Resolve

Rainy Day

          Just before they were brought to sit together, Yejin managed to find a piece of glass as she was running away. She had kept it hidden in her back pocket and only forgot about it when she was too busy beating herself up. After a few jumping movements, she carefully slid the glass out of the pocket and into her hand. She tried sawing through the rope, but had to switch sides when felt the dullness of the glass. Soon enough, she was able to saw through the ropes that held her wrists together. She freed her arms and gave them a good stretch before focusing on her legs. She hurriedly got Taehyung's upper body out and he went on to free his legs. Yejin stealthily goes near the door and just when she was about to open the door, it opened by itself. She leaned close to the wall and held her breath. She hoped for the person to be one of the easier men to take out, but it was Chaekyung. Despite not knowing his abilities, she threatens him with the piece of glass by his throat. He merely looked over at her as she walked into the light.

 

What do you want with me?” She hissed, but staggered back when her head began to throb. Chaekyung silently grabbed a hold of her wrist and pulled her arm back with his other arm around her waist. She was somewhat glad he caught her before she fell over, but at the same time fearful because she was in a vulnerable position.

 

Let her go!” Taehyung called out as he got himself out of the ropes. Chaekyung said nothing, but gave the boy a look which silenced him. He nodded to the boy to stay put and since Yejin was in his hands, Taehyung did as wanted. Chaekyung slowly loosens his grip on Yejin when he felt her go slightly limp. He turns her around and gently took the glass out of her hand.

 

You can go.” He said in a deep, smooth voice. The girl furrowed her eye brows in confusion. She couldn't understand what he meant by that. “Go.” He repeated and Taehyung ran over to them. He grabbed Yejin by the shoulders and led her out. Just as they go through the door, they stopped.

 

How come the change of mind?” Taehyung asked.

 

I don't know why you guys are here. Just leave.” He answered and followed them out. Taehyung nodded and pulled Yejin's left arm over his shoulders to assist her in walking. Chaekyung walked them to the field and towards the taxi that awaited them. Beofre they could even get the chance to touch the taxi, the group of men ran out from behind the building in alarm.

 

What are you doing, young master?”

 

They're not suppose to leave!”

 

          They said in several responses. Like before, Chaekyung only silenced them with a gesture. He nodded the couple to leave and Taehyung helped Yejin get inside. He was about to go around to the other side, but a black car coming in a distance halted him from walking further. Yejin looked to see where he had went to see him staring off. She crawled out of the car to see Yusoo get out of the black car parked a meter away from them. The red haired man walked over with a grin on his face, but it dropped when he saw the faces of Taehyung and Yejin.

 

W-What … “ He frowned. “What the hell did you guys do to them?!” He barked at the underlings who flinched. He grabbed the closest guy next to him and threw him to the ground. “You're not suppose to touch her!” Suddenly, a punch went flying and headed straight towards Yusoo's face. Upon impact, the man fell to the ground with a thud. He looked up in shock to see it was Chaekyung who had hit him. Chaekyung had a straight face as he rubbed his knuckles.

 

Are you trying to get our relations with the Lee group jepardized?” He snapped and the other two men helped Yusoo up who was reluctant to. Chaekyung lets out a sigh and gestured the taxi to start the car. He bent down and grabbed Yusoo by the collar. “Mature.” He said and shoved the man back.

 

          After the whole ordeal, later on that night as Taehyung and Yejin both settled at Sojin's house, the man went back to where they had been taken to give the people a piece of his mind. Everyone was present as he arrived and he wasted no time showing how furious he was. The second he got off his motorcycle he purchased not too long ago, he lashed out on the closest man. He threw his helmet towards the man and knocked him out from behind. Those who were on the field looked at their fallen member in surprise before going after Sojin. Sojin was prepared to take all five of them on, but after hearing all the commotion the underlings were making, Chaekyung stepped out with the bruised Yusoo. Chaekyung said nothing, but understood completely why Sojin was here for. Instead of breaking up the fight, he told all the men to stand back and kicked Yusoo from behind. Yusoo stumbled forward to Sojin in confusion, but once Sojin grasped the collar of his shirt, he also knew why he had come.

 

Who the hell are you to do those things?” Sojin tightened his grip. He took one good swing and hit Yusoo square in the jaw. Nearly the exact same place he was hit hours prior. Yusoo's body followed in the direction of the swing, but he didn't fall over. He wiped the corner of his lips with the back of his hand and faced Sojin with a straight face.

 

I didn't know they were going to do that.” He looked at the ground, “I just wanted to talk to her.” Sojin took in a deep breath to calm himself, but it only infuriated him even more. He punched him again and followed the punch with a knee to the stomach. Yusoo fell to the ground wheezing and hoped that Chaekyung would say something like an apology, but he said nothing. He couldn't believe the fact that of all times, Chaekyung chose now to not bail him out of everything. Sojin was about to repeat his actions to the defenceless man, but someone ran up from behind him. He turned in time to block a full body punch.

 

Stand back!” Chaekyung ordered as the two stepped back from each other.

 

Let me at him. I want to prove to everyone he isn't all that perfect.” The crew cut hair man said with eyes thirsting for blood.

 

I said... Stand back.” Chaekyung repeated in a stern voice, but the latter didn't comply. Sojin blocked another incoming punch before flipping the man over, though the man was persistent. There were two more killing attempts until the minor fight halted when Chaekyung stepped forward. “Get him.” He cocked his head towards the two. Sojin fended for himself when the other men were running at him, though they went after the one behind him. “My deepest apologies.” Chaekyung placed his hand over his heart and slightly bowed to Sojin which he did the same as well. “These two will be in deep reflection from now on. They acted on their own without any of the main group's knowledge. I will inform out Boss personally and we will compensate for the damaged done to Yejin and the boy. I also take responsibility for those who didn't know their place and what happened tonight.” He said in the calmest and polite voice. He smiled a bit and bowed again, “I hope this doesn't trouble our relations with each other.”

 

Sojin adjusted his suit and faked a smile, “Miss Yejin is a very understanding girl. She will let this conflict slide and will not persecute anyone. Please keep them in check or I will have to personally come and resolve this issue again.” Sojin nodded and went to retrieve his helmet from the still unconscious man.

 

Send them my regards and my apologies.” Chaekyung bowed again and this time, making Yusoo do the same. With one last glance, Sojin started his bike and went on his way.