Game Over

Rainy Day

  “I wonder if Taehyung is really dating that girl.” A regular student gossiper said to her friend as she was applying lip gloss onto her full lips.

 

What do you mean? I thought Taehyung is still with that crazy .” Her friend answered while she also did some adjustments to her appearance. She retied her hair in a high bun and secured the stray hairs with bobby pins.

 

I honestly prefer him with anyone, but that . I can't stand her. Heck, I'd love to see him with that loner.” The girl shoved her fruity lip gloss into her pocket. The two girl's nearly faint at the sight of Sanghee's angered reflection in the mirror.

 

S-Sanghee.” They both uttered in fear. With one simple, but deadly glare, Sanghee managed to get them to flee. She walked to the sink and started washing her hands while deep in thought.

 

I still haven't talked to Taehyung since that day... I kind of miss him. She thought herself. But that is always in the way. Always. Suddenly, a conniving thought came to mind. She looked herself in the mirror and smiled to herself. Perfect. She walked out of the washroom with full confidence and went back to homeroom. Her friends immediately surrounded her, though she ignored every one of them and went towards Yejin. The girl was sitting by herself like usual, eyes glued to the frosted window and tapping her foot rhythmically to the ticking clock. Yejin sensed Sanghee's presence and lazily looked up at her. She stared at the girl with a straight face, but ended up turning back to the window. Sanghee scoffed and flipped her hair to the side. She leaned down towards the desk and which made Yejin face her. “You'll regret the day you crossed me. I'm not done with you.” She hissed and kicked one of the legs of the desk which disrupted Yejin's tapping. With one last scoff, she returned to her group of friends.

 

She finally loss her mind. Yejin shook her head and continued to mind her own business. It's been awhile since she had returned to school. She's been living with Sojin despite still feeling some kind of resentment towards him back at the company meeting. As for now at school, all she wanted right from the start is a somewhat peaceful school life until she graduates. She was just about to get up to go to the washroom when the PA bell rings.

 

Staff and students. Today's school hours will be closed. You are all dismissed today and there will be no night class due to an inspection. Have a nice day.” The principal's voice echoed through the school. Once the PA signs off, loud cheering erupts everywhere in the class room. She grabbed her bag hastifully and followed the crowd of students out; however when she passed by Sanghee, she got tripped by one of the girls. Luckily, she didn't fall, but stumbled a bit. She rolled her eyes at the snickering girls and went on her way. She left like everyone else, but confusingly for her, the girls followed her closely behind. Suddenly, out of nowhere two of the taller girls hooked their arm around each of Yejin's and locked her still. She struggled her way out of the hold, but another girl showed up from behind and kept her body still.

 

You need to come with us.” The girl on Yejin's right whispered with a smirk. Yejin stopped moving and glared at her. “You'll see. Don't you worry.”

 

Everyone! Gather around the gravel field! There's something to be announced!” Another girl shouted over the chaos. That girl was nicknamed Doyeon's replacement.

 

          The student body before them froze in spot despite not knowing what's going on, they obediently went along. Taehyung and Namjoon also got caught up in the commotion, but during the floor under the girls. They tried to go through the crowd to go up the stairs to find Sanghee, but the on coming people swept them out towards the field.

 

Do you know what's going on?” Taehyung asked Namjoon as they settled in the middle of the crowd.

 

Whatever it is, it's Sanghee's doing.” Namjoon muttered and shoved his hands deep into his pockets. Even though he guessed on who created this crowd, based at how so many students are showing up, he's really sure that it's Sanghee who's doing this. Only she and her clique had the most social power to gather so many people up. The restless crowd soon quieted down just when Yejin appeared, still being held onto by the three girls. Upon seeing her, almost immediately Taehyung and Namjoon raced to the front row of the crowd.

 

Let me go or else.” Yejin threatened between her teeth, but the girls only twisted her arms back and held onto them tighter. Sanghee appeared right after and walked snobbishly between Yejin and the crowd. She stood next to Yejin and mockingly moved the girl's bangs away from her face.

 

Everyone, let me introduce you to Lee Ye – “

 

What the hell are you doing?” Namjoon snapped which caught Sanghee's attention. She lets go of Yejin's hair and crossed her arms over her chest. She faces him and looked Namjoon in the eyes with a smirk on her face. Taehyung held Namjoon back so that he could get a clear grasp on what Sanghee is planning, but doing so made him lock eye contact with her. For a second, her eyes softened and the smirk dropped from her lips, but it returned not soon after.

 

Lee Yejin. The loner.” Sanghee continued and walked behind Yejin. She grabbed the back of the girl's shirt collar and the other two girls lets go. She held the collar tightly and with her other hand, held her right arm behind her back. She pushed the girl forward and made the girl face Taehyung.

 

Did she lose her mind? Yejin thought to herself. She attempted to shake her away, but the sudden piercing pain of Sanghee digging her nails into her arm stopped her from moving furthermore. What is she planning?

 

Lee Yejin, the daughter of the mafia leader.” Sanghee announced in her clearest and loudest voice. She kicked the back of the girls knees. Yejin's eyes widen in shock as she bends forward towards Taehyung. She tried to look away from his eyes that did the same, but it was too late. All she saw were eyes filled with complete shock and fear. The crowd of students started to murmur amongst themselves, unsure of what to do or say. Without even looking at their faces, Yejin clearly knew they were judging her. She pushed herself back and forced her eyes to look away from Taehyung. “You all heard me clearly, right?” Sanghee finally lets her go when the girl shoved her away. Yejin hung her head and stared at her feet. There was no where for her to run. Everyone else had crowded around them, making it nearly impossible to escape.

 

I-Is this true?” Taehyung asked in disbelief. His eyes not even wavering from Yejin as Sanghee hooked her arm around his. She snuggled her head close and leaned on his shoulder.

 

So..” She whispered so that only the people closest to them can hear. “Who are you going to now? Me? Or that criminal?” She kissed him on the cheek before leaving with the rest of the crowd. Yejin waited for the footsteps in front of her to start moving, but Taehyung didn't move one inch.

 

I-Is this..” He hesitantly reached out to her. She watched his hands come closer, but he ended up stopping his actions. She took a step back, knowing he's scared of her. Namjoon grabs her by the hands unexpectedly and made her look at him. He bends forward to meet her eyes, but she avoided his as well.

 

Yejin, are you okay? Did they do anything else?” He asked her which surprised her. She thought he'd be the same as Taehyung. Scared, shock and confused, but he wasn't. Either he was trying to avoid the subject or it's as if he's not accepting what Sanghee had said. She pushed him away and shook her head. “You can tell me anything.” Namjoon insisted. Instead, she forcefully pulled away and ran off in the opposite direction. Even though she can hear Namjoon calling after her, she didn't look back. Deep in her heart she knew Sanghee had won. Because of that girl, she won't be able to live that somewhat quiet school life she wanted. And the people she managed to put some trust in and get along with, she knows won't look at her the same way. Especially Taehyung of all.

 

What should I do now? She asked herself. The last school she went to, all the students and staff were frightened of her. However, through the later years when she showed no sign of threat, they harassed her nonstop with practical jokes, threats and insults.

 

          After some distance away, she finally stopped to catch her breath. She looked back and breathed in the cold air deeply. Guess it's time for a new school.

 


 

 A/N: Hey (: Let me know what you think!