Confusion

Rainy Day

          The next morning, Yejin found herself waken to the smell of breakfast. She lazily got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

 

Good morning, Miss.” Sojin smiled at her while he sets the table for two. She merely looked before walking pass the lively kitchen and into the bathroom. She washed her face and blankly stared at her reflection.

 

Once again, I wake up to life. She continued to stare at the reflection she doesn't recognize. She rinsed with water and dried her face with the towel Sojin had set out for her. When she left the bathroom, she tried to sneak pass the kitchen, but as she passed, Sojin wasn't there. She walked back to his room where she had slept in due to the fact he hasn't made preparations to fill the guest rooms with furniture. So far, the young man only has his living room, kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom and hallway decorated. She walked in without hesitation and there he was standing with his bare sculpted back. Normally before, she would turn away, blushing at his sculpted body, but now seeing his half body, she doesn't feel anything. Sojin looked over his shoulder as he wore his black dress shirt. He casually buttons up his shirt before throwing on his dark gray blazer.

 

I've prepared you uniform.” He stepped aside, revealing her not so shabby looking uniform laid out on the just made bed. “And a toothbrush for you to use.” This time, she couldn't stay silent.

 

Where did you get my uniform?” She walked over to the bed.

 

He smiled and went around her, “Boss had someone drop it off this morning. Now, if you'd excuse me.” He bowed, but before he could leave, she raised her hand. He turned back just slightly, but only sees the back of her head.

 

Don't do this again.” She coldy said. Nonetheless, he walked out with a small grin on his face. She took her time to change out of his clothes and when she tried to leave the house, she was forced to sit down for breakfast.

 

How is it?” Sojin asked while he was also eating. She barely gave him a reaction, but he accepted it anyway. The two eventually finished breakfast and he insisted that he would drive her to school, but it took him a couple minutes to convince her. Despite the fact she was beaten last night, he had no choice, but to send her back to school even though he was really against the idea to. He feared that her family might become suspicious on her sudden absent from school. All of last night, he was in and out of his room checking on her because she developed a high fever an hour after she fell asleep. He had to continuously change her bandages because her wound kept opening up and put towels over the swellings to prevent them from bruising. As of now, the only thing visible that linked to what happened last night, is the bandage on her cheek, cut on her lip, light bruising around her other cheek that isn’t as noticeable and the bandages on her palms. The car ride was silent like always, but they both somehow enjoyed the silence. He was fine with anything as long as she was. It didn't matter to him if she spoke or not either. Just having her close by made him feel alright.

 

          Back at school, Taeyhyung couldn't shake off what happened the night before. The entire night his mind was filled with worry over Yejin and the curiosity over the two intimidating men. The fact that he hasn’t seen Yejin at all this morning has been troubling him through class.

 

Yah, you alright?” Namjoon whispered from the zoned out boy's side. “Taehyung.” The only time Namjoon would whisper would be now in English class. The English teacher was Korean, but he persistently spoke and yelled at the class in English to the point the students were kind of terrified of him.

 

You two. Why are you whispering?” The intimidating teacher snapped. Namjoon ducked behind his book while Taehyung simply looked out the window. Loud footsteps echoed down the hall which belonged to Yejin. The row of students closest to the open wall turned their head sideways and watched as Yejin passed them. “Hey!” The teacher turned in the same direction. The two boys who thought he was still yelling at them, turned as well to receive scolding, but when they did, it wasn't directed at them. Taehyung's ear caught one of the students whispering Yejin's name. He leaned over his desk to get a better look at Yejin who now stopped at the door way. Her eyes were straight ahead, not even acknowledging the teacher's status. “Walk a little quieter! Why are you even late for class?” Without a word, she continued down the hall, but with a lighter footing.

 

How is she able to come to school after being beaten like that? Taehyung thought back to last night, “Mr. Jung, I need to go to the washroom.” He boldly announced. He made his way towards the door even without a reply from Mr. Jung. Mr. Jung tried to call him back, but he was too late. Taehyung followed the direction Yejin took to soon see her sitting in class next to the far window and next to Sanghee. He continued to stare. Yejin was distant like usual and focused solely on the outside. The teacher was no where to be found so the class had no restriction. Sanghee broke away from the lively conversation with her friends when one of them pointed Taehyung out. She waved to him with a smile on her face, but he only had his eyes on Yejin. It's as if she wasn't even there even though she was right beside Yejin. Sanghee looked at him with confusion before slowly turning her head to see what or who he's looking at. The sight of nothing else, but Yejin made her wonder what's their relation with each other. Deep down as well, the jealousy was growing.