Where are you now, this rain knows.

Rainy Day

"Honey, it's been a week since she had been at home. I'm worried if something happened. I thought we resolved everything." Yejin's mom sighed deeply as the two stood in front of Yejin's door.

 

"Well, as long as we know she's at home and not elsewhere." He sighed, "She'll come around when she wants to speak to us. You know she's still getting use to interacting with us." He frowned.

 

"I'm such a horrible mother." Tears began to well up in her eyes, "After all this time it's only now that I realized what I've become."  She looked to her husband's chest for support and he comforted her.

 

"Perhaps I should call the boys and ask. Maybe they'll know." He whispered into her ear. She nodded and hugged him tightly. Suudenly, I knock came from downstairs. The couple turned to go downstairs, but Yejin beat them to it. She was already down the stairs and in front of the door. She pulled the door open and Namjoon stood there soaked from head to toe. The second she looked up at his face, there was a look of distress. He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into his chest. He hugged her tightly despite her being shocked from the sudden cold embrace.

 

"He's gone." He whispered with a shaky voice. "He's not here anymore." He pulled away and carressed her face who's eyes went wide. 

 

"W-What are you talking about?" She shook her head. It felt as if all the light she had inside dispersed. All the warmth Taehyung's presence brought her escaped. "You're lying." Her body shook, "You're lying, Namjoon."

 

  He handed her his phone which had Taehyung's last text message on it. "This is what he sent me this morning. I looked for him everywhere. He's not at home, not at the gym or the arcade. I... even asked Sanghee too." 

 

"I'm leaving today, Namjoon. Take care of everything, okay? I'm sorry." - Taehyung

 

  Without a word, Yejin handed the phone back. Namjoon looked for some kind of answer, but he couldn't tell what she was thinking. Suddenly, she disappeared from his side and down the street she went. Even though he called after her, she only ran faster. She desperately searched everywhere for Taehyung. The first place she checked was his house. When she arrived, her heart dropped to her stomach to see a sold stake in the front yard. She pounded on the door, hoping someone was at least there, but no one answered the door. She ran to the park while ringing Taehyung's cell phone. After the fifth time she recalled, she gave up. She scanned the area quickly to see it was empty. She wiped the cold water off her face and frustration was overwhelming her.  She was confused and her heart ached. Tears started to sting her eyes because of it. .

 

He can't leave. He can't. She repeatedly thought, Why is he leaving? Where is he going?  He can't just leave after doing all these things for me. He can't! She wiped her face. I can't give up. She thought and began running. Along the way Namjoon texted her, saying that there could be a chance to Taehyung to have left the country. They both knew that Taehyung had an interest in Europe. Though that could be a possibility, she was in complete denial. Not only did she ignore the text, she turned off her phone as well.  The final place she hasn't checked was the school. The place where Taehyung first spoke to her. Once the front of the school was in sight, she proceeded to call out his name. "TAEHYUNG! TAEHYUNG!" She shouted repeatedly over the sound of the rain pouring. After thoroughly checking the front area of the school, she went to the back of the school where the field was. Someone holding an umbrella walking through the field towards the far fence caught her eye. Even though she couldn't really tell who it was, from the height of the person, she hoped it would be Taehyung. She sprinted in the direction of the person and nearly crashed into them if she hadn't stopped in time. "Taehyung!" She cried, but it wasn't him it was Sojin. Almost immedaitely, she bursted into tears. "HE'S GONE, SOJIN. TAEHYUNG'S GONE. I DON'T KNOW WHY HE LEFT." She bawled. Sojin was speechless. He haven't seen her like this since the night she found out her dad died. "I DID SOMETHING. I KNOW I DID SOMETHING. THAT'S WHY HE LEFT."

 

"Calm down, Yejin." Sojin finally said and grabbed her wrist.

 

"ITS ALL MY FAULT." She started to hiccup, "I SHOULDN'T OF TOLD HIM. I MADE THINGS AWKWARD. I SHOULD OF LET HIM STAY WITH SANGHEE. EVERYTHINGS MY FAULT." 

 

  He held her tighter."CALM DOWN." He raised his voice. He was angry at the fact that she was like this. By touch, he couldn't feel any warmth. She backed away from the umbrella, but he made sure to keep her under despite her reluctantness. 

 

"It's all my fault. I can't love anyone, Sojin. It's all --" Suddenly, his lips pressed against hers. She attempted to break free, but he held her tightly. Now, he was furious. Mostly at Taehyung for setting him up like this. An hour before, he recieved a text from the the boy asking to meet up at school. He was just about to leave since Taehyung was a no show, but Yejin stopped him. Yejin eventually relaxed and he broke the kiss.

 

  Little did they know, from the other side of the field, Taehyung was watching them. It broke his heart seeing the kiss since he realized his feelings for Yejin were still confusing. He couldn't figure out if he truly liked her or liked the fact that they were close. But, he knew from the start Sojin loved her. That love was solid. During the times he seen Sojin, he knew those feelings never wavered for the man. He also knew the immense jealousy from Sojin was directed at him and Namjoon for spending so much time with her. Even so, he mentally thanked Sojin for always showing up at a crucial time.

 

Now, I can focus on mending the relationship with my mom. Taehyung thought as he walked away, Sojin... He gripped his umbrella handle. until I come back you better keep her happy. As for Namjoon. He sighed, What should I tell him? I know I can't keep him in the dark forever. He paused and looked up at the crying sky.  Yejin... Even though the sky cries, there's always a rainbow at the end of every storm. I hope you find that rainbow and appreciate what life brings. He held out his hand to touch the rain. I'm with you.