Trust

Rainy Day

This is why I can never trust people in this business. She glared at the two as they walked her back to her chair. She looked at her seat was to see Taehyung already seated behind her chair. His eyes were blindfolded and the ropes around his body and limbs had improved. Taehyung was afraid of what was going to happen and didn't know how to get out of this situation, but he didn't want to show Yejin any sign of fear. The sight of his wounds such as a cut on his head, a black eye and a busted lip broke her heart. She didn't want anyone to be involved. Anyone to be involved with her or her dark side of the family. Not after what happened to her dad. “Why did they hurt him?! Why did they bring him here? He did nothing wrong!” She whispered angrily as she turned to her captors for answers.

 

Talk to the young master.” The man on her right laughed before pushing her down to her seat. She hits the back rest roughly which she nearly hit Taehyung's head with her own if she hadn't stopped in time.

 

Yejin?” Taehyung turned his head. He waited for an answer, but she didn't say anything as she was being retied and tighter. “Are you there?” He asked. She ignored him once again as she was busy giving death glares to their captors.

 

Don't die on us, you two.” One of them snorted before they went back outside. Taehyung leaned his head back so that he could make sure Yejin was behind him. He lightly nudged her head which made her turn around. She turns her head with the good side and looked at him. Through her good eye, she can see the blood stains on the blindfold from his wound and the usual smiled he had just under it. She had no idea why he was smiling when she knew he was scared.

 

You alright?” He asked in a soft tone. A sigh escaped her lip and she turned her head back.

 

Shouldn't I be asking you that?” She said in a half whisper half talking tone.

 

He laughs weakly and leaned his head back so that he was resting his head on her shoulder. “I guess. I'm fine, really. You should of seen yourself.”

 

Says the one who could barely stand.” She mumbled and he laughed again. Out of no where, tears started to form in her eyes. The tears out of anger stung her eye making her hate herself even more. She hated the fact that she got Taehyung involved, how he knows about the mafia relations she had and the fact that she doesn't know why she was here in the first place. But after seeing Chaekyung, she had a gut feeling that it could be some unsettled rivalry amongst the two mafia groups. She heard of cases like these situations from listening to Mr. Lee talk about it over dinner. Usually, no one paid attention to his stories, but her. “I'm sorry.” She lets out another sigh, though this time to stop her shaky voice. She swallows the lump growing in and the tears along with it. “I'll get you out of here. I promise. I know you're scared of what might happen, but don't think of anything. I will get you out here alive. – “

 

What about you?” He asked solemnly. She turned in confusion to his response and saw that the smile he had earlier dropped to a straight line. She saw him swallow hard and his jaws clenching. “What makes you think I'll get out of here alone? What makes you think I'm leaving you here by yourself? If we're going to leave this place, we're going together. I'm not going to abandon you.”

 

You're scared of them aren't you?” She cuts him off like he did to her. “You know for a fact that they might kill us without anyone knowing. I know you've seen the movies and shows on how these guys are portrayed. They're not merciful nor are they reasonable. You and I both know that.” She looked down at her lap. “You know that they wanted me in the first place. So don't get yourself associated with me anymore. If we both get to leave this place, don't ever talk to me again. Don't even mention my name.... Act as if you never met me. You'll be safer that way.”

 

We're friends, aren't we?” He asked with a shaky voice. “Why do you always act like we're not? After everything we been through with Namjoon too. Why must you do everything alone? Why do you shut yourself out from everyone?” He bit his lip. “Why?”

 

I don't want anything to happen to you. You're a good person who deserves the best of everything. I don't want you to get hurt.” She answered and blinked her tears back.

 

Same here.” He said and the conversation was left in the air. They listened to each others breathing until Taehyung spoke again. “I want to see you. Take off this stupid blind fold.” He said and nudged her again. He turned his head the best he could and she semi faced him.

 

You look better with the blind fold.” She scoffed which made him laugh. He nudged her again and she leaned in and pulled off the loosely tied blindfold with her lips. He looked at her warmly despite the condition he was in. Though, soon realizing he was staring, he turned away with the clear of his throat.

 

I hope that doesn't scar.” He said and a wave of embarrassment washed over him. He waited for a witty response from her, but she said nothing. “Yejin?” He turned back, but she had her eyes fixated in the darkness.

 

Do you trust me?” She asked while she was vigorously getting out of the ropes. He felt the movements by his hands and understood what she was doing.

 

Of course.”