Rescue

Rainy Day

          The journey to the hospital was beyond endurance for Sojin. He was extremely worried and at the same time he felt ashamed and furious. Ashamed that he couldn't protect Yejin and furious on whoever had done this to her. Even though he had told Taehyhung to go home, the boy insisted on tagging along. After witnessing and finding Yejin in her confined state, Taehyung couldn't erase the look on her face from his mind. He too felt worried, ashamed and furious. Also, partially responsible.

 

          At the moment, the two were in Yejin's hospital room. The doctor recommended that she should stay at least a weeks time to recover from shock and from her wound. And, after leaving the hospital, the doctor recommended her to avoid doing anything that would stress her head and neck.

 

She's awake.” Taehyung whispered when he saw Yejin's eyes flutter. He turned to Sojin who had just finished filling out her forms.

 

Nurse.” Sojin called out to the lady that just left. “She's awake.”

 

You're at the hospital.” Taehyung whispered again when she looked at him confusedly. She tried to sit up from her bed though it was no use with the pain from her upper body.

 

Don't try to move.” Sojin warned and pressed the button that moved the upper bed mattress up. “Do you recall what happened to you?”

 

I brought the pain killers.” The nurse smiled and held out a little tray. Taehyung was just about to grab it from her when Sojin beats him to it.

 

Thank you.” He smiled and the nurse blushed as she left. “I called your family.” He fed her the pills knowing she won't voluntarily take it herself. Surprisingly this time, she refused his help and took the tablet in her hand. He handed her the cup of water and watched her put the medicine in . “They should be on their way.” She paused for less than a second before drinking the water.

 

So, what do you know?” She asked Sojin and completely ignored Taehyung's presence. Almost every serious incident she's been through, Sojin was always able to piece together all information to have a solid conclusion even if he wasn't present at the time of the event.

 

Park Doyeon. A student from your school. Accomplice, current boyfriend, Yang Insong. High school drop out.” Sojin reported which received a smirk from Yejin and astonishment from Taehyung. The boy had no idea what went on in Sojin's mind during the time he was with him. All they found was a bloody pipe hidden in between some bushes.

 

Such wasted talent of his. She stared at the foot of her bed.

 

“How did you know all of that?! We – Well I know we only had a suspect!” Taehyung gawked at the man who paid him no attention.

 

What are you planning on doing with this information?” She asked, but the question that should be directed to herself.

 

If you don't disapprove it, I plan on taking legal actions with the police.” He confessed and she scoffed at his intention.

 

And risk your identity?” She studied Taehyung's facial expression. He was completely clueless. She glanced over at Sojin and he was slightly flustered.

 

It is not a risk if I'm doing it entirely for you.” He countered. “Your uncle will also take action if you disapprove of me taking legal actions.” He faced her to meet her eyes.

 

Yejin!” Mr. Lee interrupted them with his outcry. He ran over to the bed side and held her hand. “I'm so glad you're okay. What would we do if something even more terrible happened to you?”

 

I wouldn't do anything that's for sure.” Yooshin sneered and relaxed on the couch furthest from the bed. Yejin pulled her hand away from Mr. Lee's and hung her head.

 

Do you still think you're five?!” Her mom shouted which made the girl look up. And without warning, she slapped her across the face. Sojin stared in shock and anger, knowing he can't do anything about her mom while Mr. Lee pulled the mother back. Taehyung was the only one speechless while Yooshin was busy snickering.

 

The doctor said she has head trauma!” Mr. Lee blocked her mom from getting closer to her. Even though the slap stung, she showed no emotion despite her mom screaming and shouting.

 

Kang move! Head trauma or no head trauma. Are you out of your mind?!” She screamed at the emotionless girl.

 

As her mother, you shouldn't be acting this way. Especially in a hospital.” Sojin finally spoke up in his coldest yet politest voice. He looked over at the doorway which her mom followed to see two nurses peeking their head in. From that, her mom composed herself and walked over to Yooshin.

 

Normally, mothers would ask if their child is alright if things happen like this.” Yejin muttered and rolled her eyes.

 

Sorry about that.” Mr. Lee apologized and gently walked over. “Your mother didn't mean to – “

 

Mr. Lee?”Taehyung cuts him off.

 

The man stared at Taehyung's face with a puzzled expression, “Oh! Taehyung?” He laughed, “It's been awhile!”

 

Yes, sir!” Taehyung smiled as well.

 

I didn't know you went to school with our Yejin.” The man patted the boy on the shoulder. “Thank you for saving her.” He said and then turned to Sojin. “Both of you.”

 

I didn't know she was your daughter.” Taehyung peeled at her to which she looked away. Mr. Lee knew that he wasn't fully accepted in her heart, so he brushed the statement away.

 

Um, how's your father these days?” He switched topics.

 

He's here and there. Work has been very busy for him this past month.” Taehyung answered.

 

Really now? That explains why I haven't heard from him for so long. Tell him to call me when you see him. It's been a year since we fished and had soju together.” The man chuckled.

 

I will do that.” Taehyung faked a laugh. “Hopefully I will see him once when he comes home.”

 

Daddy, I'm hungry. Let's go eat.” Yooshin whined from the side.

 

But we just arrived.” Her father replied.

 

I don't care. I want to leave. I didn't even want to come in the first place.” She huffed with her arms crossed over her chest, “Let's go now. You never liked it when I was cranky from being hungry.”

 

F-Fine.” He gave in to his bossy daughter. He gave Yejin and apologetic look before doing a phone gesture. “Bye everyone.”

 

Bye.” Taehyung bowed and the three left the room. “Wow, I didn't know you were the daughter of the police chief!” He sighed in jealousy, “I always looked up to him when I was younger and even now.”

 

How do you two know each other?” Sojin asked in Yejin's stead.

 

Our fathers are friends.” Taehyung explained with a head nod, “That must be a coincidence for us then.” He nudged the girl a bit with a grin on his face.

 

Leave.” Yejin ordered and closed her eyes. Taehyung opened his mouth to protest, but Sojin dragged him out before he could. After hearing the door shut, she turned off half the lights and adjusted her bed. And don't ever come back.

 


 

 A/N: Thanks for reading! COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/SHARE! (: