Alone

Rainy Day

You.” Sojin called out to Taehyung as the boy obliviously walked by him. Little did they know, Yejin was locked up at the other side of the school. Sojin was leaning against his car nonchalantly while Taehyung had just finished a good game of basketball with his friends. Taehyung looked at Sojin suspiciously, but soon realized he was the intimidating man from last night.

 

M-Me?” He pointed to himself and Sojin merely nodded. Sojin pushed himself off his car and walked over to the boy.

 

Have you seen Yejin around?” He asked, looking the boy straight in the eye. “Did she leave school at all?” Taehyung hugged his basketball in front of him and shook his head fearfully. The feeling Sojin gave off with the look of his eye made they boy uneasy.

 

I-I... haven't seen her since last period.” Taehyung answered, “Did something happen?” Sojin lets out a sigh and looked at the ground. He was hopeful that Taehyung would at least know her whereabouts since they go to the same school and are somewhat acquainted, but hearing this from the boy crushed his hopes.

 

I've been here for almost an hour.” He looked at the boy again. “Seeing that you said you saw her last period, she must have been at school the entire day. However at this time, she should be home, but I haven't seen her leave the school nor have I heard a call from her uncle.” He told him and as he was about to continue someone leaving the school caught his eye. Taehyung turned in the direction where the man was looking at to see Doyeon leaving the school with paranoia written all over her face.

 

Doyeon! Have you see Yejin?” Taehyung shouted and the girl nearly fell over in shock.

 

N-No.” She took in a deep breath to calm herself. “I didn't see her at all after seeing her in the principal's office.” She lied.

 

Principal's office?” Sojin asked with disbelief which Taehyung responded with a nervous smile.

 

Alright, thanks.” Taehyung waved and the girl dashed off towards a small SUV waiting just a good distance from Sojin's car. The two watched carefully as she gets into the car with a masked man. In other words, her accomplice. Sojin who was a master observer, noticed the car having an unlicensed plate number. Suspicion started to wash over him, but he kept it to himself. “Did you try calling her?” Sojin's eyes flickered from where the car had left and the door Doyeon went out from. “Ahhh, I wonder where that girl could – “

 

Come with me.” Sojin hastily grabbed the boy from the collar of his shirt. He dragged the boy into the school and to the office they went.

 

          Meanwhile, Yejin was minutes from blacking out. She was close to having a major panic attack. Her eyes were fluttering and her breathing was uneven. She was falling in and out of reality. The pain from her head was unbearable and just a few minutes ago, she lost feeling in whatever open wound she had.

 

Yejin...” A hard and deep breathing echoes in her ears. “Stay awake.”

 

Daddy, I am awake.” She replied with soft breathing.

 

Help is on the way. Okay, honey?” He tried his best to be louder than the pouring rain that was making loud clanging sounds on the car. He looked over at her to see her staring off into space. “Y-Yejin.” He tried to move, but he was strapped in tight.

 

Daddy...” She mumbled. “It hurts...”

 

Sweety!” He shouted in a panic, but composed himself a second later. “ Shall we play a game?” He asked through his dry lips.

 

I like... games.” She smiled with her eyes barely open.

 

Okay. What game shall we play? What game?” He mumbled to himself with his eyes frantically looking in all sorts of direction. He tried to think of a game to keep her focused; however his mind went blank on the spot. Seeing how she was dozing off, that's when he remembers the game he used play with her when he use to teach her how to count. “Let's play the counting game! I'll start, Yejin. Yejin, daddy will start. 1, 2, 3...”

 

4, 5, 6...”

 

That's right, that's right.” He sighed, “7, 8, 9...”

 

10... 11... 12...” She whispered, but it comes out more like mumbles through the tape. While she counted, she forced herself to be strong and to stay awake til help arrived.

 

IT'S OVER THERE.” Taehyung's voice snapped her out of falling asleep. With the last bit of her strength, she slid over to the door and started stomping and kicking again, though they weren't as loud as earlier.

 

Taehyung... I'm here. She repeated in her head. Suddenly, the door was pulled up and there was Sojin and Taehyung slightly soaked from the rain. Their faces were plastered with worry and utter shock. Sojin hurriedly climbed in while for Taehyung, it seemed like his feet were stuck to the ground. The second Sojin climbed in, he accidentally placed his hand on the ground where Yejin's blood had dripped on. He lifted his hand in horror to see the stain and almost immediately, he checked the girl.

 

What are you doing?!” He screamed at Taehyung who finally recovered from the shock. He climbed in as well just as Sojin pulled Yejin to sit up. Taehyung frantically untied the girl and Sojin wrapped his jacket around her. “I know you're freezing, but this is all I have.” He covered her body just when Taehyung finished with her hands. “Go look for help. I already called the police and ambulance. They should be on their way. Tell them she's bleeding from the shoulder and what I think is a head trauma.” He ordered calmly yet quickly. And on cue, they hear the sirens.

 

R-Right.” Taehyung jumped out of the truck and ran off even though he didn't want to leave Yejin's side. Sojin leaned the girl against the wall of the truck and untied her legs.

 

Stay with me, Yejin.” He pulled off the tape from and she weakly spits out the cloth. She begins to shake violently when a short breeze passed them. He pulls her in a hug to block her from the wind and she accepted it with relief.

 

They're over here!” Taehyung comes running back with two paramedics who held first aid kits and a stretcher. One of the paramedics held out an umbrella and covered Sojin when he carefully carried Yejin over to them. With one last look at her saviors, Yejin collapsed into the stretcher.