Frame

Rainy Day

          The next several weeks, Taehyung kept trying to befriend Yejin even though he got ignored most of the time. He would use any excuse to talk to her even if it meant he'd have to leave Sanghee or Namjoon at times. Some students at school had thought he had dumped Sanghee, but in all honesty, he's only curious about Yejin and is determined to help her since she was the same as him. He wanted her to know that if she is in need of someone, he will be there for her.

 

          On the other hand, she merely acknowledged his presence whenever he tried to talk to her. Either she responds just barely or she completely ignored him. Sanghee was completely irritated over the fact it seemed like Taehyung is spending more time and attention on Yejin than herself. So far, Yejin is currently in the center of all the gossip Sanghee and her clique is talking about. Even though Sanghee and her clique would take action and bother the girl behind Taehyung's back, it never fazed her.

 

What are we going to do about that chick? Whatever we do, she doesn't care! It's like she's some kind of robotic being or something. It's ridiculous.” One of Sanghee's closes friends exclaimed along side her. The girls were in the school bathroom taking their usual cigarette hits and skipping class of course.

 

She pisses me off.” Sanghee rinsed with water to get the tobacco smell out. “You should tell me what to do with her, Doyeon.” She dries her lips with her sleeve and proceeded to take out her perfume. Doyeon gets rid of the cigarette as well and let Sanghee spray her with perfume. After doing so, she does the same to her.

 

It amazes me how you're still able to keep this away from Taehyung. Would he dump you if he found out? I don't mind being his rebound.” She joked and ultimately she gets a glare from Sanghee. “I'm just kidding.” She takes out a pack of mint gum and handed her a piece.

 

Nothing works with that girl. Playing tricks on her doesn't work, getting some girls to roughen her up in the washrooms by intimidating her too and now she doesn't even want money. What the hell is wrong with that girl?” Sanghee growled and tousled her hair. “Where are the others?”

 

They went to keep an eye on her.” Doyeon mumbled and began to think up scenarios in her mind. “Why don't we scare her so much that she will move schools?”

 

How? Should I personally confront her ?” Sanghee stopped and looked the girl in the eye. The image of her walking to Yejin pops into mind.

 

...Sure?” Doyeon stopped herself from revealing a hesitant plan. “We can try that first to see if it works.”

 

Get the girls to corner her in the washroom.” Sanghee ordered and with the click of her heels, she struts out the door and offff she went to find Taehyung.

 

How long are you guys going to keep watch of me.” Yejin merely muttered over her shoulder at the group of girls trailing her from behind. The girls flinched at her tone and hid behind whatever was able to conceal them. With the roll of her eyes, Yejin was on her way again. The girls followed her close behind;however one stayed back to answer a phone call which was from Doyeon. The girl smiled evilly to herself before joining group. She gave the girls the signal and the girls surrounded Yejin. The girl looks at them with no emotion and didn't feel threatened by them.

 

Come with us and don't make a scene.” The girl that answered the phone said. The rest closed in on Yejin and two of them forcefully as well as cautiously, approached her and grabbed each of her arms. They escorted her towards the washroom Doyeon was in and when they arrived, all the were waiting for was the leader to appear. Eventually, Sanghee appeared with her head held high and her arrogant attitude as high as sky. She walked in with superiority and her girls, but Doyeon blocked the entrance.

 

I'm just going to keep it simple. At all costs avoid Taehyung and don't you dare talk to him ever.” She crossed her arm over her chest. Yejin scoffed and leaned against the sink counter.

 

Perhaps you should keep an eye on your boy and keep him by you at all times.” She suggested with her eyes on her own reflection. “I don't want anything to do with you or him nor anyone else. Get lost.” She said firmly which caught Sanghee off guard.

 

Sanghee scoffed out of surprise,“Excuse me?” She took a step forward, “You should be lucky that we're even talking to you. Also, that my boyfriend is even talking to you. My boyfriend is too kind and generous to ugly, cheap looking girls like you. Don't think of yourself as special towards him. He's like this to everyone so don't even think you'll be able to become friends with him.” She tossed her hair over her shoulder. “Might as well just transfer schools.”

 

Is that what you have to say? To keep me in the washroom just so that you can say this?” Yejin smirked, “Pathetic.”

 

You . Do you even have a brain? Do you know who you're even talking to? If you keep causing problems, we'll make your life here like hell. So keep your mouth shut unless you want to get yourself in deeper trouble with us.” Doyeon threatened with her eyes glaring intensely at her who doesn't even feel fear.

 

Make my life here like hell? Are you trying to threaten me?” She cocked her head to the side, “I've dealt with scarier people than you.” She took a step forward as well. “Try doing it. Try making me cower in fear. Harass me all you want. My attitude towards you or anyone else won't change.”

 

We'll take your friends. We'll isolate you from everyone. We'll give you regular beatings.” Another girl spoke out in defiance despite feeling slightly afraid of Yejin. The fear she felt inside soon released upon making eye contacts with Yejin. “Y-You won't have anyone to rely on. I-If you try telling the authorities, no one will be on your side to help you go against us.”

 

I had no one to begin with.” Yejin smiled mockingly at the girls. “Good luck.” She exits the washroom while leaving behind an intimidating aura. As she walked down the hall, she hears the frustrating cursing and shouting from the girls. She smirked to herself and went on her way towards class, but a painful sounding thud stopped her. She turned her head in the direction of the washroom in curiosity, but less than a second later, she was on her way again. Her next class was PE so she went out to the field where her gym class was. Everyone was present, but Doyeon and Sanghee. The teacher didn't mind the girls absent and continued on his lesson which was a brief warm up run.

 

          Since Yejin's physic was at the top of the class, when the teacher blew his whistle, she was the first to run down the track with the rest of the girls barely jogging from behind. She overlapped them twice, but had to stop when she saw the teacher waving his hand for her to come over. She changed direction and jogged over to him. She gaves him a minor bow and he squints at her.

 

Yejin, correct?” He adjusted his baseball cap. She nodded with her eyes staring at his clipboard. The principal would like to see you. She bowed again and jogged towards the building. Along the way, she bumped into the school secretary, but she doesn't pay much attention to him other than giving him a bow.

 

You're in deep trouble now.” He informed while checking his document in hand. “Should I tell your uncle or your mom?”

 

What now?” She asked without looking at him. The secretary used to go to school with her dad and uncle. Even though he tried to be the trusting adult in her life, she doesn't acknowledge him either because she doesn't trust anyone.

 

He sighed and pushed his glasses up,“You'll see.” He flips open his document, “Please stay out of trouble. You were never like this. This has been the third time you came to the office in a week.”

 

She scoffed and with the rolled her eyes. “It's not like I want to get in trouble.” She muttered under her breath. This past week it was all Sanghee's doing. She followed the secretary into the office and he escorted her to the principals room.

 

Mr. Nam, Lee Yejin is here.” The secretary announced before he pushed open the door. There stood Sanghee, Doyeon by the desk and the principal at his seat.

 

Thanks Mr. Moon.” Mr. Nam nodded and gestured Yejin to step inside. The second she made eye contact with Sanghee, she couldn't believe what had happen. Doyeon was shooting daggers out of her eyes while Sanghee pretended to be crying.

 

I-It's her.” She faked a cry, “I didn't do anything to her, but she keeps harassing me.”

 

What?” Yejin mockingly grinned at the act.

 

Now,now.” Mr. Nam stood with his hands pressed on his desk, “All of you please take a seat.” He gestured to the empty chairs. The two girls sat, but Yejin. He shrugged at her unwillingness, but doesn’t force her to sit. “I already heard the story from these girls, Yejin. Can you please tell me what happened?”

 

I don't understand, Mr. Nam. I'm not sure what I did. I don't think I have done anything.” She looked him straight in the eye.

 

Geez, this girl still gives me the creeps. He looks her up and down.

 

You pushed Sanghee in the washroom!” Doyeon pointed furiously at her. “You shoved her against the sink and she fell on the ground.” With that, Sanghee pretended to feel pain in her right hip bone.

 

That's what they say supposedly happened. To make this fair, I thought I'd hear you out.” Mr. Nam cuts in. The loud thud Yejin heard when she left the washroom plays in her head again. The fact that she's being framed doesn't anger her, but brought her slight amusement.

 

Hear me out?” Yejin mumbled under her breath, knowing how the principal never really was fair. “Stand.” She nodded to Sanghee who flinched in surprise.

 

W-What?” She asked, completely dumbfounded. Yejin gave her a look which made her stood up. Yejin moves swiftly and pulled the side of Sanghee's uniform up slightly just revealing a bit of skin. Doyeon slapped Yejin's hand away and helped Sanghee cover up.

 

As you saw, there's no bruise. If I did shove her, hitting the edge of the sink would at least cause a mark, correct?” She looked at Mr. Nam who seemed to agree.

 

Then explain this.” Sanghee scoffed and showed her knee that's starting to bruise up.

 

She said,” Yejin cocked her head over at Doyeon, “I shoved you towards the sink. If I did, you would of stopped herself when you hit the sink. Even if you didn't, and fell over you wouldn't be falling on your knee. You would fall backwards instead after hitting the counter.”

 

Mr. Nam nodded, “That also sounds correct.” He pointed at Yejin, “You may leave Yejin though you two will stay and explain yourselves.” Before she left, Yejin smirked at the two girls. As well as mentally thanking them for not making her do the work to make a fool upon themselves. Once she left the room, Mr. Moon looked at her with surprised, but she only gave him a smirk. She nonchalantly walked down the hallway, but as she was doing so, she sees Taehyung running towards her. She tried to ignore him, but he comes right her.

 

I heard from the girls that Sanghee and you got called to the principals office. What happened?” He grabbed her by the shoulders and looked worriedly into her eyes. She shrugged him off and walked by him. “Yejin!” He hollered after her, but she doesn't respond to him like always. He wanted to chase after her, though knowing Sanghee is inside, he goes to the office with a sigh.