Don't Leave

Rainy Day

          After watching the car drive away from the window, Taehyung sat at the arm of the couch.“What now?” He stretched his arms as Namjoon shuts the door.

 

Well, I'm going to take a nap.” Namjoon yawned, “Wake me up when there's food.” He dived onto the couch, face down. He grabbed one of the couch pillows and snuggled his face into it. Taehyung shook his head at the boy and went to prepare the congee for Yejin. With a breakfast tray, he filled it with a bowl of plain, but flavored, warm congee and a glass of water. He wasn't sure if he should serve Yejin fruits because of how sick she was. Before he went up the stairs, he made sure to chuck a pillow at Namjoon.

 

Yejin... I'm coming in..” He said with one hand on the door knob and one hand holding the tray securely to his chest. “I'm coming in..” He somewhat warned her even though he knows she's sleeping. He gently pushed the door open and the first thing he saw was her clothes on the floor. He followed the minor trail of clothes to the bed and the sight of her nearly made him drop the tray in surprise. Yejin's was wearing his clothes; however, his t shirt was a bit lower than he thought it would be. He gulped at the sight of her defined collarbones. The blanket also wasn't fully covering her body so he was able to see her toned legs. All of what he was seeing was what he found attractive in a woman, though seeing her like this is making him flustered. He sets the tray down nervously and hurriedly covered her from shoulder to toe with the blanket. He glanced at where he had placed his clothes to see the sweats still there. “Y-Yejin... wake up.” He spoke in the softest tone he could use, “You have to eat something.” He waited for a few seconds and then, she opened her eyes reluctantly. She looked at him sleepily and he cleared his throat. He gestured to the food and she weakly sat up. She threw her legs off the bed and carefully stood up, though he pushed her back down. He pulled the blankets away and placed the tray on the bed. He crouched beside the bed and looks at her. “Were you always this delicate and fragile?” He teased, but got no response. He lets out a sigh and handed her the spoon. He also directed the spoon in her hand to the bowl to urge her to eat. “Try some.” The girl ignored him and slowly stirred the congee with her mind deep in thought. With yet again, another sigh, he took the spoon from her and scooped half a spoonful of congee. He blew on it once to make sure it wasn't hot and grabbed her chin with his hands. He fed her the congee to which she also reluctantly eats. It's not that his cooking was bad to her, it was just that she didn't have an appetite. “I know you don't like skin ship.” He released her chin, “So I don't think you want me to feed you, right?” She merely glanced at him before attempting to eat. As he folded her clothes, she ate in complete silence. His eyes were only on the barely depleting bowl. She forced herself to eat and in the end she makes it through half of the congee. She eventually chugged down the cup of water and crawled back into bed which Taehyung tucks her into. He felt her forehead and was relieved to feel her fever going down just a tad bit. He gathered the cup and dish from earlier and placed them on the tray. “I'll come back later tonight. Sleep well.” He whispered and shuts the door quietly. He returned to the kitchen and made dinner for himself and Namjoon.

 

FOOD. FOOOD.” Namjoon immediately woke up from smelling the delicious aroma. He bolted from the couch and skipped into the kitchen. As if he was a child and Taehyung was his mother, he followed the boy around the kitchen while drooling with impatience. Taehyung finally settled down in the dining room with their dinner. Namjoon dug in without a second thought and created a massive mess. Taehyung on the other hand, ate slowly and quietly with his mind elsewhere. “Oh yeah, your phone was ringing nonstop while you were upstairs with Yejin. It got annoying so I took it apart.” Namjoon took out the pieces of Taehyung's phone from his pocket.

 

Thanks.” Taehyung said, sarcastically and retrieved the parts. He puts together his phone and checked for the missing calls and text. “Fifteen missed calls from Sanghee... Two from dad... Ten texts from Sanghee...” He mumbled to himself.

 

Crazy~” Namjoon mouthed and proceeded to finish his bowl of rice. He motioned for more, but Taehyung was busy reading the texts left on his phone. With the shake of his head, Namjoon got up and went to refill his bowl.

 

          The little dinner ended awkwardly when Taehyung was only immersed in trying to explain himself towards Sanghee. The conversation between the couple grew intense so in the end Namjoon had to quietly help himself out of the house. The reason why Namjoon left was because he couldn't take the fact that Taehyung is pathetically enduring Sanghee's rage on the phone without fighting back.

 

I'll see you tomorrow, okay?” Taehyung said after the fire died down, “Goodnight babe.” He ended the call with a deep sigh and took apart his phone so that he wouldn't have to go through that again. He finished what was left of his now cold dinner despite Namjoon devoured most of what he had made. Once he became full, he cleaned everything up and went to take a shower. He made sure he showered quickly in case Yejin were to need something even though he really wanted to stay in the shower longer. He left the bathroom wearing a gray long-sleeve t shirt and dark blue pajama pants. He draped the towel around his neck while drying his hair. He was just about to do his laundry, but his eyes fixated at Yejin's door. “Medicine.” He reminded himself and made a quick pivoted before going down the stairs. He took another pill and filled another cup of water. He reached her door again and knocked softly. After hearing no response, he knocked twice again. “I'm coming in.” He said and pushed the door open. He sets the pill and water down to feel the girl's forehead. He gasped at how hot her forehead had become and wasted no time in waking her up. He helped her take her medicine and without a word, she just went back to sleep.

 

I...love you...mom.” She mumbled to which he was surprised to hear. He tidied the blanket around her and tucked her in, but suddenly, she grabbed his hand. He looked at her puzzled, but doesn't pull away. She squeezed it weakly and looked at him with half opened eyes.

 

Don't.. leave me... alone... Sojin.” She whispered to the point he could barely hear her. Like before, her eyes were playing tricks on her again. She didn't know why, but she kept seeing Sojin in almost everything Taehyung has done for her so far. Normally, Sojin would be the one caring for her when she's vulnerable like this so she's not use to the change of person. The only person to witness her vulnerable, weak and fragile side was Sojin. After all, years before she separated with him, he looked after her like her family. He knows almost everything about her. “...Don't...” She breathed in heavily. Taehyung gazed at her sadly and stared at their hands entwined.

 

I won't.” He sat next to her, “I promise.” Once he knew she was in a deep sleep, he carefully slid his hand out of hers and went to sleep in his room.