get her to lighten up and relax. Seeing Yoona worry about her image was a common sight to Sooyoung and the other girls. Out of all of them, Yoona worried the most. Not about the image of the group as a whole, but about the image of herself as a person. 

She tried to explain and minimise the mistakes she made in the past, dusting her reputation like it was a trophy. She wanted to be perfect. The one girl who never made any mistakes. The one girl who everybody loved. 

She could've been the strongest physically, but mentally, she was the weakest. Yoona needed reassurance. She needed people to tell her that she was loved and wanted. And truly, she was. But sometimes, it was by the wrong people.

"Are you willing to risk everything for her?"

"Don't ask me that. I don't even know her."

"Okay, let me rephrase. Do you want to get to know her?"

"Yes."

"Then you go for it. No matter what happens, me and the rest of the girls are here for you."

Yoona smiled at Sooyoung's rarely occurring encouragement. She gave her friend a noogie, showing her gratitude instead of saying 'thank you' like a normal person. Sooyoung shooed her fist away and chuckled.

"It'd be pretty funny if the girl you supposedly like was the new girl from maths class, though."

"No, it wouldn't."

***

Yoona sat in maths, her earphones were once again placed in her ears, blocking out the sound of her stupid teacher talking about something called Algebra. What the hell was an algebra?

Earlier, Yoona asked if Sooyoung could point out the new student for her, but Sooyoung didn't know the names and faces of half her class so she didn't know who was new and who was old. Yoona just sighed in disappointment before paying attention to doodling in her book, not really caring about who walked through the door.

She felt someone harshly flick her ear and knew exactly who it was "Soo, if I have to tell you again, I'm punching you in the god damn face."

"Yo, I'm just looking out for you. Listen to this. Ms is pairing up students."

Yoona took out her earphones and put them in her pocket. "What for?"

"She's putting us in groups to solve a few problems."

Yoona groaned and looked to the front of the classroom. She just hoped one of the people in her group was Sooyoung or maybe a Yoonaddict. She didn't want to be stuck with someone who didn't appreciate her existence...

"I'll put you all in groups of three so pay attention." Ms Park cleared before continuing. Yoona zoned out for a bit until she heard Sooyoung's name being called out.

"Sooyoung, i'll group you with-"

"Can Yoong be in my group?"

Ms Park gave her an incredulous and unapproving look. Putting those two together meant trouble. "I will not. I've seen what you two do when you're together and I-"

"We promise we'll do the work. I'd just be comfortable if Yoona was with me."

Aww's were heard throughout the room while Yoona covered her face with her textbook, finding her friend's statement to be completely stupid and uncalled for. 

Ms Park thought for a moment as she averted her eyes from Yoona to Sooyoung. She wondered if it would be a good idea to put the two together. She then narrowed her eyes at Sooyoung, making up her mind.

"If you don't get all the questions finished, I'm giving you both after school detention."

"That's totally unfair but okay!" Sooyoung exclaimed with excitement as she scooted closer to Yoona and gave her a hard pat on the back, the sound of the contact reverberated across the room, causing all the students to cringe as if they could feel the pain coursing through Yoona's body.

Yoona acted as if she didn't feel anything and just kept her head hidden.

"I'll also pair you two up with..." Ms Park looked around the room for someone who was able to keep the two of them level-headed. Her eyes landed on the one quiet girl she felt she could trust.

"..Yuri."

Yuri's ears perked up at the sound of her name and she abruptly stopped working on the problem she was on and looked up to the teacher. "Yes?"

"You'll be paired up to do a few problems with Yoona and Sooyoung."

Yoona took her head off her desk and turned to Sooyoung to whisper to her. "Who's Yuri?"

"How the hell should I know?" Sooyoung continued graffiting the desk, writing 'Sooyoung is awesome! :P' on every clean spot she could find.

Yuri tilted her head in confusion. She knew who Sooyoung was, but who was the other person? Yuri scanned the room to find the lanky girl she had seen yesterday sitting right behind her, sitting exceptionally close to another girl. The unknown student turned to Yuri's direction, feeling her staring at her.

Both their breaths hitched in their throats as they looked into familiar eyes. Yuri's eyes widened as she knew clearly who the other girl was.

Oh no.

Yoona didn't know what she should be happy about more. The fact that she finally knew her most likely crush's name or how she's going to be sitting next to Yuri for the entire lesson or maybe that Yoona will have a reason to come to her maths lesson every day.

Oh yes!

Yoona turned to Sooyoung and punched her in the arm. "That's her!" She half shouted and half whispered.

"She's the girl you literally fell off a branch for?" Sooyoung stopped what she was doing and turned to Yuri as the latter walked up to the front of the class to speak to the teacher privately. 

Sooyoung's eyes were glued onto Yuri's , recognising the familiar asset. "Oh yeah. I remember that from anywhere."

Yoona pinched Sooyoung's ear and harshly whispered, "Will you stop it with that?!"

Yuri gave Ms Park a worried look as they quietly conversed with each other. "Ms, I'm sorry but I can't be paired up with them."

"Why is that?"

Yuri turned to catch a glimpse of the two idiots staring at her before they quickly turned away, pretending as if they weren't ogling her.

"Because one of them is quite possibly stalking me..."

"Nonsense!" Ms Park walked towards the board and wrote down a few equations. "I put you three together for a reason. You're a sensible student, Yuri and I feel as if you are capable of keeping those two students calm for the rest of the lesson."

"One of them barely even talks in class.."

"Exactly. And when she's partnered up with Sooyoung, hell will break loose."

Yuri sighed in defeat. She had to spend the whole lesson sitting next to a complete creep and the creep's best friend. Yuri didn't mind Sooyoung because she didn't really do anything bad, but if she was friends with her stalker, she couldn't trust either of them.

The tanned beauty made her way to Yoona's desk and sat across from them. The silence was deafening and Yuri just hoped none of them would make it anymore awkward.

Sooyoung extended her hand to Yuri, trying to lessen the awkwardness and introduce herself. "You might already know me but if you don't, then the name's Sooyoung."

Yuri didn't hesitate to shake the other girl's hand, offering a smile to her. "I'm Yuri."

"I know. This is my buddy, Yoona."

Yuri glared at the younger girl as she gave a sheepish smile. "I know." She then opened up her book to get started on the questions on the board.

Yoona pouted at Sooyoung, making the latter roll her eyes and open up her book too. 

This wasn't how Yoona wanted it to go. She assumed Yuri was only acting like this because she thought Yoona was a stalker. She needed to clear a few things up. Yoona opened her book and stared at the first question on the board.

She felt her brain explode within her head as she looked at the first number. What the hell is this?!

Yoona pulled her hair in frustration, catching Yuri's attention. 

"What's wrong with you?"

Sooyoung turned to her friend as well, anticipating Yoona's answer and hoping she didn't screw up this time.

"I-I..." Yoona looked down in disappointment. "..I don't know how to do any of the questions." She turned to look at Sooyoung's book to find that she was already on the 3rd question. Yuri was 2 questions ahead of Sooyoung. Yoona pouted once again and looked at Yuri.

If Yoona hadn't earned herself the title of a stalker, Yuri would've found the younger to be extremely adorable. Yuri clenched her teeth and narrowed her eyes at Yoona, trying to figure out what the girl was trying to do. In defeat, Yuri pushed her book closer to Yoona and sat beside her.

Under the table, Yoona gave Sooyoung a high-5 at her success, both girls smirking.

"I'm only going to explain this once, so pay attention."

Sooyoung had also stopped doing her work to listen to Yuri speak. She was a bit confused too, wondering if she actually attempted the question properly.

Yoona tried. She really did, but the feeling of Yuri's knee grazing her thigh, and Yuri's shoulder pressed up against her own made Yoona lose her focus. She had the urge to hear Yuri speak all day with how husky her voice was. 

Their faces were so close to each other, Yoona could feel the older girl's breath against her cheek. Maybe if she didn't decide to make a ty first impression, they both would be more kinder to one another.

"You get it?" Yuri turned to stare into Yoona's doe-eyes, hoping she understood everything she said. She then abruptly looked at Sooyoung. She couldn't stare at Yoona for too long for some reason.

Sooyoung quickly nodded. "That was easier than I thought. I did the stupid question wrong the first time." She nudged Yoona in the shoulder to get her out of her trance and to stop her from making it look so obvious.

"W-what? Oh yeah. I get it now!"

"Are you sure?"

"Pfft. Of course. I'm Im Yoona, I catch on really quick!" Yuri rolled her eyes at Yoona's boasting and continued on with the rest of the questions.

Ms Park turned to the class to get everyone's attention. "Could I get one from each person of the group to come up and solve a question on the board?"

Everyone groaned at the hassle to get up just to answer a question. Yuri, however, was willing to do whatever she needed to do. 

"Sooyoung, someone from your group please."

Simultaneously, Yoona and Sooyoung exclaimed, "Shot not!"

Yuri scowled at the two of them. Why did she have to be grouped with two lazy embeciles? She hoped this was the last time she needed to talk to them. Yuri stood up and made her way to the board.

Once again, everyone was dead silent as they watched Yuri do the first question. All eyes were on the board, while two pairs were on Yuri's...asset.

"I'm telling ya. It's bigger than anyone that I've ever seen."

"Will you cut that out? You can't have her."

"Woah! I never said I wanted her. I'm just saying she's got a nice-"

Yoona flicked Sooyoung on the cheek before she could finish her sentence. She needed to get her friend to shut up somehow. 

She turned back to Yuri and realised she had finished answering the equation on the board. There were a whole bunch of numbers and letters, Yoona felt she was in Spanish class or something. 

One by one, each student clapped and cheered, completely in awe at how clever the new student was. Yuri smiled and bowed before making her way back to sit beside Yoona.

"Good job, Yuri. You're really starting to strut your stuff." Sooyoung intended on making two meanings out of this compliment.

"Thanks Sooyoung.."

"Yeah! It would've taken me years to do that question. Uh..nice work..Yuri."

Yuri turned to the girl sitting beside her as she found Yoona scratching the back of her neck again.

A nervous habit perhaps? Yuri unconsciously smiled before turning back to the teacher.

"Thanks...stalker.."

***

Yuri walked into the cafeteria for the first time. Honestly, that morning, she planned on sitting by herself for another day. But Hyoyeon insisted she sit with her group. Yuri was quick to reject, but the older girl didn't take no for an answer.

Yuri's eyes roamed around the place, searching for a familiar blonde bob. At the corner by a large window, Yuri spotted Hyoyeon frantically waving her arm to get the tanned girl's attention. She rolled her eyes before taking a seat beside her new found friend.

"Yo. I didn't think you were gonna come."

"Can't have my dance instructor mad at me, right? I might as well start making friends."

Hyoyeon patted Yuri on the back and gave her a smile. "That's the spirit. Let me introduce you." Hyoyeon snapped her fingers to get both her friends' attentions. 

"Yuri, this is our baby maknae, Seohyun." The tallest in the group gave a cute smile to Yuri and shook her hand. "Hii unnie~"

Yuri smiled at the younger girl's manners, finding it rare to see polite students in a school like this.

"And this is my girlf- I mean...this is Sunny." Yuri was slightly confused with Hyoyeon's miswording but thought nothing of it. She watched as the shortest of them all glared at Hyoyeon before shaking Yuri's hand. 

"It's very nice to finally meet you, Yuri. I've heard a lot of people talk about you."

Yuri tilted her head. Have people already been talking about her? Yuri didn't think she'd done anything worth knowing about. She hesitated to go further into the suject, wanting to know if they were good things or bad, but instead, she decided on diminishing the topic. She wasn't going to care as of now.

"Yah! I told you to get me a chicken sandwich, not salad! What do you think I am? A vegetarian?! "

Yuri's attention was brought to the centre of the cafeteria, recognising that loud voice from maths class. She was hoping her intuition wasn't right, but the moment she turned around, her hopes were completely destroyed.

There, she saw Yoona and her group of friends sitting at the table in the middle of the room. She watched as Yoona continued to argue with Sooyoung, drawing the attention of most of the students in the cafeteria.

"I'm not getting you a chicken sandwich. You have to stay fit."

"What is that supposed to mean?! You don't like vegies either!"

Yuri turned back to the voice speaking at her table.

"They're so loud during lunch, it's like we have our own Live comedy performance." Sunny spoke while chewing on her fruit. 

"What do you expect, unnie? They're popular. Everyone's attention has to be on them 24/7..."

"They're popular?" Yuri intervened into the conversation. She hadn't known she was sitting with favoured kids in class. She'd never heard anyone speak their names in the hall. Or maybe she did, but she didn't know their names then.

"You didn't know? They're the only kids in the school who know how to drive. Some people say they all got it on the same day."

"What's so great about driving?"

Hyoyeon shoook her head at Yuri's amateur mind. "Everything. Literally everything."

Yuri rolled her eyes and turned back to the 'populars'. She didn't understand what was so great about them. She didn't understand why there even needed to be a popular group in high school. Why couldn't people just be equally popular and equally known? Sometimes, Yuri just didn't agree with society. 

"What are their names?" Yuri curiously asked.

"Well," It was Sunny speaking, "first off, there's the short ones."

"Unnie, you're shorter than them.."

"Hyunnie, please don't interrupt."

Seohyun grumbled in annoyance before continuing to read her book, making Yuri chuckle.

"As I was saying, the short ones are Taeyeon, Jessica and Tiffany. They're like always together. I've heard all three of them plan on working in the fashion industry. Taeyeon as a fashion designer, Tiffany as a famous model and Jessica as a manager. It's pretty lame."

"I think that's pretty cool."

"Seo, there's nothing cool about that. Fashion ." Yuri could see the frustration in Seohyun's eyes, finding it amusing how family-like they were. She chuckled once again before waiting for Sunny to continue.

"And then there's Sooyoung, the giant. She's the biggest shikshin but she's the skinniest out of all of them. It's weird, I know. Last but definitely not least, there's Im Yoona. EVERYBODY knows Im Yoona. The charming Yoong, Him Yoona, Im Choding, Yoong oppa, Yoo-"

"Okay! We get it."

"Someone's jealous.." Seohyun mumbled behind her book, hoping Yuri didn't hear her.

"I am not.." Hyoyeon retorted, crossing her arms over her chest, scowling at nothing in particular.

Sunny chuckled. "Yoona is the star player of the soccer team. She plays alongside Sooyoung. They've never lost a game EVER. Also, those two are known as the beautiful princes."

"...Why?"

"They're more masculine than feminine. I mean, Taeyeon too but she's really discreet about it."

"Are they...gay?"

Sunny stopped chewing and looked at Hyoyeon to answer that because honestly, no one really knew if their whole group was straight or not. They acted as if they enjoyed being around females more than males, but then again, wouldn't that be everybody?

"Ahem. I'm pretty sure they're not. Our school seems to be pretty uptight about that stuff. Why? Are...you against it?" Hyoyeon glanced at Sunny before skeptically looking at Yuri.

"Of course not." Yuri honestly didn't care about who and what people liked, as long as the person was kind to her, she'd be kind to them. It was that simple.

With all the information she had been given about Yoona and her group, though, Yuri felt as if she didn't want to be anywhere near the younger girl. She knew it sounded a bit rude but she was never able to hang around a popular crowd. She just didn't fit well with them. She gains her popularity just by being herself.

Yuri didn't know what to do anymore. She thought she was starting to lighten up with the whole 'stalking' thing but now that she knows of Yoona's popularity, she didn't think she could lighten up to anything.

***

The cold breeze past through Yuri's hair as she wandered around the school. The last bell for the day rang an hour ago, and the place was nearly deserted. That was besides the students studying in the library or getting extra help from teachers. 

Yuri would've been home by now, but she decided to stay for a while just to roam around the school without anyone interrupting her. She remembered the tree where she first met Yoona and walked towards her destination. Her hopes of not seeing the younger girl ended up in despair as she spotted the young deer taking a nap on the tree.

She groaned at the outcome and was going to go some place else, but her feet would not let her leave. Her eyes were glued to the peaceful student. Why was she so captivated by the younger girl's appearance? The setting sun behind her emphasised Yoona's grace and beauty.

Her head rested on her hands while her leg hung off the tree branch, swinging slowly every now and again. Yoona was wearing her dirty soccer uniform.

She must've just finished practice.

Yuri needed to get out of there before she did something stupid. With one last look at the peaceful deer, She her heel and walked around the corner.

Her face came crashing into a body as she stumbled back. Luckily, the student was able to catch her before she fell.

"Woah. Sorry- oh. Yuri, sup."

Yuri looked up to find Sooyoung staring down at her, a bit of concern shown in her eyes.

"Sooyoung, hey."

"Sorry about that."

Yuri smiled, accepting the younger girl's apology as Sooyoung pulled away, fixing the strap of her duffle bag on her shoulder and putting her hands back in her pockets.

"You stay late after school?"

"I was just roaming around the place. Y'know, trying to get familiar with everything."

"Why don't you just get someone to show you?" Sooyoung enquired.

"I'd rather not."

The taller nodded her understanding, not wanting to push anymore questions into the new kid. She then looked around the area as if she was searching for someone. "Hey, have you seen Yoong anywhere?"

Yuri raised a brow. "Yoong?"

"Yoona."

"Oh yeah...she's sleeping in that tree over there."

Yuri pointed to the giant tree not too far from them, making Sooyoung shake her head at her friend. "Of course she'd be there. Thanks. Wait a minute..." Sooyoung looked at Yuri suspiciously. "How long have you been standing here?"

Yuri tried to avoid Sooyoung's eye contact and looked somewhere else. "Not long...anyways, i'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait-" Yuri fast walked past the taller girl and left the area in a rush, not wanting to answer to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung stood there dumbfounded and turned back to her friend on the tree, then back to where Yuri was standing before. 

"Well...that was weird."

 

 

 

...

__________

Second chapter :) how is it? Good? Bad? let me know :DDD

Yoona's a bit indecisive huh? What's so bad about liking a girl, Yoong? ;) 

Thank you for reading this chapter!

((i'll do replies after every second chapter starting from now. I promise!))